Winter IVF Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 631 Old 02-04-2013, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry. I got cut off. One of the embryos split, so now we have 3. I am 40 & so hopeful that one will take. How do you get through the next two weeks wondering if they took. I need some helpful advise. Thank you
#242 of 631 Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats on making it to transfer! The 2ww is a pain. I knit a blanket, made 2 puzzles, read a book & watched 7 movies. Stay busy!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#243 of 631 Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. It is so hard too stay focused
#244 of 631 Old 02-05-2013, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Welcome wannabemomi!

Guppyluv when are you testing?

Tracyamber good luck getting through the next couple of days!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#245 of 631 Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 AM

Tracy: I am sure this week will both fly and drag. Fingers crossed!
Guppy: just a few more days for you too! fingers crossed!
AFM: Retrieval went well, back home now resting. So small miracles in that I had five follicles, two of which were runts but they retrieved seven eggs! I was amazed! I was hoping for five and when she said seven I had her repeat it. We will know more tomorrow RE: quality and fertilization.
#246 of 631 Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)

Welcome wannabemomi! welcome to the tww also!!

nievesstevens that is awesome about the seven eggs. glad all went well. 

sourire when is your Jamaican vacation??

afm  i am busy . making pancakes ,washing the dishes keeping busy.

#247 of 631 Old 02-05-2013, 10:02 AM

7 is a great surprise! Yay!! Crossing toes for a good fertilization report!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#248 of 631 Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yay Nievesstevens! Fingers x'd for good fert!

Wannabemomi - welcome to the 2ww (should be 2www= two week wait & worry!)

AFM -just waiting and working. Luckily classes started and I'm busy busy busy prepping and teaching. Phew. Distractions are good. Exhaustion = bad... Though Sunday I caught up on thus season's Downton abbey - thank goodness for some good TV drama for once!

Monday seems forever away. Like Tracyamber, I'll be one of the first in the office Monday am smile.gif not that it will make them call me back sooner greensad.gif I'll be teaching class when they call back anyway. lots of breathing and a little meditating (I suck at it, but hey, practice makes something?)

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

IVF#2: BFP 2/11/13 This one really stuck. 

Mom to H, L, & G, triplets born 35+1 and growing like weeds! joy.gif

#249 of 631 Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi ladies... I haven't been here in awhile, I don't know if anybody I know is still posting here! My first IVF cycle resulted in a miscarriage in fall 2011. It's been a long wait but we finally have the money to try again. I start BCP tomorrow and I'll be starting stims on March 1st.

Has anybody ordered meds online? I was going to order them from ivfmeds.com but now I'm feeling nervous about it. I would save $1000, but I am worried they might be inferior quality.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#250 of 631 Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM

Hi Laggie. We aren't planning on doing IF treatments anymore, but I'm stalking this thread and I remember you.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#251 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 07:23 AM

So my RE just called, it's not looking good. None of the eggs fertilized as of yet. He said there may be a chance of delayed fertilization but with my age and history it's more than likely poor egg quality. It's a odd mix of heartbroken and relieved. At least we have an answer and know not to pursue my eggs. I am open to egg or embryo donation but the costs seem prohibitive. Has anyone used donor eggs or embryos or knows of good resources for researching? We also explored foster to adopt before we started this cycle.
#252 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 07:30 AM

Laggie- I recognize your name from my following when I was on the IF thread. Exciting to hear you are starting again. I'll continue to follow along and pray for good results!

Deborah- Sad to hear you aren't going to pursue further treatments. I can't imagine the pain of 3 losses especially after all you have been through. We will be around to support you whatever ways we can. 

nieves- Did they do ICSI on your eggs? I think RCR has done research on donor eggs/embryos so if she is around she may be your best resource. I know I've heard her mention California Conceptions and a place in NY that are the most affordable. 

#253 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Laggie - welcome back! Would you like me to add a blurb for you in the first post?

Nieves - I'm so sorry to hear that the fertilization isn't looking good.

Tracyamber - I'm leaving for Jamaica on Saturday morning. I'm so excited!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#254 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 AM

Thanks Toothfairy. It is just too much for us. If we have a surprise BFP, I don't think we'll be upset about it, but the cost of adoption is quite high as well, so I don't want to waste the resources on treatments with a high risk of losing another baby.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#255 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 AM

Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome in your group.

Nievestevens so sorry to hear the news on your eggs. My heart goes out to you. Please keep us posted
#256 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 PM

Nieves-- bah. Sorry to hear. I was rooting for them.

Sourire- please please don't post from Jamaica. I don't think I can handle it wink1.gif We're due for 6-12" more snow this weekend. (of course, I'm kidding here...) But do have fun! (I was going to write have a blast -- but given the nature of this forum it seemed wrong... LOL...)

Clearly I'm exhausted and maybe a bit delirious... Definitely punchy. 3hours lab on my feet. It's going to be a long term. I need a rolling stool... Still waiting, wishing...

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

#257 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 04:58 PM

Guppy- Are you out in western MA? I'm between Worcester and Boston and we are getting 18-24 inches. So. Not. Ready. 

Sourire- I don't think you would post from vaca anyway but I second guppy... we just can't take the heat! 

tracy- 2 days til test day!! Any symptom spotting going on??

#258 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 06:12 PM

welcome back laggie! hopefully only wonderful things for you this cycle.

guppy and toothfairy, good luck!  i'm in nj and we got a prediction of 29.3 inches.  TWENTY NINE!!  or it may just rain.  the weather stations can't decide. lol!

nieves, a good friend of mine used a donor service for eggs and her donor gave her fifty something eggs!  she got pregnant with twins on her first transfer.  i think it's a nyc based service, but her donor was from somewhere down south so i'm sure it's national.  i can get the info if you're interested.  

good luck to everyone in the 2ww!!

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#259 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Hi Laggie! I am still here. Not really doing IVF anymore, just staking. We go way back to the BSL thread. Nice to see you again. I never got my baby, but I am working on doign donor embryos at some point. Nice to see you again. I ordered meds online because my insurance would only pay for one pharmacy. They all were fine, I guess (though I am not one to give advice because I never got pregnant).

Nieves - I am so sorry. I am not really on this board any more, so I haven't really followed you. But I was here for like three years, and 4 IVF cycles, (plus two canceled), and a bunch of IUIs, and we never had fertilization. MY heart goes out to you. We are doing donor embryos. Check out California Conceptions and RBA Atlanta for affordable options.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#260 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 06:43 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Nieves - one more thing. California Conceptions is like $12,000 for a double donor cycle (three tries or your money back if you don't get a take-home baby), and RBA Atlanta is like $15,000 for a donor egg cycle (using DHs sperm), with two guarenteed high quality blasts or they will unthaw more for you. CNY is popular, but more expensive, but you can do a more conventional donor cycle that is shared for a kinda reasonable price. You can also get donor embryos from snowflake if you are interested in doing a homestudy and are the right religion that they ask for (christian I think). We are doing a cycle with my old RE, but also keeping CA Conceptions on hold in case it doesn't work.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#261 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 09:58 PM

i am just so tired right now and have missed so much here. welcome everyone. and hello to the people that have been here before. Im tracyamber and i am on my 2ww and my bumm is sore and.......

nievesstevens i am sorry to hear about your egg quality. 

guppyluv what do you teach exactly if you don't mind me asking. i am an elementary teacher.

and i just found out there is a february infertility one thread.  do we have to join each board???

thursday thursday then friday friday..7am

#262 of 631 Old 02-06-2013, 10:02 PM

nievsstevens i know there is a berkeley parents network that has some interesting ideas about egg quality,doctors,donor and such if you have not explored it yourself.

#263 of 631 Old 02-07-2013, 04:20 AM

I second Berkeley parents net. Was great for info when I started out (was living in northern CA at the time) and there is a ton of info there i never explored.

I'm in the Boston area so I guess I should watch the news. 18-24"!? Eeeks - well we never get as much as those outside RT128 so maybe not so bad...

On a side note I am sick again. Was really sick during stims and then good by retrieval. All the nurses had runny noses, etc at transfer last Thursday and boom! I got sick Monday. It's now settled in my chest. So lovely. Sleep sucks between the progesterone hot flashes and sinus congestion/coughing. Making me grumpy smile.gif

#264 of 631 Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Crashing once again to ask wannabmom about one of the embryos splitting. I'm confused. I did some research and couldn't find anywhere where the embryo split in the Petri dish. I guess it could happen (I don't see why not), but it doesn't seem common. Did the docs say anything about that? It definitely seems unusual.

Just FYI - I hope you'll let me join you guys. I may actually end up doing this crazy thing. I'm in the middle of a test cycle and the IVF nurse said we could start next cycle! Crazy.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#265 of 631 Old 02-07-2013, 10:11 AM

X: Hi there! Sorry you are joining this thread. 

Funny to see Berkeley parents network mentioned on here. I live in Berkeley. So nice to have that resource!

Nieve: I am so so sorry! I hope some did fertilize and they just looked at the wrong time. I only had 1 fertilize and was about to turn to donor egg. I had decided to go with RBA in Atlanta. CNY in new york is very affordable but I followed a thread about women doing donor egg there on another board and their success rates are WAY below RBA. Almost everyone on the RBA thread got pregnant. It was truly amazing to follow! I met a mom at the park last week who told me her 4 yr old was conceived via donor egg when she was 52. I was impressed that she was so open with me. I told her we almost used donor egg and likely would have to if we ever want another child. Hugs!! I'm sorry you have come to the end of the line for your own eggs. But I know you will have a child of your own through donor egg. My sister has 3 little girls all born thru donor egg/surrogacy. And she says she never ever stops to think where that little piece of DNA came from. She's too busy just being their mom.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#266 of 631 Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Xerella i had question the dr the day of transfer re:the embryos splitting, he said that it was uncommon but it happens. Usually it happens in the uterus later in development & the result is twins.

Guppyluv I thought I was having hot flashes during the night, I wake up at least 4 times everynight. Now I know it is from the progesterone. :-)
#267 of 631 Old 02-07-2013, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
wannabemom - Maybe I'm confused. When you say the embryo split, do you mean the normal embryo division process or that the embryo separated itself into 2 and it is now a separate embryo? Honestly, this seems highly unlikely. Unfortunately, I'm pretty familiar with the formation of identical twins. And, it seems that scientists have been doing this in a petri dish, but it's highly experimental and the docs have to place an artificial zona pellucida around the partial embryo to protect it within the petri dish. Source: www.ama-assn.org/resources/doc/code-medical-ethics/2145a.pdf

A hatching blast (a very good thing) looks a lot like an embryo splitting, maybe that's what you saw. But, that wouldn't happen until day 5 or 6. Maybe someone else can pipe in who knows more about the IVF process.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#268 of 631 Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 PM

It is 7pm. I'm in my PJs in bed. Exhausted. Ready for sleep and the impending blizzard. BRING IT ON!

Tracy - keep us posted. Good luck tomorrow.

#269 of 631 Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 PM

Good luck Tracy!!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#270 of 631 Old 02-08-2013, 02:48 AM

Thinking of you today Tracy!!

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page