Stressed about my new FET protocol and can use a little support and information - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 05-22-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)

Hi ladies

I got a bfn on my last FET and we are attempting it yet again. The last two I was put on Lupron to suppress my body's release of the luteinizing hormone but got severe migraines. I hope this isn't indicative of what menopause will be lie for me. Anyway, I would have to take a narcotic to get rid of the headaches and it was really hard for dh. We had a meeting with my RE and he just simply said. This is not working  and want to approach this cycle differently. He wants to use no luron or ganarelx and just have me move form birthcontrol pills to estrodiol. Has anyone heard of this. I am nervous to do something different yet just want to get pregnant.

Ideas...support ..pleaseredface.gif

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tracy will you be stimming? I am confused. I thought that you had to take lupron or gannirelix at some point to make sure you didn't ovulate? Is this a mini-ivf (or whatever it is called) - I don't know anything about that. If you are just taking bcp, estrogen, and progesterone what is going to make your follies grow?

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#3 of 20 Old 05-22-2013, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

RCR~ No I am not stimming(frozen embryo transfer) but I guess it is protocol to be put on bc pills,the lurpon (or such meds) to continue to make sure no ovulation occurs,then estrogen.  I don't know what will make my follicles grow(stimulate) unless the birth control pills are not enough to suppress my reproductive system. I guess it's like some women still get pregnant when they are on the pill......... I have been doing a little research and I guess there is a "new" way to approach the FET and I guess this is what my doctor is thinking. Do I make sense?

Thanks for the reply too....it is so quiet in the "spring Ivf" thread. I think everyone is still so bummed out and rightfully so.

ETA: I guess I do not mean follicles grow but stimulate which then ovulation will occur.

#4 of 20 Old 05-22-2013, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, My IVF stimulation was strange experience.. However I am preg, I did a lot of research on doctors and their success rates.. The medications consist of lupron, menupor, glanix, one more drug.. Strenuous process with the multiple shots.... Grateful
#5 of 20 Old 05-22-2013, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone else?

#6 of 20 Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM
rcr

Oh, an FET. Sorry. I totally missed that. In that case, your protocol sounds like my FET with donor embryos (which worked) except that I didn't do bcp. I only did estrogen and progesterone.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#7 of 20 Old 05-25-2013, 12:13 PM

The only concern is waiting 8 weeks out to see if the preg viable. My doc wants to wait this out... Oh yea the progesterone vaginal is a complete mess.. wet to flakey.. ugh
#8 of 20 Old 05-25-2013, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgal View Post

The only concern is waiting 8 weeks out to see if the preg viable. My doc wants to wait this out... Oh yea the progesterone vaginal is a complete mess.. wet to flakey.. ugh

I'm confused....why would I have to wait 8 weeks to see if my pregnancy is viable if I become pregnant? Did you do a frozen embryo transfer? That is what I am doing. I am moving from birthcontrol pills to estradiol and was concerned about skipping the lupron all together.

You sound like you recently did ivf. I am familiar with this as I have a beautiful son from it 2 years ago. I have since had two failed frozen transfers. And yes The vaginal suppositories are uncomfortable  ....I will be doing progesterone shots.

If you need a little support in your experience or need some advice maybe you'd like to post on

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1334294/ivf-graduates-thread

The women there have gone through IVF and are pregnant and can give wonderful advice and support!

Best of luck to you.

#9 of 20 Old 05-25-2013, 06:03 PM

Tracy your correct 5 weeks preg, I hate waiting. The protocol was strenuous and new. I waited 10 yrs of going back to school/ saving to get to the point in my life. I hate to loose a child our get negative results.. Ive ready many posts I have lots of fear. And financial Texas laws isn't very friendly to IVF, sad I work for a hospital and they dont offered on their insurance plan.?
#10 of 20 Old 05-26-2013, 02:06 PM
rcr

Tracy- have you heard from anybody else about your protocol? I thought that was the standard FET protocol, but I didn't really question it or ask anybody when I did it. How are you feeling?

#11 of 20 Old 05-27-2013, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Tracy- have you heard from anybody else about your protocol? I thought that was the standard FET protocol, but I didn't really question it or ask anybody when I did it. How are you feeling?

Nope ,no other comments but I'm feeling better about it. It seems that FET can be done without lupron or the such. Just extra monitoring at the RE.  I won't miss the migraines.

How are you?

#12 of 20 Old 05-28-2013, 08:45 AM

I have been using donor eggs as well and have never used lupron or BCPs - just progesterone pio and estradiol.  Of my three FETs, all resulted in pregnancy. 

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#13 of 20 Old 05-28-2013, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahen View Post

I have been using donor eggs as well and have never used lupron or BCPs - just progesterone pio and estradiol.  Of my three FETs, all resulted in pregnancy. 

Thanks, that is good to know. I am feeling better about it. I am glad to not have the migraines...

#14 of 20 Old 05-29-2013, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tracy. I just posted on the other board. But didn't realize u were doing FET. I had no problems with Ganerellix (easy profiled syringes). I got mild headaches from lupron but nothing major but no clear reaction to Ganerellix. I used Ganerellix during a stim protocol to suppress premature ovulation before trigger. I also did estradiol priming for one stim cycle... Good luck!

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

IVF#2: BFP 2/11/13 This one really stuck. 

Mom to H, L, & G, triplets born 35+1 and growing like weeds! joy.gif

#15 of 20 Old 05-29-2013, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies...I am feeling a bit better now. It seems that it is sorta common to not get on Lupron or anything,just bc pill and estradiol and progesterone. It's just that the las two FET I have had I was always on Lupron but it gave me horrible migraines. My doctor will be doing extra monitoring so if it looks like I might ovulate then he will put me on ganarelix for ten days.

#16 of 20 Old 05-30-2013, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Excellent! Best of luck!! Hope all goes well & sticky smile.gif

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

IVF#2: BFP 2/11/13 This one really stuck. 

Mom to H, L, & G, triplets born 35+1 and growing like weeds! joy.gif

#17 of 20 Old 06-03-2013, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Tracy, when I did my IVF cycle my doctor had me on estradiol for 1 week prior to the beginning of stimming. I did some research because I wanted to understand the purpose of the estradiol. From what I read the body does not produce follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) when estradiol levels are high, and this prevents you from growing any new follicles.

Basically in a normal menstrual cycle your body starts producing FSH from the very beginning of your cycle, and this makes your follicles grow. As the follicles grow, they will output increasing levels of estrogen. When the estrogen levels reach a high enough number, this will trigger your body to stop producing FSH and produce a sudden surge of lutenizing hormone (LH). If you have a mature follicle at that point, the LH will make you ovulate. So basically a high level of estrogen is how your body knows that it doesn't need to produce anymore FSH.

It makes sense to me that with this protocol your doctor has put you on, he will maintain your estrogen at a high level and therefore your body will not produce FSH and you will not have any follicles growing. However in the event that you did have a follicle growing during your FET, this wouldn't be a problem! Some FETs are done in cycles where the person is ovulating normally (I believe that is what toothfairy did in her recent FET). So either way I'm sure you will be fine!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#18 of 20 Old 06-03-2013, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Sourire!!!!

Thanks for the info. I have found much of the info you gave me on my research. I wonder why I was ever put on Lupron. Well, maybe this will be my magical cycle. How are you doing? When did you ovulate?????? We want details smile.gif

#19 of 20 Old 06-04-2013, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I ovulated sometime last week. I believe I'm 5 or 6 dpo today. I had some leftover Crinone from my FET so I've been taking that since I need progesterone support in my luteal phase otherwise AF would be starting tomorrow. I'm feeling mildly optimistic about this cycle, but if it doesn't work I don't think I'll be too upset. I have an appointment with my RE tomorrow to plan my next FET! How are things going with you?

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#20 of 20 Old 06-04-2013, 11:36 AM
rcr

Sourire / Tracy - when I did my FET I asked if I would ovulate, and the doc said probably not, but it doesn't really matter if I do anyway.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page