New Clomid Ladies Thread? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-17-2012, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just joined the site and read all 18 pages of the "Clomid Ladies" thread. I must say that as I start my first medicated cycle, I really wish there was a current thread like that!

So that said, would anyone like to join me here? I posted in the Oct thread, so I don't want to drone on about myself quite yet, just wanted to see if I could get a party started for those of us on clomid/femara! I'm only on my third day (2 pills down, I take them at night b/c of the countless threads I've seen that say to take it at bedtime). So far, so good! 

#2 of 10 Old 10-17-2012, 02:08 PM

Hi Tammy,

I am new to Clomid, I just finished my first round and am gearing up to O sometime this weekend. I didn't have any side effects from it, feeling just fine and curious to see how it pans out.

I think I saw you mentioned 50mg for your dose. Are you taking one pill or two? The reason I ask is because my doctor prescribed 100mg and I could've sworn the nurse told me to take 50mg pills at 12hr intervals. Has anyone else ever heard these instructions?

I have not read the Clomid Ladies thread. Was there any particular format to it or just a place to share experiences?

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#3 of 10 Old 10-17-2012, 04:11 PM

oooh ooh oooooh (I`m a MONKEY!!)

Can I join? I`m to start clomid next cycle, and I'm nervous about the side effects (particularly the moodiness).

So, any ladies here with experience and stories would greatly appreciate!

Me (33), DH (35) and DD1 (3) conceived naturally after 6 months. After TTC#2 for 15 months, finally got a pos.gif on my second cycle of Clomid, DD2 born Sept, 2013. Can I convince my DH it's a great idea to have another one?
#4 of 10 Old 10-17-2012, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies!

My doctor specifically said 50mg per day and I only got 5 tablets. I've never heard about splitting up the dose, but I also ovulate on my own based on OPK & temps but it's a "weak" ovulation based on my spotting and my borderline low prog. She always starts her patients out on the lowest dose (50mg).

Devilish, hello! I just started mine and so far so good! It's nice to have a place to check in and keep each other company!

#5 of 10 Old 10-22-2012, 02:41 PM

I'm starting my first round next month too. I'm scheduled for an HSG on Halloween, but so far everything has turned up normal (we also have a 3 year old that was conceived easily). It looks like we're going to have unexplained IF, so we're planning on doing clomid/iui. I see you are in the Bay Area, me too! I'm using the RSC in Orinda and really like it so far. Good luck!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#6 of 10 Old 12-29-2012, 01:05 PM

I'm starting my first clomid round on the 31st.
Kind of nervous
#7 of 10 Old 12-29-2012, 06:37 PM

I'm now in my second round. Last month I took 25 mg and had 4 mature follicles. This month we did 12.5mg (1/4 of a pill) and had 3 mature follicles, and one smaller one (12mm). I did my first IUI yesterday, hoping it works! Good luck lilag! Are you getting monitored? 

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#8 of 10 Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 AM

No just the blood lvls
#9 of 10 Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 AM

Hi guys. I am 24 married (21 months ago). My DH (30) is very understanding and supportive.
I have 2 angle babies but no live births. Last one I miscarried 4-5 months ago. My AF didn't return for 2 months got medications for AF. But didnt conceive after that so my ob/gyn gave me metformin 1000 mg, folicacid5 mg and clomid 50 mg (twice daily for 5 daysfrom cd3-cd7).
I did ovulate that cycle my follicle was 22 mm size at 12 day but didnot conceive that cycle becoz of DHs varicocelectomy surgery. I got my period on meds.
I am on second cycle of clomid 50 mg twice a day and metf, folic acid. I had a scan at cd12 I had two follies this time 14mm and 15mm. My doc asked me to come after three days for further scan and also said I wont ovulate until then.she is going to give hcg trigger shot for ovulation this time.
I dont know how differently my follies have reacted in two cycles. I am afraid that I might loose this cycle and this cycle is my last hope becoz after this I cant stay with DH for a about 6-8 months ( job issues). Any hopes out there
What were ur follies size with cds and did they grow further and when did u O
PLZ HEELP ME OUT OF THIS STRESS BY UR STORIES
#10 of 10 Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 AM

And one more thing I used to have a normal thyroid but was suddenly detected last month with hyperthyroid my T3 levels are higher and T4 is about to touch high end. I am also going through antithyroid medications. Is there any link between clomid,thyroid and my follies reacting differently. Plz share ur experiences and any suggestions in a positive way r welcome.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page