HSG PROCUDERE AND COST - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-02-2013, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I completed my first HSG procedure yesterday and it was very painful angry.gif. The test only lasted about 15 minutes. The most painful part is when they injected the dye and saline into the tubes. Reason being the amount of pressure from the fluids being injected thru the tiny tubes causes severe cramping and pelvic pain. Of course they do not give you anything for the pain so it was nothing I could do about that. I did take a 800 motrin before the procedure but it did nothing for me. As for the cost the hospitals qouted me min. 800.00 to max. 1200.00 out of pocket with insurance. I was informed to find a private diagnostic center and found Signet Diagnostics who performs the procedure. The cost for uninsured is 250.00 and for insured it depends on your coverage, I paid 150.00 and my insurance was billed 350.00. Also I was informed to ask for the contracted rate for your insurance provider when calling the private diagnostics centers for a accurate price.

RESULTS: I was informed that both of my tubes were blocked and that he was able to clear one of them. The other one was damaged from my PCOS. He recommend surgery to try repairng the tube but, said it's optional since I have one tube open and that's all I need to concieve. So now I can try to concieve again knowing that I have a possibility of actually becoming pregnant. Wish me luck.

THANK YOU GOD angel.gif

#2 of 3 Old 07-13-2013, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Good luck to you!!

#3 of 3 Old 08-31-2013, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am set to have that test done. Thanks for the warning. Good luck!!

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page