when youre having physical pain symptoms, how/where do you sit/lay? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-08-2012, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for ideas to create a physically comfortable or at least comforting environment. My symptoms seem to be getting worse. Doctor said it may be what they call "non specific lower back pain" and maybe endometriosis spreading its nerve roots into the bowel. When i am in the middle of an episode, as i call it -in other words painkiller type pain, or even leading up to that or really even "coming down" from that-feeling attacked inside and attempting to find comfort , its hard, right? That was a long sentence, i am not used to talking about this, bear with me if you will. I generally dont sit much when home, i feel busy. Even when i sit to eat, my chair is just not right, i think its angleing my pelvis wrong and putting pressure in the sore spots. Even on my good days, 15 minutes in that chair and i feel knotted up for hours. It can get really bad, it creeps up and makes everything stiff in response to having to tolerate it. Basically i just cant sit there. I can only lean against the wall standing up, but if i am bleeding i feel too weak. I cant stay in bed, which i am so lucky is comfortable. I am thinking of getting a meditation like cushion set up. I dont have a couch, but am exploring that possibility. I think thats whats helpful about the bed, it has springs that give back. Anything flat and hard just feels sort of torturus, like everything is made of sharp glass finding its way into my body in strange vibrations...how to explain. I think you all may unfortunately understand. Lately i have been more accepting of my pain killers because...i have no choice...? ...and at the same time its scary knowing i need them . I want to be able to rely on somewhere to relax that works. Anybody have any experience with this? I hope my post makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Hello here we are,

Do your symptoms have something to do with infertility or is just back pain unrelated to fertility?

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hi pokeyac, the pain is related to endometriosis. Its not offical because i have not had surgery to confirm that, but thats what the drs say, its their best guess. But now the pain is happening at other times in my cycle, or just with digestion , along with wacky cycles &pcos symptoms (which i dont know if that contributes to the pain). There it is. Its so strange writing this out, but i am glad to find support and trying to fit in here. The drs arent exactly clear with me & i dont feel comfortable there so iam not really clear on whats happening to me. It also seems that some of these conditions have no solutions or at least not that i am interested in. It feels like they want me to decide to keep trying to conceive or not and that involves going on birth control to start. They seem to think i need to go on the birth control even though i still want the possibility to conceive because they think maybe i am getting worse with the nerve roots. Or try clomid, which i am unsure about. Didnt i see you in the clomid thread? Thats my long answer,nothing is making sense to me so its hard to explain.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Ok.  Sorry I missed the endometriosis the first time I read that.  There are certainly women on here going through that who could put in their 2 cents.  You probably did see me in a Clomid thread.  I took it for 3 cycles.  I don't know how it works along with endo.  I'm sorry you are in so much pain.  Perhaps acupuncture could help.  It does a lot for fertility and can also work on pain.  I hope you find some answers soon.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks pokeyac. I wanted to add that polyester doesnt work for me. I just did a separate post about it in the allergies forum. Its so confusing when everything is in a different place. Polyester has always made me feel stuffy and hot , like its cutting off my skins ability to breathe. Just the thought of combing that with the heat issues i get when feeling sick is unbearable. Someone must know what i mean. I avoid it completely. Which makes finding seating harder and more expensive. I like natural latex. I.need to find a used couch and maybe get new cushions? I found little dog bed cushions which for some reason are so much cheaper than regular latex replacement cushions. See now it seems i am getting into frugality but how can i not? Infertility and pain issues are too expensive. I just get so overwhelmed with looking for a used couch frame, not knowing whats quality , what will hold up and i am so paranoid about smells. I saw some cheap leather ones, but i worry i will feel the synthetic stuff under the leather barrier. I wish i could find someone who feels the same as me who already figured this out. Its so overwhelming. I try to remain grateful that i have my bed i love and think of poor women without that and without pain meds, its so wrong. This pain is so bad. I need to find the comfortable solution.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Bumping. Hoping to find someone to share ideas with over this stressful situation. I just tell myself, it will pass. Pain surely does something to the mind.

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List