Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 762 Old 09-29-2012, 04:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

viroes, i totally get the wanting to move on.  for almost 19 months i pretty much just jumped from procedure to procedure so i'd have something to look forward to.  will you give your body any time to rest in between? 

laura, that's a kick ass beta!!! i am so excited for you.  i keep peeing on sticks to make sure i'm still pregnant, i can't wait to have actual doubling betas.  

rcr, how did the chicken burial go?  sorry to hear your son has ringworm.  did you find out how to get rid of it?   also, thanks for the story about your dh.  i think i often expect my dh to react exactly like i do, and obviously he doesn't!  he's actually gotten a bit more excited yesterday.  he confessed that when i first showed him the test he didn't see the line!  it was 5:45 am, he didn't have his glasses on, and was still half asleep.  i guess i can't really blame him! 

mom, three cheers for dr t!!! again, thanks again, 100 times thank you, for giving me that initial recommendation to go to him.  going to SIRM was the best decision i ever made.  i was reluctant to leave my last RE, but i really doubt they ever would have been able to get me pregnant.  

to all the ladies,  it's crazy how entwined some of us get in each others' lives. i'm so happy when people are able to make brief stops here, but for those of us who had a bit more of a struggle (no woman left behind RCR! you're next!), it's like watching family graduate.  i mean, who DIDN'T cry when blue got her natural bfp??  i felt the same way stalking the grads thread and watching everyone who i met when i first started move on and give birth to beautiful babies.  the ivf advice and support we share here is priceless.  obviously hormones are making me sappy, but i have never been more grateful for finding this board. 

afm, today's line is darker than the control practically, so i think i'm still in the game.  i just want to take my beta already! 

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#182 of 762 Old 09-29-2012, 07:12 AM

http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/10752/20120710/ivf-avocado-fats-pregnancy-harvard.htm

I found this recently and hadn't seen anyone talking about eating avocados during IVF before.  I figure it is tastes good so why not give it a go.  Anyone read anything about avocados before?

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

#183 of 762 Old 09-29-2012, 07:25 AM

Aura- We live abroad right now and we had no IVF coverage in the states. I can get three to four fresh rounds for the price of one when we return.  We are not sure how long we will stay abroad, it depends on DHs work.  It is a lot less stressful knowing that we can afford to try again than if we wait and return home and have to worry about the cost of each cycle.   I had success with this doctor on the first go last time, so hopefully a new fresh cycle will do the trick.  Also I am already 39 so I figure it is best to just keep charging forward.  Since my FET was natural I don't really need the same recovery that a medicated cycle might warrant.  I guess I will see what the RE says this week.

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

#184 of 762 Old 09-29-2012, 09:09 AM

rcr - yeah, I had a reaction to the BCP. I've taken it before years ago, but a different brand, so I was really surprised. Hopefully things will still move along close to as planned.
Ugh, I'm sorry you have to deal with ringworm. I hope it heals up quickly!

blueyezz - no epi-pen, but I'm going to see my doctor this week about getting one just in case.

auraleigh - EEEK! I'm so excited for you. I love seeing those double lines. I'm literally dancing for you right now. Men are so weird about pregnancy stuff. Make sure you celebrate, even if he's not yet.

vireoes - thank you!
I agree about it being less real for men. DH always has issues really feeling it. He often feels badly because I'm so much more emotional over it and he feels like he should be, but often isn't because it's not his body going through it.

AFM - no breakthrough bleed yet after stopping the BCP. I'm not sure it will happen, but I will call the RE on Tuesday if it doesn't and we'll take it from there.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#185 of 762 Old 09-29-2012, 03:01 PM

So happy to see all the good news!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#186 of 762 Old 09-29-2012, 04:59 PM

The nurse called about my biopsy today. They found endomitritis. Antibiotics for ten days and then proceeding with the transfer as scheduled.

So happy for Laura and Aura!!
#187 of 762 Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 PM

Vireos, I don't blame you! Better get those eggs while they're fresh and you can!

Daisy, I had the same thing right before my fresh cycle. Good that they found it and can treat it!

Shesaid, hope af comes soon!

Afm, lots of laying. Lots. Is it Monday yet?

#188 of 762 Old 09-29-2012, 06:57 PM

Aura - can't wait to hear about you beta number!!!  Only 2 more sleeps until you know!!!!

Laura - great 2nd beta!!!

Daisy - Maybe that is a good thing that they found something!  This could really help getting your BFP!!!!  Glad there is an easy fix!!!

Shesaid - i'm sure your body is kinda confused right now and wondering what is going on. Hopefully AF will show her ugly face soon.

Vireoes - fingers crossed for your next cycle.  Never heard anything about avocados but sound good!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#189 of 762 Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 PM

Aura:  Woo Hoo!  I'm so happy for you!! I can't wait to hear your beta results on Monday!!

Wife to DH, Mom to DD (5/14/04) and our IVF miracle DS (10/12/12)!!

#190 of 762 Old 09-30-2012, 10:19 AM

Did a little Googling and am wondering if this was caused by my recent miscarriage. Anyway, glad it has an easy solution!

Can't wait to hear bout your beta, Aura!
#191 of 762 Old 09-30-2012, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I've been lurking for a week, but I want to congratulate those with their BFPs. I'm so happy for you all.

Me (34) (PCOS), DH (36) and DD1 (3) and DD2(1). We are going to go for a third. Now, will we succeed?
#192 of 762 Old 09-30-2012, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Laura and aura - congrats to you both!!!! joy.gifjoy.gif

It's so encouraging to see 2 ladies who have never yet seen 2 lines finally get their BFP's! I can't even imagine how you guys must be feeling right now!

vireoes - really sorry about your BFN. Hugs. I know what you mean about moving forward to not deal with the BFN. At my last BFN (after my IUI) I had an appointment scheduled with my RE the very same day to talk about when I was going to start IVF. I was so excited about moving forward that I barely even realised I had gotten a BFN. However it turns out those feelings were there anyways no matter how hard I tried to ignore them and I spent the next week or so crying all the time for no reason. I guess it's important to mourn no matter how much we wish we could just skip that step.

rcr - glad to hear you did that protocol as well. The info about your doses makes me less worried about OHSS. Thanks for adding that blurb for me, it's perfect :)

AFM - I expect AF to show in just over a week. Then I get to start the IVF! It's so close!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#193 of 762 Old 09-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Daisy- Yes, it could be. My OB said I might have had endometritis about a week after I delivered the boys. I had just had 24 hours of antibiotics before I left the hospital so he didn't see the need to do more.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#194 of 762 Old 09-30-2012, 02:36 PM

Laura:  Congratulations!  Your numbers are awesome!!!

Aura:  My friend...I am doing the biggest and best happy dance I can manage right now!  I am just ecstatic for you...energy.gif

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#195 of 762 Old 09-30-2012, 02:53 PM

Aura, YAY!!!!!  I am SO SUPER excited for you!!!!!  I read back 2 pages to try to get caught up and it sounds like your beta is tomorrow, can't wait to here what the numbers are!!!!  When is the ultrasound?  Any thoughts on if it's one or two?  We'd always love to have you in the twins club :)  Just so happy for your BFP and wishing you a very H&H 9 months!

deborahbgkelly likes this.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#196 of 762 Old 10-01-2012, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am home sick today. Feeling really crappy. Thank goodness the babysitter took DS this afternoon (this was my day to pick him up). I was just popping in to see how Aura's beta went. Any news?

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#197 of 762 Old 10-01-2012, 04:42 PM

Praying and belly, wheeeee!!!! I can't wait to join you on the other side!

Okay drumroll... Beta was 264!

#198 of 762 Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 PM

Aura::  Wooo Hooo!!!  That is an awesome number.  My first beta was 59!!!!

RCR:  Sorry you are not feeling well.  I was just thinking ahead (trying to get prepared).  I love Christmas...it is a magical time of year for me.  I just know this year December will be magical for you too....I see a BFP in your future.  I can't wait to share the excitement with you.  Your time is right around the corner.  I am soooo rooting for you!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#199 of 762 Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 PM

Aww rcr, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. What's wrong? I'm glad you had the afternoon to yourself to rest. I agree with praying, I am going to be your biggest cheerleader this December. After how great the last cycle seemed, this one can only get better.

#200 of 762 Old 10-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Aura -    Holy Schnikes Batman!!!!  Maybe you have two buns in that oven w/ that number!!!!!  joy.gifI'm on the "RCR" Cheer team as well!!!  energy.gif

rcr - do you think you have the flu or is it just sinus/cold?  Hope you were able to lay low today while DS was gone and you are feeling better.

Sourire - Hope AF shows up so that you can get the ball moving w/ the IVF!!!!!

Laura - how are you feeling????  When is your next appt???

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#201 of 762 Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Aura!!!! -- That is great! My doubling number wasn't that high. joy.gif

Blue -- Now I wait. My ultrasound is on Oct 15 -- two whole weeks from now. PIO shots are still not my favorite, I'm always tired, and I think the nausea is kicking in. So far so good smile.gif. Really, I should come over to the Graduates thread instead of updating here.

rcr -- Sucks that you're sick greensad.gif. hug.gif

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#202 of 762 Old 10-02-2012, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

rcr - I hope you're feeling better!  And count me into the rcr cheer team!!!

Aura - that's a GREAT number!  I'm on the twins boat :-)

Laura - excited for the 15th and to hear all about the beautiful heartbeat!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#203 of 762 Old 10-02-2012, 04:24 PM

Aura, I'm so so happy and excited for you and I'm actually waiting on pins and needles for your next beta ... I'm going with twins.

Sorry to jump in here, just following along :)

LauraBelle ... you too mama, this sounds so exciting for both of you and I can't wait to follow your journey for the next 9 months :)

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#204 of 762 Old 10-02-2012, 04:38 PM

hahah thanks ladies!!! i have no idea what 264 means.  i know it's high for some singleton pregnancies, but not as high as some of my friends' twin pregnancies.  i will be going for my second beta tomorrow and i'm nervous.  so nervous! 

#205 of 762 Old 10-02-2012, 05:18 PM

Well, my first beta with my singleton son (he's almost two now) was 37 or 39. So...I'm voting twins for you as well. redface.gif
#206 of 762 Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Been stalking along again, Aura- my vote is twins too! Can't wait for your second beta!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#207 of 762 Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Praying - thanks. It means so much to have all you grads sticking around to root me on.

Aura - Yippee!!! I can't wait to find out how many!!! When is your first scan? How are you feeling? Are you exausted yet? How is DH doing? I hope he is getting more excited.

Hope - thanks for being part of my "team" I love that!

AFM - gah!! what a crappy day. Last week my chicken was killed. Then I got sick. So last night I could not breathe and went to the ER (and It was really bad -I am totally not an ER kind of person). Turns out I have pneumonia . They gave me a breathing treatment and I feel so much better and able to breathe. Then this morning DH calls (he is about 2 1/2 hours away for work) and says that our cat (who lives in his apartment to keep him company) was sick and he was taking him to the vet. We have a very good friend who is our vet in our town, and she is amazing. So I met DH halfway and took the cat back to our own vet. He had kidney failure and was no able to pee (blocked). She wanted to keep him there. On the way home from the vet my mom's assisted living faculity called and told me that mom was on the way to the hospital. She was admitted for a few days. It is not too serious - just a UTI and dehydration. Then as soon as I got home the vet called and said that my cat died. I went up to see him, and just got back.  So hopefully I am getting all of my bad news out of the way so that I can have some good news in December. Thanks for listening to all my totally off topic stuff.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#208 of 762 Old 10-03-2012, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

rcr, doesn't it just seem that sometimes when it rains it pours, especially with bad news.  This summer many people that I knew passed away and the trend continues into the fall with fairly young people dying for what appears no apparent reason.  Hopefully good news starts coming your way soon.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#209 of 762 Old 10-03-2012, 02:39 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Rcr, oh honey what a rough run! hug2.gif. I hope you're right and you're lining up for good news in December.

Aura and Laura, great news! joy.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#210 of 762 Old 10-03-2012, 09:06 AM

rcr -- That is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week. hug.gif I hope this is the end of it. Take it easy, even "mild" pneumonia can knock you on your ass for months if you do too much while you are supposed to be recovering (ask me how I know eyesroll.gif). I really hope things look up for you soon.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page