New to Clomid questions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-24-2012, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ladies;

I just got my prescription for Clomid and Provera today.

I am confused.  My Clomid reads "Take one daily...every day"  I have heard other people say that they take them during certain days of their cycle.....Is taking it daily strange?  Should I be taking it only certain days of my cycle?  I don't want to go against my doctor but I wanted to be sure that was normal.

ALSO, she didn't say if  I should be taking the Provera AND the Clomid together or wait to take the Clomid after I am done with Provera.

Thanks for any help!

#2 of 9 Old 09-24-2012, 07:05 PM

The Provera is to induce your period. You usually take it 7-10 days and get AF towards the end of taking it to up to 2 weeks after taking it. 

Clomid is taken either days 3-7 of your cycle (first day of AF flow is Day 1) or days 5-9 of your cycle. You should ovulate 5-12 days after your last dose.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#3 of 9 Old 09-25-2012, 11:35 AM

I second what Sila said but you should call your nurse.  She will tell you the exact days.  Don't feel bad about calling.  My first cycle I think I called her three times!  They are there to help you and you want to make sure you are taking things on the exact days your dr wants you to. Good luck! 

Me - 31, DH - 35, DD#1 redface.gif 11, DD#2 innocent.gif 5    TTC since 9/10    MC angel1.gif 2/11    MC angel1.gif 1/12

* * * * * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * * * 30 * * * 34 * * * * heartbeat.gif 40 EDD 3/10/14

#4 of 9 Old 09-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Totally, call the nurse for further explaination. I call all the time! :) It's A LOT of information to take in at once.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#5 of 9 Old 09-25-2012, 01:23 PM

Yes, I agree, it's only meant to be taken for certain days of your cycle.... I'd call the doctor and ask again.  Good luck!

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#6 of 9 Old 09-26-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! I did take 1 my first night and then called the next day. They actually read how they wrote the script "days 3-7 of cycle" but the pharmacy messed up and put "take 1 daily"  Bad news is they gave me about 4x the amount of Clomid I need because of that - good news is, I now have enough to last me over a year (with refills) lol.  Thanks for the advice. Means a lot to know I can reach out.  I am currently on Provera waiting for my cycle to regulate.  Now I have questions about that LOL

#7 of 9 Old 09-26-2012, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone who has been on Provera- did it make you exhausted?  I have fallen asleep at my desk at work twice since starting it.  I usually drink one soda in the morning and I have been having to have 2 plus coffee lately.  I go to sleep at 7:30 at night because I cannot stay awake and sleep until 7:30 in the morning sometimes.  It started after my FIRST pill of Provera so that seems early for such big side effects but it is all I can think of!  I am also feeling "P.M.S.-Y" headaches, bloating, cramps, chocolate cravings! lol.  I guess that is a good thing though.....::Fingers crossed::

#8 of 9 Old 09-27-2012, 11:09 AM

Yes, Provera is a synthetic form of progesterone. Thus it is tricking your body into thinking it's near the end of it's cycle when your progesterone becomes higher and then drops if you are not pregnant bringing on your period. So the tiredness and PMS are good signs and are symptoms of progesterone. I experienced PMS symptoms near the end of my Provera before I started bleeding. Good luck!

#9 of 9 Old 12-29-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJantz View Post

Anyone who has been on Provera- did it make you exhausted?  I have fallen asleep at my desk at work twice since starting it.  I usually drink one soda in the morning and I have been having to have 2 plus coffee lately.  I go to sleep at 7:30 at night because I cannot stay awake and sleep until 7:30 in the morning sometimes.  It started after my FIRST pill of Provera so that seems early for such big side effects but it is all I can think of!  I am also feeling "P.M.S.-Y" headaches, bloating, cramps, chocolate cravings! lol.  I guess that is a good thing though.....::Fingers crossed::

Yes I just finished my first round of provera and whoa nelly I was exhausted I thought I was the only one

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page