Spring IVF 2013 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 767 Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I can't keep track anymore of what the different drugs do and the reasons for them. I think that the first time I was really interested, then the second time I went with "just blindly obey" and now I don't know what to think. 

I'm considering switching to a new RE, there is a new clinic in my city that is taking appointments for the end of July. I guess I'll wait until after my WTF appointment on Tuesday, but the main reason is that I feel like I never want to set foot in that ultrasound room again. Which is probably not the best reason.

Sourire - I hope your next FET is the one. How many frosties do you have? 

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 of 767 Old 06-05-2013, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Laggie - I understand the need to change clinics. I actually made an appointment at another clinic but I think I'll cancel it now that my RE agreed to the testing I wanted. Sometimes getting a 2nd opinion can really help find new solutions though. Keep us posted on how your appointment goes!

I still have 5 frozen embryos, but they are day 3  8-cell embryos (my previous 2 FETs were with blasts). Anyways we're planning one transferring just 1 embryo again this time.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#333 of 767 Old 06-05-2013, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I understand wanting a new clinic & new perspective, I dread my first OB ultrasound because of the memory. Also that's why I've put off bloodwork, I just can't take the stress of low beta or progesterone. For now ignorance is bliss. I feel totally normal & although I still have a nagging worry that something's not right, the lack of concrete evidence from blood & ultrasound just lets me push it away & enjoy my vacation. After all, there's nothing I can do either way & it is entirely possible everything is fine. Wait & see I guess. I'll get a bloodtest when I get home on the 10th.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#334 of 767 Old 06-05-2013, 02:11 PM

Toothfairy - I'm glad you've found a way to ease the anxiety a bit! My fingers are crossed that everything ends up ok. Are you traveling for your vacation or relaxing at home?

#335 of 767 Old 06-05-2013, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

I'm about 4 hours from home in Vermont. Admittedly I've been more reckless activity wise than I may be if I actually felt pregnant. I've been swimming, lugging around my niece & nephew & doing some light hiking. Last time I was so so so careful & look how that turned out. I'm hoping my ease & attitude are sending positive growing energy & endorphins to a growing babe. If it isn't going to work out I firmly believe nothing could've been done to prevent it so I'm as responsibly as possible enjoying my vacation. I'm not drinking or sitting in the hot tub or sauna, just trying to be normal.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#336 of 767 Old 06-06-2013, 10:22 AM

Toothfairy - I agree that it's probably better to be relaxed than to be super stressed out about doing everything perfectly! And if your pregnancy is meant to be, then I doubt any the stuff you are doing will harm your baby! When you think about all the people who don't even know they're pregnant until much later and do all kind of crazy shit like alcohol, drugs, etc and go on to have healthy babies, I don't think you have anything at all to feel guilty about! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

AFM - DH and I have been naturally TTC this month even though it seems unlikely that it could work. Well my clinic just called and asked me to get a beta done tomorrow (at 9dpo) to make sure my levels are back to 0 after my miscarriage. So in the unlikely event that I did get pregnant naturally this month, I could potentially find out tomorrow when I have my beta! Of course if it is positive my clinic will probably assume that it's from last time I was pregnant so I'm sure there will be a lot of confusion.

#337 of 767 Old 06-06-2013, 11:48 AM

Sourire - you never know, right? I was reading about egg donation yesterday and there was a lady who got pregnant naturally right after a failed donor egg cycle. I was reading through her LONG sig file of treatment after treatment and then whoa! natural pregnancy. I find those stories annoying when other people tell them to meshy.gif, but they do give me some faint hope.

I was supposed to do a HPT last Thursday to confirm that I am not pregnant (wtf is up with that?) but I didn't do it, it seems ridiculous and I really don't need another reason to burst into tears.

toothfairy - lots of healthy baby vibes to you! I understand wanting to hold off on getting too excited. 

I get really annoyed by the "don't lift anything, don't do housework" etc instructions that the fertility clinics give. And then when I have a miscarriage they say "nothing you did could have caused it." Well, which is it? It can't possibly be both and I think it's awful. I do think the activity restrictions are nothing but superstition, and that seems like the last thing you want to hear from a doctor. I wouldn't run a marathon or anything, but who can get through a day without lifting 10 pounds? My purse probably weighs 10 pounds ffs.

Okay, obviously I'm still bitter. I just made plans for go-karting and hot tubbing on the weekend. Maybe doing all the things a pregnant lady can't will make me feel better.

#338 of 767 Old 06-06-2013, 11:55 AM

This seems to be our most recent list? I know it's way out of date, but I didn't want to move anybody.

Spring IVF Members dust.gif
COPY AND PASTE INTO THREAD WITH ANY UPDATES

Kewpie80 Me:PCOS Him:Vericocele, low motility, low morphology. Currently gathering information and funds for next fresh cycle. 2 Embies currently on ice.

Silverbird Two failed IVF and now waiting to see what life holds for me.

toothfairy2be (27) TTC#1 Since Nov 2009. Endometriosis & Anti-Thyroid Antibodies, low-side AMH. LAP March 2012. Tried Clomid/Femara/Gonal-F and 4 IUIs. First IVF successful Jan 2013 ended in m/c & d/c at 10w. Natural cycle FET planned for May 2013.

tracyamber Failed FET February 2013 second FET April 22,2013

nievestevens

Xerxella - After many losses, I've gotten old. We're trying IVF to overcome DOR and hormonal imbalances.

wannabemomi

indie1976

teresaresa

Laggie - severe MFI. Two IVF miscarriages. Not sure what is next - will keep trying until the end of 2013.

Currently doing IVF/FET: praying.gif

Tracyamber

indie1976

Xerxella

Beta Dates:

Winter BFPs pos.gif

guppyluv

Suzie McCool

RCR!!!!!

Lilacvioletiris

Sourire

#339 of 767 Old 06-06-2013, 12:22 PM

Laggie - haha you made me laugh with your 10 pound purse. Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun. What I do for fun nowadays is eat tons of sugar so I can be on a constant sugar high haha. It makes me feel good.

I've been meaning to update the list but I can't bring myself to take my name off the BFP list because it depresses the crap out of me. But I simultaneously hate the fact that my name is still on there. Arg! If anyone else wants to move me I'd be grateful smile.gif

#340 of 767 Old 06-06-2013, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Just popping in to say hi...I had no idea so much conversation was going on. I got no emails! Anyway,Laggie that is an old list but I too am feeling discouraged these days and even though I will be doing another FET in July I feel like I don't even want to tell anyone the date or when I am on the tww or anything. I think in a way I am grieving that this really is our last chance and it may not happen. Sourie, thanks for the info on the other thread! 

#341 of 767 Old 06-07-2013, 06:00 AM

Tracy, you don't have to tell us anything about your FET if you don't want to! I promise not to ask any questions smile.gif

It sounds like we'll be FET buddies for the 3rd time in a row since my FET will be in July too... It's about time we caught a break! We should be pregnancy buddies instead!

#342 of 767 Old 06-07-2013, 05:26 PM

Yes, let's be pregnancy buddies instead!!!!

#343 of 767 Old 06-09-2013, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Hi guys!

Congrats TF. I think you're on the right track. If I ever make it to a FET, I don't want to know the betas. They'll just make me depressed (unless they're super great) and truly, nothing can be done anyways.

AFM- I'm pretty sure I ovulated in the last couple if days. So once AF shows I'll start my cycle. I've followed up with a reproductive immunologist and completely stumped her. My losses make no sense to her, too. But, she's running a bunch more tests.

I've run across a new possibility. A mild form of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. It's symptoms are elevated progesterone (check) and low blood pressure (check). The severe form has virulization of the genitalia, which I don't have! But, the mild form may be as common as 1% of the population! But, it doesn't answer how I had 2 healthy children first, but, maybe they were the fluke! Anyways, it's just a theory. I'll talk to the RI about it and maybe she can test for it.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#344 of 767 Old 06-10-2013, 07:27 AM

Xerxella - I'm glad you're moving forward with a new cycle soon. I hope that with all those tests your RI can find an answer! Not knowing what is going on is the worst!

Toothfairy - I believe your beta was today. Keep us posted!

AFM - My beta on Friday at 9 dpo was negative. On Sunday at 11 dpo I had a BFN and I also started having a ton of spotting so I decided to stop taking the Crinone even though it's really early because I've just given up hope for this cycle! So I'll probably get AF tomorrow and get back on Lupron again. I'm really not looking forward to the Lupron!

This cycle was the first time in a long time that I've taken hormones without doing acupuncture. I've been doing acupuncture since August 2012 and I have had almost no medication side effects in that time (other than hot flashes from Lupron). Before acupucture I had insane mood swings and panic attacks when I was on Crinone, and they completely disappeared when I did acupuncture. Well after my miscarriage I stopped the acupuncture. I believe that acupuncture may have caused my miscarriage because everything was going great with my pregnancy and then I went for an acupuncture session and immediately afterwards I started bleeding profusely and the next day I found out that my betas had suddenly dropped. So now I'm terrified of going back to acupuncture, but for the last few days I've been having constant panic attacks from the Crinone so I don't know if I can survive another FET without it! I have no idea what to do, I feel trapped...

#345 of 767 Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Hi all:

Just stalking you and popping in to say hi. I miss all of you and I am cheering all of you on, in hopes that you will be joining us on the other side soon.

xoxoxo

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#346 of 767 Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Things aren't looking good for us. Beta was only 682 today at 25dpo. With a BFP at 13dpo there's no way it is doubling even close to 48 hours. I feel lost in my own world. It's hard to even imagine this could happen to us twice after all we have been through. I know I'm preaching to the choir, you all understand. It just helps to say out loud how unfair & unjust this is. I just don't understand...

#347 of 767 Old 06-10-2013, 11:19 AM

Sourire - I started bleeding right after a prenatal yoga class when I had my first miscarriage - at first I felt like I must have done something in the class that caused it. But the thing is, the fetus would have stopped developing for at least a few days before the bleeding started - probably longer. The beta numbers can still look good because it takes a while for your body to realize that the fetus isn't along for the ride any more, so it keeps happily pumping out hormones. I don't know if it makes you feel better or not, but I doubt that acupuncture was the problem. Plus the studies on acupuncture with IVF have shown a benefit.

I found this book really helpful as far as putting my mind at ease about whether I caused the miscarriages.

http://books.google.ca/books/about/Miscarriage.html?id=dnNd2ya8BBgC&redir_esc=y

rcr - hi!

#348 of 767 Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 AM

Oh no toothfairy!!!! I agree with you 100% that is ridiculously unfair. How much suffering do we have to go through before we get our take home babies? At some point there's a limit to how much a person can handle and to have 2 miscarriages in a row after so many years TTC really seems beyond the limit. Even 1 miscarriage is too much! You really don't deserve to have this much bad luck rained on you.

Sending you a billion hugs. I'm literally crying because I'm so sad for you and how you must feel right now.

#349 of 767 Old 06-10-2013, 12:41 PM

Toothfairy/Cait~ I am sorry about this....I have no words and it is unfair and it is angering! I am sending you and your dh hugs and try to be gentle  to yourselves and  stay strong. I am sorry again.

#350 of 767 Old 06-10-2013, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Sourire- I agree with the others that it seems unlikely that the acupuncture caused the miscarriage. But, if you're worried about it just do acupuncture until retrieval or transfer and then stop. That way you get your benefits with the side effects, but won't be concerned about it causing miscarriage.

Tooth fairy- I'm so sorry things aren't looking positive. It really is beta hell. I'm so sorry. There really are no words.

Rcr, tracy and laggie- hi!!

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#351 of 767 Old 06-10-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Sourire- I agree with the others that it seems unlikely that the acupuncture caused the miscarriage. But, if you're worried about it just do acupuncture until retrieval or transfer and then stop. That way you get your benefits with the side effects, but won't be concerned about it causing miscarriage.

Tooth fairy- I'm so sorry things aren't looking positive. It really is beta hell. I'm so sorry. There really are no words.

Rcr, tracy and laggie- hi!!

That's what I was thinking Sourire....maybe a different acupuncturist???? 

Hi Xerxella, I have been thinking about you,glad your cycle could be coming soon.

Cait` when is your next beta test??

#352 of 767 Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I am sorry TF, it is not fair. It is totally not fair at all.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#353 of 767 Old 06-11-2013, 07:21 AM

I know it seems crazy that acupuncture could have caused my miscarriage but I honestly can't convince myself otherwise. My acupuncturist is an expert in treating IVF patients as well as treating people in early pregnancy and I truly trust her... but it's impossible for me to believe that what happened was a coincidence!

My first beta at 15dpo was 340, at 17dpo I was at 750 so right from the start I had an excellent doubling time. By 20dpo (the day before that acupuncture treatment) my levels were above 2000, so they were still increasing just as fast! I was having increasing nausea every day as the betas went up and on 21dpo my nausea had gotten so bad that I came very very close to throwing up my lunch so I'm convinced my betas were still increasing at that point!

Then I went to my acupuncture later that same day. My acupuncturist commented that based on my betas it looked like I had a very strong pregnancy. My acupuncturist doesn't place the needles herself, she had other (less experienced) acupuncturists who place the needles in the locations she tells them to. Usually my needles are always placed by the same guy who I know and trust but this time it was a different guy that I don't really know.

As soon as I got home from acupuncture I went to the bathroom and there was an incredible amount of blood. The next morning I went for a beta and it was 1800. My nausea had also disappeared and it never came back.

After about 24 hours the bleeding mostly stopped and my betas started going up again (more slowly though). 2 days after my beta of 1800 I had another beta of 2500. On my ultrasound a week later we saw that the baby had continued to grow (though it was measuring a few days behind).

Basically it seems like there was a traumatic event that almost killed my baby, and the baby struggled to get back on track afterwards but eventually failed. That traumatic event occurred at the exact same moment as my acupuncture treatment, and you're asking me to believe that was just a coincidence? I'm sorry but I can't. I know that there ARE acupuncture points that are not safe in pregnancy, and that early pregnancy is very fragile.

Anyways I do trust my acupuncturist but I will never again accept to be treated by that assistant who placed the needles on the day I started bleeding! I'm going to have to go back just because it helps so much with my side effects but I'm going to tell them the whole story and I'm going to let them know that the minute I get my next BFP I'm not doing anymore treatments!

#354 of 767 Old 06-11-2013, 07:58 AM

I guess I was not clear when I quoted above...I was referring to you doing the acupuncture just for the medication symptoms and not when you are pregnant. I have no idea what caused the loss of your baby and do not know how likely or unlikely it may be. If your gut says it was the acupuncture than it was. That is also why I thought maybe you'd want to go to someone different because you may have bad feelings with your current acupuncturist..You are right there are points to not do during pregnancy. I am sorry for your loss again Sourire...it's not easy. I was wondering if I should even do acupuncture at all after two failed and questioned if it was the acupuncture I have had after the transfer...but I'm just trying to find answers there and have no evidence.  This journey really sucks though!

#355 of 767 Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 AM

Toothfairy - I'm so sorry. I didn't see your post when I posted last.

Sourire - I'm sorry if I upset you. You need to trust your gut on this one. I'm very sorry for your loss. 

#356 of 767 Old 06-11-2013, 12:47 PM

Laggie/Tracy - I'm not offended or upset by what anyone has said. Sorry if I came off that way, I just wanted to explain why I'm so convinced about this even though I realize it seems improbable. You guys are a great support and I'm so glad I have you all to talk to about this. I haven't been able to bring myself to talk to anyone else about this stuff because its so upsetting.

#357 of 767 Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im Carrie and Im out of lurkdom. I've been reading, off and on, for quite some time... Trying to absorb some of your knowledge.

We will be trying our first (and hopefully only wink1.gif ) IVF cycle.

The hubby and I both check out fine. We have been ttc for about 8 years and have done a few IUIs with no luck.

We had our initial consult with the RE just after Memorial Day. I went in for the blood work up and pictures of the inside of my uterus yesterday. He said that everything looked great and that the blood work would be all in by Friday. The big test he is waiting for is the AMH and that will help him finalize my protocol. Everything is moving very quickly... So exciting!

He did say that I have "sleepy ovaries" that don't produce many follicles. This is what is excluding us from the shared risk/money back plan. That was pretty crushing for us. Scratching the money together for this wasnt easy. This may be our only chance greensad.gif I am also slightly under weight, but working on that. It seems I'm just one of thoses people who can eat anything. Within reason of course, I can't eat gluten and we choose not to eat crap smile.gif

Am I missing anything?
#358 of 767 Old 06-11-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

Laggie/Tracy - I'm not offended or upset by what anyone has said. Sorry if I came off that way, I just wanted to explain why I'm so convinced about this even though I realize it seems improbable. You guys are a great support and I'm so glad I have you all to talk to about this. I haven't been able to bring myself to talk to anyone else about this stuff because its so upsetting.

You had me scared for a minute!!!!!!! I only want to be supportive of all of us on this crazy journey. I am glad I have you too to talk to cause I do not have any friends that really get it!!!

#359 of 767 Old 06-12-2013, 06:17 AM

Welcome Carrie, I'm glad you are joining us! 8 years is a crazy long time to be TTC, I can't even imagine! I also have issues with being underweight but the month-long sugar and ice cream binge I've been on since my miscarriage has helped me gain a few pounds for the first time ever... I'm not sure that eating this much crap will improve my fertility though :P The good news about being underweight is that the fertility meds may have a stronger effect on you which could help you produce more follicles. I'm really hoping you get success with your first IVF, plenty of people do!

#360 of 767 Old 06-12-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelionsrflowers View Post

Im Carrie and Im out of lurkdom. I've been reading, off and on, for quite some time... Trying to absorb some of your knowledge.

We will be trying our first (and hopefully only wink1.gif ) IVF cycle.

The hubby and I both check out fine. We have been ttc for about 8 years and have done a few IUIs with no luck.

We had our initial consult with the RE just after Memorial Day. I went in for the blood work up and pictures of the inside of my uterus yesterday. He said that everything looked great and that the blood work would be all in by Friday. The big test he is waiting for is the AMH and that will help him finalize my protocol. Everything is moving very quickly... So exciting!

He did say that I have "sleepy ovaries" that don't produce many follicles. This is what is excluding us from the shared risk/money back plan. That was pretty crushing for us. Scratching the money together for this wasnt easy. This may be our only chance greensad.gif I am also slightly under weight, but working on that. It seems I'm just one of thoses people who can eat anything. Within reason of course, I can't eat gluten and we choose not to eat crap smile.gif

Am I missing anything?

Welcome Carrie!!!

I will write a little more later today.....

Tags
Fertility And Conception The Essential Guide To Boosting Your Fertility And Conceiving A Healthy Bab , Fertility Indicator Bioself , Fertility Goddess Sovata , Fertility 60 Tips , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide , Infertility

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page