Mothering Forum banner

November Infertility "ONE" Thread

4K views 81 replies 20 participants last post by  shesaidboom 
#1 ·
A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Please let me know if there are any changes/updates to make.

Trying to Conceive #1

Fierrbugg (35), DH (37) - ttc#1 since 02/2001, 3 miscarriages (2000, 2004 & 2007), misdiagnosed as PCOS in 2002 and 2 failed Femara cycles at that time + lots of other misdiagnoses. Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency (2009). Hypothyroid/Thyroidectomy (2012). TTC through charting for now, but looking toward aggressive medical intervention in 2013.

Haurelia (35) TTC #2 since July 2011 with newly diagnosed "borderline" PCOS. DH (34) with 3% morph and awesome counts/motility, repeating SA this month. Taking the "natural" route at this point with charting, weight loss, supplements, Preseed and lots of BD. Fingers crossed for a 2013 baby!

TickleToes (36) DH (46) TTC #1 since 8/10. Three early miscarriages (no known causes), recovering from PPD & anxiety after the third loss. Started clomid and IUI 9/12, doing acupuncture since 4/12.

BFPChart2.gif
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

Stevi (43) TTC#1 since December 2005 with NI donors. Two miscarriages in 2008. Hysterosalpingogram confirms clear tubes September 2012

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b4e62

Lilacvioletiris (36, DX hypothyroid 10/11) and DH (40), (zero sperm on 3/23/12, 25 sperm on 5/18/12, 5 motile sperm and 3 non-motile sperm for cryopreservation on 6/29/12 & 8/3/12, 3 motile, 2 shaking, and 3 non-motile sperm on 8/17/12) TTC #1 since April 2011. Got confirmation from fertility Dr. that we have enough sperm frozen for IVF cycle. Currently saving money for IVF.

krunchyk Me (32), DH (34), ttc #1 1/11. Diagnosed with PCOS at 19. Currently taking 1500 mg of Metformin daily along with supplements and acupuncture. Wading into the world of medicated cycles. One missed miscarriage at 8w6d in March. One early miscarriage at 5w4d in May.

Teresaresa (32), DH (46) TTC #1 since 4/09. Tried holistically for 2.5 years. 1 failed Clomid IUI and 4 failed Femara IUIs. Now a regular poster on the Summer IVF thread - hoping science can help us make a baby!

Shesaidboom (28) TTC #1 since early 2007. Four early miscarriages and one second trimester loss. Struggling with PCOS and very low AMH. Five failed IUIs - three on Femara, one on Puregon, and one on Gonal F. Currently doing our first (and hopefully only) IVF/ICSI cycle. Tentative retrieval date: Nov. 17th.

toothfairy2be (27) TTC#1 since 8/10, First RE- Failed 3 Clomid, 2 Femara, 1 Gonal F, 4 IUI. LAP 3/12 confirms Endometriosis. NaPro -6 unmonitored Femara cycles. New RE- diagnosed with anti-thyroid antibodies and DH MFI- morphology, IVF cancelled 11/12 due to cysts, hoping to start IVF with ICSI, 12/12.

Sourire (30) DH (34) - TTC # 1 since August 2010 with endometriosis. After 5 failed IUIs in 2012 (3 with Femara, 2 with Femara + injectables) and a laparoscopy in April 2012, I am moving on to IVF in November 2012.

BFPChart2.gif
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2d1bce

Milk8shake (28) & DP (29) TTC #1 since 04/09. Battling endometriosis, a unicornuate uterus and unexplained RPL. Five little ones, gone but not forgotten. Hoping for a lucky 2013 baby, with the help of some serious medical intervention.

deborahbgkelly (30); DH (30) Began TTC 2/2011; BFP after IVF in 11/2011. Late second trimester pregnancy loss of identical twin boys in 3/2012. Fertility challenges: Endometriosis, Diminished Ovarian Reserves (likely due to Endo) and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (anti-thyroid antibodies).Tested homozygous positive for MTHFR mutation. good news on egg quality, minor male factor infertility (low morphology). Started IVF stimulation 11/26 Retrieval currently estimated for December 9 with transfer estimated for the 14th
BFPChart2.gif
www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34bee9

Polyhymnia (29 - 30 next month), DH (30). IUD removed 6/2011, no luck since then despite regular cycles. Just scheduled one-year-of-trying appt with an OB/GYN next month.

BFPChart2.gif
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3606ed/

SimplyRochelle 24, Matt, 26. Married in May 2007 and ttc most of that time. Conceived in June 2008, miscarried at 12 weeks. Lap in April 2012 found stage 2 endo. Lots of failed Clomid cycles from 50mg-150mg. Finally seeing an RE in July 2012.

NievesStevens 40, diagnosed with Grave's Disease in 3/10, married my awesome DH and partner in '09. TTC since 2010, lost a pregnancy on 5/12/12 at 5-6 weeks and now working with RE, fall into the unexplained category. Had 3rd IUI w/Clomid 6/10/12. We moved to CT (Hartford Area) in September where we live with our two dogs.

LuluRoo M (30) married to my E (36). TTC #1 starting 12/12 after taking a year off.

Trying To Conceive #2

darlawoods (28), DH (28) ttc#2 since 11/2010. MC March 2012. Clomid Cycle #2 starts Nov 2012. DH SA is above normal

devilish Me (32) and DH (34) TTC #2 since Oct 2011. Next cycle first one with Clomid.

SilaMarila (26) DH (29) TTC#2 since 2010. PCO/lack of ovulation and past motility/morphology issues. 4 failed Clomid (3 IUI) cycles. Calling it quits with the RE. Saving $ to begin our embryo adoption journey! Hoping to start the process Feb/March 2013. Continuing acupuncture and hoping for a miracle in the meantime.

BFPChart2.gif
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/SilaMarila

rcr(38) TTC #2 since December 2007. Three failed IVFs, four canceled IVFs, five failed medicated IUI cycles. Waiting for another IVF cycle in December, and trying to keep hope alive.

BucketofRain (32) dh (33) ttc #2 for 18 months. Unexplained infertility...all tests have been good, with regular cycles. 1st cycle of 50mg clomid plus iui...

SKJ2011 (34) DOR, DH (35) perfect. TTC #2 since Spring 2011. Missed m/c and D&C in March 2012. 3 failed clomid/trigger/IUI cycles starting July 2012. BFP on our month "off" ended in m/c at 5.5 weeks in October 2012. Figuring out what comes next.

TinyMama TTC #2 (DD is 5), with severe MF.

Trying to Conceive #3

planegreen (29) DH (33) DD#1 (9) DD#2 (3) - TTC since September 2010, missed miscarriage in Feb. 2011 at 9 wks, Failed 3 cycles of Clomid 50mg, 2 cycles of Clomid with IUI, one cycle of Clomid 100mg, 2 Femara/HCG/IUI. Looking to do an injectable cycle soon.

brichole1214 Brandy (28) TTC#3 since April 2011. Go for 1st consult with RE on October 2nd, 2012...praying for another miracle!

Tammy (35) Mild endo, left tube atrophy; DH (32) perfect SA. We're TTC#3 but our 1st together since Oct 2011. Lap/Hysterscopy/D&C/tube check 9/14/12, found left tube useless and mild endo. Started 1st round of 50mg clomid CD 3-7 mid October 2012, praying this does the trick!

Graduates

(May everyone who passes through this thread find her way to this section!)

Blueyezz4, Hope4light, Mexilady, Chicajones, kparker, gemmine, gozal, wissa19, Monkeyscience, Mammabird, Tenzinsmama, Renavoo, Tantylynn, Kaydove, Brichole1214, Sweet.Bee, Lega,NishaG, Kewpie80, Tear78, ValH, Lesliesara63, no5no5, Minkajane, EastbayK, Grapesbunch, thtr4me, alexaskj, trumpcard, poetgirl, ann_of_loxley, livelovelaugh

Join our graduates on the Graduates thread for

Summer 2012

Missing In Action...but we're still thinking of you

(please let us know if you'd like to jump back in)

babymc, yoyonana, Silverbird, fierrbug, rhiandmoi, jenger, tryingfortow, wallabi, cassnbeth, mindfulmomma, emski4379, kyliel, moonfireglow, Milletpuff, First Short Photo,InGodsHands, Simplymere, Indianagrl, Victorian Patch, lovebug, catheleni, zanelee, JodiAriel, Skeemama, CharleyInVT

PLEASE let the thread keeper know if there is anything you would like to add/delete/change in your synopsis above. Bolding requests is appreciated!
love.gif

See less See more
#27 ·
Deborah - yay!!!! Good luck to you!

Toothfairy - No, I am not. DH went hunting during the best week of the month so we had to take this one off.

#28 ·
Thanks everyone!

#29 ·
I am so excited - half way to our funding goal for IVF procedure. There is hope at the end of the tunnel.

#30 ·
lilac - That is fantastic! I wish you speed in getting the rest of the way!

AFM - Last night I was craving brownies so I would say no free baby this month. Brownies usually equals period coming the following week... Anyone else have crazy things like that?

#31 ·
planegreen- I tend to just crave sugar in general. Lately it has been Oreos. In the last month I think we have eaten at least a package a week, sometimes two (and by me I mean I eat a package and a half and hubby eats a few...). It has always meant no free baby for me too... curious to see when baby does stick if I feel different or if the cravings are just weird always! Enjoy your brownies!

lilac- wonderful news! Stinks that it wasnt as much as you were thinking but money is money. DH is still taking the fertilaid right? It could still happen and then think of all the money you will have saved up!

#33 ·
So, could my blurb please be updated: Retrieval estimated for 12/9 with transfer estimated for 12/14. Starting injections for suppression this coming Thursday and stims the following Tuesday :).

#34 ·
skeemama- TTC # 2 or 3? Welcome back!

#35 ·
I know I disappeared this whole month, but my lap is tomorrow so keep me in your thoughts and I'll try to update while I'm "resting" after the procedure :)

#37 ·
Hi ladies, wondering if I can join you all. We've been NTNP with some bouts of trying for almost 3 years now. One loss in July of this year. We're going to be working towards starting testing so we can figure out why we can't get/stay pregnant, but we don't have insurance so it's going to be little by little. Basically, TTC #1 since 2010. One loss, July 2012. Hoping for a 2013 Rainbow.

I'm on CD32 right now, trying to figure out my body's pattern/lack thereof since our loss so I can get back into charting.

Sila, I remember you from back when we were first deciding on when to start TTC! Unfortunate that we're still in the same boats. Good luck with your lap.

#39 ·
WildDoula - I remember you too. Bummer we are still here. Big hugs to you. It really really sucks to be dealing with not only taking forever to get pregnant, but when you finally do it ends way too early. So sorry for your loss.

#40 ·
Hi all,

This is copy/paste from the IVF thread.

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days. I also apologize for the AAM post. The BC pills caused an endo flare up (which is not promising for injections, though I'll have Letrozole to counteract the estrogen levels) and I had a horrible allergic reaction at work yesterday. I'm not sure if it was from the red coating on the tylenol or the fact that I discovered the notebook I had been using had soy-based ink in it (I'm super allergic to soy). I suspect it was a combination. We have our IVF consults on Monday and I'll have my Doppler while I'm there. I start injections on Tuesday. On another note, I might have gotten a pretty big position on one of the sites where I write. They are asking me to be a quality control assistant for Spanish language content. I didn't see it until this morning, so hopefully it's not too late. I'm really excited at the prospect.

#41 ·
It looks like I'm too late for the editor position, but the timing wasn't great anyway. Hopefully something else will come up later this year.

#42 ·
Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA over the past month. I tend to have trouble keeping up with more than one thread and I've been over on the IVF one. How are everyone's cycles going? It seems super quiet over here. I'm wishing lots of baby dust for all of you!

AFM, had my retrieval yesterday. We got 18 eggs, 16 of which were mature, and 11 of which fertilized (we did ICSI). I start Endometrin tomorrow and go back on Sunday for transfer! We're still not sure about transfering one or two. Probably just one.

#44 ·
Nothing. He found absolutely nothing wrong with me. Completely healthy reproductive organs. No endo. Dye through my tubes - all clear. He thinks all of the pain I have been having may be intestinal (have a history of digestive problems) so I'll be talking to me Gastroenterologist about that.

I'm so upset, frustrated, and sad. This was my one fear and it came true. I guess I should feel glad nothing is wrong with me. But then, what the fuck? Why doesn't my body work?

Recovery has been fine so far and should be quick since he didn't have to do anything. My RE told DH he has plan for us - which I'm assuming is injectables like we discussed. We see him next week.

I might be disappearing from this thread again. I just haven't been in a good place. Have a Happy Thanksgiving for my American friends.

#45 ·
Sila: that totally sucks:( how freaking frustrating. I'm sorry you are not feeling in a good space right now. A few months ago I was feeling totally depressed about my situation. I did a yoga challenge which meant doing a bit of yoga every day for 21 days. Doing just that little bit each day, taking that time to focus on myself, my body, my breath was enough to kick start me climbing out of a dark hole. I then started going back to some classes etc. which were immensely helpful to my sanity. This may be totally not your thing, or you may already take this time for yourself but I just thought I would mention what helped me. I will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts...

Hi to everyone else! I'm in the midst of the longest 2ww ever. 6 days past a day 5 transfer, In my first ivf cycle!

#46 ·
Sila, so sorry about the news from your lap. I know what it is like to want to find a problem, because with problems come solutions. It's so hard not to have a reason.

Hi to the familiar faces - it seems so quiet around here. I hope that you are all doing as well as you can be.
blowkiss.gif

#48 ·
skeemama - thank you!

sila - I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Of course you don't want anything to be wrong, but it is easier when you have an answer. It's totally understandable that you need a break. Please take care of yourself. I'm thinking of you, and we are always here when you need it.

Bucketofrain - Ugh to the 2ww! When are you testing?

milk8shake - Hi! I hope you are doing well.

#50 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeemama View Post

Hey ladies who knows what about anti mullarian test???
AMH testing is the new go to standard for testing ovarian reserve as far as I know. Many RE's are testing it vs. FSH or in addition to FSH because FSH can fluctuate whereas AMH does not. It's supposed to be more accurate.

#51 ·
shesaidboom, good luck with your transfer!

Sila, how frustrating! So sorry, I hope you find some answers soon. Thinking of you.

AF is here as of yesterday. Hopefully I can get charting again consistently this cycle, I have a feeling I'm not Oing regularly. Ordered some fertility tea, we'll see if that helps anything. At the very least, it's yummy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.