Spring IVF 2013 - Page 24 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#691 of 767 Old 10-10-2013, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Becky- what do you mean by your October ivf cycle was cancelled because of high estrogen levels? Was it before you started your cycle? Was it due to a cyst? Hugs for you that your back here. hug.gif

AFM- my period started today. I go in tomorrow for my baseline.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#692 of 767 Old 10-10-2013, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm just waiting for my cycle to start so I can move on to the injections.  I am having a really weird cycle though (I still Chart)  My pre O temps were higher than normal, my post O temps lower and 7-9DPO my temp dropped to the coverline and I was super crampy thought I was going to wake up with af today, but my temp is back up. I'm due for AF sometime between Sun and Tues. My LP has not settled in since getting my cycle back it has been between 12 and 14 days.  12, 12, 12, 14, 13, & ?

DH got the job in MD but decided not to take it.  Sooo soon he will be transitioning into taking over his father's business.  This will make ttc much easier on me, and save us the cost of freezing the goods. 

DS 4/11

#693 of 767 Old 10-10-2013, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

stretch - sorry, it's been so long since I did any charting that I don't really remember much about how it works. I hope you get to start your cycle soon though! Not that starting injections is any fun, but waiting is worse.

Xerxella - you must be looking forward to finally transferring some embryos. I don't know how you stay so logical about it, I wouldn't have the patience to freeze them all and wait until later. Are you doing PGD? (sorry, I don't remember)

Becky - Welcome back? I know nobody wants to be back...

tracy - I know what you mean, I would consider donor embryos if they were available to me. A baby on the doorstep would be even better though.

KeliG - Hi! Did you have your beta yet? 

AFM - egg donation isn't illegal in Canada, but paying for it is illegal, so it's normally only done between friends and family. You can buy eggs from the US, but my clinic is charging $20K for that, and you get 6 frozen eggs. I do have a friend who offered, but she is 37 and it would cost more to do that than to do the Greek donor, so I think I'm better off with somebody younger. It was incredible of her to offer though, and she has such a cute kid it's tempting.

I've been having a dull aching/cramping feeling in my lower abdomen for the past few weeks. Do you think it could be related to the last IUI I did in September? I would think that if it was an infection, it would hurt more, but it's weird cramps that aren't going away. No fever or other symptoms, and I'm definitely not pregnant. OTOH, I'm also afraid it could be celiac disease. My sister has it and so does my grandma. I'm afraid the doctor will think I'm a hypochondriac if I go in and say that...

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#694 of 767 Old 10-14-2013, 02:34 PM

Stretch- Did you get your period? Are your temps still high? You know what I'm thinking.

Laggie- I'd get it checked out and rule out celiac. Especially because you have a family history and it can be a cause of miscarriage. Or just cut out gluten on your own and see how you feel.

EOE- wave.gif

AFM- my period hit Thursday. The baseline was Friday, everything looked good and I started stims. I had a check today and I have 14 follicles growing!!! That's great for me. One is at 11 and all the rest are 10 and under, so they don't give specific measurements for them. My next check is Wednesday.

#695 of 767 Old 10-14-2013, 07:23 PM

I got AF Sun Evening I go in tomorrow for B/W and Wanding.  I really think I may be dealing with low progesterone now on top of what our issue was last time.  I need to mention it to the dr when I see him. Thogh they never believe my diagnosis via charting.

X- Woo Hoo on the 14 follies.

DS 4/11

#696 of 767 Old 10-15-2013, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
X - I'm hoping this is a record cycle for you smile.gif

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#697 of 767 Old 10-16-2013, 11:05 AM

Sourire - 10 weeks!!! Wow. Time flies. I checked out your blog. That sucks about the day and night morning sickness. ((Hugs)). It's no fun even if you asked for it! :P

Stretch- I think just about every doc puts their ivf patients on progesterone after transfer anyways. So if you have low progesterone it really doesn't matter since they'll be supplementing it anyways. And if you're doing a natural cycle or IUI just ask for it. I've found that docs give progesterone away pretty freely. How did your appointment go?

AFM - eh. It's not as good as my last cycle, but better than my first. I've got about 6 good follicles in the running and a few smaller ones that may or may not join the party. They are 14.5, 12, 10 and 9 on my right and 12, 10 and 6 on my left with 6 smaller ones between the 2 sides. In good news my lining is already an 8.8. Estrogen is at 187. My next check is Friday.

Update: On Friday the same follicles were growing. They are now 17, 17, 15.5, 12.5, 12, 11, 11. But my linings at 11, so that's good.

#698 of 767 Old 10-18-2013, 09:24 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Hi all: just popping in to see how everybody is doing.

X - I hope a few of those little ones catch up.

Laggie - any news? What's up with the weird cramps - did they stop?

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#699 of 767 Old 10-18-2013, 01:22 PM

Oh, they went away the day after I called the nurse about them (of course). She wanted me to go in for my beta, I assume to rule out an ectopic... but I'm pretty sure that would have been a sharp pain, this was just an ache. And it's gone now, so I don't want to do the stupid beta test. I had a completely normal period, and no spotting or bleeding since.

Now I just have to figure out how to get them to do the satellite monitoring for our egg donor cycle in Greece. My doctor said he would do it at no charge, but then I sent him the forms from the other clinic (twice) and now he's ignoring me. So I might have to go elsewhere - there is another clinic in town, where we went for a second opinion a few months ago, so I might just go there. We need to get our flights booked, we'll be in Greece over Christmas holidays.

#700 of 767 Old 10-19-2013, 06:29 AM

Laggie- That's so soon!!! That's awesome!!! So do you have any more details yet? I'm so excited for you!

RCR - how's everything going? I guess I'll have to stalk you on the graduates thread. :P.

AFM- I trigger on Tuesday for a retrieval on Thursday. My estrogen stalled and then only rose to 860, so that's not good, but it is what it is. I have 7 good follies in the running, so hopefully somebody (or 2 or 3) will make it to a 3 day transfer that'll be Sunday.

Update - So, on Thursday I got 9 eggs at retrieval! That's a good number for me! If there's 3 or less, we'll do a transfer on Sunday.

#701 of 767 Old 10-25-2013, 07:27 AM
rcr

X - I haven't checked in here for a while. How did it go? Did you transfer any? How many fertilized?

Laggie - wow, that seems soon, but I know these things move fast. Do you get to keep any frosties at this clinic? I know that is something that is discussed on the egg donor forum, because some countries don't let you keep the frosties.I am really excited for you. Plus xmas in Greece sounds fun too!

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#702 of 767 Old 10-26-2013, 09:11 AM

So, of the 9 eggs, 7 were mature and 4 fertilized. By today (day 2) one of them had stopped dividing and had started to degenerate. But, the other 3 were perfect. They were all 4 cell, grade 1 with no fragmentation.

So, my transfer day is tomorrow!

#703 of 767 Old 10-27-2013, 07:45 AM

That's so exciting Xerxella, good luck with your transfer today! Are they transferring all 3?

#704 of 767 Old 10-27-2013, 09:20 AM

We did transfer all 3. It's what they recommended and I didn't disagree. They looked great though. They were a 10 cell and 2 8 cells. All grade 1. Now the 2ww begins. Let me see if I can post a picture of them from my phone.

#705 of 767 Old 10-27-2013, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Congrats on a good transfer x . Everything crossed for you!
#706 of 767 Old 10-28-2013, 10:03 AM

Wow, awesome Xerxella! Grow babies grow!

rcr - I get to keep any frosties that are left, and I can do a FET afterward for only a few hundred Euros if needed (well, plus plane ticket of course!) but they use a fairly conservative protocol so they won't get a ton of eggs, even though the donors are young. They try for about 10 to 12 good eggs from what I understand, and then of course that ends up being 2 to 4 embryos.

Weirdness: I was at a friend's for a potluck last night, and I was talking to a friend about the Greece trip and the donor eggs. Another friend who I barely know at all piped up to tell me she has eggs frozen and I can have them. Which is a bit mind-boggling. Also, it's tempting, but I am uneasy about having a donor be somebody we know.

#707 of 767 Old 10-28-2013, 11:12 AM
rcr

Yay X! That is great news!

Laggie - that is weird. I can't imagine having a donor that I know, though I do wish we had some type of identity disclosure for the kid's sake.

#708 of 767 Old 10-28-2013, 01:44 PM

Wow Laggie! But if she's just going to GIVE them to you, that's got to be tempting. She'd, of course, sign over all rights.... And, now, like RCR said, you'd know a lot of stuff about the donor.

#709 of 767 Old 10-30-2013, 10:52 AM

Dropping in to say....

Sourire -  Whoohoo!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

RCR - Hope everything is still going well! 

:)

Sourire likes this.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#710 of 767 Old 10-30-2013, 11:32 AM

X- sending you good vibes.

I'm nearing the end of a long tww I had my IUI on the 21st, I tested the trigger out but not sure if I am testing or waiting for my period or b/w on the 4th.  I have no symptoms, with my son I tested (10DPIUI) because by this time in the tww I was up at night peeing.  So since I am not waking to pee I feel like I'm not pregs. Only time will tell.

DS 4/11

#711 of 767 Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 AM

stretch - You have your bloodwork test today, right? Good luck!!!!

Laggie - How is all the planning going? Any details?

AFM - The PIO is, of course, making me feel pregnant and the HCG boosters aren't helping either! The HPTs are positive, but it could still be the HCG booster in my system (the last one was Friday). My beta is Thursday. That'll be when I'll really know something. A lot of my losses have been low and slow HCG, so having a good number on Thursday is really important.

I'm thinking of you all. I wish this thread was busier, but I don't think MDC intrinsically attracts a lot of IVF-ers.

#712 of 767 Old 11-04-2013, 08:11 AM

BW this morning won't know till this afternoon sometime.  I think it will be negative though, I have period cramps and a headache which always comes before my period.

X - Thinking of you, thursday must feel like such a long way off.  I wish there was a quicker way to know.

DS 4/11

#713 of 767 Old 11-04-2013, 09:43 AM

Bet was actually Positive  123. next Beta Wed. I'm so shocked.

DS 4/11

#714 of 767 Old 11-04-2013, 10:35 AM

Congratulations Stretch!

Xerxella, I have everything crossed for you. MDC has really died down in general I think.

I have a flight booked for Athens in December, and an apartment for the first week. After that, we'll play it by ear. I have a dream involving a hotel room with a fireplace and a view of the ocean, but we'll see what happens.

#715 of 767 Old 11-04-2013, 12:05 PM

OMG Stretch hooray! What a wonderful surprise! I'm so happy for you!

Laggie - your adventure in Greece sounds so exciting! Only a few weeks left eh?

X - I'm praying so hard for a sticky bean for you this time.

Regarding the lower participation - I've occasionally wondered if the fact that this thread is still called the Spring IVF thread along with being 30-something pages long might be discouraging people from joining! When we used to start a new thread every few months there'd always be a whole bunch of new people joining when the new thread opened.

Or a more optimistic way of seeing it is that we are victims of our own success! Everyone doing IVF ends up getting pregnant and leaving. Laggie and Xerxella, I really feel like your sticky babies are close at hand and then maybe we can shut down this thread for good smile.gif

#716 of 767 Old 11-06-2013, 07:53 AM

Stretch - That's awesome!!!!!! Good luck at your second beta today!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Sourire - Wow, 13 weeks! You're almost out of the first trimester!!!! What a relief that must be!

Laggie - Athens in December sounds wonderful. So excited for you!!!!

AFM - Well the HPT is +, but I've had many a miscarriage that was a low and slow Beta loss. I'm not thrilled with the darkness of the HPT yesterday. I refrained from taking one today, but I'll take one tomorrow before the beta so I can know to expect good news or bad. My beta really has to be above 100 for me to have any hope at all. I want to just go take a nap and wake up tomorrow when the nurse calls. The waiting really is the hardest part. whistling.gif

#717 of 767 Old 11-06-2013, 10:52 AM

Thanks Sourire, I sure hope so.

Xerxella - I know how hard it is to have hope and yet be so scared at the same time. I don't think the darkness of the test is a good indicator though, from what I understand they can vary because of the amount of dye in them. But then, I avoid the pee sticks as much as possible. I hope this one is your take-home baby!

AFM - still waiting to hear about a donor. I'm on the edge of my seat, the coordinator said I would hear something by yesterday, but then nothing. Sigh. Patience. Just taking the pill every morning - the irony of that always makes me a bit irritated.

#718 of 767 Old 11-06-2013, 10:56 AM

X - yep I'm so excited to have made it this far. I can't believe I am this lucky!

I guess for you a BFP is almost a given and the real uncertainty is in the week or two that follow right? I'm crossing my fingers and toes that you have at least one embryo that sticks around for the long haul!

#719 of 767 Old 11-06-2013, 11:00 AM

Laggie - waiting for news and then not getting it is like the most frustrating thing ever! I remember after my egg retrieval they promised to call by Saturday to tell me how my embryos and by Monday afternoon they still hadn't called, I was an absolute mess during those few days waiting for the call. I hope you get some news soon, they better not leave you hanging for much longer!

#720 of 767 Old 11-06-2013, 12:10 PM

Following along and wishing you guys all the best! Congrats on the BFP, I am keeping everything crossed for you both that the numbers are high and keep rising! Also congrats Sourire on passing week 12 and hoping for smooth sailing the rest of the way for you. Laggie I really admire your courage and am hoping for some great news for you today.

AFM... Last time I posted we were trying with our only frosty after chemical pregnacy with two fresh embryos. The frosty didn't take at all, then we found out our fertility clinic had been less than truthful about their projected success rates during orientation and that they may not have followed best practices either. eyesroll.gif But we are moving forward and are also traveling up to Dallas to a doctor who has great success rates and even takes our insurance! Just waiting on day 3 blood work & Round 2 of IVF starts end of Dec with transfer in the first few weeks of the new year.

namaste.gif 37 married to the greatest guy in the world tiphat.gif45 w/ azoospermia from low T

IVF #1 angel1.gifangel1.gif

Frozen Transfer neg.gif

IVF #2 Cancled

IVF #3 ???

Tags
Fertility And Conception The Essential Guide To Boosting Your Fertility And Conceiving A Healthy Bab , Fertility Indicator Bioself , Fertility Goddess Sovata , Fertility 60 Tips , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide , Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page