Winter IVF Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks all! Cautiously optimistic and wildly nauseous at times.

Toothfairy-- yes i thought the same. I did have more than one go back (two were 7&8 cell grade 1/HIPs). I'm holding my (proverbial) breath that it's a single or twins (and not more). Breathing... smile.gif

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

IVF#2: BFP 2/11/13 This one really stuck. 

Mom to H, L, & G, triplets born 35+1 and growing like weeds! joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Suzie- That was my first noticeable symptom with my boys.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 02-12-2013, 12:21 PM

Thank you Deborah :)  It feels awful, but if that's what it's from I welcome it!  I test in 2 and a bit days so... fingers crossed!

I'm 39 and I have a lovely husband who is substantially younger, a unique 14 year old son from my first attempt at marriage.  I am a music snob and i have no fashion sense at all.  IVF Jan 2013 BFP joy.gif

11 Oct 2013 welcomed baby Beth energy.gif (the wonder baby)

Old 02-12-2013, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

guppy - Congratulations! I love BFPs on here, it gives me some hope. love.gif

Suzie - Welcome, you seem really funny! ...and I'm sorry your nurse is such a UA violation. I would write a complaint about her, those are horrible things to say! Really cruel and nasty. The nurses at my clinic are always very positive and sympathetic. I can't imagine being told it might take 6 cycles and not to get my hopes up! Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a BFP for you! I think nipple pain sounds promising. And I hope hunger for food at mealtimes is a good thing, I have that too winky.gif. Are you sure you don't need the progesterone, I've never heard of stopping it so early.

AFM - I have received a very kind offer of some leftover meds from one of the ladies here. It's so generous, and such a relief to take a bit of the strain out of the budget. I was considering ordering meds from overseas to save some money, but I was really nervous about the quality. This way we can save about the same amount but not have to worry that we're getting fake drugs.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 02-12-2013, 03:24 PM

Just quietly lurking here and cheering you all on!!!!

Laggie - good to see your name again, even though I wish you were here telling us you were already preg, but we all know life isn't fair!!!!  Fingers crossed so hard for you w/ this next cycle my friend!!!! hug.gif

Guppy - Congrats!!!!!!  joy.gif

Suzie - Welcome!!!  Wow, that nurse sucks!!!  I think your symptoms sound good.  Fingers crossed for you!!!

Sending lots of baby dust to everyone!!!  goodvibes.gifBack to lurking!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 PM

Suzie- my first pregg in the fall my BBs were sooooo sore and pretty much excessively perky (in a really uncomfortable way) ALL the time. This time they seem better but they had just barely gone down again almost to my previous size when I started IVF round 2...

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

Old 02-13-2013, 03:19 PM

Hi all :) Thanks for all the messages of support!!  So appreciated!

Well... It's valentines day and i do my beta tomorrow, so i thought i would do a test (actually, I'm so impressed i waited this long) and it was a faint positive.. not very faint, but a pretty good looking faint actually!!  Still not getting my hopes until the blood test tomorrow (actually, yes I am), but what a great valentines day gift - and it was free! haha  (unless you count how much IVF costs)

I am feeling calmly excited (actually, crapping my pants in anxiety) LOL - Damn these truth brackets!

Laggie: I have left a message for a nurse (I asked for a nice one this time) to call me back - I am going to address the progesterone thing.  I officially ran out last night, and now I have a reason to push for a better reason than they gave me last week for stopping early.  It doesn't make sense to me either - why take the risk? 

Guppyluv: You made me laugh so much with your excessively perky boobs!!  I think given the hugeness that mine have reached, the gravitational pull is working against me in the perky stakes LOL 

I'm 39 and I have a lovely husband who is substantially younger, a unique 14 year old son from my first attempt at marriage.  I am a music snob and i have no fashion sense at all.  IVF Jan 2013 BFP joy.gif

Old 02-14-2013, 05:59 AM

Yay Guppy!!! so exciting!
And Suzie: Fingers crossed for the beta! The HPT sounds promising!!
AFM: question for those of you who made to retrieval but didn't have fertilization: did you find that the cycle after was completely miserable? I have been experiencing some the *worst* PMS ever. I am super bloated (like actual weight gain) and anything above a wedding style march makes by boobs hurt so bad. And cramping! I never cramp. And Monday I actually found myself chain eating, last bite in one hand while reaching for the next bite with the other. It was insane! Thank God it was just the one day...
Old 02-14-2013, 02:34 PM

Hi Nives. Sorry about all the symptoms. My usual PMS includes one day of "eat the kitchen sink" syndrome every month. It's not so fun (afterwards...). The bloating doesn't sound so good. Have you talked to your Dr? I hope things mellow out soon.

Suzie - good luck tomorrow!!! Love the not so faint line. I went digital all the way. Yes pricey, but I hated second guessing lines on OP test strips... smile.gif and re BBs.... Gravity is a bitch. My once upon a time baby B's are now champion C's... I'm sure gravity will kick in soon enough! Lol.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:54 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Suzie, I hope your beta confirms your HPT!

I talked with my ART nurse yesterday So far the blood tests have come back with good news except that my vitamin D3 was low (12.8) so I am supposed to take 2000 IU of that with breakfast and dinner.  My TSH was up to 1.78 from 1.57, my free T4 was up to 1.19 from 0.99, my FSH was 4.7, and my prolactin was 8.6 and this was all for Day 2 testing.  Being hypothyroid was I was concerned about my TSH and free T4 but I think I am now in the range where it is good. I also don't have hepatitis so that is a good thing, but I didn't think I did have hepatitis anyway. The nine vials of blood are working their way through the lab. I guess some of the tests take longer than others.  Hopefully all this work will get me a baby or two!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:47 AM

Hey all

My blood test came back positive with a HCG of 220!!  My progesterone level is over 190 (they an only read up to that) so apparently there's no need for me to continue the suppositories :) hooray!!

So unbelievably surprised that it worked - despite the misgivings by a couple of witches (nurses) that my age and weight would hamper my chances.

Now I just have to wait for the scan in 3 weeks.... :)  No symptoms to speak of except for bursting into tears when they called and being ludicrously optimistic x

Old 02-15-2013, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Yeah suzie!!!!! So excited for you!!! How many (equivalent) dpo are you again?

SO exciting!!!!!

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Old 02-15-2013, 12:08 PM

YAY Suzie!!! So glad! Great numbers. My u/s is March 8... so you're probably around then too! crazy waiting... I like ludicrously optimistic!!! joy.gif (Oh and I clearly found the bouncing emoticons... lol...  just can't get them on the iphone... )

Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 PM

Suzie- Yay! I knew you'd prove those idiots wrong. jumpers.gif

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 02-15-2013, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Suzie I am so glad that your HPT was verified and that those nurses were wrong!  Grow, Baby, Grow!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:26 PM

Thanks so much for all you messages guys!! It means a lot blowkiss.gif Especially when we aren't really telling too many people, until after the scan at least.  So nice to have it applauded!!

Xerxella: I was tested at 16dpo - they told me anything over 100 is good... please don't tell me otherwise hahaha  I looked it up on google and have decided to ignore the stats on the webpages and listen to my doctor - so far she has been pretty spot on.

Funnily, in Australia (or at least my clinic) they grade the eggs differently, so when they told me I had 2 grade 4 eggs and a grade 3 I was so upset.. until they told me that 4 was the best grade! LOL  It was only one of the 4's and the 3 that made it to 5 day blast so at least I have a little grade 3 waiting for me for another go in the future :)

I am still in a bit of a state of shock, and have no idea how to remain calm while I wait for the scan, BUT luckily I have a 25 pack of pregnancy test strips, so I'm going to test whenever I feel like it  to reassure myself that I'm still OK.  Today I did an ovulation test instead and that works too!  (I've got a hundred of those haha)  Got them really cheap on ebay last year, and they were WAY faster to show a clear positive than the expensive early tests I had! 

PS Guppyluv: i scan on March 12th so we are scan buddies yay!!  And nice emoticons, btw joy.gif

Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 AM

Suzie- My clinic tests at the same time, and said the same thing.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Suzie sounds great to me!!!! thumb.gif Keep us updated. I love stats.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Old 02-16-2013, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Suzie that is wonderful!! Congrats!! So you only put one back?

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
Old 02-16-2013, 02:57 PM

Toothfairy:  I was completely torn on just putting one back in - most people (especially people over 35) have had 2 or 3 put in at a time everywhere i looked on the net..... BUT, my doctor and embryologist were quite insistent that unless they were low grade eggs, they only would put one in. 

Apparently their studies show that the success rate is higher for single high grade 5 day blast transfers. 

I have put every faith in them, even though almost everything recommended was pretty much the opposite of what everyone else had.  Maybe it's because I'm in Australia? 

Old 02-16-2013, 04:59 PM

My clinic actually has the same philosophy. We put back one perfect five day blast and are at 8 1/2 weeks. My clinic is very geared toward keeping the highest singleton pregnancy rate. It works!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 PM

That's excellent !! Congratulations Toothfairy :)   

It was a bit scary seeing everyone else having at least 2 put in and trying to keep my faith in their advice!  We only have one blood test and have to wait for the scan now, so it's gonna be a long 3 weeks....

Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 AM

It's interesting how different clinics have such different protocols. My RE didn't feel that there was a benefit of waiting until they reached 5d blast but that there was a risk that good embies might not xfer back so he usually does d3 xfers. I asked b/c I'd geard of so many successful 5d blast xfers!! PhD or not I can't make heads or tails of the research. It still seems like such a crap shoot.

I'm a bit hormonal - emotions all over the place. Of course all my nausea and sore bbs have vanished - which is driving me nutty! Ugh... I liked the constant reminder that I was PG. Now the worry of another m/c keeps bubbling up! I know symptoms come and go but last time they just went at the time I lost the baby and I sort of knew. Trying to stay positive but mar 8 is sooo far away! I'll be 7w5d then. It seems too long to wait. (hate holidays when u just want to call the nurse and ask a question!!)

Old 02-18-2013, 02:43 PM

Guppyluv: I think it's harder after IVF in the first few weeks if u get a BFP than a non IVF positive... the side effects we have endured for the previous month are about a hundred times worse than actual pregnancy symptoms (NOT exaggerating!) so any real symptoms we may have now are almost nothing compared to what we had when we weren't pregnant!  Then we worry because we don't have sore enough boobs, aren't nauseous enough and really feel a million times better than last month!!  I am doing a test every other day to reassure myself (and to make sure the second line comes as dark as the last time) so I don't worry so much.  (I bought about 50HPTs and 100 Ovulation Tests on Ebay for $15 so I have plenty).  Highly recommend that - it makes up for feeling so healthy when u see the 2 lines repeatedly! lol

Please try not to worry -  Your numbers are awesome!  And when I was pregnant with my son I had virtually no symptoms at all except for the ridiculous food intake (I gained 30 kilos) and a positive test.  And I'm with you - March seems like a year away!!  blowkiss.gif

My fingers are crossed for everybody at every stage - the whole process is such a waiting game!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:35 PM

If figure I won't test with the pee stick since my HCG levels took almost 4 weeks to go to below 50 after the baby stopped growing Last time @5w3d. So HPTs still registered positive even after my d&c, which was crazy making for me! I just don't like the sudden disappearance of symptoms. Bah

Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM

It seems like sometimes it just comes down to the doctor not just the facility to decide when to put embryos back. I think with my RE his choice to do 5 day blasts were to keep the singleton rate low, at day 3 they will put back 2 whereas day 5 they only put back 1... lowers the twin rate. I would have loved 2 at a 3d transfer!

suzie & guppy- If  you haven't been over there already, there is an IVF grads thread on the 'I'm Pregnant' forum. 

Old 02-18-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm back. I had a wonderful vacation but when I got back I found out I'm a victim of identity theft so I've been spending all my time trying to close all the bank accounts and credit cards that this person has opened in my name over the last couple of weeks. It's definitely keeping me busy.

Congrats guppy and suzie on your BFPs.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 PM

Sourire - craziness! Hope you get things settled ASAP. Not a fun way to re-enter after vacation! best of luck.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppyluv View Post

If figure I won't test with the pee stick since my HCG levels took almost 4 weeks to go to below 50 after the baby stopped growing Last time @5w3d. So HPTs still registered positive even after my d&c, which was crazy making for me! I just don't like the sudden disappearance of symptoms. Bah

well, there goes that theory!  Fingers and all other things are crossed that you just cruise through the next couple of weeks til the scan and it's perfect!  Anytime you feel like venting, feel free to use me - this waiting and worrying is as hard to deal with! 

Old 02-19-2013, 04:46 AM

Blood test today at 8:00 a.m. I am so scared, but I still have hope. .

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List