Anyone doing IUI? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 05-25-2013, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hm, what are the benefits of Clomid over Follistim?

I had started my period (I thought) on Wed. with spotting.  It stopped yesterday, and hasn't come back, no cramps now.  Weird.  But I went ahead with my appt. to get my baseline anyway.  That's when they saw that the follicles that hadn't released, hadn't gone back down yet.  They were visibly quite large, but I didn't get the measurements.  The nurse said this is common after a stim cycle.

They've ordered me Lupron for this next cycle, and I should get it in plenty of time to start before they want to do the IUI.  Meanwhile, if I don't get the period back by Sunday, I'll take a preg test in case that's the story.  At this point, I suppose it's possible.

#32 of 38 Old 05-25-2013, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

In my limited knowledge I thought most people started with clomid as a first course of action.  It is the safest and easiest to control so you don't get overstimulated.  Some people don't respond to clomid at all but at least you could have tried it. IMO it would have been better to try the iui with the clomid first than risking overstimulation. I guess I'm questioning them because I feel like they really screwed up not giving you Lupron last time. I thought it was interesting that they went right into follistim.  Anyhow, what the hell do I know lol.gif  I'm no Dr. Just disappointed for you I guess and want answers for you hug2.gif

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#33 of 38 Old 07-28-2013, 06:16 PM

I'm so glad I found this post.  I joined a few months ago for added support but kinda forget to log back on and check things.   My husband and I have been TTC for over a year.  All the tsts show that we are both fine which I think is the most aggrivating thing because my infertility is unexplained.  According to the doctor my husband has super sperm too. :) My doctor had me take Fromara and try it the old fashioned way the first month. Then earlier this month we tried our first IUI. Well Aunt Flow showed up yesterday, which is upsetting seeing that I had nausea everyday for the past week, I'm pretty sure that I have IB, and had headaches all last week.  I go for blood work tomorrow, but it would be nice to know why I can't get pregnant.  

I should add that I was ovulating late and started taking a B complex vitamin which made be ovulate 4 days earlier!! Anyone have any advice on IUI that they could share?? I'm getting discouraged :(.

#34 of 38 Old 07-29-2013, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

jillers- Welcome and big hugs to you. hug2.gif  TTC is such a hard ride. Getting AF after spending the time and money on iui is sooooo incredibly disappointing. Not knowing all the why's adds to the anxiety big time. The only advice I have is to try to stay patient with the process. Iknow that is asking a lot when the clock keeps ticking.  It takes so much to make a little one!  Research shows that iui is most successful when given a little later in your fertile window. It was true in my case. I thought there was no way we got the timing right but here I am 16 weeks pregnant! If you can afford it perhaps try a double insemination. Do 2 inseminations a couple of days a part. Hope that helps. Are you gearing up to do another this cycle or are you taking a break?

goatmama- Would love to hear how your doing? Do you have a update? smile.gif

#35 of 38 Old 07-30-2013, 11:52 AM

JustJenny- Thanks so much for the support.  We are hoping to do another IUI this month but a lot will depend on timing.  I have to take a class for school and cannot leave early or miss it and I have a feeling the my positive OPK is going to end up on one of those days.  Did you do IUI, after how many did it finally take??  I didn't know that they could do a double insemination.  So far, the cost for us has been minimal if any.  My insurance covers 6 months of the drug they have me on and the IUI is covered through insurance for now.  I don't know how long they will keep covering it.  IVF I know is not covered and I'm hoping it doesn't get to that stage.  Congrats on the pregnancy!!

#36 of 38 Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 PM

What kind of injectables are they using and did you ask about them or was that the next step with the doctor? I don't want to step on any toes but at the same time, I'm not getting any younger and we have been TTC for a while.  I want a baby, like yesterday!! Infertility sucks so much... I would not put my worst enemy through all the poking, prodding, testing, and let downs...grrr

#37 of 38 Old 08-01-2013, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

jillers- I got pregnant on my 2nd iui. I was doing 100mg clomid, 1 ovidryl trigger and 400mg of progesterone. It took 2 years of trying to conceive for us. At that time I was set on only doing one more iui before moving on to ivf. We don't have insurance that covers infertility so it was important for us to start saving if we were going to go down that route. Since you have coverage you most likely have much more options than I did. There are so many different options out there with drugs and iui. Let them know that you want them to be aggressive and are open to trying different things.  I am sending lots of baby dust your way. dust.gif  I hope its soon for you too. All the monitoring and hormone changes are so incredibly tough on the body. I wouldn't torture my enemy with them either! In the end - for me it was all worth it....

#38 of 38 Old 09-14-2013, 02:08 PM

Good luck jenny keep us updated

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page