Spring IVF 2013 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

#391 of 767 Old 06-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 551 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Hi all - Sorry I've been MIA.

tracy - I'm excited for your triplets! July is just around the corner. Is it early or late July?

tf - Are you kidding me? If I ever get there, I think I'll stick around the TTC realm until they put the baby in my arms. Until then, I won't believe it. (And, I'm buying one of those Angel monitors because I'm sure something will still go wrong.)

indie - DH and I had the donor embryo talk, too. I was excited to find out he was open to donor embryos. Just knowing that all of this isn't our last shot is relaxing. Maybe if we got to that point, we wouldn't do it, but it's good to know it's on the table. About your questions, my doc only freezes blastocysts. They say their lab is so good that if the embryo won't grow in their lab, it won't grow in you. hhhmmmm I'm not so sure about that, but they have excellent studies and statistics to back up their claim, so... I think if there was a 3 day-er that wasn't looking good you could go for a transfer of that and hope the others make it to blast.

Sourire - I'm glad you've talked to the acupuncturist. I think you're plan is a good one. Just do the acupuncture until transfer. smile.gif And, I completely don't believe in breaks. Let's face it, obviously our bodies are broken anyways. How does letting a broken car sit in your driveway for a year help it to get running again? It doesn't. It's ridiculous. Our bodies aren't working as they should and until we do something to fix that problem they will continue to not work as they should.

Sourire - AND..... Ugh. People say such stupid things. I just had to tell my boss I couldn't do a week long, out of country trip at the end of this month. Why? Wellllll.... I told him I have a female problem that I don't have any answers to. It's very concerning. I'm working with multiple doctors and the next step is to do testing everyday during certain parts of my cycle. That part of my cycle will fall in the next 2 weeks. Completely true, but.... I feel really guilty. He didn't ask any questions (and as a male boss I knew when I said female problems he wouldn't ask any more questions), but the whole topic is always hard. I prefer not to say anything if possible. Especially since I have children already, I knew if I said IVF he'd think I was crazy.

rcr, laggie, becky and anyone else I missed - Hi! wave.gif

AFM - We took the family on vacation to Yellowstone and it was wonderful. The good news is I also ovulated while out there (it wasn't hard to avoid getting together with 2 kids in the same room....) and when I got back my HCG was at 0.1, so officially no longer pregnant. Now, I'm just waiting for my period to come to start this next cycle (sometime this week). I'm much, much less excited this time around. It just seems like such an impossible mountain to climb. I have looked into a Reproductive Immunologist and they took all the bloodwork and I later found out that the NKC count isn't covered. greensad.gif That could be about $1500! Now I know why they call them Natural Killer Cells! Anyways, today I have an u/s that looks at the bloodflow to the uterus and ovaries in a different way than they've looked before (?). It's all from the RI. So, hopefully they'll also have the results of the bloodwork.

UPDATE! So they did have all my bloodwork back and I do, in fact, have elevated NKCs. I'm shocked. I thought it'd be one more appointment where they tell me there's nothing wrong. So there's at least 2 factors at work here. Increased endometrial receptivity probably caused by elevated progesterone and high NKCs. Basically, my uterus invites everyone to dinner, everyone sits down and then I kill them. (A little gallows humor there).

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to AJ 4/07
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Genevieve 5/09

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14
and his guardian angel Billy

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#392 of 767 Old 06-17-2013, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Hi all - Sorry I've been MIA.

tracy - I'm excited for your triplets! July is just around the corner. Is it early or late July?

tf - Are you kidding me? If I ever get there, I think I'll stick around the TTC realm until they put the baby in my arms. Until then, I won't believe it. (And, I'm buying one of those Angel monitors because I'm sure something will still go wrong.)

indie - DH and I had the donor embryo talk, too. I was excited to find out he was open to donor embryos. Just knowing that all of this isn't our last shot is relaxing. Maybe if we got to that point, we wouldn't do it, but it's good to know it's on the table. About your questions, my doc only freezes blastocysts. They say their lab is so good that if the embryo won't grow in their lab, it won't grow in you. hhhmmmm I'm not so sure about that, but they have excellent studies and statistics to back up their claim, so... I think if there was a 3 day-er that wasn't looking good you could go for a transfer of that and hope the others make it to blast.

Sourire - I'm glad you've talked to the acupuncturist. I think you're plan is a good one. Just do the acupuncture until transfer. smile.gif And, I completely don't believe in breaks. Let's face it, obviously our bodies are broken anyways. How does letting a broken car sit in your driveway for a year help it to get running again? It doesn't. It's ridiculous. Our bodies aren't working as they should and until we do something to fix that problem they will continue to not work as they should.

Sourire - AND..... Ugh. People say such stupid things. I just had to tell my boss I couldn't do a week long, out of country trip at the end of this month. Why? Wellllll.... I told him I have a female problem that I don't have any answers to. It's very concerning. I'm working with multiple doctors and the next step is to do testing everyday during certain parts of my cycle. That part of my cycle will fall in the next 2 weeks. Completely true, but.... I feel really guilty. He didn't ask any questions (and as a male boss I knew when I said female problems he wouldn't ask any more questions), but the whole topic is always hard. I prefer not to say anything if possible. Especially since I have children already, I knew if I said IVF he'd think I was crazy.

rcr, laggie, becky and anyone else I missed - Hi! wave.gif

AFM - We took the family on vacation to Yellowstone and it was wonderful. The good news is I also ovulated while out there (it wasn't hard to avoid getting together with 2 kids in the same room....) and when I got back my HCG was at 0.1, so officially no longer pregnant. Now, I'm just waiting for my period to come to start this next cycle (sometime this week). I'm much, much less excited this time around. It just seems like such an impossible mountain to climb. I have looked into a Reproductive Immunologist and they took all the bloodwork and I later found out that the NKC count isn't covered. greensad.gif That could be about $1500! Now I know why they call them Natural Killer Cells! Anyways, today I have an u/s that looks at the bloodflow to the uterus and ovaries in a different way than they've looked before (?). It's all from the RI. So, hopefully they'll also have the results of the bloodwork.

UPDATE! So they did have all my bloodwork back and I do, in fact, have elevated NKCs. I'm shocked. I thought it'd be one more appointment where they tell me there's nothing wrong. So there's at least 2 factors at work here. Increased endometrial receptivity probably caused by elevated progesterone and high NKCs. Basically, my uterus invites everyone to dinner, everyone sits down and then I kill them. (A little gallows humor there).

X~ Question,what do they do about NKC???  So,curious and I like your analogy.

#393 of 767 Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Xerxella - I'm so excited that they've found a problem they can fix for you! Does your clinic do intralipids? Could you skip IVF and just go straight to the intralipids next time you are pregnant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Well I agree that a break will do nothing to help my endometriosis and could even make it worse. However I have to agree with my acupuncturist that 2 years of non-stop fertility meds is very hard on the body and I do totally see the point of taking a break from the meds, I just don't know if I can actually bring myself to do it. The meds can really wear you down after a while, and I have no doubt that they are making my endometriosis worse as my symptoms have been getting more severe with time. I hate all these meds sooooo much, and I hate even more that I've been taking them for so long. I just want to be done with infertility.

Me (32), married to DH (36)
3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013

Mom to Liliana born May 2014

#394 of 767 Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 AM

Sourire - Hugs. I need to watch my tone sometimes. Everyone should always do what they need to do to get through all of this. I was thinking of myself and I hate it when people tell me to take a break or just stop trying so hard and it'll happen. greensad.gifhug.gif You're so great to have around here. I hope you find answers and a path that's right for you.

The treatment for NKCs is intralipids and the doc I'm with already has a plan for me to be on them, so that's good. But, since I also have the problem of the elevated P4 it's unlikely that intralipids alone will solve the problem, although if I end up pregnant I will certainly try them.

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#395 of 767 Old 06-19-2013, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly, ATM I'm a little overwhelmed reading everything right now... But I am thinking of you all <3

Toothfairy- I just got my AMH results back today (1.66) and they said it was "normal". I am not sure what this means as far as speepy ovaries? We are still trying to figure out if we are freezing or not. Originally I was pretty happy things were moving quickly... Now I'm just feeling overwhelmed.

Tracyamber- any dietary advice is welcome. I'm trying to make sure that I get lots of healthy fats and some extra protein. I did go see an acupuncturist a while back and really didn't notice a whole lot of difference. He didn't specialize in fertility or anything. Unfortunately we are rather limited in this area. I hadn't considered it with IVF.

I should get my protocol tomorrow...
#396 of 767 Old 06-20-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelionsrflowers View Post

Honestly, ATM I'm a little overwhelmed reading everything right now... But I am thinking of you all <3

Toothfairy- I just got my AMH results back today (1.66) and they said it was "normal". I am not sure what this means as far as speepy ovaries? We are still trying to figure out if we are freezing or not. Originally I was pretty happy things were moving quickly... Now I'm just feeling overwhelmed.

Tracyamber- any dietary advice is welcome. I'm trying to make sure that I get lots of healthy fats and some extra protein. I did go see an acupuncturist a while back and really didn't notice a whole lot of difference. He didn't specialize in fertility or anything. Unfortunately we are rather limited in this area. I hadn't considered it with IVF.

I should get my protocol tomorrow...

It is overwhelming....don't worry about it. SOmetimes I just skim posts and end up asking questions later that someone else may have asked. it's okay,we are all pretty easy going here.

Detail of your protocol please!!!!!!!!! It's exciting.  When is your estimated transfer date?

Sounds like you are eating all the right foods. DOn't forget the almonds!!!! :) And I cut out caffeine and only ate sugar(chocolate..I love chocolate)when I really felt I could use a a small piece to keep me going.  There is a day when you are not doing any medication.. I think it is the day before you trigger. A friend and I called the "bliss day" That day I ate whatever I wanted and had ice cream(I had cut out dairy too) .

#397 of 767 Old 06-20-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

The meds can really wear you down after a while, and I have no doubt that they are making my endometriosis worse as my symptoms have been getting more severe with time. I hate all these meds sooooo much, and I hate even more that I've been taking them for so long. I just want to be done with infertility.

truedat.gif

I feel like I am always on some sort of emotional roller-coaster. I hope you are well today. Is work better this week?

#398 of 767 Old 06-20-2013, 12:35 PM

Dandelions - how exciting that you are getting your protocol! Let us know what it is!

Becky and indie - how are your cycles going?

Tracy - how was your move? Work for me is alright, I'm surviving.

AFM - I'm going through some crazy stuff (what else is new? Haha). I'm on day 10 of my cycle and I'm still bleeding heavily. Usually I only have 4-5 days of red flow in my cycle so this is not normal for me. I had a lot of clots too... Like one every hour for the first 6 days of my cycle. What is going on? I've lost so much blood I'm worried about anemia. I've been feeling really dizzy and tired and lightheaded. I called my clinic and they're having me come in tomorrow to get checked out.

Also yesterday was a crazy day. I woke up and I was just feeling so incredibly depressed. I have no idea what caused it. It was so bad that I was actually seriously considering slitting my wrists. I had no intention of killing myself, but I just felt the need to have an exterior manifestation of my pain to match how awful I felt inside. Looking back obviously that sounds like a very very bad idea, but at the time I was in such a f*cked up state of mind that it seemed totally reasonable. Luckily I talked to my DH about it and he talked me out of it. Then I went to see my psychologist. She doesn't think that I was in any real danger of actually harming myself. I'm feeling better today.

#399 of 767 Old 06-20-2013, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sourire - I was warned to expect depression as a result of hormone fluctuations after my miscarriage. I was really not functional for the first few weeks. They also told me that I would probably have a very heavy first period afterwards - I didn't, but I generally have very light flow, so I guess that might be why. Not that you shouldn't get it checked, but hopefully it's within the range of normal. Are you taking any iron supplements? hug.gif I hope you're feeling better today. Please call your doctor if you're afraid of hurting yourself. It's great that you can talk about those feelings with your husband, I would be too scared.

Twin Boys born August 16, 2014

#400 of 767 Old 06-20-2013, 01:39 PM

OMG Sourire!!!!!!!!!

That must have been crazy feeling. I am glad you were able to rationalize the situation and have folks to talk to. Did your psychologist prescribe you anything? Does she think it was a one time thing? Oh, that must have been scary too for your dh but glad he could be a sounding and rational board. Maybe it's the heavy bleeding too that is causing/caused these symptoms. 

Glad you are feeling better.

We are here to listen!!!*hugs*

#401 of 767 Old 06-20-2013, 05:45 PM

Sourire- wow. That must have been really scary. I'm glad you have your psychologist to talk to. I wonder if the blood loss had something up do with it. It might not be a bad idea to take some iron just in case. Let us know what the doc says tomorrow.

Dandelion- I 2nd (3rd?) the request to know your protocol. Have you started already? As soon as my period gets here I'll be starting a cycle too. It'll be a standard antagonist cycle. Follistim and Menopur and then add in ganirelix.

Hi EOE! wave.gif

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#402 of 767 Old 06-20-2013, 07:36 PM

Sourire- {hugs}

I didn't get the protocol today greensad.gif the dr. Will sign off on it tomorrow. On the plus side the office is hooking me up with $1500 worth of sample meds!

X- Sunday should be day one for me. From what I understand, I'll start BCP on day three. I still don't quite get the BC thing.... Off to look it up smile.gif
#403 of 767 Old 06-21-2013, 11:36 AM

Laggie - I wish I had gotten the info you received about miscarriages, but I'm glad that you shared it with me! It makes sense that both the extra long period and the depression could be caused by a hormonal imbalance stemming from my miscarriage. I'm not taking any iron supplements but I'm trying to eat lots of iron-rich foods and drink plenty of fluids.

Tracy - my psychologist does not have the ability to prescribe medications. She thought it could happen again but we talked about ways to deal with it if it does happen - her main advice is to talk to someone as soon as I can.

Dandelion - from what I understand, one of the functions of bcp is to prevent your body from starting to grow any follicles so that they can all start growing at the same time and you can have a whole bunch around the same size. In a normal cycle your follicles will start growing even before you start your period and a dominant follicle will begin to assert itself very early in your cycle. In IVF you want to avoid having a dominant follicle because it can prevent the other follicles from developing properly. If you have any other questions feel free to ask because many of us have probably wondered the same thing in the past and looked it up! We're happy to share our knowledge!

AFM - after my horrible depression episode on Wednesday I felt so much better the next day. It felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. My psychologist mentioned that this depression episode might have been a way for me to let go of some emotions I still had about my miscarriage, and it must have worked because I'm in such a good mood now, I haven't felt this happy in ages.

It looks like I won't be having an appointment at the fertility clinic after all to check out my bleeding. I have not been able to get in touch with any nurses in order to get an appointment time. It's frustrating but the good news is, I don't really need the appointment anymore. I went to see my acupuncturist last night and he did a bunch of stuff to stop the bleeding and the results were pretty much miraculous. My bleeding slowed almost immediately and today all I have is a tiny bit of spotting. My husband, who's always been really sceptical about the benefits of acupuncture, is now a total believer. All my fatigue and dizziness has disappeared as well so I am feeling better than I've felt in weeks!

#404 of 767 Old 06-21-2013, 12:51 PM

Praying for all!!!I read alot of various post some our hard to read without crying... Hugs 😢
#405 of 767 Old 06-21-2013, 02:08 PM

Dandelion- so your period should start on Sunday or is it just the day designated by the docs office? Sourire explained the BCP best. How long will you be on BCPs for?

Sourire- I'm glad you're feeling so much better. That's wonderful. The acupuncture seems to help you on a number of levels.

Hi texasgal! wave.gif

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#406 of 767 Old 06-21-2013, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 263 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I'm having another miscarriage, same cause as the last. Will be doing recurrent pregnancy loss testing after everything is sorted out but we will not be doing IVF again so I'm leaving the thread. I wish you all the best in success and happiness. I'm happy to keep in touch via private messages or e-mail if anyone is ever inclined. xoxo

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#407 of 767 Old 06-21-2013, 06:49 PM

Toothfairy - greensad.gifgreensad.gifgreensad.gif This is so heartbreaking. I hope you will be ok eventually.

#408 of 767 Old 06-21-2013, 07:27 PM

Cait

I am sorry to hear about this again. To put it plainly......it sucks and I wish I could do something. ****HUGS*******

#409 of 767 Old 06-22-2013, 07:08 AM

Xerella- I did Acupuncture prior to retrieval/ transfer will do again for future preg and pain management.
#410 of 767 Old 06-22-2013, 11:36 AM

How is everyone today??

Sourie..still feeling good?

Indie...what's going on...did you start af or is it bc pills?I'm sorry I forgot exactly where you are in your cycle.

Dandelion...what's your protocol?

Texasgal...you should be in ivf graduates...I know you are scared but the women there are very kind and helpful. Is your doctor's appointment this week? Are you 8 or 9 weeks now?

X`..whats happening with you?

afm

I am doing fine. Busy moving ,done packing but looking for a coastal house is exhausting. Today is sunny and we are on our way to a kite festival.

#411 of 767 Old 06-22-2013, 08:32 PM

toothfairy - I'm so sorry, that is heartbreaking. 

Sourire - I thought I was past the depressed phase, but today I've been feeling just awful again. I think I ovulated yesterday so maybe that's why. Hopefully yours won't come back though - it sounds like you have a wonderful acupuncturist.

#412 of 767 Old 06-22-2013, 09:49 PM

Oh,Laggie...I'm sorry I forgot to ask you how you were doing in my previous post. I knew I was forgetting someone. I am sorry you are feeling a bit blue. Do you think the ovulation is contributing? Where are you in your cycle? Do you have someone to help process through your feelings? You can pm me anytime too,I am a great listener!!

#413 of 767 Old 06-24-2013, 12:10 AM

I have some meds remaining if needed for free!!! Lupron , suppository vag progesterone, syringes, menpor, two boxes stimul meds.
#414 of 767 Old 06-24-2013, 07:17 AM

toothfairy - I'm so sorry. Make sure they do all the Reproductive Immunology testing, too. Most docs don't do that with the regular testing and it's worth it to go see a specialist. I've heard it's not uncommon to have other autoimmune issues with endometriosis. (((Hugs))) hug.gif

Laggie - Hugs. How are you feeling today?

tracy - How was the kite festival? It sounds wonderful. I've tried to fly a kite and failed miserably. orngtongue.gif Apparently, all my kites love trees. treehugger.gif

AFM - My period came on Saturday and today was my first appointment. I was shocked to find everything looking really well! They're more laid back at this office, but that's fine with me. I already know the gist of what to do I just need the lab work. orngtongue.gif So, the u/s tech said my ovaries looked great and she saw 6-7 antral follicles per ovary! That's great news! After the BCP and Dexamethasome I only had 2-3 follicles total! So, I'm excited at having 12-14 players at the beginning of my cycle. Well, I'm on 375 iu Follistim and 150 iu Menopur every night. And, my next appointment is on Thursday morning. I'm glad they're not checking everyday. It's too much work and too many chances of looking too hard. My last doc would've cancelled me before I even made it to Thursday! Well, that's it. Grow follicles, GROW! goodvibes.gif

Mom to AJ 4/07
and Genevieve 5/09

#415 of 767 Old 06-24-2013, 08:14 AM

My Protocol...

X - I just started my cycle today, naturally.

6/24-7/9 BCP

7/10 Baseline tests

7/12 Start Lupron (diluted) 2x per day, 50mcg

7/14 Follitism (dosage?  I could not find this written anywhere?)

HCG Trigger

Egg Retreval and Transfer will be sometime the week of 7/21

I will be taking progesterone, but I don't know if it's injection or suppository.

It seemed a lot less detailed than I was expecting...

Is there anything that I'm missing?

#416 of 767 Old 06-24-2013, 08:56 AM

X~  Grow follicles!!!!!!

#417 of 767 Old 06-24-2013, 09:38 AM

Use IM progesterone, hopefully oral later on...bad results with the cream which causes some imbalance hormonal issues, I feel like the cream triggered my bleeding episode. I hate to say I gave myself little extra progesterone IM daily. over doses on gonal-f the first night silly me. However i did have one shot of menpor only early in process.. I didnt realize how crazy/ stress out... Still in float.. Keep strong ladies...
#418 of 767 Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 AM

Thanks Tracy, that is sweet of you. Don't worry, I know it's hard to keep track of everybody. I'm feeling better today - I am still having a crampy pain in my left ovary though, and it has hurt since my egg retrieval in March. I wonder what that is about, maybe a cyst?

It looks like we're going to try IUI with donor sperm next month. It's the opposite of what our doctor is recommending (donor eggs) but I feel like I have to try this before we move on to anything else. I have an appointment with a new RE on August 1st as well, to see what she thinks about my case.

dandelions - good luck next month! When I got my schedule it didn't have much info either, they gave me one with dosages and whatnot after the first ultrasound.

Xerxella - that is wonderful, I would be so excited to have that many follicles.

#419 of 767 Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM

Tracy - I'm still having some ups and downs. Have you found a house yet? Are you looking to buy or rent? When is moving day?

Laggie - I'm sorry you're feeling down. Hugs.

Xerxella - wow it sounds like your cycle is off to a fabulous start. It sucks that you had to go through all the trial and error part of IVF in your previous cycles, I'm hoping they've finally found your magic formula this time!

dandelion - for the Follistim dosage it will probably vary throughout your cycle. I'm surprised they didn't tell you what type of progesterone you'll be taking. I'll be having a transfer the same week as you so well be cycle buddies.

#420 of 767 Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 PM

Keep strong Ladies!!! The whole process is strenuous/ stressful..One hurdle to jump over and many more to come. I love my acupuncture doctor she specialized infertility. Will be in contact with her this week.... Praying Keep God n Faith.

Tags
Fertility And Conception The Essential Guide To Boosting Your Fertility And Conceiving A Healthy Bab , Fertility Indicator Bioself , Fertility Goddess Sovata , Fertility 60 Tips , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide , Infertility

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page