Mothering Forum banner

Guided meditation/imagery for fertility?

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  skj2011 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for guided meditation/imagery/visualization CDs for fertility? I'm thinking it would help with the stress and emotional roller coaster of infertility. I'm new to meditation, so if there are general meditation CDs that would be good, I'd love to hear about those too.

Thanks!

#2 ·
SKJ - I've bought meditation tracks from Circle & Bloom (www.circlebloom.com). They are absolutely wonderful. They have different meditations for every part of your cycle. So far I was using the Natural Cycle sessions, but I think I'll buy the IVF ones for my upcoming IVF cycle!

#3 ·
Thanks. I remember you mentioning this a while back I think. Thanks for reminding me of the details!

#4 ·
Sourire - I just checked out the two options - natural and IVF/IUI. How did you do them if your cycle didn't match up? I have never ovulated on Day 14, so did you change which one you listen to depending on where you were in your particular cycle?

#5 ·
Yes they assume you are ovulating on CD14 so I would just pretend my expected O date was CD 14 and figure out which day to listen to based on that. But I think it doesn't matter too much if you're off by a day or two.

#6 ·
I also used the circle and bloom meditations. I used the ivf ones as that is exactly what we were dealing with. I found them to be fabulous. I found out I'm pregnant a week ago, and to be honest, I think I may keep using them a bit, when I need it. As there are still days when the stress gets to me.

I found that particular meditation program at a great price online...I think I paid $35 or so. It was an American online pharmacy that had it as a deal. If I an figure out where I got it, I'll post the deal.

but yes, highly recommended!

#7 ·
fullofhope - Congraats! That's very exciting to hear. And thanks for looking for the deal. Did you find that the meditations aligned with your cycle? I'm doing IUI with clomid and on to injectibles. Not sure if I should do the IVF one or the natural cycle one.

Thanks for your thoughts.

#8 ·
SKJ2011,

I played around a bit with the meditations...my ivf cycle was long (I stimmed for 14 or 15 days as opposed to the usual 10-12) so I would listen to some a few extra times. The 2ww had great meditations but my 2ww was longer than what they have (my clinic waits 16 days to do the beta). So again, I replayed a few, especially when I hit one I liked. I just adjusted it to what I needed. There are so many different meditations, with a description for each on their website, that it's easy to kind of decide how you want to play it out for yourself.

I've been looking for the link for the discounted site...no luck yet. I'll dig through my email when i can access it (can't right this minute)

#10 ·
In case anyone else is looking to download the natural cycle at a discount, I followed these instructions and got it for $34

1) Go to http://www.designrx.net/ and sign up to be a member. It's totally free, I did it myself with no issue.

2) Confirm your email address.

3) Once confirmed, you receive another email that has links to their site, and one to their forums. Click on the one for forums.

4) on the left hand side, there is an advertisement for Circle + Bloom. Click on it and you can buy the downloads for only 34 bucks instead of 59 on the C+B site or 69 for the cd!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.