Progesterone creams? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know of a good progesterone cream I am waiting to ovulate but I want to make sure I have my progesterone cream ready to use the day after I ovulate ?? Any help ladies thanx
#2 of 11 Old 10-13-2012, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)

Bump for more views! 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#3 of 11 Old 10-19-2012, 12:15 PM

Don't know anything about using the creams, but my post menopausal friend recommended this to me for regular female health (I'm only 27)...

http://www.amazon.com/Emerita-Pro-Gest-Natural-Progesterone-Paraben-Free/dp/B000IMQE5U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350673996&sr=8-1&keywords=progest

I think it is fine for pregnancy too. Double check the ingredients though.

seasiren likes this.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#4 of 11 Old 10-22-2012, 10:38 AM

The Emerita is the one I used to save the two babies I do have...after that, I switched to a different brand, and I have lost every single baby since then...maybe just a coincidence, but maybe not. It never registered until right now. 

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#5 of 11 Old 12-04-2012, 05:10 PM

joyfammama, what do you mean save, if you don't mind me asking?

I've lost two pregnancies since my boy was born 2 years ago, and both times I cramped and barely spotted pink for daaaaays until I started to miscarry. I asked if I could do anything once I started cramping and they were like "huh, well, no." no hormone level testing or anything. They say there's no reason to think there'd be a fertility problem because I carried my son to term a few years ago. 

My question really is, should I have this cream on hand next time I get pregnant? 

#6 of 11 Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 AM

I mean, I'm as sure as I can be that the two babies I do have I would not have had if I had not used the cream. Every time I cramped and/or spotted, I would put some cream on, and it would stop within minutes. I had to use it for about 2-3 weeks and then I was able to stop (at about 10 weeks). Does that make sense?

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#7 of 11 Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 AM

A lot of sense! and I'm glad I came across this. I lost mine both between 8 and 10 weeks and they told me my uterine lining was probably not thick enough and better luck next time. I'm definitely going to get the cream next time.

#8 of 11 Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 PM

From what I have researched it is good to start using the cream a few days after ovulation even, or at the latest the day you get your BFP. Then use until 10-12 weeks, because stopping may cause miscarriage. It is one of those things, you don't know for sure if it helped, but it can't hurt so why not try it! I used it for my first pregnancy, now using it this cycle (7DPO) hoping for a BFP.

Shannon 30 DH 31

dd- Kennedy 03/28/10

BFB on 2/12/13 due on 10/23/2013!!!!!

#9 of 11 Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 PM

I think you're right, flyabuv. It's not been very wise of me to wait until I start spotting to use the cream. However, I only recently learned about how many women start to use it 2-3 DPO (often shots or injections), long before they ever have any concrete idea whether they successfully got pregnant or not.

#10 of 11 Old 12-13-2012, 05:21 PM

I hope you don't mind me posting here...I just happened to be searching for something and this came up.

I just thought I'd share that I've used progesterone cream for many pregnancies (both successful ones and losses).  I try to find a cream that lacks estrogenic ingredients (this site has some listed- http://bioidenticalprogesterone.info/miscarriage.html).  I generally wait until a confirmed ovulation, so 2-3 days after, but I have started it before I actually ovulated and it didn't mess anything up.  I have always used 2-3x the "normal" dosage, and at least twice a day. 

However, now I don't just rely on the cream, but I take Welcome Womb, too.  I figure I can only benefit from the added help.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#11 of 11 Old 02-22-2013, 05:35 PM

1babysmom - I'm glad to hear using a double dose is OK. Thanks!!

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page