Winter IVF Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2013, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Good luck toothfairy thats a great sign having such awsome embie quality :)

Good luck for your cycle Tracey.

And tanks every for wishing me well with my bf :)

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Toothfairy - wow it sounds like you couldn't have gotten a better quality blast than this one.

tracyamber - Welcome! I'm so glad you've joined us!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

TracyAmber- Thanks for asking. My morning (read all-day) sickness has been really bad this time and I'm continuing to have trouble with the PIO shots, but hoping things get a bit easier in the next couple weeks. My first ultrasound is Thursday.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 AM

Thinking of you, Cait!!

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Thank you!

Anyone around to describe what their 'cramping' felt like? I'm beginning to wonder if all I feel is my mind trying to make me feel something...

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:45 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Hope the feeling is a little one digging in. Since I haven't been pregnant yet, I am no help on "what" it feels like.  Just praying that it is a good thing!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Well I had my ultrasound this morning and everything looked great. My lining was at 12mm and there were no cysts on my ovaries. Therefore I will be starting progesterone on Thursday and my transfer will be 1 week from today on the 15th.

Does anyone have any tips for making the progesterone injections more bearable? I've never done projesterone injections before and I'm not looking forward to that part.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM

Souire: I would massage the injection site with some gauze right after the shot. Then I would swing my leg back and forth doing some leg lifts to the back to try and get the medicine to move into the muscle - then I would use a heating pad for a while. It still sucked though.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 AM

I was told the heating pad could actually make it worse, but a warm compress would be okay. I had major problems with the injections though and am switched to suppositories as of today. Toothfairy- For me, both times, the cramping felt like ovulation pain on steroids.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 01-08-2013, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I had a sharp intense cramp that woke me from sleep. it lasted for 20 minutes or so.

anyone else? bumping!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Sourire- That is great! Only one more week! I'm just on Crinone so no PIO advice here. I think if the vials are refrigerated it helps to let it come to room temperature so the oil thins out. I think thats the same idea as warming your
Injection site, to allow that thick oil to disperse. So I'd think anything other than a cold compress should help. Good Luck!

Turns out the cramps were just my holding pee too long. It went away soon after & was more just a tight full feeling. Ah well, better luck tomorrow. Anyone not have any cramping & still turn up pregnant??

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM

Just posting to wish you all luck and to start getting all of your updates, so I can stay in the loop and cheer you all on!!!  Come on BFP's!!!!!!  goodvibes.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 01-09-2013, 04:48 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

How are you feeling today toothfairy?

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 AM

Normal greensad.gif My nipples aren't even sore anymore from the trigger shot. I know that it takes a while for your body to build up to 10,000 even if my embryo is implanting but it is hard not to get discouraged. I'm still listening to my meditations once or twice a day & trying to be hopeful. Beta is in one week.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Toothfairy - well you are only at 8dpo right? It's a bit early for symptoms, implantation can happen up to 10 or 12 DPO I think! Are you planning to test at home before the beta?

Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 AM

I know in my head that it is still early, but how long can a 5 day blast hang around before implanting?? Don't they hatch around day 6... So what's going on in there? Of think the 12 dpo implanted are slower developing embryos. I just need to talk myself out of this & be more patient. I am, of course still hopeful that either it just hasn't happened yet or just that I don't have any cramps from it. Just after all this time it would be nice to have my body cooperate & show me that it is working, ya know? Thence brain jumps to, we'll maybe it isn't and it won't. Then I try to push out those negative thoughts and go back to the beginning. Endless loop. I think I'll test Sunday. 7 dp5dt

Old 01-09-2013, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Toothfairy - it sure is stressful eh? It's been ages since I had a proper 2ww where I actually had a chance of a BFP (not since last summer) so I had forgotten how stressful it was! I guess I'll remember how it feels next week!

In case it makes you feel a bit better, recently on another forum I go to there was a girl who started a post about how she was certain her IVF had failed because she didn't have a single symptom. A couple of days later she got a BFP!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 AM

It won't necessarily implant right away. My clinic has us on bedrest for 3 days because it could take that long for implantation. Also, not everyone feels implantation cramping. It doesn't mean you weren't successful.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:06 PM

Tooth fairy: it sounds like your transfer went great! I did no that've uterine cramping right after my transfer either. I had ovary cramping which was a result of left over cysts. They were really sharp, uncomfortable pains whenever I moved position, got up etc. My uterine cramping didn't start for a few weeks and hasn't let up since...right now i would say that it's too early to read anything into signs or lack there of. Good luck staying sane in the next few days!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:18 PM

Thank you Bucket! I needed to hear that! Hope your cramping comes my way so you can get some relief. Deborah- we don't have any bedrest, not that I could've taken any anyway! Sourire- stressful only when over thinking it. The meditating has helped immensely with keeping me calm! How do you like the FET meditations? I may need them someday!

Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Toothfairy - the FET meditations are great though you have to repeat the same one for 3-4 days and I tend to get tired of a meditation after doing it twice. I might supplement with ones from the IVF series during the 2ww since I never got to listen to those when I did my IVF cycle!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:07 PM

My clinic requires the bed rest. I had to have my dad come out to be with me and he got me sick. Luckily, neither baby nor I are any worse the wear for it. If you want my update PM me or check out the grads thread.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:28 PM

toothfairy~ i had no pregnancy symptoms till 5 weeks!!!!! none and i never got breast tenderness but major morning sickness kicked in about 8 weeks.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 PM

btw we did our first estradial shot in the buttocks..ouch.. i cried ..and progesterone shot start next week. it doesn't help the my husband feels dreadful about hurting me and is a bit timid about giving it a dagger motion.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Tracyamber - I feel your pain! I did my first progesterone shot in the butt last night! I did find that not seeing how big the needle is and how far it's going in makes it a bit less scary.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Luckily for me I don't have to do estrogen shots, I have the patches. I really love these patches, I have no side effects at all! For my IVF cycle I took estrogen pills, those made me feel crazy.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 AM

Toothfairy- I meant to mention that if you aren't at rest, you are less likely to feel what;s going on in there.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 PM

Ouch ouch ouch to you all with your bum shots! So intimidating!
Sourire- do you have to do the PIO the whole time? Even 2ww? Who is doing the shots for you?
Tracy- thanks for the symptom experience, I just need patience is all...
Deborah- it is usually when I'm 'resting' or at least not actively moving that I feel anything.

AFM- Still just waiting. Starting to feel twinges & cramping & some shooting pains but they are so brief & sporadic it is hard to know if there's something there. Date night tonight, testing Sunday. It will be 14 days post trigger & 7 dp5dt.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:14 PM

Hello again, just got to a point where I feel like I have something to post on myself, even if I have been lurking and keeping track of everyone in the Fall thread. I had my smiley face yesterday so in seven days I start the Vivelle patches until my cycle starts and we can do bloodwork and start stims again. Unfortunately, the changes in my meds from my poor response cycle ate up a huge chunk of our prescription cap and re-ordering for this cycle used up the rest and while we do have medical insurance left, we just can't afford the meds out of pocket so we are really hoping this one is THE cycle that works. fingers and toes crossed for everyone as it seems many have or are moving forward!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Toothfairy - the PIO is from my fake "O" date (I say fake because I won't actually O this cycle) until pregnancy test so for a total of 2 weeks. If I get a BFP I am allowed to switch to Endometrin if I want. DH is doing the shots for me. As a pharmacist they don't phase him at all. He likes to joke that one day he'd like to give me an intra-ocular injection because it sounds so crazy (that actually exists but thankfully not for fertility medication).

Nieves - how exciting that things are about to get started for you. I really hope it works out so you don't have to worry about money. Would you like me to add a blurb about you in the first post?

Tracyamber - I can add a blurb about you too in the first post, just let me know what you want it to say!

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List