Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 762 Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

laura-belle - I've already gotten the calendar filled out!
Hurray for the good beta! I'm so excited for you.

DaisyMae - I'm glad the biopsy went well.

blueyezz - the schedule makes me feel better forsure. I really felt like I had no idea what was going on before.

vireoes - good luck on the beta!

auraleigh - I think the thinking and focusing on positive energy rather than fasting is a good thing this holiday. Definitely take care of you! I'm glad that you are feeling good despite the night sweats.
I'm sorry your sweet kitty is sick. I'm thinking of you and hope he heals up quickly.s

rcr - thanks for the heads up about the luveris! I'm pretty sure I'm getting it from the clinic, but I will ask about it tomorrow when I phone.
I'm so sorry you lost a chicken. I hope the rest recover quickly and aren't scared anymore.

silverbird - I'm sure my dates will change a bit, but at least I have any idea of what is going on now. I can definitely see how it would be awkward with work though. Hopefully mine won't mind too much.

AFM, well it seems like this IVF process doesn't want to make things easy for me. We've hit a lot of road blocks so far and I thought we'd be through once we got started, but it looks like I am allergic to the BCPs they gave me (Marvelon). This was my third day taking them. The first two days I felt a little itchy and flushed but didn't really think much of it. An hour after I took my pill tonight I broke out into hives and my lips and eyes started swelling up. After an anaphalactic reaction I had several years ago, I do not deal well with allergy related things. I'm going to call the RE first thing tomorrow to see what to do about this. I can't keep taking the pills, but I wonder if they'd be able to switch me at this point.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

:(  Go back to see RE next week and discuss fresh cycle.

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

#153 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Sorry vireos, hope your discussions go well with your RE.

Laura - exciting, exciting!  I can't remember how many embryos you had transferred back so I hope that there are one or maybe 2 little ones growing inside of you.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#154 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 08:45 AM

Thanks All! I am so excited. joy.gif

Shesaidboom -- Oh no! Hopefully it won't be a huge deal, but that is no fun at all. greensad.gif

Vireoes -- greensad.gif *hugs*

Lilac -- We transferred two, so I could be having twins. I think we will find that out at the six week scan.

AFM -- Not much new. Back to waiting. There seems to be a lot of that in this process.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#155 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 AM

B! F! P!

And now I wait for Monday's beta.

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#156 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 10:57 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Aura, SOOOOO happy for you!!!!!! :-) What wonderful news!!! May Monday bring a nice high number and may you have a healthy uneventful 9 months ahead of you!!!!!!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#157 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

vireoes - so sorry. I hope your RE appointment goes well. hug2.gif

laura-belle - I spoke to the clinic today and we have a plan without using the BCP so hopefully it won't change too much!
I really hate all the waiting! Hopefully the end of the wait brings good news.

auraleigh - HOLY SHIT!!! YAY!!!!!! Congrats! Now let's get you that happy number on Monday and prepare for a happy 9 months ahead of you.

AFM - so itchy!!! I just took some more benedryl and am hoping it helps my hives go down again. Ack. I just spoke with my fertility clinic and they're adjusting my plan. We're not going to include the BCP so I stop taking that right away, of course. They told me I should experience a withdrawl bleed within 4 days (although I'm skeptical because I've only taken it three times) and they will determine a new day 21 for me based on that. On Day 21 I go in for blood test/ultrasound. All my dates will change based on that, but at least I won't have to go to the hospital from an allergic reaction! 

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#158 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Vieros - I am so sorry. hug2.gif

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#159 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Aura: broc1.gifcarrot.gif Congratulations enjoy thoes two lines!

Vitreos: so sorry that sucks.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#160 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Aura!!!! YAY!!! I am so happy for you. You deserve this so much after all that you have been through. joy.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjoy.gif I am really going to miss having you around here. You have been such a source of support for me.

shesiad - so you are itchy from the BCP? That is strange. I have never heard of that. Glad you found out after only taking three - so hopefully this does not set you back too much.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#161 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Blue - thanks. I am going to tell DS. I just didn't want him to see all the blood and guts in the coop. I haven't told him yet. I am waiting until DH gets home tomorrow so that we can bury her in the backyard. Our ground is red clay and it is really hard, so I don't want to have to dig the hole.  I am going to tell DS before we bury her. Since he is always around my mom, and knows that she is dieing, and we have lost our dog last year, he knows about death, and I try to be pretty open to him. Although I am not comfortable with showing him the actual chicken body because it is half eaten and really scary looking.

Laura - 112 is excellent!!

#162 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 02:53 PM

Aura -- Yay!!! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#163 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 04:13 PM

Aura - joy.gif  joy.gif  joy.gif  broc1.gif  carrot.gif  banana.gif  You just freaking made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait to hear your beta number!  Did you call or email Dr. T yet to let them know?

Vireoes -Sending lots of  hug2.gif your way!!!!

rcr - hope the burial goes okay!!!  You are right, it is a good life lesson for kids to learn.

Shesaidboom - so sorry to hear about your reaction! That really sucks and make sure you don't mess around w/ swelling.  Do you have an epi-pen??? 

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#164 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 04:54 PM

first off, viroes, sorry to hear it didn't work out.  it's always hard to hear, but i'm glad you are going in to discuss the next cycle.

second, yay!  ladies i don't know what to think.  the line came up pretty quickly this morning, and wasn't a squinter either.  it's a real line.  medium darkness, i'd say?  DH was kind of shocked, and while i wanted to throw myself a ticker tape parade and march down the street while holding the test over my head, he gave a tentative "yay" and hasn't said much since.  i think he's scared until we get back both betas.  he's also preoccupied with our cat being sick, which i get (went to the vet to visit and totally cried my eyes out).  HOWEVER.  this is the first time we have ever had a positive pregnancy test and i feel like he is not giving it the attention it deserves.  i bought more tests because i wanted to test again, so after arguing with DH about his lack of enthusiasm (hormonal, maybe?) i ran upstairs to take a test.  i used a FRER this morning, but also bought some cvs cheapies for extras.  i peed on a cvs test, and waited, and of course, no control line.  the thing malfunctioned! of course.  and i'm all out of pee.  so now i'm feeling down and anxious to wake up tomorrow to test again.  it never gets easier.

thank you ladies for all the cheers! it made my day.  i can't tell anyone else really, so it felt good to be able to say it here.  also rcr, you know damn well i'm not going anywhere until you get your bfp too, so the support will not stop.  we've made it so far together! we have done the SIRM journey! I really think that they will be able to get you the baby you want.  

i emailed dr t to see if i could move up my beta, but his opinion is that we should wait.  he said "what will be, will be, so let's just wait and see what happens".  he's so mellow! but he's right.  

#165 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 05:29 PM

AURA- OMG OMG OMG I am soooooooo thrilled and love Dr T soooooo much, he's the best. And I swear DH didn't believe I was pregnant until the twins were actually born. We had one chemical so he was like well we will see, MEN ughhhh. Congrats.

VIREOS-greensad.gif

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#166 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM

AURA, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

biggrinbounce.gif

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#167 of 762 Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 PM

Aura, congratulations!!! joy.gif

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
#168 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Aura, yay!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! DH is just protecting himself after such an emotional journey. He'll come around. Can't wait to see today's line! joy.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#169 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 03:37 AM

i think it's weird that the control line is not as dark on today's test (bottom) but the pregnancy line is darker!

#170 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Aura, Yeah!  So happy for you!  After all of your ups and downs, you have a BFP!  Looking forward to the little one on the other end of your journey!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#171 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Aura - Go on and celebrate, and don't worry about DH. Men are weird like that. The first time I called to tell DH about our negative Beta. He said "oh" like it didn't matter. When I had a miscarriage I cried in my bed for weeks and he didn't seem to have much of a reaction. Then a few weeks later I found him crying on the phone with his mom about it. I will never understand men. I sometimes wish I was a lesbian because women are so much easier to understand. You should go out and throw yourself a ticker tape parade. I had a good feeling about this FET. I think your beta will be awesome. And thanks for saying that you are going to stick around.

I forgot to reply about your kitty after I read the good news. Sorry she is sick. I have a make cat who blocked twice. It was a pretty bad situation but he made it through. Is your cat a male? Blocking is apparently kinda common for make cats who were neutered young.

#172 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
rcr

Oh, forgot my AFM  -  DS has ringworm. I don't even know what to do about that. I need to figure out today if this is something that a doctor needs to see him for or if there is just an antifungal lotion that I can get. I was kind freaked out last night when I saw it, but I looked online, and apparently it is just a fungal infection and not really a worm, and not really a big deal.

#173 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM

AURA- I'll be the first to bet twins redface.gif

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#174 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 10:57 AM

Aura I am so happy to hear that this time took! Congrats!energy.gifjoy.gif

Laura another big congratulations!  joy.gif

Here's hoping every ones numbers keep climbing!

namaste.gif 37 married to the greatest guy in the world tiphat.gif45 w/ azoospermia from low T

IVF #1 angel1.gifangel1.gif

Frozen Transfer neg.gif

IVF #2 Cancled

IVF #3 ???

#175 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

vieroes - I'm so sorry, please take care of yourself.

AURA!!  OMG, YEAH!!!  AhHHHHHH I am SO freaking excited for you!  I can't wait to hear the beta numbers!  Those lines are definately getting darker!  I agree,throw yourself the parade, your DH will come around once he's ready and then he'll be jumping for joy along with you!!!!

laura - when do you get your 2nd beta?

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#176 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 03:26 PM

Aura, that is one fantastic pregnancy line!!!!!  What a wonderful thing to see!!!!!  joy.gif  I've been rooting for you ever since I joined this thread-- have seen you perservere through all the ups and downs-- and I'm doing a happy dance right now!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#177 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 04:45 PM

Thanks all! My second beta was today -- 245! I am finally starting to believe it. rcr, you can go ahead and move me to graduates! My EDD is June 5, 2013.

Aura -- Yay!!! My husband is also surprisingly un-excited. I think that it isn't real at all for him yet--maybe after the ultrasound it will click more for him.

AFM -- My ultrasound is October 15. I continue with the PIO shots and the estradiol pills for at least another 4 weeks. Back to waiting smile.gif

#178 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 08:12 PM

Wanted to pop in again and say to you, Laura, that is wonderful news--so happy for you!

Thinking of the rest of you wonderful ladies on here and hoping more good news is on the way!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#179 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 PM

RCR- Yay for cycle buddies! Everyone else- I'll try to catch up on persies with you all soon. AFM- Tired and have a midterm due Sunday, so I might be disappearing a lot. Also, my temp gig starts at the end of October, so that with IVF treatments is going to be pretty tough.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#180 of 762 Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 PM

Congrats Aura.  What exciting news.

Laura-wow two great betas.  I hope you have a smooth 9 months.

rcr-sorry about your chicken.  We had chickens and ducks when I was growing up and the coons or dogs would occasionally get in there.  It was sad, but we had many life lessons from those chickens between chicks and burials.  I hope the ringworm clears up quickly for DS.

shesaidboom-Welcome, great that you got a schedule and are getting started soon.

Hopefully I will get a schedule for my fresh cycle next week when I see the RE.  I think I just need to get it scheduled and move forward so I don't have time to dwell on the BFN.  DH was pretty disappointed, since we got lucky with our BFP on our first IVF attempt, I don't think he was prepared mentally that the second time might take longer. I had to explain multiple times to him that a negative beta means it didn't work even if AF hasn't come yet, since it can get delayed from the progesterone.  Not really a conversation I wanted to have at the time.  AF came this morning, so I think it should set in for him now and especially once we have a new schedule to work around.  It a took a while for it to sink in for him when we got our BFP this first time.  I think the whole thing is a little less real for men since their bodies are not going through the work over that ours are in this process.  I am sure yours will come around soon Aura once he has fully processes  it.

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page