Spring IVF 2013 - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-17-2013, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guppyluv View Post

Dandelion --nice betas! My day 14 was 325 and doubled exactly to 650 two days later... That was with 3 embies which became my triplets (still incubating!). Fingers crossed for your two embies -- never know might be a pair in there smile.gif

TracyA- add me to the lot of stalkers following you! smile.gif good luck with the adoption route. I had always planned to have one and adopt one... Then I scored a hat trick... Odd sometimes the way life unrolls. All the best on your new adventure!

As for OPKs. I moved to digital early on as I couldn't deal with ambiguity of the faint line! I like the smiley better than the pregnant/not pregnant text! Only from a psychological point of view!

Lots of warm wishes to all!

HAha,I have actually been stalking you too mama. I am hoping your babies stay for 2+more weeks. It is incredible that your babies all 3 of them are doing well and have stayed put..triplets and all. That 3D picture is so cute....I almost cried guppy! I am so happy for you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggie View Post

I did another OPK this morning and the line was very dark. So I think I may have jumped the gun yesterday. Oh well, time will tell I guess. Next month I'll be more patient. We're planning a weekend trip to Vancouver Island this weekend, I bought a VW Vanagon a couple of weeks ago so doing the repairs on that is keeping me busy. It's a beater, but I needed a project. So far I've changed the clutch master cylinder and one axle. Tomorrow I'm picking up a ton of parts for it, and finishing up the most important repairs, so we can drive it to the Island on Friday.

Laggie! you changed the master cylinder and an axle??????????????????? Wow! a woman of many trades I wish I could do all that!!! When will you test??

Old 08-17-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

I'm in Utah currently.  This will be my 3rd IVF.

Were your other two IVF in Utah? I ask because you said you had narrowed it down to two clinics. Good luck with those appointments.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:26 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post

Laggie! you changed the master cylinder and an axle??????????????????? Wow! a woman of many trades I wish I could do all that!!! When will you test??

I was thinking that too. Wow, Laggie, you are awesome! I can't even change a spark plug or a tire!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post

Were your other two IVF in Utah? I ask because you said you had narrowed it down to two clinics. Good luck with those appointments.

Nope, they were both in North Carolina.  I've picked the clinic I'll be going with.  Hopefully my consult will be in the next week or two.  It can be tough to get into this place, I'm told.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Old 08-18-2013, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been staying away for a little while because I am discouraged and nervous - I had my RE appointment with DH. So far EVERYTHING is normal, which is great, but why isn't this happening for us?! The plan is one cycle of more tests, then starting Clomid and she suggested about 6 cycles of Clomid before moving right to IVF (which is apparently the best course for unexplained infertility). My health insurance plan says "Assistive Reproductive Technology" covered 100% after deductible, but when I called Highmark, they said IVF is not covered - so I have a little digging to do to find out what is what - if we get to that. I want to be mentally (and financially) prepared if we end up having to do IVF and pay for it out of pocket. I know that if my insurance DID cover IVF that I would be in the minority.... I just assumed that when it said ART was covered, that IVF was under that.... any insight, ladies?

I read a few pages, so I'm not sure who said they had a reaction to Clomid (and that you've had reactions to Sulfa)... that makes me nervous, since I've had reactions to Sulfa before, too... I just don't know what they were exactly because I was young and have had a lot of different reactions to different antibiotics.

Congrats, Dandelion - I was almost in tears when I read your post.

I will be thinking of you and sending prayers up for your transfer, sourire.

Tracy - It is crazy that there is an age limit, just another crazy hurdle for good people to have to go through in order to have children....

I should be waiting to know, FF says I'm 6 DPO.

Me (29) & DH (29) 9.5 years together, 2 years married, TTC since 4/2012.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

I was thinking that too. Wow, Laggie, you are awesome! I can't even change a spark plug or a tire!

Sure you can, you just don't want to. love.gif Both of those are easy to learn in about 10 minutes if you wanted to do it. I used to be young and broke and drove a '66 VW bus, which means I had to learn to fix it, nobody else would. I kind of thought those days were behind me, but lo and behold I'm doing it again. This engine is a lot more complicated though. I may need to start slow. Axles are a job I've done many times, so they are easy, just greasy. The repair that I attempted last week did not go as well, I ended up towing it to a shop. redface.gif Oops. 

As for testing, I'm supposed to go for a progesterone test tomorrow and then a beta on the 27th. I think our timing was off, but who knows. The percentages for IUI are depressing. DH is supposed to have his sperm tested for DNA fragmentation, but the clinic hasn't called him about it yet. If that test comes back normal then we would have to move to donor eggs.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 08-19-2013, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Marcyse, my insurance (blue cross blue shield) covered ivf, icsi, iui but didn't cover sperm freezing or embryo freezing. I asked my RE for the insurance code numbers than called up my insurance company with the codes to see if they were covered or not. Set my mind at ease when I knew what parts I would have to pay out of pocket for. Good luck dealing with the insurance side of treatment.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:38 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggie View Post

Sure you can, you just don't want to. love.gif Both of those are easy to learn in about 10 minutes if you wanted to do it. I used to be young and broke and drove a '66 VW bus, which means I had to learn to fix it, nobody else would. I kind of thought those days were behind me, but lo and behold I'm doing it again. This engine is a lot more complicated though. I may need to start slow. Axles are a job I've done many times, so they are easy, just greasy. The repair that I attempted last week did not go as well, I ended up towing it to a shop. redface.gif Oops. 

Yea, good point. I was just getting after DS for saying that he "can't" read a few words that I was asking him to read. I said the same thing... you can, you just don't want to.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Sourire - Good luck with your transfer! Wednesday's almost here! Your lining sounds great. Do I remember correctly that you're doing a SET of a 5 day embryo?

Kewpie - I hope you continue to like everything about your new clinic. It's hard to know what's right and it's even harder to change. Good luck at the first appointment.

marycse - I think alot of people have a reaction to Sulfa. (I know I do.) But, I've never had a problem with any of the IVF meds. Yes, you definitely have to check everything with the insurance companies. For instance, I had one doc run the Natural Killer Cell tests and it cost me $1800!!!!!! Another doc ran the same set of tests and it was completely covered. Check codes and make sure it's in network, etc. Just a thought, depending on your age, IUI with injectibles might not be a bad option. Honestly 6 cycles of clomid sounds like alot. If you're going to spend 6 months before you get to IVF, personally I'd try Clomid for 2 and then move on to injectibles, especially if it's covered. But, that's just my opinion.

Tracy - I'm sorry there's an age limit on adoption. That's ridiculous! Thinking of you.

Laggie - I'm pulling for you! I think there's a good egg in there somewhere. And, with good sperm you've got to have some good chances, right?

AFM - My period hit Saturday, so I went in today. Everything looked good on the ultrasound and they were supposed to call with my bloodwork results, but they never did. greensad.gif But, they already had me starting on meds and were just going to call and confirm to start. Well, I started anyways. 450iu Follistim, 150iu Menopur and Saizen. Let's hope this works. My next appointment is set for Thursday.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Old 08-20-2013, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Xerxella - glad things are getting moving for you again. I'm actually transferring a single 3 day embryo, I used up all my blasts already.

Marcyse - I think 6 cycles of Clomid is too much, especially since the side effects tend to be really bad. I'd do 3 cycles max and then do 3 IUIs before moving on to IVF. Your insurance would probably cover IUIs.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 08-20-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

Xerxella - glad things are getting moving for you again. I'm actually transferring a single 3 day embryo, I used up all my blasts already.

Marcyse - I think 6 cycles of Clomid is too much, especially since the side effects tend to be really bad. I'd do 3 cycles max and then do 3 IUIs before moving on to IVF. Your insurance would probably cover IUIs.

A single 3 day embryo sounds good to me...........will be thinking of you Wednesday Sourire!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:25 AM

Sourire - Good luck with your transfer today!

Xerxella - Injections already! Now things are going to move fast. You're freezing them again this cycle right? I don't know how you have the patience to not put an embryo back right away.

marcyse - it was me that had the rash from Clomid, but it ended up going away in one day. It's probably a coincidence that I'm allergic to Sulfa as well, the similarity is just that both cause a rash allergic reaction.

My progesterone was at 78 so I think that's pretty high. I am starting to imagine pregnancy symptoms. Do my nipples look different? Am I queasy? So funny. I know it's impossible to tell at this point and yet I do this every time. Beta on the 27th!

Old 08-21-2013, 04:29 PM

Laggie - are you planning to test before your beta?

AFM - my transfer went great today. I transferred one great quality 8-cell embryo. My mom came with me for the transfer instead of DH since she is in town visiting and was interested in seeing the process. I also did acupuncture before & after transfer. Now comes the hard part: waiting! I'm used to transferring blasts so the wait will be even longer this time, I don't know how I'll survive!

Old 08-21-2013, 04:32 PM

Sourrie~ are you back at work? will that keep you busy?? How long is your mom visiting? Can she pamper you? Congrats on a great transfer!!!!!

Laggie~ Yes, will you just wait till the 27th? 

Old 08-21-2013, 08:06 PM

My mom, dad, sister and brother in law are all here until Friday... I wish they could stay longer! I'm on vacation but I go back to work on Monday... I find it hard to work during the 2ww, I wish I could take more vacation time but unfortunately I'm all out until the end of the year :( It sucks to use up all your vacation time for fertility treatments. If I do another FET before the end of the year I'll have to take unpaid time off work, bleh.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:09 AM

Sourire- so glad your transfer went well. I was thinking of you all day. Hope your 2ww flys by <3
Old 08-22-2013, 10:26 AM

I'm not planning to POAS. If I'm going to be disappointed, I prefer to only be disappointed once instead of over and over and over. I do have 10 pregnancy tests in the cupboard though, taunting me (they came with my OPKs). Last night I dreamed that I got a positive pregnancy stick, but then discovered it was an OPK stick instead so I was wrong. I think I'll stay away from the tests.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:37 AM

Laggie - A positive OPK at this point would be the same as a positive HPT..... just saying... The 27th sounds so far away.

Sourire - That transfer sounds great! I'm so excited for you! Hopefully you won't need any more time off before May sometime. BTW, have you tried Letrozole with one of your transfers? I was reading about how Letrozole may help women with endometriosis with implantation. If you're interested maybe they'd be willing to do a natural cycle with Letrozole for your FET? Here's the discussion on how many women with endometriosis are lacking Beta3 Integrin: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11326914 And, here's the study were they talk about how women lacking the Beta3 Integrin were helped with Letrozole: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22246449 And, just ignore me if this is all old news....

wave.gif to Tracy, rcr, dandelions and everyone else.

AFM - So the u/s and blood was this morning. It was fine, not great. There were 5 measurable follicles. I was hoping for something amazing, but it's fine. Last time at this appointment I had 6 measurable follicles. Meh. For the record they are; 11.9, 10.5, 9.7, 9.4, 9.3 and a few smaller ones on the right that she didn't count. There all about 1 mm bigger than they were at this point last cycle, but I started at a higher dose this time, too. My estrogen was at 65 on Monday and 202 today. My next appointment is Saturday.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:41 PM

Xerxella - I hope you get at least as many follicles as you did last time. Thanks for sharing those studies, they are pretty interesting. I believe Letrozole = Femara and I took Femara for all 5 of my IUI's and never got a BFP. I've also heard that Lupron can help with that beta3 Integrin problem and I was on Lupron for my last successful FET and am on it for my current FET as well so hopefully that will increase my chances. I didn't take Lupron for my first FET and got a BFN so it really might be that Lupron is the key for me!

Old 08-23-2013, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Coming out of lurkdom.... Sourire - keeping my fingers crossed that this is it for you!! Laggie - Like X said a positive OPK is actually a good sign... I have never been an addictive POASer but when I got pg last year I just knew it worked and couldn't help myself... but DH didn't want me to so I didn't have any in the house... but what I did have were some OPK's and that was the first positive I got a few days before I pee'd on a real HPT!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Keeping everyone else in my t&p's too! Good luck!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 08-24-2013, 10:04 PM

Sourire - Yes, letrozole and femara are the same thing. I'm always hoping there's an easy answer out there for all of us, but I know that's not reality. I hope these long months of Lupron do the trick for you.

AFM - Monitoring this morning went well. They found some more follicles! smile.gif 8! They are 15.9, 13.5, 13.5, 13.1, 12.7, 12.6, 10.9, 9.4 and there were 6 others that were too small to count. I wish the 15.9 wasn't so far ahead of the others, but I like that there are 5 in the same 12-13 range. Estrogen was at 393. So it doubled as it should, which is good. I go in next Monday for another monitoring session. My guess is I'll trigger Tuesday for a retrieval on Thursday, but that's just a guess. I'd really like it if the Ganirelix I started tonight slowed the biggest one down and gave the others time to catch up. We'll find out more on Monday. Wish me luck.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:12 PM

X~ Will you trigger Tuesday? I am glad more follicles are cooperating this time for you!

Old 08-27-2013, 06:16 AM

X- how did your appointment go?

Laggie- good luck with your beta today!!!

We had our ultrasound yesterday and it looks like twins! (x-you were right smile.gif ) We saw two little fluttering heartbeats. Hopefully the doc will report that everything is progressing normally today...
Old 08-27-2013, 08:31 AM

dandelions - That's great!!!!! Good for you!!!! Twins! And were they both measuring on track?

Laggie - Good luck with your beta today!!!! Did you test this morning so you'd be prepared for the results?

AFM - I got the bad u/s tech yesterday. She measured the follicles at 18.6, 17.1, 15.8, 13.9, 12.8, 12.6, 12.2, 9. I am certainly NO u/s tech, but I can watch and learn something along the way and I watched as she missed some of the follicles. Also, I don't think she did a good job measuring. She was the tech I had last week too when I was sure she missed some follicles and sure enough, she had! They measured them on Saturday and it was clear she had missed some. Anyways, I'll go back to a different office on Wednesday for my next check up, so at least I won't have her again. My Estrogen was at 573. So, it's ok, but the Ganirelix really slows the estrogen down. greensad.gif So, next check tomorrow and that's the earliest I could trigger is Wednesday night, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they pushed me out until Thursday night for the trigger because my estrogen seems to run low.... Retrieval would then be Friday or Saturday.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

congrats dandelionsrflowers!  Two little heart beats are amazing to see!

Xerxella, boo on the bad ultrasound tech! One of my last ultrasounds I had a new tech looking at follicles and it took forever. By the time it was done my legs and body were shaking so bad from being in the stirrups for so long. I had come to the appointment alone that day and it took me probably 30 minutes after the ultrasound to feel like I would be okay to walk and drive.  Hope your next u/s is better and that your trigger goes well.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 AM

Congrats Dandelion on your twins!!

X~ Hopefully trigger on Wednesday then...the waiting game is no fun.

Laggie~ was totally thinking of you this morning. Waiting!

Sourire~ Are you keeping busy??? Hope so.

Afm~ Hi!

Old 08-27-2013, 11:48 AM

lilac - How's the age of viability feel? Wow, that's got to be great to get to that point! smile.gif

Laggie - Stalking.... privateeyes.giflurk.gifwhistling.gifbag.gif

Old 08-27-2013, 03:09 PM

Laggie - hope to hear from you soon!

Xerxella - well if you have more follicles than those listed it sounds like it will really be a great cycle for you.

dandelion - twins! How exciting! Congrats on seeing those heartbeats, I'm dreaming of the day I get to see a heartbeat!

Tracy - yes I've definitely been keeping busy! My family left last Friday, but then we travelled out of town for the weekend to visit some other family, and Monday I went back to work. Only 3 more days until I plan to start testing - I'm feeling optimistic because yesterday evening I started having some cramping that really reminded me of the cramps I had last time I was pregnant. 6dp3dt today.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:48 PM

sourire. Yay for cramping! I'll be thinking of you!

It is super exciting... And a little scary smile.gif They baby a is measuring 6wk2day and baby b is measuring 6wk1day. I was 6wk4day at the appointment. Sounds like anything + or - 4 days is good.

Tags
Fertility And Conception The Essential Guide To Boosting Your Fertility And Conceiving A Healthy Bab , Fertility Indicator Bioself , Fertility Goddess Sovata , Fertility 60 Tips , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide , Infertility
User Tag List