October Infertility "One" Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 172 Old 10-13-2012, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post

Sila...I'll never be over to IVF, unless I win the lottery!  LOL!   I have a friend that spent everything she had on IVF, it didn't work multiple times.  Then a year later a miracle.  On her own.  IVF scares me.  The price scares me.  

I'm with you there. The price for IVF is atrocious and we'd never be able to afford without help or winning the lottery either.

But these women are brave and will go to incredible lengths to get their take home baby and I can understand. If there was an article somewhere that said your chances of getting pregnant would improve by 1% if you held your torso upside down for 20 minutes after intercourse, I'd do it. I think we would all do it. We are determined and strong.

Me (34) (PCOS), DH (36) and DD1 (3) and DD2(1). We are going to go for a third. Now, will we succeed?
#62 of 172 Old 10-13-2012, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Lindz and Devilish - Same here. I do know that the 2 ladies who just moved over to IVF from here are lucky enough to live in places where IVF is covered by insurance. I guess we just aren't that lucky. Then people say "just adopt" which is even MORE expensive! I do really want to do donor embryos (sometimes called embryo adoption) which is generally cheaper than IVF, but still thousands more than we have. Heck, I can't even afford the $3,000-4,000 injectable cycle to move forward with my treatment.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#63 of 172 Old 10-13-2012, 12:59 PM

America doesn't think it's citizens deserve medical care. If I could afford it, I would move.

By the way, you can adopt with almost no cost if you are willing to go through the Foster Care system. That is my fallback plan.

I'm trying not to be negative, but I know this cycle was a bust. Now I'm just waiting for AF. I'm planning to use Clomid and Progestone this next time. Clomid for the first time in around 6 years, and the first time ever for the progesterone suppositories. That 3 months of extra fertility from the HSG is running out fast! Hmph!

Think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#64 of 172 Old 10-13-2012, 01:33 PM

Stevi - You are right, though at this point I don't think foster adoption is for us. Good luck with the Clomid? Did it make you crazy last time around? What are your thoughts on using it since you seem to ovulate on your own? That it will boost your ovulation? Same here, that increased fertility after an HSG was BS...

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#65 of 172 Old 10-14-2012, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I agree with the thoughts on IVF cost. We are very fortunate to have insurance coverage for infertility. Honestly without it we would probably never have kids. I can't see my husband spending thousands on medicated cycles.

Sila- we aren't at a point where fostering would be an option either. I think embryo adoption is a good thing especially when you want to experience pregnancy & childbirth. Are the costs associated because of the transfer or does it actually cost so much to get the embryo? Is it cheaper if the embryo is just donated (like if you connected with someone who had extra embryos they aren't going to use?). I'm still really hopeful there are answers ahead for you and you will onceive naturally.

Develish- i think we all look for that elusive magic bullet for what may increase our potential for pregnancy even a fraction of a percent. There are many lengths I've gone to, herbs, massage, meditation, vacation, supplements, medications, sex positions, IUIs... It seems the list s endless but my hope remains that something will work & we will have our baby. Hopefully you won't need to consider IVF and the Clomid will be your magic bullet!

Stevi- the HSG fertility was BS for me too as well as the LAP, but hopefully the Clomid & progesterone are what you need. Did you like he clomid last time? It made me a crazy person but hey, it it works who cares about the crazies!

AFM- 5dpo. No excitement here.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 @10w , FET 5/21/13 @7w, IVF 10/11/13 @5w, FET 2/2/14 @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts.
******8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** *40
#66 of 172 Old 10-14-2012, 09:13 AM

I don't know if the Clomid made me crazy or not... I quit smoking at the same time. So, my insanity could have been either the Clomid, the nicotine withdrawals, or both! But, yes, I was really unpredictable that entire summer! I do seem to be ovulating on my own, but Clomid is supposed to mature extra eggs. I'm hoping having more eggs at once raises the chances of one getting fertilized.

I agree that Foster Care isn't for everyone. I especially hate that other people have to give me permission to be a parent. But, all adoptions require similar licensing; they call it a homestudy.

I would jump at IVF, ICSI, etcetera if I had the money! I can't even get testing to see why I have been unable to conceive since 2008.

I'm all negative again... AF is expected any minute. lol

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#67 of 172 Old 10-14-2012, 12:09 PM

Hi all.  It's funny that the convo has shifted to foster care.  I just read a blog yesterday about an infertile couple that ended up doing foster care and are in the midst of finalizing their second adoption.  Then I come here and there's talk about it too!  

I'm CD23 so nothing exciting here either.  Dreary weekend here too.  Loading groceries into the car in pouring rain was a real riot. 

Me - 31, DH - 35, DD#1 redface.gif 11, DD#2 innocent.gif 5    TTC since 9/10    MC angel1.gif 2/11    MC angel1.gif 1/12

* * * * * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * * * 30 * * * 34 * * * * heartbeat.gif 40 EDD 3/10/14

#68 of 172 Old 10-14-2012, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Plane green- resident of the northeast? Raining here too greensad.gif actually it has cleared for the moment but we are expecting more overnight! Are you CD3 and waiting to O or past O?

Stevi- yeah the idea of being approved to parent is jst sad. People do it accidently all the time with no permission but those who want to enough that they seek adoption have to jump through hoops... So backwards.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#69 of 172 Old 10-14-2012, 05:55 PM

Toothfairy - Midwest smile.gif Rained yesterday and today all day straight.  I'm 8dpo but I have a hard time converting to saying that.  So I'm on CD23 overall.  I can test next Saturday!  For now progesterone suppositories... ugh... 

Me - 31, DH - 35, DD#1 redface.gif 11, DD#2 innocent.gif 5    TTC since 9/10    MC angel1.gif 2/11    MC angel1.gif 1/12

* * * * * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * * * 30 * * * 34 * * * * heartbeat.gif 40 EDD 3/10/14

#70 of 172 Old 10-14-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk8shake View Post

Just a quick update to let you all know that this little one did not make it.  I had the D&C on Wednesday.  Of course it is still early, and I have said it before, but I feel like this is probably it for us.  Whether we move onto adoption or surrogacy, I don't know but I'm pretty certain that I don't have the emotional fortitude to go through this again.  Six is enough.

Oh sweets... I'm so, so sorry. You are so brave and it just SUCKS that this has happened to you again. Thinking of you....

Megan, loving her sweet rainbow1284.gif boys, born Aug. 2008 and Feb. 2011, and their sister, born still March 2007 candle.gif
#71 of 172 Old 10-15-2012, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

It all just sucks, if you ask me.  Having to be approved to be a parent, or having to fork out thousands and thousands of dollar for the simple chance of being a parent is all kinds of wrong.

I hate the idea of the expense, whether it be IVF, adoption or surrogacy, and I hate the idea of ethics committees and in home assessments and all the rest.

It is funny that foster care has come up here though.  DP and I looked into it about two years ago, went to the info session, etc, and decided that we didn't have it in us.

To foster a child is to know that you have to give them back at some point, and that is one thing to come to terms with, but to know that you can have a child for years, even a decade or more, and still potentially have to give them back is just heart wrenching.  I swear the families that do this must be saints. 

Megan - blowkiss.gif

Everyone else, I'm always lurking, but seeing as TTC is not going to be on the cards, I guess I will not really be a relevant contributor to this thread anymore.

I was going to ask for my blurb to be updated, but I realised that I don't know what it would say.

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16******24*** 28***32***36***40
#72 of 172 Old 10-15-2012, 07:07 AM

Milk8Shake...   Yes, I totally agree that doing straight Foster Care must be difficult, but people can also adopt children from the Foster Care system. Which means the same as adopting privately; you don't have to give them back. :)

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure you will make it work for you.

#73 of 172 Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 AM

Sila: LOL, i included the $ spent on the internet cheapies and the $store ones too.  DH buys First Response and my mom seriously made me take a "pregnant /not pregnant" test when i found out i was pregnant with my last one lol.  I have an addiction to peeing on sticks...because i think "maybe, just maybe it will happen"  I saw when on 9DPO i didn't have anything on a test and by 10DPO I had a pretty little line and by 11DPO I had a "pregnant" on a digi test...so i know that i can change within one day....it's just hard to talk myself into not testing every month and I really should stop lol.

Plane:  Yes maam :)  Our kids are pretty close in ages!!! It's so hard some days where i think,am I crazy for wanting this again?  To have to go back thru oral medication and having to wake DH up each night when I get home from work just to have sex to try to have a baby instead of doing it when I'm in the mood....(which has been a lot more often lately...another reason I'm ill that I'm not pregnant yet lol).

Milk:  I'm so sorry that things have come to this for you guys sending big hugs and thinking about you!!!

AFM:  I went for my base line u/s and blood work today and the nurse actually remembered me from the last time we were there. LOL It's amazing that even with how many people come in and out of the office they still remember you and that's one reason i wasn't totally against going back to this RE!!! They are wonderful people and make me feel at home! ANYWAYS, as suspected I have TONES of follicles on each ovary so our diagnosis is PCOS again.  I knew that it would be that when we went in so i'm not too shocked.  She said that my lining is great for CD4 and went ahead and gave me my scrip for Femera.  She told me not to fill it until she calls me this afternoon though because the doctor MIGHT change his mind about what he wants me to do....so we will see.  I should know more sometime between 1 and 5.  She said that it might be a little later since they were doing IVFs today...so the Doctor would be pretty busy.  I am just ready to know what our next step is!!!

ETA:  I got a call from the nurse today at 1:50 this afternoon.  I start Femera (well the generic Letrozole) in the AM (like as soon as i can get to the pharmacy and get it filled).  5mg for 5 days BD every other day for the next 2 weeks and go back for bw and us on October 29th at 7AM to see if the meds helped any.  They also had me go ahead and call to see if I have injectable coverage for Menopur and Ovidrel and my insurance covers with $60 co-pay per so that's not TOO bad...it's only like $15 more than my last insurance was.  Here's hoping that this works...but if not we'll move on to the next idea he has...i just know that he doesn't play around with it lol

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#74 of 172 Old 10-15-2012, 03:11 PM

Milkshake - I am so sorry. Sending a hug your way.

I admire anyone who fosters or adopts through the foster system. One of my coworkers has been trying to adopt through the system and had several children almost placed with her and then a family member stepped up at the last minute. She now has a little one that is staying with her and I hope she gets to keep him. Apparently, he's not on the "adoptable" list yet, but his family doesn't seem capable of regaining custody. So she might get to keep him... or she might not. I'm not sure I could handle that emotional rollercoaster.

AFM: I'm on cd 14 and just had my second IUI done today. The clomid was kinder to me this time around and my body decided to ovulate without an hcg injection. The IUI procedure itself was easier this time too - not as painful. DH had something over 110 million swimmers and I have two follicles measuring 25mm on my right ovary. I'm hoping this will be the month. If not, then the next cycle will include an HSG, clomid, and another IUI.

This month is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month. Tonight I'll be lighting three candles in remembrance of my babies. I found this memorial night to be very healing last year. On Sunday, our city is hosting a Walk to Remember, and I think I will go to that too. Is anyone else doing something to honor their angels this month?

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#75 of 172 Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

Milk8Shake...   Yes, I totally agree that doing straight Foster Care must be difficult, but people can also adopt children from the Foster Care system. Which means the same as adopting privately; you don't have to give them back. :)

It's great that there is access to a program like that.  It's a bit different here, I guess.  But then again, the adoption rate in Australia is much, much tinier than the US, so it does make sense in some ways.  Here, you can opt for longer or shorter term placements, but there is never any guarantee of the parents giving up their legal rights.  

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16******24*** 28***32***36***40
#76 of 172 Old 10-15-2012, 05:13 PM

Milk8Shake...   Oh... Here it isn't usually that the parents voluntarily give up their rights, the parents have their rights taken away. I didn't realise how small the population there must be.

#77 of 172 Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Tickletoes- thought sounds like a beautiful way to remember & honor your babies.

Milk- still in disbelief that this happened again. Will the do testing again to look for a cause? I imagine it is a confusing place to be but know that we are always here for you even just for life things. Were you ever on the adoption list? I know you had said long ago they had some rules about TTC while waiting to be approved.

Brichole- hopefully the letrazole does the trick & you can keep that $60 in your pocket for sweet baby things!

#78 of 172 Old 10-15-2012, 07:21 PM

Toothfairy:  I hope so too!! $4 sounds better than $60 any day lol

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#79 of 172 Old 10-16-2012, 06:03 AM

Hi guys. I'm Amber. New here. :c

Sorry to jump in on your convo. :s

Anyway, doc just told me on the 6th I'm infertile at 22. Ridiculous. I've gotten blood tests and ultrasounds, nothing wrong. I just don't ovulate, which to me is weird but, it makes sense since I haven't had a period in four years. Granted three were from birth control, but an entire year of no period without it? Come on. Great to not have the monthly curse but not so great bc no period equals no ovulation which is, of course, no baby and we've been trying for about 14 months.

Granted I already have one child. She was a BC baby, completely unplanned since I was 17 when she was conceived. I cannot imagine what some of you are going through with not having any children and facing infertility. I am truly sorry.

The hubsters still waiting to see if he's contributing anything to this party. But I have an HSG today. Has anyone else had this done? Experiences? I've read it's pretty painful. 

Also, I saw some of you were talking about adoption. I know the military has a program where they reimburse you $2,000 in adoption fees and such. I'm not sure if any of you are military but if you are it's worth a try. Also if no one is you could try looking up similar programs if you haven't already. I'm sure there HAS to be something out there if you're going that route. 

#80 of 172 Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 AM

Amber Bowman...   I had an HSG very recently. The pain was not that bad; similar to bad stomache cramps, and they go away immediately.

#81 of 172 Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 AM

We are lucky that DH has a job that pays well and that we have inheritance money from his mom that is paying for our treatments. We are also lucky that our RE codes as many things as possible as diagnostic so we don't have to pay OOP. My MIL would be glad that the inheritance money is going toward creating a child. AFM- Baseline ultrasound and bloodwork Thursday. This is a repeat because the lab screwed up last time. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#82 of 172 Old 10-16-2012, 05:42 PM

Hi Ladies!

Lots going on here and yet nothing going on. WTF, when is the tide going to change already...

Sourie and Toothfairy: I wish you both the best of luck on your new path!

Sila: I know nothing about endo/laps etc. but hope a closely monitored cycle will help you to figure out your hormonal stuff and will lead to some sort of an answer already!

Hi to everyone new or old but new, I hope you are here for a short time and that you brought lots of fairy dust with you!!

AFM: This was supposed to be a medicated cycle, the first in months due to work schedules/trips etc. My doc has me on Femcon(BCP) for two weeks, then I was supposed to start injectibles and planned to do iui and then crinone. But, things just never go as planned...I just found out that my insurance pays for 4 lifetime attempts at having a baby. I had interpreted this as doing whatever it took to get a baby 4 different times. In hindsight I realize how ridiculous my interpretation is but nonetheless thats what I thought. Insurance will actually cover 4 cycles in a lifetime, they don't care if they are 4 iui cycles, or 4 ivf cycles. It is 4 cycles no matter what. So, my RE suggests going straight to IVF as the success rate is so much better. This is all unraveling so I don't know if I can switch for this cycle or if the plan will be for next cycle...I don't know what to think really.

#83 of 172 Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 PM

my name is nicole and i am 30 years old and we have been trying to concieve since july 2011.  I haven't been officially diagoned with PCOS but that is what my OBGYN is thinking.  I am currently on provera trying to regulate my cycles but it is literally making me sick.  I just found out today i got the okay from my insurance for a ref to see an RE now just waiting for the approval from the RE now.  i got some advice from a friend today to try accupuncture and chiropractic instead of the provera since it is not making me feel good.  i look forward to having women to talk to about this.  i appreciate the honesty and help. 

#84 of 172 Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 PM

Cait - Yes, the majority of the fees for donor embryos are FET and agency/legal fees. Yes, it can be cheaper if you chose not to go through an adoption type agency, but there would still be legal fees as no matter what you should draw up a legal contract with the donor parents. Why? Do you want to donate any untransfered embryos to me?!?! Jk. Embryo adoption/donor is something I would love to do eventually no matter what - whether we conceive biologically again or not. Not only would we not be able to ever afford IVF, it's not something I'm sure I could ever do. For reasons similar to your struggles with the decision. We can get into that later ;)

Stevi - I hope AF arrived (or by chance not!) and you are back from negative-town :)

Brichole - Oh honey, you are one of those people. I've heard someone explain it as having "magic pee" that no matter what you feel like your pee is magic because it made at least one line appear on a test... Wait so you aren't being monitored this cycle? Or the 29th is when your first monitoring appt is? No IUI? Did I just make up that I thought you had male factor stuff too? Anyways, good luck! My Ins. will cover specific injectable meds as long as they are ordered from approved pharmacies. Which is fine with my RE. 

Hi Amber - How did the HSG go? I'm a "tough girl" lol, so I thought it was a breeze. The worst of it was that my cervix was WAY the heck up there and they had a rough time getting the catheter in and then even though I had been on antibiotics prior and after, I still got a UTI! FWIW I would get a second opinion and more testing to help figure out what is going on with you! Welcome!!!

TickleToes - Gad the Clomid was better this time! It can sure be a bitch! Great sperm count too! I have been pleasantly surprised with how many people I have noticed posting pregnancy and infant loss month things on facebook. I feel like the awareness is growing, or at least in my circles. I totally thought today was the day to light candles (I was thinking today was going to be the 15th)...I've been thinking about my babies a lot today. Especially since my last loss was so recent. I'm thankful to have you here. I feel like we are in similar situations.

Bucketofrain - Oh man, I hope you aren't beating yourself up too badly over your mistake. I hope your RE can shed some insight and you can make a decision you feel at peace about.

Welcome Nicole! I'm sorry you new ladies have to be here, but happy to have more ladies to go through this with. The Provera will induce a period so you can start a new cycle. You may be feeling sick because you progesterone is suddenly elevated. Similar to your luteal phase after you ovulate when your progesterone is elevated. An acupuncturist can induce a period for you. It never actually worked for me, I ended up ovulating instead! Which is fine too. How many days of Provera are you on? 7? Try to hang in there!

AFM - I practically gave blood yesterday when I got my RPL panel drawn. 12 vials of blood. At least a week until I get the results. CD26 today and I went in to my RE to try to figure out where I am in my cycle so we can get my laproscopy scheduled. Not much going on in there. No big follicles, but a nice thick lining. My estrogen was really low, so I'm not looking to ovulate any time soon and I'm not producing progesterone so I have not (as expected) ovulated. 1) If my estrogen was so low I'm wondering if I do have a hormonal problem, 2) I've been having a lot of pelvic pain/cramping which is obviously not associated with my being near ovulating (because I'm not), so endo is seeming more and more a possibility. I'm going in Thursday for a progesterone shot to induce AF. I actually feel a sense of relief about this. I think without thinking about it I was worried that we would some how miraculously conceive right away and I wouldn't have done the testing and that we would lose another baby. Now that won't be a possibility. I should get AF a week or so after the shot. Then we can either schedule the lap, or go on BCP until I'm ready to schedule it. I'll really just be waiting for my next doula baby, which is actually my best friend. I wouldn't miss her birth for the world! No pressure baby, but I'll be waiting on you to schedule my surgery. Plus it needs to be on a day DH is off so he can take me...

#85 of 172 Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 PM

Sila- I nearly fainted after only (ha, only) 5 vials of blood for my testing! I hope you fared better.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#86 of 172 Old 10-17-2012, 05:22 AM

Hi ladies...may I join you? 

After 15 cycles TTC #2, I've finally gotten in for some testing with an OB/GYN (there are no REs in our area, and the closest is 4 hours away). 

All of the lab values the OB/GYN had tested were normal (FSH, estradiol, prolactin, thyroid, progesterone). She didn't order LH, testosterone or any of the fancier endocrine labs. She said a PCOS diagnosis could be made based on physical evidence of androgenization coupled with abnormal appearing ovaries on ultrasound and/or wonky menstrual cycles. I had a normal fasting glucose and have not had a glucose tolerance test or insulin level. I have a fuzzy upper lip and tummy, struggle with weight and currently have a BMI 31-32.  My hair is thinning in the bangs area.  I have regular (though long 31-34 day) cycles, usually, and appear to ovulate in the late teens, usually.  

Well, I had a saline injected sonohysterogram this week, and it revealed a normal uterus, endometrium and R ovary but L ovary with 5 characteristic "string of pearls" small cysts. So, she's giving me kind of a "borderline" diagnosis of PCOS. She's being rather vague. She recommends Clomid as the preferred means to acheiving pregnancy. She said that Metformin isn't as effective at helping PCOS'ers to conceive. 

Anyway, I've considering myself as falling in the spectrum of PCOS and have been doing some research since she first brought up the possibility at my initial visit last month. I've started eliminating refined carbs/sugars from my diet, working on decreasing my considerable caffeine habit and lost almost 10 lbs. I've been exercising regularly for quite some time, but have had no success with weight loss until I started the low GI diet that I'm now (mostly) following. I'm going to add supplements as soon as they get here; B1, B6 and B12, inositol, and vit D.  So now with this "borderline" diagnosis, I'm committed to improving health and fertility. I want to avoid medications at this point, though haven't ruled this out for the future. 

Anybody here with experience with "going the natural" route in terms of minimizing the effects PCOS can have on TTC and on your health in general? What has helped you the most and what kind of PCOS symptoms do you experience? I'm interested in improving my general health and minimizing my risks for future health complications as a result of my screwed up metabolism/endocrine system, even if I'm "borderline" PCOS. 

Thanks to all who take time to read this novel and respond with your thoughts. Oh! DH's SA had awesome counts and motility, low morph; he's repeating his SA this month.  

I promise my posts are not always so long.  And I have no idea why it's showing up with a gray bar over the type. Sorry!!

Married to P and mama to DS (1/09)blahblah.gifand DD  (09/13 babygirl.gif). I'm into friends and family, gardening, exercise, yoga, reading, knitting, photos, traditional foods, breastfeeding, home birth, babywearing, and much more. 
#87 of 172 Old 10-17-2012, 07:32 AM

SilaMarila...   Yes, AF arrived. I had a 12 day lp, which is unusual for me. Anyway, this cycle I'm doing Clomid, baby aspirin (started about a month ago), morning coffee around ovulation, and progesterone suppositories (after O). All of that in addition to my regular supplements, though I did start taking Co-Q-10 again a couple days ago; I'm hoping it will raise my energy levels a bit. My COPD makes me feel listless and tired all of the time.

I also noticed a few of my relatives posting on FaceBook about October being infant/pregnancy loss awareness month. I lost my first pregnancy in October, so it is a difficult month for me. But, while I understand that it helps others, I cannot put up posts about my miscarriages. I guess I don't feel like they are something I want my entire family to know about. It's not exactly a secret, as I have told a few relatives, but I don't want to plaster it all over FaceBook either. Maybe I just don't like to share my babies in such an impersonal way? I have no trouble telling people in person about my losses. Maybe it feels like I lessen the importance of those tiny lives by tossing them in with so many others... I don't know... I do know that the posts about loss remind me of mine, and I do better when I don't think about them too much. It does that here as well, but I'm prepared to see it when I come here.

Day one of Clomid tonight! Wish me luck that I don't turn into a raving lunatic!!

Think Fertile Thoughts!!

#88 of 172 Old 10-17-2012, 09:33 AM

Hello, my name is Tammy and I'd love to join all of you if there's room for another. innocent.gif I'm 35, my DH is 32 and we've been TTC our first and likely only baby together since Oct 2011. I have two lovely little girls from my previous marriage that are 7 & 9 years old.

I've had the full battery of tests, minus AMH (I think that's the name of it? The one to test egg reserve/quality?). Everything came back normal except my progesterone was 8.2 on my 6-7DPO draw. DH's SA was way above average except for Morph but it was still considered in the normal range at 5% for Strict Kruger. I've had issues with TEBB (tail end brown bleeding, so my normal AF is 4-5 days, then spot brown basically until I get EWCM and ovulate), and a few other markers for Endo so my OBGYN suggested a lap/hysterscopy/d&c.

I had all of that done on Sept 14th and was unpleasantly surprised to find out that not only did I have Endo, I also have one non-functioning tube. He said that it's most likely always been like that though, and my right tube works great (they did the dye test as well while they were in there). Since I conceived twice before, he thought it was just going to take a little longer.  Right after the surgery, we had to move (it's been a crazy couple of months). So when my first post lap cycle failed, I headed to a new OBGYN in our new city.

My appt with her went VERY well. I took all of our lab results, photos from my procedure and all the charting info, etc. that I had to her. Thankfully, she is awesome and after talking with us, offered 3 monitored cycles of clomid. She thinks that my egg quality might be suffering a bit due to my age, and that more targets are a good idea since we want to conceive ASAP. Woohoo!

She has me taking 50mg per day from CD 3-7 and I've taken 2 doses so far. I'm nervous about side effects but so far all I've had is some crazy dreams...good dreams though! LOL I'm also worried about the risk of multiples but DH and I would rather have two babies and a crazy life than no babies at all. :)

I'm taking prenatals, folic acid, raspberry leaf, COQ10 and flax seed oil (I ran out of EPO, debating whether I should get more or not and I haven't read if it's okay to take w/Clomid yet). I'm considering adding baby aspirin to the regimen and possibly guaifenesin but I'm on the fence about it because I keep getting conflicting info re: if it's safe or not.

Phew, that's my long winded intro story. Sorry it was so long! I'm looking forward to being part of the group and cheering everyone on to their BFP's! orngbiggrin.gif

#89 of 172 Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Wow! It is nice to see some new faces here! I mean, I wish you all didn't need to be here but it had gotten quiet. Hopefully some new blood will increase our BFP chances. 

Tammy- The endo club really stinks and adding a bum tube on top of that just takes the cake. Your doctor is right though that having one good one and a history of pregnancy is really hopeful. Good luck with the clomid! I did 3 cycles and it made me crazy but with so much success it is worth the try. Sounds like you found a great doctor as well. Welcome!

haurelia- There are a few PCOSers on here and although I think all are medicated there is a lot you can do unmedicated to improve your chances. Sounds like you have taken the right first steps with diet change. The other supplement to research is NAC (n-acetyl cystine)- it has great potential in recent studies to increase success for women with PCOS. I know krunchyk (a participant on this board) has a list of PCOS supplements on her blog so that is a good place to start (she's an amazing blogess but I'm not sure she knows that!). 

colsie- sorry to hear the provera is making you sick! I think that happened to someone a while ago but I can't recall what they did to feel better or if they stopped taking it. I also tried acupuncture and see a chiropractor regularly but I'm not sure about inducing AF (although ovulation, like sila said, is good too!). I'd talk to your doctor. What kind of symptoms are you having, anything manageable or are you just terribly ill from it?

Amber- Hope your HSG was easy peasy. Sorry I couldn't give input yesterday but mine was uneventful as well. Crampy like a period for maybe 30 seconds but that is it. Do you have a medication plan for your next cycle? Also, how is your BMI because that can stop ovulation as well. Looking forward to learning more about you

Tammy, haurelia, colsie and amber---- if you look on the front page we each have little blurbs telling a little about ourselves/IF situation- let me know if you would like one added! 

Sila- There is nobody I would like better to take my leftover embryos, especially since I know you are such a great mom! It is the freezing process that totally freaks me out so we opt-ed out of freezing anything, I hope not to regret this in 2 months when I have my beta. Whoa, 12 vials of blood! I think I had about that much my first CD3 testing. When is the baby due? So many things make scheduling a nightmare...

Stevi- 12 day LP is really good. Combining that with the Clomid and Prometrium should give you great changes!

AFM- Not such good news at the RE today. Turns out I am positive for Anti-thyroid antibodies, DH morphology is down to <0.5% (normal is 4-6%)- crazy since all his other numbers were double the average. My AMH was 1.04 which is just slightly above normal but still not very high. So we are looking at IVF with ICSI, starting BCPs 10/28. 

#90 of 172 Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 AM

I forgot to add my little blurb too, thank you for doing this!

Tammy (35) Mild endo, left tube atrophy; DH (32) perfect SA. We're TTC#3 but our 1st together since Oct 2011. Lap/Hysterscopy/D&C/tube check 9/14/12, found left tube useless and mild endo. Started 1st round of 50mg clomid CD 3-7 mid October 2012, praying this does the trick!

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page