Spring IVF 2013 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 767 Old 06-26-2013, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)

Thanks texasgal...you are always so sweet. Hope you are staying off your feet!!!

#422 of 767 Old 06-26-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

Tracy - I'm still having some ups and downs. Have you found a house yet? Are you looking to buy or rent? When is moving day?

Laggie - I'm sorry you're feeling down. Hugs.

Xerxella - wow it sounds like your cycle is off to a fabulous start. It sucks that you had to go through all the trial and error part of IVF in your previous cycles, I'm hoping they've finally found your magic formula this time!

dandelion - for the Follistim dosage it will probably vary throughout your cycle. I'm surprised they didn't tell you what type of progesterone you'll be taking. I'll be having a transfer the same week as you so well be cycle buddies.

I'm sorry to hear this Sourire. What are some things that make you feel good? If you could try to do them during this time... maybe one a day maybe that will help. I dunno *hugs* to you.

No, we have not found a house. We are looking to rent for less than a year while we house shop to buy. This makes it hard to find a rental without a one year lease and it has become difficult to navigate a city 3 hours away from where we are now.  Moving day is Friday.......into storage. We will be bouncing between my dh parent's house in one city and my parent's house on the coast until we find something. Thanks for asking.

#423 of 767 Old 06-27-2013, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Tracy - Ugh. That sounds like a lot of work. I hate to between homes. It's so stressful. Hugs to you. I hope you find some permanence soon.

Sourire - How are you doing? Between you and Tracy, we have a lot of excitement coming up in July. You'll do your transfer in July, right?

AFM - Today's u/s was not surprising, but not exciting either. With all those antral follicles I was hoping to have a better response. But, there are only 6 follicles growing with the largest being a 10. It's early yet, so hopefully more little guys will pop up. And, at this time during the cancelled cycles I only had 2 and 3 follicles growing, so I guess 6 is a lot better. My next check in is Saturday.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#424 of 767 Old 06-27-2013, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Tracy - wow your housing situation sounds so stressful. Good luck finding a house. What makes me feel good is not having to spend time with friends and family who have babies. Lately we've been doing a lot of that (every single weekend) and I always feel like I'm on the verge of a panic attack when the babies are around. I survive these events by getting drunk. DH always makes me feel super guilty when I refuse to hang out with these people so I've let myself be sucked into a lot of situations i didn't want to be in lately.

Xerxella - do they measure your follicles manually or via 3D ultrasound? At my clinic they use 3D ultrasound which measures follicles as small as 2mm. At my first u/s in my IVF cycle I had 30 follicles between 2 and 10mm. I thought for sure the 2mm ones would never make it to maturity but I ended up having 29 mature follicles at retrieval so I guess they did make it. So I'm optimistic about you having a few more follicles at your next ultrasound!

AFM - here's my schedule for my FET :
July 9 - start estrogen patches
July 20 - lining check
July 22 - start Crinone
July 25 - transfer 1 3-day embryo
August 6 - beta
It feels like its coming up so soon, less than 2 weeks until I begin!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#425 of 767 Old 06-27-2013, 11:03 AM

Sourire - Thanks. That does make me feel a lot better. The u/s tech barely looked. She just kinda glanced around and it's definitely NOT a 3D u/s. So, hopefully, some of them will catch up. Did they give you any change in protocol after the first u/s? I'd love it if there was a secret way to get them to catch up. orngtongue.gif

I can't believe you're almost starting this FET cycle. That's great. Are they doing anything different this time? How many embryos do you have left?

#426 of 767 Old 06-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Xerxella - they didn't change my med dosages until after the 2nd ultrasound when the 3D ultrasound machine measured over FIFTY follicles between 2mm and 15mm and they realised I was on the fast track to OHSS...it's hard to belive that 20 new follicles could have popped up in 2 days but that what happened. So hopefully you can get a few as well! My protocol for this FET is almost identical to last one. The main differences are that I'm only taking Lupron for 1 month beforehand instead of 2 (I've already started having hot flashes so I'm glad I only have to live with them for 2 more weeks instead of 6 more weeks) and I'm skipping the endometrial biopsy because it was too painful. Another difference is that I'm transferring a 3-day embryo instead of a blast because I've run out of blasts. I have 5 frosties remaining, but we're only transferring 1 this time... I'm horribly paranoid about twins! Since fertility treatments are free here I'm quite happy to do 5 FETs with my 5 frosties... statistically at least one of them has got to work, it's only a matter of time until my next BFP :)

#427 of 767 Old 06-27-2013, 02:55 PM

X~ I hope more follicles start showing!! That is great you have 6 so far......that is good news.

Sourire~ You crack me up sometimes.....at least are you drinking a good beer when you are at these events?? I cannot believe your cycle is already here. That is exciting!!!

afm~

Yes the move is a bit stressful but I am handling it better than I thought. My in-laws are great and it is nice to get away to the coastal house too. Being in town allows me to do things I enjoy. The house we moved/moving from was an hour+ from a city. Today I went thrift shopping and bought a tank top..lol And, I have acupuncture Friday and it's just 15 minutes away!...and my birthday is on the 2nd and we are actually going out to eat!!! The Olive Garden..I love their salads..wish they were organic though but hey,we are 15 minutes away. cannot have it all right?

#428 of 767 Old 06-29-2013, 06:19 PM

So still just 6 growing. I wish I had gained some more, but at least I didn't lose any. They are 13, 12.3, 12.3, 9.1, 8.6 and 8. I continue on my meds now at 375 follistim and 150 Menopur. And tomorrow night I add in ganirelix. In good news my estrogen was at 237. So it appears to be doubling right on schedule. In an interesting side note I now know EWCM appears right about at an estrogen level of 200. :P

My next appointment is Monday morning.

#429 of 767 Old 06-29-2013, 10:22 PM

EWCM definitely at 436!!!!

#430 of 767 Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 AM

Tracy - happy birthday in advance!

Xerxella - sorry you didn't get any new follicles but hopefully you have 6 good ones growing now! Keep us posted about how things go at your appointment this morning.

AFM - My FET cycle was supposed to start a week from tomorrow, but I've decided to delay it by 1 month. My body just doesn't seem ready. After my crazy period where I lost way too much blood, I started spotting again a week later. Last time I was on Lupron I never had any spotting so this feels wrong. Also I have some kind of vaginal infection going on, I've never been so itchy down there! So I just feel like I can't start next week. I'll be doing an extra month of Lupron while waiting so hopefully that will increase my chances. Also this means that I'll have time to get the results from my anti phospholipid test before I start my FET cycle.

#431 of 767 Old 07-01-2013, 06:07 AM

Sourire - I think listening to your body is a great idea. I don't really know a lot bout endometriosis, but I thought a long lead in with Lupron was a good idea. (?)

Tracy - Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!!!!

AFM - Sorry I'm dominating the board with the detail of my cycle, but it's just hard to talk about all this with anyone who hasn't gone through it. So... I had an u/s this morning and the 5 follicles on my left grew perfectly. They all grew 4mm in sync. So, I now have a 17.5, 16, 16, 14, 12. The lazy left side does not want to come to the party and that follicle stayed ay 8.6 and didn't grow at all. greensad.gif I go in tomorrow morning for another monitoring session. I hate losing any along the way. In good news, my Progesterone has shockingly stayed perfectly low at 0.6! I have no idea what that means.

#432 of 767 Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

Tracy - happy birthday in advance!

Xerxella - sorry you didn't get any new follicles but hopefully you have 6 good ones growing now! Keep us posted about how things go at your appointment this morning.

AFM - My FET cycle was supposed to start a week from tomorrow, but I've decided to delay it by 1 month. My body just doesn't seem ready. After my crazy period where I lost way too much blood, I started spotting again a week later. Last time I was on Lupron I never had any spotting so this feels wrong. Also I have some kind of vaginal infection going on, I've never been so itchy down there! So I just feel like I can't start next week. I'll be doing an extra month of Lupron while waiting so hopefully that will increase my chances. Also this means that I'll have time to get the results from my anti phospholipid test before I start my FET cycle.

WOW!!! How strong of you to listen to your body........Good for you sourire. Sorry about your itching! I know a great homeopathic that works well if you want the name.

*hugs to you*

#433 of 767 Old 07-01-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Sourire - I think listening to your body is a great idea. I don't really know a lot bout endometriosis, but I thought a long lead in with Lupron was a good idea. (?)

Tracy - Happy Birthday!!!!!!

AFM - Sorry I'm dominating the board with the detail of my cycle, but it's just hard to talk about all this with anyone who hasn't gone through it. So... I had an u/s this morning and the 5 follicles on my left grew perfectly. They all grew 4mm in sync. So, I now have a 17.5, 16, 16, 14, 12. The lazy left side does not want to come to the party and that follicle stayed ay 8.6 and didn't grow at all. greensad.gif I go in tomorrow morning for another monitoring session. I hate losing any along the way. In good news, my Progesterone has shockingly stayed perfectly low at 0.6! I have no idea what that means.

You are not dominating. I love hearing your progress. It is too quiet here. Im sorry about the lazy side. Glad your progesterone is low...that is good right? Sounds like it.

afm` thanks for the birthday sentiments for my big day Tuesday. time flies.......I cannot wait to go out to dinner..9 people so far. I feel special. 

#434 of 767 Old 07-01-2013, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

So, we're having our frozen embryos shipped out here from NC to UT soon.  We've gone back and forth on whether or not to do another fresh first or just go ahead with the frozen.  We're thinking we will go with frozen.  We have 2 embryos in this vial.  My thinking is that I don't know if I can handle more than 2 more kids if both take and we have a second set of twins.  So, we'll transfer these 2 and then make a decision about a fresh depending on the outcome.  I just barely turned 33, so the door on fresh isn't closed yet.  From what I understand, they CAN be shipped and kept frozen and don't have to be used right away.  That's what we're hoping for and then maybe doing our next cycle either this fall or spring.  

So I guess my next step is to get the paperwork done for the move and then find a doctor out here to have them moved to.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#435 of 767 Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 AM

Hi Kewpie. So, the 2 embryos are in the same vial? Therefore you'd have to defrost them both at the same time, right? I have a friend who, as a result of IVF, has 2 sets of twins under 2 years old. It's crazy, but as she says, she's never known any different. However it works out, you'll figure a way to cope with it all and it'll be alright. (((Hugs))) hug.gif So, when will you start?

Tracy - Happy Birthday!!!!!!

partytime.gifbirthday.gifpartytime.gif

#436 of 767 Old 07-02-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:

Xerxella - you're absolutely right. The longer I take Lupron, the more my endometriosis will be suppressed so my chances will be better. Some people take it for up to 6 months. Sorry you lost a follicle along the way. I hope the remaining 5 turn into fabulous embryos! Any word on when your retrieval might be? Feel free to dominate as much as you want, you're the one with the most excitement going on these days!

Tracy - happy birthday! Enjoy your dinner. How old are you turning? What's the homeopathic remedy? I have a whole box full of homeopathic remedies so I might have it already. I went to the doctor and he thinks I have a yeast infection even though there is no discharge. Apparently a yeast infection can be internal (in which case you have discharge) or external (in which case you don't). I never suspected a yeast infection because of the lack of discharge. Anyways he gave me some meds for the infection so hopefully it clears up soon.

Kewpie - how exciting that you're getting started again soon. Good luck getting your embryos shipped!

#437 of 767 Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 PM

Aww thanks for the birthday sentiments!!!!!!!!! I did have a nice dinner with coconut cream pie.....

Sourire I turned 38..yep..old but it's the new 30  hehe

Vitanica  yeast aid is awesome and Simpler's Yeast aid is great for the itching on the outside!

#438 of 767 Old 07-03-2013, 08:59 AM

tracy - Hey, I just turned 38, too. smile.gif

Sourire - I hope you take just the Lupron just long enough to suppress the endo, but not drive you completely hormonally crazy... dizzy.gifhammer.gifsplat.gifhopmad.gifdizzy.gif

AFM - So, the follicles continue to grow exactly as they're supposed to at about 2mm a day. I now have a 22, 20, 19, 17.5, 16 and one extra 13 on the right hand side that decided to come out and play. (The lonely one on the left side only grew a little and is now at 9.5, so really isn't a contender.) The nurse seemed to think the 13 would definitely be in play, but it seems a little too far behind to me to be a contender, but whatever. It's nice to have one more. So, technically 6 follicles. Eh. It's as good as I'm going to get. I'll probably trigger tonight, but I'm waiting on the final call. So, retrieval is probably Friday....

ETA- bah. I'm so annoyed. They want me to do meds one more day, so I go in tomorrow for another scan. I think that's waiting too long. Won't the 22 be over mature? I've been growing right on track and so they'd be 24, 22, 21, 19, 18, 15. I don't know. That seems too late to me. I don't know. I also don't like that my docs not making these decisions. She's off today, so some doc I've never heard of is making these decisions.

I'm also disappointed that my estrogen only rose to 757. It should clearly be higher. Bah. I'm stressing.

What were everybody else's follicle sizes at trigger?

#439 of 767 Old 07-03-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:

tracy - Hey, I just turned 38, too. smile.gif

Sourire - I hope you take just the Lupron just long enough to suppress the endo, but not drive you completely hormonally crazy... dizzy.gifhammer.gifsplat.gifhopmad.gifdizzy.gif

AFM - So, the follicles continue to grow exactly as they're supposed to at about 2mm a day. I now have a 22, 20, 19, 17.5, 16 and one extra 13 on the right hand side that decided to come out and play. (The lonely one on the left side only grew a little and is now at 9.5, so really isn't a contender.) The nurse seemed to think the 13 would definitely be in play, but it seems a little too far behind to me to be a contender, but whatever. It's nice to have one more. So, technically 6 follicles. Eh. It's as good as I'm going to get. I'll probably trigger tonight, but I'm waiting on the final call. So, retrieval is probably Friday....

ETA- bah. I'm so annoyed. They want me to do meds one more day, so I go in tomorrow for another scan. I think that's waiting too long. Won't the 22 be over mature? I've been growing right on track and so they'd be 24, 22, 21, 19, 18, 15. I don't know. That seems too late to me. I don't know. I also don't like that my docs not making these decisions. She's off today, so some doc I've never heard of is making these decisions.

I'm also disappointed that my estrogen only rose to 757. It should clearly be higher. Bah. I'm stressing.

What were everybody else's follicle sizes at trigger?

Did you ask about over maturation?Is there a way your doctor can at least be contacted today even though she is off? Sorry about the stress and I do not have any advice and do not remember my follicle sizes before triggering.  ** hugs Mama!!***

#440 of 767 Old 07-03-2013, 02:40 PM

xerxella - yep, same vial.  We're debating whether to do it this fall or next spring.  

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#441 of 767 Old 07-03-2013, 07:25 PM

Xerxella - I've read that a natural ovulation will occur when the follicle is around 26mm. I don't think you need to worry about over maturation. There's a small chance the biggest one will be over mature (I honestly doubt it) but if you had triggered today that 13mm one definitely wouldn't have been mature and the 16mm one would have been borderline. So it sounds like by triggering tomorrow you'll end up with more mature follicles than if you had triggered today.

I've heard lots of stories of ladies having low or no fertilization due to triggering too early, but I've never heard of anyone triggering too late!

#442 of 767 Old 07-04-2013, 09:18 AM

Thanks Sourire. I hope you're right.

Tracy- I did ask about over maturation yesterday and today and they are not at all concerned. The nurse said what Sourire said in that they felt that 28 and bigger would be over mature. We'll see.

AFM- today they were at 23, 23, 21, 20, 18 and 15 and the one on the left decided to grow and is now at 11.5. I'll find out in a few hours if I definitely trigger tonight for a retrieval Saturday.

ETA- well estrogen is right on track at 1027. So we'll trigger tonight at 8:20 for a retrieval Saturday morning. So here goes.

#443 of 767 Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks Sourire. I hope you're right.

Tracy- I did ask about over maturation yesterday and today and they are not at all concerned. The nurse said what Sourire said in that they felt that 28 and bigger would be over mature. We'll see.

AFM- today they were at 23, 23, 21, 20, 18 and 15 and the one on the left decided to grow and is now at 11.5. I'll find out in a few hours if I definitely trigger tonight for a retrieval Saturday.

ETA- well estrogen is right on track at 1027. So we'll trigger tonight at 8:20 for a retrieval Saturday morning. So here goes.

Good luck Saturday morning!!!!!! Let's us know how the retrieval goes okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#444 of 767 Old 07-06-2013, 04:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,
Just thinking of all of you going through ivf or preparing to go through it soon! With 4 weeks to go until my due date, I never thought I would be sitting here and still cant believe it some days. Stay strong, and when you feel that you are not, know that others are thinking of you and truly hoping the best for you all...
#445 of 767 Old 07-06-2013, 07:20 AM

Thinking of you today Xerxella! I hope all goes well.

#446 of 767 Old 07-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Thanks bucket of rain! I really don't think any of this craziness will work, but guess sometimes it actually does.

AFM- 9 eggs today. So that's good. I guess 2 of the too small to count follicles had eggs. I wouldn't expect those to be mature and fertilize, but I'll find out for sure tomorrow when they give me the fertilization report.

#447 of 767 Old 07-06-2013, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies! Wow time flies. I'm trying to catch up on all the posts. I've been dealing with a headache so I haven't been on the computer much. Yes, it was Viagra suppositories to help thicken the lining. Glad to be done with that. We did our egg retrieval and got 40 eggs...34 fertilized and 5 days later we transferred 2 embryos. The egg retrieval was pretty rough. I passed out a couple times and even had a trip to the ER. But I'm good now and just finishing up the 2ww. I have my first blood test on Monday morning. I made these HOPE jars out of my med vials. Never give up HOPE

I just want to wish everyone luck. I tried to prepare myself for the emotional and physical journey this would be. Never did I imagine it would be this hard. Hang in there everyone.

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#448 of 767 Old 07-06-2013, 10:25 PM

xerxella - I hope you get a good report!

Becky - 34?  WOW!!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#449 of 767 Old 07-07-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:

Thanks bucket of rain! I really don't think any of this craziness will work, but guess sometimes it actually does.

AFM- 9 eggs today. So that's good. I guess 2 of the too small to count follicles had eggs. I wouldn't expect those to be mature and fertilize, but I'll find out for sure tomorrow when they give me the fertilization report.

How exciting,9 is good...waiting for the report!!!!!!

#450 of 767 Old 07-07-2013, 07:05 AM

Becky! Wow, you are testing on Monday????? Sending positive results your way....don't let us wait so long this time  ........lol for an update.

Tags
Fertility And Conception The Essential Guide To Boosting Your Fertility And Conceiving A Healthy Bab , Fertility Indicator Bioself , Fertility Goddess Sovata , Fertility 60 Tips , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide , Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page