ovulation induction not working advice please - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-10-2013, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 40 and  have been trying OI treatment  as i dont have periods (for over a year) but all investigations show no evidence of anything being wrong( i also conceived and had a child 21 years ago naturally)
I have tried 3 cycles of different OI drugs but not responded ie lining and follicles remain small 
Instead of trying OI again at  a much increased dose my consultant has recommended IVF but my understanding is even if i move to IVF if the OI dosent work then IVF  

are any other alternative treatments/recommendations   

I know every case is specific but any general advice you may have would be appreciated 
#2 of 4 Old 02-11-2013, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meamolloy View Post
Instead of trying OI again at  a much increased dose my consultant has recommended IVF but my understanding is even if i move to IVF if the OI dosent work then IVF  

It seems like some information is missing here.  ...then IVF ???

What drugs did you take?  Clomid and Letrozole work very differently from injectable medications that contain FSH.  Because of the way Clomid works, it can also thin your lining and sometimes taking estrogen with it can help.  Some RE's believe Clomid does not work effectively in women your age.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 4 Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

sorry sentence should have finished even if i move to IVF if the OI dosent work then IVF  wont as the OI drugs have to work for the first stage of the process ....

tried chlomid , gonal f and menopur  ie have tried ones with FSH and without 

Also dont understand why my consultant didnt try high dose and risk abandon as he says with IVF he would try eg 600 every 4 daysbut in cycles he tried  150 daily max 

does anyone know of any thing that may help all tests show normal i just cant seem to get follicles to grow to ovulate - thanks 

#4 of 4 Old 02-12-2013, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Ok.  That makes more sense.  Have you tried acupuncture?  I read the book Making Babies and it gives good information that combines Western and Chinese medicine.  Also, would you be able to get a second opinion from another reproductive endocrinologist?  Cost may be an issue, but it seems like different people can have very different strategies.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page