February Infertility ONE Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 90 Old 05-14-2013, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can we talk about sharing with family? My mother has been making me nuts about giving her grandchildren for years so I didn't even tell her when we started ttc two years ago. Now that we are facing if and have no idea when to realistically expect anything to work I want to talk to her about it even less but at the same time I am so tired of the qiestions. So... How did you decide to tell people? And how did you respond to casual acquaintances asking??

jog.gif:bikenew.gif// knit.gif:reading.gif:notes2.gif // cat.gif:cat.gif 

Our precious baby girl is coming to turn our world upside down in January 2014!

#62 of 90 Old 05-14-2013, 07:26 PM

polyhymnia- We never told anyone. (we just recently got our bfp after 2 years) I find it to be too much pressure. I can't stand the constant questions and personally I think the questions would turn from "when are you" to "what's going on".  My dh and I have been married 19 years this month. So we have had plenty of the "when are you". Enough to make you sick, lol. Everyone finally stopped asking about 3 years ago. I had to get snippy with my Dad and told him- when there's a baby you'll know! Until then quit asking. To my surprise he did and I'm grateful.  With casual people  I just said we are planning on having them someday, don't know when, we're happy as we are right now.  That usually ended the questioning.

Since you don't feel open to discussing your infertility my advice would be to honor yourself and your privacy. I'm sure your mom is well intentioned - but you have the right to go through this journey as you choose. And frankly, with as stressful road as this can be - helping reduce any stress is a good think imo! 

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#63 of 90 Old 05-15-2013, 04:13 AM

I'd love to join this thread, since it looks like no new threads have started for the spring.  We started working with an RE in February, so that counts, right?!

Here are my stats:

I'm 36, and my DH and I have been TTC#2 since 6/13, married for 1.5 years.  I have one 15 year old.  Underwent hysteroscopy and had polyp removed in April 2013.  First IUI attempt this month canceled due to missed ovulation.  We have unexplained secondary infertility.

#64 of 90 Old 05-19-2013, 08:28 AM

So... Two days late, super ridiculously sore boobs.... Positive test. Clearly positive.
But, Internet cheapy.

What brand should I go buy to use tonight? I have never bought a real test before! I don't believe this one.

#65 of 90 Old 05-19-2013, 10:26 AM

Fierrbugg- Are you still out there? I know you said you were done. I just want to make sure so that if we want to keep the thread going we can elect a new thread keeper.

polyhymnia- Exciting! FX'd for you big time! Try any thing but a blue dye test- those are notorious for false positives. Maybe a digital? 

#66 of 90 Old 05-19-2013, 11:29 AM

Thanks. I am heading to the store, don't know if I should wait till tomorrow or go for it again today?? My husband has his follow up semenalysis on Tuesday (0 morphology, 5mil/ml count, low motility too in the last one) and it really feels like a false positive... after two years it seems like it can't possibly be, I am so freaked out today.

#67 of 90 Old 05-20-2013, 07:19 AM

I feel weird posting here. I have been lurking for over a year and posting off and on, but I still feel like I have invaded and am so afraid of hurting feelings. But I don't dare tell anyone because I am so afraid something will go wrong. Is it ok if I stay here for a few more days? Yesterday I took a digital and then this morning another Internet cheapy but it seems lighter than yesterday. Do you think a doctor would do blood tests for me if I call and say how freaked out I am? Will I be able to get a 6 week ultrasound if I just ask? I can't shake this fear.

#68 of 90 Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 AM

poly- I feel the same as you- I've lurked for a long time and only posted here occasionally. I keep responding to people on this thread because I think it would be a valuable asset to keep it going. However I am 6 weeks pregnant and can't be the thread keeper. I don't think you are hurting anyone's feelings at all! This is a place of support winky.gif

What did the digital say? You can also get lighter results depending on the time of day you took the test and how diluted your urine was.  If its causing a lot of stress go get the blood test. You should be able to get in with no prob.  The ultrasound I'm not sure I think each provider is different. I don't see any reason why they would say no to a dating and heartbeat ultrasound around 6-7 weeks. Let us know what happens lurk.gif

#69 of 90 Old 05-20-2013, 07:35 AM

The digital said positive too. It was the creepiest thing. I'm going to phone the doctor soon, they open at 8. Also phoning the clinic to cancel my husbands appointment tomorrow. He has decided he would rather postpone it and see if this one sticks first.
I am bad about responding because I have a hard time keeping things straight but I do read everything and think about everyone here.

#70 of 90 Old 05-20-2013, 07:39 AM

Congrats! fingersx.gif FX'd that this one is a healthy sticky baby for you Poly!

#71 of 90 Old 05-20-2013, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So I lost the baby. After my bfp my levels started dropping 2wks later and I started bleeding. greensad.gif

Loving wife hug2.gif and Mama to hippie.gifBella (11), joy.gifArydona (6), guitar.gifKai (5) and Trin candle.gif born sleeping on 12/21/13 makebabe.gif ttc our next bundle of joy! ....intactlact.gif,hang.gif  homeschool.gif  
#72 of 90 Old 05-20-2013, 04:15 PM

granolamommie- Huge hugs hug2.gif.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Was this after your ICI?

#73 of 90 Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 PM

Gm, I am so sorry greensad.gif

#74 of 90 Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM

Yes. My ici was in April. I was 5 weeks

Loving wife hug2.gif and Mama to hippie.gifBella (11), joy.gifArydona (6), guitar.gifKai (5) and Trin candle.gif born sleeping on 12/21/13 makebabe.gif ttc our next bundle of joy! ....intactlact.gif,hang.gif  homeschool.gif  
#75 of 90 Old 06-13-2013, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJenny View Post

Fierrbugg- Are you still out there? I know you said you were done. I just want to make sure so that if we want to keep the thread going we can elect a new thread keeper.

Oh, I am never actually done.  Just a glutton for punishment because after 12 years my ttc plan is still fighting with my doctors and bd'ing.  banghead.gif  joy.gif

GranolaMommie:  Sending you love and lots of hugs.  hug2.gif

Poly:  Oh, sweetie - stick around as long as you want.  We completely get having the fear of telling everyone - of daring to believe that this time is IT.  Sending you many sticky vibes. 

GoatMamma:  Welcome. 

And if anyone wants to take over as thread keeper for July - PLEASE let us know.  We're due for a fresh start here soon, I think.  winky.gif

I am officially done editing this post.  Dur.

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering angel2.gif 8/00, angel1.gif 5/04, angel1.gif 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09) & Bella (04/06-06/12)
#76 of 90 Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 PM

Hi everyone! I left one post maybe a month or so again in this forum and have been trying to figure out where I fit - in the TTC or Infertility section. Please add me in here.

TTC #1 since 4/2012. Me: 29yrs DH: 29yrs. HSG test normal, follicular phase hormones normal.

I'm currently waiting to see if this cycle is going to do anything for me or not, waiting for test results from my Progesterone blood test, and waiting on results from DH's semen analysis. So far, I think that was the most stressful part, since I had no control of that - but I guess I can just get used to that because I have not had control of this whole process! I know DH will be devastated if there is bad news on his end... so I am praying for good news and for peace for both of us through this process.

Praying for all of you as well!

Me (29) & DH (29) 9.5 years together, 2 years married, TTC since 4/2012.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

#77 of 90 Old 08-15-2013, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

Hey all. How is everyone doing?  It has been quite the slow year for us, huh?  Does anyone want to start a new thread?  Or want me to start a new one?  What's new with all of you?

I am still chugging along although not really.  Dealing with thyroid stuff - trying to go gluten & soy free and limiting dairy intake.  I feel better when I avoid all of those things.  When I don't, I sleep all day.  I have started using FF again - although temps are few and far between.  Realized that since mid-2006 I have only had 51% of the cycles I should have had.  Why haven't any of my dr's been concerned about that?  My endo is on maternity leave and left no one to cover her patients, so I am looking for a high-risk OB who will work with my super old, fat, adrenally fatigued butt.  Wish me luck.  mischievous.gif

Ladies, how are you? 

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering angel2.gif 8/00, angel1.gif 5/04, angel1.gif 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09) & Bella (04/06-06/12)
#78 of 90 Old 08-17-2013, 06:01 AM

Fierrbugg - This forum is kind of slow. I've had more luck posting in the Spring IVF forum - I think it turned into more of an infertility forum.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

#79 of 90 Old 09-01-2013, 07:04 PM

I still lurk from time to time T. I think about you a lot. Kind of reminisce about when this was all still so new and this forum was booming with activity and support. Now that I've had 3 miscarriages, 2 in the last 10 months, I guess I just feel that much more jaded. Working with pregnant women is still the thing I enjoy the most but some days I do feel like I'm just rubbing salt in my wounds. We downsized to a travel trailer to help cut our costs and try to pay down on some debt and once we get that sufficiently paid off, we have talked about embryo adoption, though it's difficult to find folks who aren't doing it for super religious reasons. We feel like we'd do that before we'd go the IVF route right now but our thoughts may change down the road when it's actually a feasible option. Anyway, I wish there was the activity to start a new thread. 

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#80 of 90 Old 09-03-2013, 02:53 PM

SimplyRochelle - I posted in here quite a while ago and someone found me and brought me over to the IVF thread. It has become the "new" infertility thread. The women in there are very supportive. I posted a link below for you to follow in there (I hope it works). I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriages. What is embryo adoption? I am relatively new to the infertility part of this process. DH and I are still in the testing phase at about 16 months TTC. I hope that the IVF thread will bring you some support and encouragement... I know how tough it has been for me and I sympathize with you in your struggles as well.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1380696/spring-ivf-2013/560#post_17442720

#81 of 90 Old 09-14-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post

I still lurk from time to time T. I think about you a lot. Kind of reminisce about when this was all still so new and this forum was booming with activity and support. Now that I've had 3 miscarriages, 2 in the last 10 months, I guess I just feel that much more jaded. Working with pregnant women is still the thing I enjoy the most but some days I do feel like I'm just rubbing salt in my wounds. We downsized to a travel trailer to help cut our costs and try to pay down on some debt and once we get that sufficiently paid off, we have talked about embryo adoption, though it's difficult to find folks who aren't doing it for super religious reasons. We feel like we'd do that before we'd go the IVF route right now but our thoughts may change down the road when it's actually a feasible option. Anyway, I wish there was the activity to start a new thread.

wow sorry to hear that.  Good luck

#82 of 90 Old 09-17-2013, 03:24 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Simplyrochelle, thinking of you and sending love!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#83 of 90 Old 09-22-2013, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

Rochelle:  I just completely adore you and you probably already know that.  Sweetie, you and I have been through thick and thin and we're still just staring at each other across the same table with our hands in the air, sometimes screaming expletives, I know.  I am so sorry that you've hit 3 mc's.  Crying emoticons don't aptly convey the sorrow of that.  You and your dh are just amazing, wonderful, loving, adorable people.  I miss the old days too, and I'll talk to you as long and as much as you want to. 

Marcyse:  Thank you for the invites to the IVF thread.  Some of us aren't doing IVF though (for monetary or other reasons).  But I'm so glad that you have found a thread that makes you feel loved as you plod through this horribleness that is IF and I wish you many stickies and healthy little ones. 

#84 of 90 Old 09-22-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierrbugg View Post

Marcyse:  Thank you for the invites to the IVF thread.  Some of us aren't doing IVF though (for monetary or other reasons).  But I'm so glad that you have found a thread that makes you feel loved as you plod through this horribleness that is IF and I wish you many stickies and healthy little ones. 

Fierrbugg - I am guessing that DH and I will not do IVF either, based on money. Right now, we're just trying some more and probably saving money to do a couple Clomid/IUI cycles - though at that point, I wonder if we should just do IVF. I'd love it if we could get pregnant naturally before then, though. I think we're gonna wait until 2 years TTC to try interventions. I am not sure what your backstory is or where you are in your TTC journey, but if you ever want to chat you can always PM me. Thanks for the well wishes and I hope that you get to have many stickies and healthy little ones, too!

#85 of 90 Old 09-23-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post

Good luck sorry to hear.

#86 of 90 Old 10-31-2013, 07:48 AM

What happen to Infertility One Thread???  I would love it if everyone finally got their baby...

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#87 of 90 Old 10-31-2013, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Wissa - a lot of us ended up moving over to the IVF thread and some of us have graduated from there... Like myself, rcr, shesaidboom and lilacvioletiris. I'm sure you'd see a lot of familiar names in the IVF graduated thread smile.gif

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#88 of 90 Old 11-16-2013, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissa19 View Post

What happen to Infertility One Thread???  I would love it if everyone finally got their baby...

Everyone just kind of stopped posting.  Would love for another one to start up if we have the people/interest. 

#89 of 90 Old 11-17-2013, 04:17 PM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just saw this thread pop up in the main page.

SimplyRochelle - I finally got pregnant with a donor embryo. It was actually free. There are some options for embryo donation that are not religious and not expensive. Let me know if you want to "talk"

Wissa - hi. Nice to see you.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#90 of 90 Old 12-07-2013, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Hey
I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new thread
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1393933/the-fertility-challenged-one-thread
It just started and everyone is welcomed.
Best

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page