PCOS, overweight, hypothyroid and male factor infertility - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-20-2013, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and trying to find some hope and encouragement. We have been seeing a fertiltiy specialits for 4 months after TTC with no success on our own. My hypothyroid is under control, i have lost 15 pounds, taking metformin, my husbands sperm count and quality have increased significantly due to CoQ10 and Clommed but still not success...just want to hear your stories and hopefully help to not lose hope

#2 of 2 Old 06-22-2013, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're in the same situation: PCOS, hypothyroidism, and MFI. I've been on thyroid medication and Metformin since August. I'm not overweight, my TSH is now under 2, and my cycles have been regular since I started those meds. I was hoping that and my husband being on Clomid would be enough, but unfortunately his sperm count didn't improve at all. We're planning to do IVF in January. Part of me still hopes it'll happen on its own before then, but I don't think it will. Sorry, that's not very encouraging...

Have you just been trying naturally so far (aside from the meds/supplements you listed)? Have you talked to your doctor about adding in something to increase your chances, like Clomid or Femara, possibly with IUI? (Not sure if his counts are now in the normal range, which might make IUI unnecessary and a waste of money.) Are you charting your BBT and/or being monitored to be sure you're ovulating?

27 y/o, TTC 3.5 years with PCOS, Hashimoto's, elevated NK cells, and severe MFI. IVF postponed indefinitely while trying to stabilize thyroid.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page