Mothering Forum banner
33K views 766 replies 38 participants last post by  tracyamber 
#1 ·
Spring IVF Members
dust.gif
COPY AND PASTE INTO THREAD WITH ANY UPDATES

Kewpie80 Me:pCOS Him:Vericocele, low motility, low morphology. Currently gathering information and funds for next fresh cycle. 2 Embies currently on ice.

Sourire (30) TTC #1 since August 2010, diagnosed with stage III endometriosis, 5 failed IUIs. First IVF in November 2012 cancelled due to OHSS. 8 frozen embryos. First FET in January 2013 negative. 2nd FET in April 2013.

Lilacvioletiris (36, DX hypothyroid 10/11) and DH (41), (zero sperm on 3/23/12, 25 sperm on 5/18/12, 5 motile sperm and 3 non-motile sperm for cryopreservation on 6/29/12 & 8/3/12, 3 motile, 2 shaking, and 3 non-motile sperm for cryopreservation on 8/17/12) TTC #1 since April 2011. Have IVF coordinator meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013. Will determine if we will try an IVF cycle in March or June. Almost have all the money to cover the IVF cycle.

Silverbird Two failed IVF and now waiting to see what life holds for me.

toothfairy2be (27) TTC#1 Since Nov 2009. Endometriosis & Anti-Thyroid Antibodies, low-side AMH. LAP March 2012. Tried Clomid/Femara/Gonal-F and 4 IUIs. First IVF successful Jan 2013 ended in m/c & d/c at 10w. Natural cycle FET planned for May 2013.

tracyamber Failed FET February 2013 second FET April 22,2013

nievestevens

Xerxella After many losses we're trying IVF with PGS to find out if there are any good eggs left.

wannabemomi

Currently doing IVF/FET:

Lilacvioletiris

Sourire

Tracyamber

Beta Dates:

Winter BFPs:
pos.gif

guppyluv

Suzie McCool

RCR!!!!!

Laggie

See less See more
#627 ·
X - great news! It's true that it's pretty rare for 100% of fertilized embryos to make it to blast.... but you do have a fertilization rate of just 50%, maybe all your eggs are either horrible or amazing with none in between? lol

#628 ·
X - great news!! I have no idea what is wrong with you. When you had your first cycle, I thought you just had poor egg quality because that is what I have and I always get low fertilization. But none of mine ever make it to blast... so that can't be it for you. My eggs always looked horrible and stayed that way. You have some great ones.

Sourire: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#629 ·
A little late to the party, but YAY for an awesome second beta, Sourire!! So, so hoping and praying this is your take-home baby, and that you make your third checkpoint of seeing the heartbeat. For me, waiting to hear the heartbeat for the first time is the most nerve-wracking part of pregnancy. It is FOREVER between BFP and that heartbeat. At least, that's the way it feels to me. Hugs and prayers for a peaceful wait for you!

#630 ·
Thanks Monkey! I may or may not have been stalking the May DDC recently and was excited to see a familiar name there! Congrats!

I am not ready to join any DDCs yet given that I haven't even passed the point when I miscarried last time (today I'm 4w4d, last time I started bleeding at 5w0d but didn't complete the miscarriage until 6w4d so I have a lot of milestones to get past still), but if I am lucky enough to see a heartbeat on my ultrasound Sept 23 I will definitely come hang out with you there!

The fact that you got pregnant so easily the 2nd time around after all you went through to have your first gives me hope that I may not have to go through years of misery once I started trying for a second child! My doctor seems to have found the magic formula for me at last (I've had 2 BFP's in 2 FETs since I started this new protocol) so it looks like for me it may no longer be a question of getting pregnant but rather staying pregnant.

#632 ·
Vegan - No, actually. Both of my babies were conceived naturally. We did a round of Femara back in 2011, but it didn't take. I am very grateful, because if we'd had to do IVF, we'd probably still be saving up for it. I have PCOS and my biggest issue is annovulation. It appears I can get pregnant without too much trouble if my body can just ovulate. I hang out on the IVF thread because so many of the ladies I started out with in BSLs and on the IF thread have ultimately gone on to do IVF. I'm glad to say that many of the ladies who were around and trying when I got pregnant with my son have gone on to have babies or are currently pregnant. I wish so much that it were all of them.
:(

Sourire - I really hope to see you in the DDC, but I totally understand waiting until you feel more secure in your pregnancy. I was going bananas with no one to talk to (dh is kind of in denial, though our families know), so I jumped in feet first. Your u/s date is actually the date of my first m/w appointment (I think we're almost exactly 2 weeks apart - I'll be 9 weeks then), so hopefully we will both have good news to share that day. I'm not as much of a wreck as I was the first time around waiting for a heartbeat, but I'm still nervous it will be bad news. It doesn't feel real that I could get so lucky twice. I knew there was a chance pregnancy and nursing would temporarily reset the PCOS hormonal imbalance and making conceiving easier, but I didn't want to bank on that. I'm excited that you've gotten pregnant twice now - I think you're right, that you and your RE have finally figured out what it takes to get your body to respond. Does endo kind of get reset by pregnancy like PCOS does? I feel like I read that somewhere, but I don't remember. Do you still have frosties left at this point for siblings?

All - hope I am not stepping on toes posting here. I'm so excited for Sourire, and would love to be excited for all of you someday! I'm reading along and wishing and hoping for sticky babies for all of you!

#634 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

AAM - Just because I have to tell somebody somewhere... 2 are early blasts and the embryologist said they might be ready to freeze this afternoon or tomorrow morning and the other 2 are compacted morulas and might be ready tomorrow. The embryologist was very pleased with their progress and felt we should be able to freeze them all. Then she corrected herself and said I shouldn't say that, you should be able to freeze something from this cycle. Woo-hoo!!!!!

And on a side note, any ideas on what's wrong with me?
orngtongue.gif
Seriously, why would I consistently have a low fertilization rate, but everything that fertilizes makes it to blast. Last time 9 eggs, 6 mature, 3 fertilized and 3 blasts. This time 10 eggs, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and 4 made it to blast (hopefully). Is it possible that I just make embryos that make it to blast consistently even if their aneuploid? Then I get pregnant, but miscarry?
It's hard to know. I'm still struggling a bit here and have questions like how did I have so many embryos, good quality mind you but only two took and lost one baby had another. Errrrrr, and yet it is over for me now and I have to be resolved. It's not easy but this s not about meI
:blah

it's about you, and you are still in the game so to speak! I wish I had the answers for you though. cannot remember,did you do IVF for your two children? Did you have miscarriages before them. I hope you don't mind me asking.

Anyway, I have a good feeling about these last two cycles you have done . When do you plan to put some back? This winter?

#635 ·
Monkey - I do have 4 frozen embryos remaining which I can use if this one doesn't stick or for siblings. I think some people do experience an improvement in their endo following pregnancy & breast feeding, I sure hope that is the case for me.

I also hope I'm not making anyone uncomfortable by continuing to post in this thread now that I'm pregnant, but after what happened last time I was pregnant I don't yet feel comfortable posting anywhere else.

#636 ·
Sourire...yes it is time to move on. I feel so uncomfortable...seeing that I am no longer doing IVF...haha Honestly,I would ask that you continue to pop in every once in a while even after you move to the graduates. You are an inspiration and have awesome advice. Congrats girl!

#637 ·
Tracy - I sure hope you'll stick around. Are you done for money reasons or emotional reasons? I wish it was easier. I just don't know what to say. My 2 kids and all of my losses were naturally conceived. (Actually the last loss was a cancelled IVF, 4 follicles and DH and I just got together on our own). I had no previous miscarriages. I have a feeling I may never know the answers. I just makes no sense that there was never a problem and then there was a massive problem. Nothing changed.

AFM - They froze all 4 embryos this morning. The embryologist was very pleased with their quality. 2 that were 2AA and 2 that were 2BB. Even the embryologist said the fertilization to blastulation rate was unheard of. I just don't know what to make of it all. I wonder if I don't just make good looking embryos even if their aneuploid. That would explain a lot. So, the aneuploids make it to implantation and I get a positive pregnancy test even if they have no baby potential. I was reading an article about how 75% of day 3 embryos are aneuploid, but only 50% of day 5 embryos are aneuploid. So, the aneuploids are more likely to die off between day 3 and day 5. It wouldn't make sense that these contained all euploid embryos. So, some of them must be aneuploid, but they didn't die off.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16275234

http://natera.com/assets/files/natera-conference-abstracts/1-NSGC-2011_MA_Aneuploidy-rates.pdf

#638 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post

Sourire...yes it is time to move on. I feel so uncomfortable...
Are you just joking? It's not always clear with written comments whether people are joking or not.

X - I'm guessing the PGD would be able to identify all the aneuploid embryos then if they are not dying off on their own?

#640 ·
X - how are you feeling now that all the meds are done? By the way I just noticed that link to your blog in your signature - has that always been there? Maybe I'm blind. Anyways I went and checked it out! I love how thoroughly you research everything!

Tracy - what's going on in your life these days?

AFM - Well I haven't had any bleeding or spotting so far and my pregnancy tests are still getting darker... so as far as I can tell I'm 5w1d pregnant today! Last time I was pregnant I started to have heavy bleeding at 5w0d so I'm one day past that! Hooray for small victories.

#641 ·
Sourire- hooray for making it past the last time. I'm hoping so hard that this baby sticks and you are both healthy.

AFM - Follow up appointment tomorrow for a plan. Nervous and excited and optimistic and skeptical. Yesterday was the start of 'baby season' where everyone who passed me up getting pregnant is now giving birth. I am happy for them but hate this so obvious marker of how long this journey is taking.

#642 ·
Marcys - good luck tomorrow at your planning appointment. It's always nice to have a plan!
smile.gif

Sourire - Yeah for small victories!!!! We're your betas promising last time? They look so promising this time!!! I know you'll be just counting the seconds until u/s day. I hadn't linked the blog before. I don't know why.
shrug.gif

AFM - I'm just achy and grouchy like I have a doozy of a period coming on which I probably do! My follow up appointment isn't for a couple weeks yet. We'll sit out next cycle and start our first fresh cycle in October!!!! So exciting and nerve racking that this could actually be it. There's really nothing until then, so my fertility life will be pretty boring for a while.

#643 ·
Xerxella - October will be here before you know it!

Sourire -
:energy

AFM - currently peeing on a million OPKs per day and squinting at them. Possible insemination tomorrow I think... The line this morning was almost as dark but not quite. I think. The brand of tests that I got this time are weird, the background turns pink while the line is forming, which makes it really difficult to judge the colour. The line doesn't even really appear until the 5 minute mark, because the whole thing is pink. It's more like the background turns white and leaves a line, rather than a line forming on a white stick.

#644 ·
Laggie - that sounds just like the cheap internet HPT's I've been doing. The entire test turns pink first, and then the background gradually fades to white. I usually read the test once the background is fully white again. Good luck with your insemination!

Xerxella - my betas were even more promising last time I was pregnant (338 and 751 last time vs 148 and 443 on the same days this time) and I still miscarried, so promising betas don't encourage me that much!

marcyse - how did the appointment go?

AFM - things are still going well. I haven't had any bleeding or spotting yet, and my pregnancy tests are still getting darker, and my symptoms are gradually getting more intense.The ultrasound seems like it is a million years away, so many bad things could happen between now and Sept 23. I've found that giving myself small milestones to meet is easier. I made it past the first milestone: the point where I started bleeding in my last pregnancy, which was 5w0d. It truly was a relief to get past that date. My next one is tomorrow, Friday the 13th. It's a totally arbitrary milestone but I figure if I can get through a Friday the 13th without anything going wrong, then maybe I won't be unlucky this time! The next milestone after that is 6w1d. That is the day in my last pregnancy when my doctor told me to stop taking the progesterone and all the other meds, because there was no hope of my baby making it. And after that there is 6w4d. That is the day when I "gave birth" to my baby and officially ceased to be pregnant. And once I've made it to that point, the ultrasound is only a few days away at 7w1d. Everything is so stressful but for now my only goal is to still be pregnant by the end of the day tomorrow, and I think there is a pretty good chance of that happening!

Reactions: cynthia mosher
#645 ·
I have everything crossed for you, Sourire. I know how nerve wracking the early stages can be. Will it make you feel any better if I tell you that the chance of having two miscarriages in a row is only 2%?

I did the IUI today - DH somehow managed to drop his phone into the toilet (or as he said, "it came in contact with water") so I wasn't able to get ahold of him about the IUI scheduling. Super frustrating. He did show up, but I was already in the room, so they wouldn't let him in. Oh well.

#646 ·
My computer is acting up so I have been a little absent. I am also trying to get use to our ipad which is frustrating at time because I am not use to it.

Sourire~ Like I said I have a good feeling that this is your bean. I am so happy that everything is fine. One milestone a t a time is a good way to go.

Laggie~ Congrats on your IUI. Now the two week wait. Keep us posted. I was thinking of you the other day.

X`~ October...YES!!! How exciting for you. And as for your questions..I think I remember them. No, more IVF for us. It's age and money. Our insurance does not cover any fertility and we have spent a lot of money thus far. Granted we did get our miracle baby in 2011. So, I just feel like for me I need to be resolved otherwise we could keep trying until I am 50. When do we stop. Now is good as ever so I know we will and can love another baby just as much whether it is our biologically or not. thanks for asking and being curious.

#647 ·
Tracy. Hugs.
hug.gif
I wish I had some profound words of wisdom, but I don't. Just know that people our here are rooting for you and cheering for you at all times.

Sourire - well you made it through Friday the 13 th! One milestone down. Those little milestone tricks help me too, so I can relate.

Laggie - congrats on the IUI!!! Do you feel better about the timing this month?

#648 ·
Well I wouldn't exactly say I made it through Friday the 13th. I started spotting yesterday, which is the thing I was most afraid of. I know it's not necessarily over, but I have such a bad feeling now
greensad.gif

#649 ·
Praying for you sourire!!! I'm sure you know that it's not uncommon to have spotting in a healthy pregnancy. But having lost a baby already, I know it must seem like the worst is happening again. I hope it's nothing. Hang on bean!! Could they get you in sooner for your ultrasound?

Cindy

#651 ·
hug.gif
sourire! My clinic gave me an u/s that day when I had spotting. Have you called? I hope everything is ok. <3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.