Spring IVF 2013 - Page 25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-06-2013, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sourire - I always felt so much better after the first tri.

Laggie - Greece in Dec sounds exciting, hope you hear back about your donor soon.

Xerxella - Everything crossed for a strong and rising #

KeliG hopefully your new clinic is a better place.

AFM - 392 today, so a doubling time of 28.7 !!!

DS 4/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Stretch - That's some great betas. I'm infinitely jealous, but happy for you.

KeliG - I'm sorry you're dealing with a crappy clinic, but it sounds like you have a new clinic that you like. I found changing clinics was the best thing I could do.

Laggie - I hope the clinic has called by now about your donor!!!! I hate the waiting. I'm a do-er.

Sourire - Yeah. It's these few weeks where the rubber meets the road. I don't know why my body refuses to put forth high betas. I often wonder which came first the chicken or the egg. (Pun intended). Is the beta low because the embryo is no good (common thought) or do I just naturally, somehow, run low betas which then fail to support the pregnancy?

AFM - Well the beta was a 79.4. I'm not impressed. It should be at least 100. But, there it is. I go back on Monday for a repeat beta. That's 4 days out, so it has to at least double and double again, so 320. Minimum.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Old 11-08-2013, 07:49 AM

X - I have everything crossed for you.  Hugs

DS 4/11

Old 11-08-2013, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
X - I'm hoping so hard for a good number for you on Monday.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 11-09-2013, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Xerxella - I'm sorry your number was low, I hope it's just a slow start and you get a better result on Monday.

As for the chicken vs. egg.. did you ever have genetic testing done with your previous miscarriages? When I had my second one, they tested it and it was trisomy 22 - so I assume that the first one was something similar. Mind you, I had normal betas, so I'm not sure what the significance of low beta numbers is.

Keli - I'm sorry your FET didn't work, it sucks to feel like your clinic was dishonest about it, too. You sound excited about the new clinic, good luck with your new cycle.

AFM - It looks like we have a donor! According to the clinic in Greece, she has my blood type and colouring, but is about an inch taller. She has successfully donated before, and she has a child of her own. I admit I'm a little bit skeptical about whether the physical description is actually correct - under Greek law they aren't supposed to give me any written information about her, so they had to tell me about her over the phone - but I don't really care if she doesn't look like me. I just hope the dates work out, we will have to wait for her AF to start around December 2nd. We have a bit of wiggle room on the dates, but then the clinic closes for a few days at Christmas, so it's pretty tight. This feels so surreal.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

Old 11-11-2013, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Laggie, how exciting! Keep us posted!

Xerxella, thinking of you today!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 11-11-2013, 11:31 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Laggie - I am so excited for you. You deserve for this to happen - you have been around her for so long.

X - thinking about you. I have been stalking this tread like every day to check in on you.

Stretch - Congrats!!!!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:16 PM

Laggie - yeah on a donor!!!!! She sounds perfect!!!! Will you guys be using donor sperm, too? I'm excited for you to be moving on to your next step! We tested the twins and they were genetically normal girls. We didn't test any of the others, but we'll test this one if it's a loss.

AFM - beta of 300 today. So following my usual miscarriage pattern it's a little low and a little slow. 52 hour doubling time. It's ok. I almost expect it these days.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 AM

X- I'm so sorry. Hugs.

DS 4/11

Old 11-12-2013, 04:02 PM

X - how disappointing. greensad.gif is there any hope of this cycle working out? What will you do next if it doesn't work? I'm off to read your blog now.

Laggie - congrats on getting a donor! How exciting!

Old 11-12-2013, 04:57 PM

X - try to stay positive & keep sending that little one positive vibes!!!!! I know it's hard w/ your past, but I'm just hoping & praying it's just a slow grower at first.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 11-12-2013, 05:22 PM

Xerxella - 52 hours isn't so far from 48 though. I hope this one hangs on and pulls through. The uncertainty is so hard, I hope you have something to distract you. I hope it's okay to still be hopeful for you... I guess I feel like there's always a chance.

I was just looking at your blog, it says that if this one doesn't stick, you plan to do IUI next? Don't you have a bunch of embryos frozen? I'm so confused.

AFM - I just picked up a bunch of meds for the donor cycle, and one of them is a giant Lupron needle. It's an IM time release shot. We haven't done IM injections before, but I'm supposed to do this one on a Sunday, so I guess we'll have to figure it out. Surely there are youtube videos. Any tips? I was pretty happy that DH's new insurance covered 100% of the meds. Lupron, estrace and prometrium.

We're still waiting for the test results on DH's sperm DNA fragmentation. If that's bad, we'll be doing double donor. Otherwise, we'll use his sperm. 

Old 11-12-2013, 06:21 PM

Laggie - I've done lots of IM Lupron injections. My clinic gave me a diagram showing how to find the exact right spot a little above your butt. DH would draw the lines on my skin using a marker to get it right. Make sure you read through all the instructions and find your injection site before preparing the Lupron needle, because it's not good for the Lupron to sit for long after you've mixed it. I would lie on my stomach and have DH do the injection for me... I took a deep breath right before he stuck the needle in and tried to think of something else while he was injecting (and definitely don't look at what's going on back there) and it was usually relatively painless and easy. After it was done I'd massage the area a bit and apply a hot water bottle to help with absorption.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:14 PM

Laggie - congrats on good insurance!!!!! That's awesome!!!!! We're doing IM progesterone in oil. It's a pain, but you get used to it. Yep to what Sourire said. I like to stand and put my weight on the opposite side. We also ice down the area a lot first. Then use heat after.

AFM - our insurance covers up to 4 ivfs. Once you do the fourth all infertility coverage stops. We do have the 7 frosties, but I can't help but think at this stage there's something wrong with the endometrium. For some reason, embryos implant, but not strongly enough. I'm not going to use potentially good seeds in to what I suspect is crappy soil. Until we have a good handle on what's causing the miscarriages I won't waste them. By using an IUI with different recurrent loss treatments I'm hoping we can find a solution to whatever's causing the miscarriages.

To all. Yeah. There's hope. But, they just aren't encouraging numbers. Do some women beat the odds and have a successful pregnancy with less than stellar numbers? Sure. But I don't seem to ever be that gal.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:53 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

X - I am sorry. I am staying positive for you, but I know sometimes you just need to be realistic. I had the same insurance as you, from what it sounds (Illinois fertility insurance mandate). We got 4 IVFs, and unlimited IUIs. I ended up doing like 10 IUIs (all with tons of injectables - often the same meds I would have used for IVF) after my first IVF, because I didn't want to run out of insurance. It didn't help me at all (obviously), but I still think it was a good idea to take advantage of the IUIs before I exhausted my last IVF and was out of everything. We were planning to save our last IVF for donor embryos, but then it looked like DH was going to loose his job (and our fertility insurance) before we could do that, so we just went ahead and used our last IVF. We finished it just a few weeks before he lost his job. But I do agree with you, don't waste your frosties until you get a handle on the miscarriages.  :Hug

Laggie - I think icing before an IM injection helped me. I did them myself because DH was living out of state. I just stood in front of the mirror, propped my butt cheek on the counter, and stuck it in. I also made a little circle where it was supposed to go because if you get it in the wrong spot I think you can hit a vein or something. I bruised a lot. After doing them for the first 3 months of being pregnant I was doing the shot into black and blue bruises. Massaging helped with the bruising.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:01 PM

AAM - Well beta at 542 today. 53 hour doubling time. Always a little low and a little slow. I'm tired. The only thing to do now is wait for the ultrasound. I don't want to do a bad ultrasound more than once. Once is bad enough. So, I'm planning it for a little later when there can be no doubt. I HATE it when docs say, "Wwweeellllllll,,,, it may just be too early. Come back next week and we'll check again." No. Do NOT put me through this more than once. I'm doing one u/s at a definitive date when there must be a heartbeat or it's game over. Wednesday, November 27th is 6w6d. I DO hope I make it that far that way they can do genetic testing and that may help us find some sort of answers. Or at least give us another clue. So, another 2 week wait for me.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 PM

I'm sorry Xerxella. I was in that situation last spring while on vacation in the Netherlands with DH's family... "It doesn't look good, but it's too soon to say for sure." Aaarggh. banghead.gif I think most people have no idea that is even a possible situation to be in... it's a bit of a nightmare, really. At this point, I suggest a massage, a glass of wine, and a long walk on the beach. Preferably in Hawaii. 

Old 11-13-2013, 07:49 PM

X - Man it sucks being in limbo like that. How are you feeling right now? Is it stressing you out a lot or do you "get used to" this kind of situation after having been through it so many times? Either way I hope you can keep distracted for the next 2 weeks so that time goes by fast. Weren't you supposed to do some genetic testing on your frosties to see if there was something wrong with all your great looking embryos? Is that still on the table?

Old 11-13-2013, 11:44 PM

Hello ladies....I'm back. In the 2ww after our second IVF 11/10/13. So been reading through everyone's updates.

Laggie the shots are easy. I usually have my fiancé give me them but he will be out of town tomorrow so I tried it tonight. Piece of cake. You will be fine.

Xerxella. I don't know your story. Any info as to why you are having miscarriages? Clotting disorder? Positive for MTHFR? Did you do genetic testing?

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
Old 11-18-2013, 12:05 PM

Becky - how's the 2ww coming? Are you going to test early? I'm a horrible POAS pusher, so you probably shouldn't listen to me... (We've done all testing possible and have no real answers).

AFM - HCG at 1172 today. That's 5 days later. So an official 111 hour doubling time. The docs worried about ectopic, but I'm not. It doesn't feel ectopic to me, just blighted ovum-ish. I really don't want to go in for an u/s now. But I also don't want to risk any fertility I do have with my tubes. I don't know what to do.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:32 PM

X - I'm sorry to hear your betas are incresing so sliwly. If you went for an u/s now you could rule out ectopic right? And it's too early for a heartbeat so you wouldn't have to stress out about not seeing it. I would get the u/s for sure... ectopic pregnancies are no joke.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:08 AM

Well I'm going tomorrow for the u/s. Actually there has to be a heartbeat by 5w5d or there never will be. Of course, you have to know your dates exactly and have good u/s equipment. I'll be 6 weeks exactly tomorrow.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
X
I will be thinking about you tomorrow and hope for good news!
Old 11-20-2013, 01:15 PM

Xerxella - I am hoping against hope. I am not a religious person but still, praying. :1praying 

Old 11-20-2013, 03:27 PM

Xerxella. I haven't poas because last time when my blood test was positve the stick was negative. They drew my blood this morning at 9 and said it would only take 4 hours. It's been over 5. I called and the nurse is with a new patient. I called the girl who did it at their satellite office and no answer. I'm starting to think the worse. I'm so nervous and this waiting is terrible. The TWW went by because I only had to wait ten 10 days but the last five hours are killing me.

I really hope you get your answers. So frustrating. I'm hoping and praying for you.

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
Old 11-20-2013, 06:51 PM

Beta was Zero. I'm out greensad.gif

angel.gif
Old 11-20-2013, 11:48 PM

Becky- sorry about your negative!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:40 AM

Sorry Becky. hug.gif

It's a bad news day. No heartbeat. Everything measuring small. Gestational sac should've been about 15mm. It was 5.

I'm working on getting a doc to do an embryoscopy. This is where, before the d&c, they take a direct sample of the bean so you can be sure you're getting genetic testing from the right spot. I have to know. Do I just make incompetent embryos or is my uterus that hostile?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:55 AM

I'm so sorry X and Becky. 

DS 4/11

Old 11-21-2013, 09:06 AM

Oh X
I am sorry to hear this! I am curious too what is going on. Please let us know the test results. How long will it take?
Big hugs to you and I am sorry
Tracy

Tags
Fertility And Conception The Essential Guide To Boosting Your Fertility And Conceiving A Healthy Bab , Fertility Indicator Bioself , Fertility Goddess Sovata , Fertility 60 Tips , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide , Infertility
User Tag List