Winter IVF Thread - Page 21 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#601 of 631 Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

sourire

i had my first hot flash two nights ago...i am not excited about being on lupron!

laggie

congrats again on your bfp!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilacvioletiris

good luck on your retrieval tomorrow!!!!

#602 of 631 Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 PM

Winter IVF Members* dust.gif

Kewpie80 Me:PCOS Him:Vericocele, low motility, low morphology.  Currently gathering information and funds for next fresh cycle. 2 Embies currently on ice.

Sourire (30) TTC #1 since August 2010, diagnosed with stage III endometriosis, 5 failed IUIs. First IVF in November 2012 cancelled due to OHSS. 8 frozen embryos. First FET in January 2013 negative. 2nd FET in April 2013.

Lilacvioletiris (36, DX hypothyroid 10/11) and DH (41), (zero sperm on 3/23/12, 25 sperm on 5/18/12, 5 motile sperm and 3 non-motile sperm for cryopreservation on 6/29/12 & 8/3/12, 3 motile, 2 shaking, and 3 non-motile sperm for cryopreservation on 8/17/12) TTC #1 since April 2011. Have IVF coordinator meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013. Will determine if we will try an IVF cycle in March or June. Almost have all the money to cover the IVF cycle.

Silverbird Two failed IVF and now waiting to see what life holds for me.

Guppyluv TTC 1.5yr. 6 failed home insem w/live donor swimmers. 1 iui with frozen failed. IVF #1: (9 eggs, 8 fert, two left at xfer, none to freeze); BFP; m/c @10wk; trisomy 16. BFP in February 2013!

toothfairy2be

tracyamber  Failed FET February 2013 second FET April 22,2013 

nievestevens

rcr 

Laggie (38), MFI. TTC #1 since Sept 2009. IVF #2 March 2013.

Xerxella After many losses we're trying IVF with PGS to find out if there are any good eggs left.

wannabemomi

Currently doing IVF/FET:

Lilacvioletiris

Sourire

Tracyamber

Beta Dates:

Winter BFPs:pos.gif

Suzie McCool

RCR!!!!!

Laggie

#603 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lilac - I'm thinking of you this morning. I hope everything goes great!

Tracy - how long are you on Lupron for?

AFM - hot flashes are still going strong. In fact I got woken up by them 4-5 times last night, which doesn't usually happen.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#604 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

lilac - wishing you well today! i know carrying around all those eggs can't be easy! (though i am TOTALLY jealous of your prolific ovaries ;-)

tracyamber - i'm also curious how long you will be on lupron...

sourie - your lupron experiences are scaring the crap out of me :) (more in afm) - i am very optimistic for you this cycle... it seems like a lot of endo ladies get their embies to stick after a course of lupron...

laggie and rcr - still beaming for you both!

afm - i introduced myself back in the fall (i think) but then IVF got pushed out several months and I lost my enthusiasm guilty.gif but now i am about to start my pre-cycle protocol and so it's about to get real (though i can't say that i'm any more enthusiastic!). i just turned 37 this week, had stage II endo removed last year via lap (pretty confident that it is back), and as a result have diminished ovarian reserve. i'm not looking forward to going through the constant monitoring and stress of wondering if i am going to respond to meds and how many (if any) embryos i will end up with... ugh. my AFC is around 8 so i already know i need to be happy with whatever i get! my "plan" (as if you can really plan these things?) is to freeze and do two months of lupron prior to FET. i've pretty much designed my own protocol by researching what has worked for other woman with similar age/stats/situations who are going to the best of the best (like CCRM in colorado) and am thankful that my RE is willing to humor me. she tells me she wouldn't usually do so many things prophylactically (like the two months of lupron, and my specific protocol) without having first had a failed IVF but since what i'm asking for is reasonable and not dangerous, she's willing to go along with me. i just know that at my age and in my situation, i'd rather be safe than sorry, you know? 

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#605 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
lilac - Good luck today!!!!!!

laggie - That's a greta doubling time!!!! So excited for you!!!! I can't wait until the first u/s.

rcr - When's your first u/s? I'm sorry if you already mentioned it....

AFM - I feel better after my appointment with the doc on Tuesday. Things look good to do a natural start whenever I get my period. DH and I haven't been abstaining and I think I just recently ovulated, so I'm technically still in the running, but not holding out any hope for a sticky one. So, I'll start IVF #1.2 in 2 weeks.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#606 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 09:28 AM

lilac...good luck today!!!

sourire...on lupron for 21 days i think. i have been doing it for a week already. i always get hot flashes from it within 2 days of taking it. and i do not look forward to progesterone shots. i feel like a bummer this cycle. i just want to get pregnant you know?

indie1976...exciting and overwhelming starting your protocol huh? good luck and i have lots of advicesmile.gif

xerxella...2 weeks..wow. hope you get a sticky one

afm ..hope you are are doing well!

#607 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Egg retrieval went well. Collected 18 eggs. DH had no sperm in fresh sample so I am thankful we had frozen sperm already. Tomorrow we find out fertilization report. Tummy is tender. Chilling in bed and trying not to cough because coughing makes my tummy hurt.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#608 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM

18 egg?????? awesome!

#609 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM

Yep, male factor infertility was our issue and even today DH had no sperm in his sample. HE stopped taking the fertilaid vitamins after we had enough sperm frozen last summer.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#610 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Lilac - are they still planning to fertilize only 12 eggs or will they do them all?

Indie - welcome back! That sounds like an interesting plan - its pretty much what I've ended up doing even though it wasn't planned that way. When do you start stimulation?

Xerxella - did they say what they are planning to do differently this time?

Tracy - wow your hot flashes start pretty fast. I didn't start getting them until 10 days after my first shot, and they were pretty mild in the beginning. Good luck surviving the next 2 weeks. I don't envy your progesterone shots, I am soooooo glad I got switched to Crinone this cycle so my one and only injection for this FET cycle was my Lupron shot that I did last night. No more shots for me!!!!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#611 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Lilac - 18 eggs, that's impressive. Fertilaid didn't help DH in the slightest, he has severe male factor although not as bad, usually his samples have a few thousand motile sperm. Fingers crossed for a great fertilization report!

indie - That's amazing that you're doing so much research. I could never keep track of all the different protocols and reasons for them, it all makes my head spin. 

Blue - my ultrasound is April 18th. I won't be finding out the gender at 20 weeks though. I'm old fashioned and want it to be a surprise.

rcr - I feel fine so far, just a bit uncomfortable/bloated. Embarrassingly I already pulled out my maternity pants to wear to work, I am finding a belt is uncomfortable so that's my only option. I do have one pair of dress pants with the stretchy waist that I can still wear. I had awful morning sickness last time, so I'm trying to convince myself that it won't happen this time around. I think it's still too early for that though. There isn't even a due date club for December yet... hm, will you have a December due date? Mine is December 2nd and I think you're a couple days ahead of me? I was surprised that the nurse gave me a due date when she called with my beta.

Anyway. Nothing new to report. I'm useless at work though, IVF is all I've thought about for weeks. Last night I had to come down to the store at 4 am because somebody smashed a window and stole a coat. While we were boarding up the window a lady came walking up and actually had the audacity to tell me that she had the coat at her house and I could buy it back for $40. My work is on the edge of a pretty sketchy neighbourhood... this woman was wobbling all over the sidewalk talking to us. I wasn't about to follow a drug addict home (or pay for the coat, wtf?) I called the cops, but she took off. Good times.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#612 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM

lilac - 18 eggs! awesome! so glad you had frozen sperm samples... fingers crossed for you and your future embabies!

tracyamber - I totally get feeling like a bummer and just wanting to be pregnant already... even though i'm getting ready to pull out the big guns, It's still going to be several months before I actually get to be pregnant (and that's assuming everything will work as it should!)... I'm just really... tired.

xerxella - I think you are going to have such a fantastic cycle now that you are doing a natural start! You have a pretty great AFC, right? 

sourie - I will start AF in the next few days and then dh and I start antibiotics and I will do EPP and ganirelix 10 days after my next lh surge. Then the following cycle I will start stims and do ER. If (God willing) I have a decent number of healthy embryos, I know I will be tempted to go ahead and do ET that cycle to see if it works... but I just have a strong feeling that I have implantation issues due to endo and I'm afraid of wasting embryos at my age (I'll never be any younger than i will be at ER!). My only concern with doing lupron (other than the horrible menopause symptoms!) is that it will take a while for my lining to build back up. I've never had great lining on any of my medicated IUI cycles so I'm afraid that's going to be an issue for me...

afm - forgot to mention that i had a hysteroscopy at the start of this current cycle and I have endometritis...on 10 days azithromycin to clear that up... I'm wondering if that could have had any impact on previous lining issues? Anyone have endometritis and noticed a difference in lining thickness after it was cleared up?

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#613 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 11:11 AM

laggie- we cross posted - holy cow! what a story! unbelievable. 

#614 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 12:12 PM
rcr

Indie - welcome back. I used to stalk a donor egg/embryo forum, and CCRM is very popular with them. they always use the best, since they are paying even more money for donor eggs, so I bet you can't go wrong with using their protocol. Good for you for finding an RE who listens to you.

X - I am not sure what happens next. My next beta is on Monday, and I guess they will tell me then when my u/s is.

Lilac - that is great - 18 eggs. Sorry about the sperm. It was great that you had some frozen though.

Laggie - that story is unbelievable! I am not feeling anything. No bloating or morning sickness. I am trying to not worry much about it, but I can't help but worry. Monday (my next beta) can't come soon enough. I don't know my due date - they didn't give me one when they called. I did look at an online calculator for my due date and it said the end of Nov (I forgot the date exactly), but I was assuming it would be December too. I think our due dates would be within a few days of eachother. The DDC I was stalking was the November one, but I was not joining it - just curious.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#615 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 01:21 PM

Sourire, no the plan is still to just ferilize 12-14 eggs and freeze the rest of the eggs if we need to use them later.

Laggie what a weird story about the lady with the coat. I am with you on maternity clothes. I think I am going to need some new undies because the style i wear sit uncomfortably across my pelvis right. Maybe it is just the overfilled ovaries but my lower belly is sensitive to touch.

rcr, the due date clubs look interesting. I may join one once get a positive hpt. I was calculating my due date based on egg retrieval day and it will be Dec. 18 if all goes well.

afm, feeling more like myself but definitely glad I am still laying down. Talked with a friend who had twins. Made me feel good to know that other people have had twins and flourished. Dh just got home from a donut run.

#616 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 PM

rcr - I like your new sig!

#617 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 02:50 PM

indie, i had endometritis discovered by biopsy, and once it was cleared up I did my first FET and got pregnant.  granted, there were a lot of factors all culminating in the perfect storm, but i do think that had we not cleared that up it wouldn't have worked.  good luck!

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#618 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

wwwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?  RCR!  I'm late to the party but wafreakinhoo! 

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#619 of 631 Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 PM

sourire~ LUCKY!!!! you did your last shot!

indie~ will you be taking anything to help build your lining? i heard pomegrate juice helps.

rcr and laggie~ congrats againsmile.gif!!!how exciting

#620 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 05:29 AM
rcr

Milk - thanks. I knew you would pop in here eventually. I was just about to PM you. I wish you were joining me in leaving IF :)

Lilac - I can't wait to hear about your fertilization report. Do you know when they are going to call?

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#621 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 06:08 AM

rcr - thanks for the vote of confidence in using CCRM's protocol :) i feel like i've done all that i can do as far as research and now i just have to jump and see where i land. i wish they could put me in a medicated coma through egg retrieval :)

aura - thanks for giving me your experience with endometritis! i haven't had a chance to talk with my doc yet about the results but the message i got from the nurse was that they will not do a repeat biopsy after my course of antibiotics... i'm wondering if that is something i should push back on before my FET? how are the twins? :)

tracyamber - i'm taking l-arginine and vitamin E per my RE. i've heard about pomegranate juice helping with lining but haven't found any research yet that backs it up... please feel free to share any advice you have with me! i think the son you have now is through IVF? so you must be a pro :)

#622 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 06:12 AM

I just got the call with the fertilization report. I was so scared that the sperm we had frozen wouldn't do the job of causing fertilization. Boy was I wrong!  Four eggs were either immature, broke, something about a zona pellucida, and another one had some other thing wrong with it. So they ICSI'd all 14 of the eggs and all 14 fertilized!  Tomorrow we will find out the quality of the fertilized eggs.  It has been an emotional morning.  DH is very happy and we both cried a little when we got the call. Transfer is tomorrow at 9 a.m.  This news has definitely made it a GOOD FRIDAY! Plus today my abdomen doesn't hurt any more like it did yesterday.  Today is a good day.

#623 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 06:23 AM

yay, lilac!!! joy.gif

#624 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 08:52 AM

Lilac, that is wonderful! so happy! I hope your transfer goes well today.

#625 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 AM

Yay Lilac! Sorry if you explained this already, but how come you are doing a 2 day transfer? Is it bc you had to travel and stay in a hotel?  I only have 1 embryo and wanted a 2 day transfer but my clinic made me wait until day 3. Yay for an awesome report!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#626 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 09:35 AM

I guess my office in Grand Rapids Michigan (Dodds and Young) makes everyone do a 2 day transfer. We stayed overnight before the egg retrieval because Dodds and Young's rooms for "sample collection" are less an ideal - on the main path from the lab drop off door to the checkout/pay location. We stayed in the hotel so my DH would have privacy to collect his fresh semen sample since we live 1.5 hours away from the clinic and the sample is supposed to be less than 1 hour old. Saturday March 30, we are just driving up in the morning for the embryo transfer procedure. We have to be there by 8:30 a.m. so we just need to leave here by 7 a.m. The transfer will be at 9 a.m. tomorrow. Is a 2 day transfer better than a 3 day transfer? I guess I don't really have a choice, but I guess every set of RE does their own thing based on their own opinion of current research.

#627 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 10:33 AM

Tenzinsmama: Thanks for thinking of me.  Yes it's great that the old timers are all graduating, although I can't help feeling a little left behind but hopefully my time will come some day.

Laggie: Hi and congratulations again.

rcr: congratulations again and fingures crossed for twin.

Lilac: congrats on so many embies, hope your tranfer goes well.

Blue: hope things are going well with you.

Good luck to anyone else I've missed

AFM: Things are still going well with my bloke.  He's moved to live near me which is fantastic.  But he new job is treating him badly so it's providng quiet difficult for him.  I'm feeling very sorry for myself as I've been sick with a cold for two weeks.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#628 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 11:14 AM

Lilac - that is a great fert report!!! WOO HOO! I have everything crossed, good luck tomorrow!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#629 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 12:00 PM
rcr

Great news lilac!!! I will be thinking of you tomorrow. How many are you putting back in?

Silver - your time will come. I am glad things are going well with your new guy.

#630 of 631 Old 03-29-2013, 12:10 PM

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1380696/spring-ivf-2013/0_30

NEW SPRING THREAD IS UP!!

lilac- great fert report! I'm curious how many you will put back as well!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page