Progesterone supplements + luteal phase? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-20-2013, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I'm 15 DPO - my temp is still up, but I have 4 negative pregnancy tests...  My usual luteal phase is 13 days, but I'm pretty sure that it varies more that it should anyway (I have a few 15 +16 day phases in my chart..)   For those of you on progesterone (suppositories, I'm allergic to sesame and peanuts..)  how much did it change for you?

I'm also headed to a cousin's baby shower in Cambridge today.. the silver lining to a negative test is that I don't have to try to hide my elation - some of the people there know we were doing an IUI and some don't - I can still say that I don't know.. 

Thank you...

DH(37) + I(36) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 2/2014 - IVF cycle =  due in late November!
#2 of 6 Old 04-22-2013, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Progesterone did not change my luteal phase dramatically, but I know for some people it does.  Can you get a blood test?  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 6 Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Well, my temp went down a little on Sunday, and I was on that edge of spotting/AF - today I called the office, and they said that if my HPT showed up negative, then yeah, it was just the progesterone supplements + I might as well stop them. They're not exactly big on testing anything. So, a 15 day LF instead of my usual 12-13.  

Then I called the insurance coordinator about the cost of IVF, and, honestly, I haven't stopped crying since.  

DH(37) + I(36) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 2/2014 - IVF cycle =  due in late November!
#4 of 6 Old 04-23-2013, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I'm so sorry.  This is so tough.  hug2.gif  Are you going to an RE or just an OB/GYN?  I don't know what you have tried already in your journey, but I've seen miracles happen among the other women in these forums so I know they do happen.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#5 of 6 Old 04-23-2013, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Progesterone supplements did add a few days to my luteal phase.  After several negative tests, I was directed to discontinue the progesterone.  My period followed 3 days later.  From what I've read, this is pretty normal.

We've also just really dug into what IVF is going to cost us.  I'm crying right along with you :(  So sorry.

#6 of 6 Old 04-23-2013, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

@ PokeyAC - Thanks - I'm seeing a doctor at a center for reproductive medicine - honestly, I've felt like they were trying to railroad us in to IVF since we started there, but I don't feel like I have a lot of choice in care providers.   This was our third IUI attempt - our second with this practice. 

@ Dandelion (I love dandelions!) - hug2.gif to you, too. 

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page