Winter IVF Thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 631 Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry Sourire. Hugs.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#152 of 631 Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM

Sourire - No! I am so so sorry.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#153 of 631 Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Sourire

that sucks and i am sorry you are dealing with this again. thinking about you in the hard time.

#154 of 631 Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM

Sourire, I am so very, very sorry. 

Me (33) + Him (34) = US 10.3.09

Trying to conceive since 1.6.11.  Diagnosed as phlegm stagnant with PCOS and a blocked tube.

First loss on 3.5.12. Second loss on 5.19.12. Cautiously optimistic that the 3rd time really is a charm. EDD 8.7.2013.

BFPChart2.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/krunchyk

blogging.jpg www....

#155 of 631 Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 PM

This road can be so full of joy and also rife with heartbreak. To those smiling, you give me hope. To those who have suffered disappointment or are grieving, I am so sorry.
AFM, I went in for my day two blood work and baseline US and I had 8 antral follicles. This is our last chance with IVF as our precription coverage is maxed. This is an estrogen priming protocol and I had 8 days with estrogen patches and tonight will be stim day 1. Fingers crossed!
#156 of 631 Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM

nievesstevens

That was and is kind of you to acknowledge everyone as we are all on different roads and journeys right now. Thanks.

So stim 1 means ....when will they be retrieving eggs?

I will be going in for FET on Monday and a little anxious.

#157 of 631 Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Nivesstevens -- Good luck! I did estrogen priming in August and it went well except for chromosome issues in the embryo that actually implanted... :(  This time around, I'm on day 10 of stims with Follistim, after about a week of Lupron (day 21 start).  I feel a bit like a bruised pin cushion -- for some reason the injections have not been as smooth this time around as last.  I also have 8 follicles on a good growth trajectory (and a few behind that may (or may not quite) catch up). Similar numbers to last time, I'm just hoping for better quality this time! My egg retrieval is on Monday, the same day as tracyamber's FET.  Fingers crossed for all of us!  

Tracyamber --  I wish you all the best -- may monday Jan 28th be a magical day for all :)  

Does anyone here do acupuncture before/after the FET? I heard it could be beneficial but was curious what other folks had experienced?

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

IVF#2: BFP 2/11/13 This one really stuck. 

Mom to H, L, & G, triplets born 35+1 and growing like weeds! joy.gif

#158 of 631 Old 01-24-2013, 02:29 PM

Nivesstevens[\B] -- Good luck! I did estrogen priming in August and it went well except for chromosome issues in the embryo thatactually implanted... greensad.gif  This time around, I'm on day 10 of stims with Follistim, after about a week of Lupron (day 21 start).  I feel a bit like a bruised pin cushion -- for some reason the injections have not been as smooth this time around as last.  I also have 8 follicles on a good growth trajectory (and a few behind that may (or may not quite) catch up). Similar numbers to last time, I'm just hoping for better quality this time! My egg retrieval is on Monday, the same day as tracyamber's FET.  Fingers crossed for all of us!  

Tracyamber [\B] --  I wish you all the best -- may monday Jan 28th be a magical day for all smile.gif  

Does anyone here do acupuncture before/after the FET? I heard it could be beneficial but was curious what other folks had experienced?

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

#159 of 631 Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 PM

acupuncture before and afterwards. If you can get your acupuncturist to come to the office it is better. 

#160 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Sourire, I am so sorry this cycle didn't work out to you.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#161 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 AM

Tracy: good luck Monday with your FET and Guppy, here's to all those follies developing beautiful eggs! And yes, the injections should seem easier this time but they weren't.
AFM: we have a projected retrival date of 2/4. Our protocol is 450 follistim, 150 menopur with ganirellix added in after our second US. Our last cycle was bcp then lupron and stims, but I reacted badly to lupron, it gave me palpitations.
#162 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 AM

Good news today. I have 11 good size follicles for Monday's retrieval. Can't wait! Fingers x'd all goes smoothly, they fertilize and grow into beautiful day 3 embies! Trigger party movie nite tomorrow night! (just borrowed avatar and nemo in 3D)...
deborahbgkelly likes this.

#163 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just got the call from my clinic with the beta results. Negative, as expected so now I'm allowed to stop the meds. DH and I booked ourselves a "consolation prize" trip to Jamaica to help cheer us up. 2 weeks from tomorrow we'll be sitting on the beach!

It sounds like there will be a lot of excitement around here next week! Toothfairy, tracyamber, guppyluv, nievesstevens, I'll be following your developments with interest. I have an appointment with my RE on Wednesday to figure out the next step. I'll be pushing for increased progesterone supplementation and an endometrial biopsy, hopefully those two factors will help our next FET have a different result than this time. I still have one frozen blast remaining and 5 day 3 embryos (2 are grade 1, the others are grade 2). I think I'd rather have a day 3 transferred next time because a) the remaining blast isn't the greatest quality, b) all my best embryos were frozen at day 3, and c) if the blast doesn't survive defrosting then the cycle is a bust, but with my day 3's I'll have a backup plan.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#164 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM

Sourire: What an awesome consolation prize!! I hope your RE figures out why you always bleed through the meds and can make a change to ensure your embies have the best chance!! I am so glad you have more embabies waiting for you. 

Good luck to those about to retreive and transfer!!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#165 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM

Sourire

I am happy you are able to move forward and taking the right steps with your dh to heal. Glad to hear you have some embies on ice!!!!

Yay Guppyluv.....we want to hear all about your retrieval on monday.We'll be on our 2ww together.!

nievesstevens  2/4 is really close!!

AFM these progesterone injections are a pain in the a**..pun intended lol. I don't seem to have much of an appetite but still drinking my gallon of water a day and a bowl of oatmeal . Transfer at 12 noon...

#166 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM

Tracyamber - ugh. Progesterone shots sound a little miserable. greensad.gif I had good success with Crinone suppositories last time - so am thankful for no more shots. Don't think I could deal. Sending happy thoughts your way for monday.

Sourire - Ahhh jamaica... My friends are on a girls weekend there right now and loving it. Glad you still have some frosties to work with.

Nievesstevens - Menapur and I didn't get along. Lupron was annoying but not so bad for me. At least there is more than one protocol to work with! I'm Follistim 300 am/pm + ganerellix after day of stims.

I'll find out tomorrow afternoon what time my retrieval will be. Now just baking banana bread & waiting for my last two doses of Follistim to be delivered from the pharmacy.

#167 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Tracyamber - I'm with you on the injections! I'm so excited that I don't have to do one tonight! Funny that you aren't hungry, I am always STARVING when I take progesterone!

#168 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 05:00 PM

Hi all-Popping in to cheer you all on! I'm also still having problems as a result of the PIO injections (3 weeks later)h, so if we do an FET in a couple of years, no PIO for me!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#169 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM

deborahkelly

what problems did you have with the progesterone injections?????

#170 of 631 Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 PM

I had a lot of swelling and discomfort at the injection site to the point that I finally had to insist they get me off because I was crying every time I walked (which I could barely do). Now, I have two nodules on my left butt cheek where there had been injection sites. I go back to the GP on Tuesday to figure out if we need t do surgery to drain them. I'm on blood thinners, so we aren't sure whether it is the best course of action, plus I'm only 9 weeks along as of tomorrow. Right now I have a warm compress on the area.

#171 of 631 Old 01-26-2013, 09:29 PM

it's so quiet here........everyone  must be having a fantastic saturday and friday night. im enjoying a chocolate chip cookie from a batch i made yesterday. i'm amazed i only ate one today and now about to get a little more calcium through some oat milk.

sourire..hope you cannot get you mind off your up coming trip.

guppyluv..are you still watching movies?how was the trigger? what time one monday?

okay..quietly leaving lol! oopsyummy.gif

deborahbkelley...that sucks about your injection site

#172 of 631 Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 AM

I'm lucky that one of the doctors at my internal medicine practice is apparently a skin expert, so he'll be taking a look Tuesday.

#173 of 631 Old 01-27-2013, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Deborah- I hope it isn't anything serious. I don't look forward to PIO injections when we someday use our frozen embies. 

Tracy- your FET is tomorrow, right? Good Luck! How are you doing with the PIO? Everyone reacts differently to progesterone supplements as far as side effects. Did you have a loss of appetite when you were pregnant with your first?

Sourire- Enjoy every minute of your vacation. You certainly deserve it after all you've been through. Did they have you on estrogen pills along with the PIO for after your transfer? When do you see your doctor again and plan or another FET? I hope they can make a change and give you a better chance of success. 

guppyluv- Good luck to you tomorrow too! Is this your first IVF? I found the retrieval much easier than I expected. Hope your 11 eggs are beautiful and mature for them to take out tomorrow. Exciting times!

nieves- Sorry the injections aren't treating you as nicely this time around. I hope the days go by quickly and this is all a thing of the past. Do you have to do PIO too??

krunchyk- Thanks for the progesterone advice before, I realize I never responded to you. I guess they aren't as concerned because it went up by Friday and with the Crinone not showing in bloodwork I should be okay. I haven't had any spotting since the implantation spotting stopped either. 

AFM- My ultrasound is scheduled for Wednesday. Hopefully once that is over I will feel more like embracing pregnancy. There is so much unknown. I really don't feel like it is ectopic but it is hard to get attached when there are so many things potentially wrong. My bigger fear than ectopic is that we will see a heartbeat and then in a few more weeks it will be gone. I guess I can be moved to graduates since for now I am pregnant. If I have to rejoin for a FET that won't discount that this child existed for however long.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#174 of 631 Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 AM

Ahhh we did Alice & Wonderland in 3D. Triggered at 8:30p. In tomorrow early by 7:30.

Annoyed today by the nurse calling with "extra" pre-op instructions to take prevacid before surgery tonight and tomorrow. Ive never done that before with 3 D&Cs and my other egg retrieval (which I had no problems with and no adverse reactions to anesthesia). She said it was b/c of my weight (which hasn't really changed - well went down 5 lbs - since my first ER last sept) but I'm guessing it's b/c I now tripped the post 40 mark in Nov. & am a bit overweight . Anyway she didn't really know more than "it's protocol" - which I always find really frustrating. I don't like taking unnecessary Meds I've never taken before just b/c it's protocol - and esp. when I have zero history of reflux. So just a bit annoyed. but deep breathing.

Trying to find a ride tomorrow was a royal pain (between sick friends with the flu and everyone else traveling for work), so I'm spending the night at a friends and hour from home (but closer to the clinic). Not a biggie since its so early tomorrow, but I like my own bed so much better!

But still... Excited for tomorrow...

Tracyamber - good luck tomorrow!!! Yay smile.gif

#175 of 631 Old 01-27-2013, 02:13 PM

afm ....hi and thanks for dealing with my silliness last night. just been in a good mood.

toothfairy2be  no i did not lose appetite  but about 6 weeks in morning sickness hit. i had it all the time for 22 weeks. i  couldn't keep anything down and lost a lot of weight. i could not even drink water. ginger chews helped .if you get morning sickness i have lots of advice.

guppyluv  we'll be at the doctor's at the same time because 7:30 you time is about 10:30 my time. i have acupuncture at 11. im sorry you had a hard time getting a ride.  we too live an hour away from the clinic in the middle of a forest.

#176 of 631 Old 01-28-2013, 04:50 AM

Fingers crossed for Tracy and guppy today! My nurse gave me a great tip for the PIO. If you are having someone help with the injections, have them seated with you standing so that the injection site is eye level, then massage the injection site vigorously for a bit after administering (my husband just used his knuckles in a circular motion) so that the oil disperses quickly and doesn't stay in one location. I had no discomfort at all.
AFM: second US tomorrow and probably starting Ganirelix, had a second round of blood work yesterday and our office doesn't call you unless something comes up, which they didn't. Also, why does Menopur have to sting so damn much, at least for me. But as a distraction, DH and I made mozzarella and ricotta cheese yesterday! Excellent way to occupy the mind and fairly easy to boot.
#177 of 631 Old 01-28-2013, 05:21 AM

Am at clinic waiting... Thankfully still have my iPhone smile.gif anyway should be shortly. Wheee...

#178 of 631 Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck today tracyamber and guppyluv!

Toothfairy - I was on estrogen patches for the entire cycle. My appointment with the doctor is this Wednesday, same day as yours.

#179 of 631 Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 AM

Back home. They retrieved 10. So just have to wait for them to fertilize. On the couch with hot cocoa and a movie.

Good luck Tracyamber

#180 of 631 Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 AM

busy today huh?

thanks for the support !!!!!

we are eating organic multigrain squares and about to get ready. relaxing all day and tuesday so i will be around if anyone wants to "hang out" lolyummy.gif

nievesstevens. that is exactly how we do it! i cannot imagine what it would feel like if we didn't. my butt aches and feels like i have knots.

guppyluv 11 is a great number yay. enjoy your movies.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page