Starting testing this week - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2013, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I have been TTC since 4/2012 and are in the beginning stages of testing for infertility. I have been charting, the past 4 months have shown clear ovulation - so I guess that's one hurdle down. I go for my HSG on Thursday, bloodwork for hormones Friday, and DH goes for his analysis on Friday as well.

I feel actually kind of excited - like we can figure out what's happening and what to do next, like we can finally start getting some answers. I know we are at the beginning of what could be a long journey, but I feel like there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Any thoughts or support would be welcomed :) but please no horror stories about HSG, I'm planning to relax and hope for the best!

Me (29) & DH (29) 9.5 years together, 2 years married, TTC since 4/2012.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Good luck marcyse... I'm hoping they find a problem that is easily fixed so that you can go on to get pregnant very quickly!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 06-07-2013, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wishing you good luck from another long time member. It is an exciting & sometimes heartbreaking journey but the ultimate goal is worth the struggle. PM me if you need any more support, I know the infertility thread has dwindled. No HSG horrors here, it cramps for a few seconds. You'll be more happy to have the information from it!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
Old 06-12-2013, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Did the HSG last week - it really wasn't bad at all. I felt a little cramping and a little pain like what I have when I ovulate. I was up and felt pretty normal the rest of the day. Both of my tubes are clear - so that's good news. I got my bloodwork back today - everything is normal: FSH, LH, thyroid, estradiol, prolactin. I am feeling excited that all my stuff is good so far, but a little frustrated because there is no clear signs/signals for why we are not pregnant yet. Maybe I should just be hopeful. DH is scheduled for his sperm analysis in a week and a half or so (safely after O). He is nervous, but I told him something that I hope is true - it could be taking a while just because and there might not be anything wrong with either of us. Just because we're having trouble getting pregnant doesn't mean there's anything wrong. (I hope!)

Thanks for the support ladies!

Me (29) & DH (29) 9.5 years together, 2 years married, TTC since 4/2012.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List