Serious Question about OPKs after miscarriage. ANY HELP?!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I miscarried on December 5th. I do not ovulate except on clomid. I have never been TOLD I have PCOS but I have had very severe ovarian cysts. This makes me believe I have PCOS. Anyways, my OPK's are usually always positive or at-least have the second line. I do not chart or temp except I sometime do temp to see if it has raised at all because my temp is usually 96.35 in the mornings but when I was pregnant it was 98.66 and so I use that as kind of an idea. Well, for the past 3 days I have been drinking some herbal tea for menstrual balance and my OPKs have gone COMPLETELY Neg. No second line AT ALL. So, what I would like to know is could this be from ovulation or from the tea or is it just a coincidence that it went neg after the tea?

I should also say, my pee is not dulited by the tea I just changed this tea for my green tea.

I do not chart because I wake up at 4am 5 days a week but weekends are not the same and I don't always remember.

The only other time the OPK's have gone completely neg is when I was on the clomid and the cycle I got pregnant. It went neg after I had a strong pos after getting neg.... so I KNEW I ovulated then.

I was thinking about taking progesterone to start my period but now I don't know if I should!

My DR is NO help what so ever

I AM JUST SO CONFUSED!!! ANY Ideas at all would be great! I just don't know what to think. 

#2 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone? Just an idea? A guess? :/

#3 of 6 Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM

Where in your cycle are you? Is this around when you would normally ovulate? Did you take Clomid this cycle?

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#4 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

My cycle has not returned since I miscarried on Dec.5th, I was only 5 weeks when I miscarried.  I don't usually have a period unless I take clomid or progesterone to induce a period. So, my cyle is not existant. I did NOT take clomid this cycle as I was waiting to see if I would have a period on my own. I have miscarried before and I waited 7 months and had NO period and I finally took progesterone to induce. I don't have a "Normally" ovulate time as I do not anymore, I stopped about 5 years ago when I stopped birth control. My cycle never came back after being on B/C since I was 16- it was the worst thing I ever did. Never again will I be on birth control.

#5 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 08:03 AM

Hmmm... Maybe you should hold off doing anything for two more weeks, to be sure you're not pregnant. And then enduce your period.

I don't know why the OPKs are stark white, they have never done that with me. I guess it's possible for it to be the tea. You could skip it for a couple days and see what happens.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#6 of 6 Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I am just not sure what to think of everything. I ALWAYS have a second line on OPKs. It is a women's balancing tea.... Honestly, I thought it was a bunch of non-sense. I didn't think it would do anything! I guess it may have. Thanks for the advice, I think I am going to wait 2 more weeks and see what is going on.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page