I am Totally Lost... Long story, i hope someone can shed some light. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My journey started 17 months ago.. I was newly remarried to a wonderful man who didn't have any children of his own. After our honeymoon he told me that he would love to have a child with me. I was excited and worried at the same time because I was 46. I still was having cycles but they were irregular. After 3 months I decided to better our chances by going to a fertility acupuncturist. That is when I was informed that I probably had just mis-carried. I did their fertility cleanse and conceived 2 months into the program only to mis-carry at 6 weeks. That is when the acupuncturist thought I needed more progesterone and prescribed large doses of Wild Yam. After 2 cycles my flow was getting lighter and shorter. I told him that the wild yam was suppressing my cycle and sure enough my cycles stopped. I quit seeing the acupuncturist and I didn't have a cycles for 5 months. I had also quit my high stress job around the same time. I wanted my cycle back and I needed answers. I had a saliva test done which showed I had stage 3 adrenal fatigue. She prescribed for 90 days: DHEA, Wild Yam (small dose), Red Licorice, and Pregnenolone.  After a month I had a light cycle, and the following month another light cycle, a few days early. BUT I was at the end of the treatment and money. My cycle went dormant again. I took 1,600 Vitex a day and I only lightly spotted the following month so I stopped. I haven't had a cycle for 60 days now. 2 weeks ago I went into a holistic practitioner and had a session where the lady said I was trying to ovulate on my right side, but my eggs were mushy. She said that my progesterone was fine but my estrogen was low. She felt that she could help me and that I could conceive. She prescribed, Vitamin D3 (at night with dinner along with Calcium and Magnesium), Phyto-estrogen capsules (very early morning, empty stomach) to help rebuild my estrogen, which I have been taking for 13 days now (8 caps for 8 days and then 6 caps for another 15 days). I have another appointment tomorrow to check my progress. But I am having more night sweats and I feel overheated in the afternoon since downing the dosage, which makes me feel this is not working for me. I wanted to gain my ovulation back so I can start having my cycles again, rebuild my health and then start trying to conceive... all naturally. I am looking for guidance on which way to approach this, there is so much information.. I have seen online like DIM Plus by Nature's Way, Smoky Mt. Estriol Cream, Maca, and Grapefruit Juice (for ovulation) I did go to my gynecologist to confirm my mis-carriage and was tested the following month and was told I did ovulate. My resources are very limited since I am not currently working and have no insurance. I am sorry, I hope I communicated my thoughts well, I find it hard to focus and to think clearly at times, due to the hormonal imbalance.

If someone can recommend articles or books or online help or supplements... is very greatly appreciated.

Blessings to you and yours.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 03:06 PM

You could look into Soy Isoflavones, they are sort of a natural Clomid. That would be to induce ovulation. I don't know what to suggest to bring on your period. I've heard of all sorts of things. Like using progesterone for a ceratin number of days, and then stopping it. The DHEA is supposed to be good for those of us with older eggs. It is supposed to make them healthier, or something.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply.. I think the pyto-estrogen I'm taking has a soy isoflavones in it. I feel achy on my left side this afternoon as well. But I have this ringing in my right ear.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Hi, you might want to try posting in the over 40 thread that I've been in, perhaps someone can shed some light on what's happening...

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1373197/a-brand-new-year-fabulous-forty-somethings-ttc-bring-on-the-valentines-bfps-we-are-ready-and-waiting#post_17269952

Hopefully you get things sorted out soon, it sounds so rough!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List