The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Congrats @monkeyscience !!!!!

@Xerxella All you have to do is type the @ symbol (shift + #2) and begin typing that person's name and it should up.

Well ladies, the day is finally here: AF HAS ARRIVED!!!!!:joy

Never thought I would be so happy to see my period that I am! So today is cycle day 1 and I start clomid on Thursday. I was SUPER crampy yesterday to the point that i thought I was ovulating so I took a test and it was negative. Hubs and I have been feeling rather horny lately :shy (gosh I was so embarrassed to the type that LOL). I think since the stress of trying to figure out what's going has someone eased, we are back to just jumping each other without waiting body temps, cervica mucous or a positive ovulating test LOL.

So I'm happy and now we wait a little longer! I'm feeling optimistic y'all!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#302 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
NP LittleKind! I'm glad to relate my experiences with Vitex. This herb works with your uniqueness to give you what you need. However, it does seem most helpful to those of us dealing with estro dom and/or low progesterone. With the onset of my second m/c I started taking RRLT thinking it would help my uterus tone and all that. Welp, my issues went to a level of insanity I didn't know existed. I found out that particular herb is estrogenic, started wondering, stopped taking it and immediately my symptoms decreased. Right then is when all of my various experiences started coming together into a more complete picture.

Many women start taking Vitex thinking it's a miracle get you preggo faster cure-all but that's not what it's for. Chances of falling pg can indeed increase with Vitex but that's b/c it works on bringing our cycle irregularities into balance. Smoother cycles lead to an increased chance of pregnancy. It's not an herb for everyone and I think women who start taking it that don't have cycle issues or for whom low estro is the issue may experience some funkiness. We also get freaked out for various reasons and stop taking it too soon. Vitex is indeed a powerful herb and it has been an absolute godsend for me but it can't and won't be rushed, nor should it wink1.gif . We tend to find ourselves wanting results now, now, NOW (especially while TTC lol.gif ) and life just doesn't work like that most of the time, especially not where it truly counts. My cycle was already in the toilet and my issues lined right up with estro dom problems so I felt like "I already feel like crap so screw it, I got nothing to lose here." ROTFLMAO.gif

I've collected lots of articles and such on Vitex, estro dom/low progesterone, mennorhagia, dysmennorhea, bio-identical progesterone cream, etc. so if you want to bend my ear about my experiences feel free wink1.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#303 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 06:15 AM

Welcome and GL this cycle Kewpie!

I cannot recall seeing what surgery you're having today Siuann but I will be sending major calm and healing energy your way hug.gif .

I second getting a few different opinions if you haven't already done so Emily25. I hope you're successful on your journey!

Xerxella, my oh my doll, yes indeed this has been a big, fat, super rich humble pie to choke down! I thought I was pretty humble before but ppppfffttttt, I got my butt served! duh.gif At least it's chocolate cheesecake flavored winky.gif .

Ding-dong The Witch has flown! Very pleased for you NaturallyMo thumb.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#304 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 06:16 AM

@chuord AF showed up today at 5am. Best red I've ever seen LOL:rotflmao

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#305 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 06:19 AM

Thanks @mamacatsbaby !

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#306 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 06:57 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thanx, i'd ask another very good doctor and he said the same thing!

that's why i'm looking for a way out...

#307 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 08:49 AM

I thought some of you ladies might find this article interesting. I know that NK cells aren't looked into as much here in the States but for the US ladies have you spoken to your providers about it anyway?

#308 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

xerxella - I hope the time passes quickly! and thanks!

emily - I haven't been in your situation, but I wish you luck!  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#309 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 10:18 AM

Naturallymo - It always feels weird to look forward to a period for me too.  good luck this cycle!

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#310 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 12:11 PM

Uuuuggghhhhhh Now I remember why I hated my period so much....the cramping, the mood swings, the fatigue, the hypersensitivity to every freaking thing Cuss.gif

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#311 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 12:35 PM

Adie Congrats! How amazing after all that little emby went through to get to this point. A true miracle baby. :joy

Monkey :Hughopefully this will mean nothing and the little bean is stuck firm

Xerxella I hope the time flies by for you with positive results at the end!

Mo glad that things are starting to work, even if the first part of the process kinda sucks. 

Milk that is really incredible! I don't know how you are remaining strong, but I truly admire you. I really hope that you find a way to your perfect family because surely you deserve it.

Kewpie welcome back! I do remember you and wish you lots of luck in this new cycle!

Thanks to all of you who replied to my last post. Sorry I haven't been able to post for a while myself. It always seems that when I come by to read the thread I get interrupted before I get a chance to post. My husband seems to be responding well to his meds. His energy and sleep patterns have improved, along with other things that make us hopeful.;) I am ok, just dealing with the aftermath of a canceled cycle. Here's hoping it is all worth it in a few months.

namaste.gif 37 married to the greatest guy in the world tiphat.gif45 w/ azoospermia from low T

IVF #1 angel1.gifangel1.gif

Frozen Transfer neg.gif

IVF #2 Cancled

IVF #3 ???

#312 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Sorry, not much time to post today. Just wanted to say Hi Kewpie! It's brave of you to want more after twins! :wink

I *think* I'm finished puking for today... just in time for school. Had a teensy bit of spotting last night... trying not to worry but I am so terrified for this pregnancy. The worst is going through weeks of morning sickness only to miscarry. Gah. Trying to think positive but the prednisalone is making me really anxious. And of course I want to cry at every TV commercial. I think I need a "Caution: Crazy Lady" name tag. Scan tomorrow.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#313 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

Just dropping by for a second to say I have seen no blood at all the past two days. I think dh and I may have just been overly frisky a few days ago. I had that issue with my son, but with the temp/cervix change (and with the fact that that was how my m/c started in September, and I thought nothing of it the first day), I freaked out. I still have no beta results :irked, but have had no more cramping or spotting, and my temp ticked back up today, so I think it was a false alarm. I will call my doctor's office tomorrow if they don't call me by the end of the day.

Oh, and hi, Kewpie!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***** Oct 2014 - it's a
#314 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
@NaturallyMo wooohooo!!!! And hugs for the roller coaster, sounds like your body is doing the spring clean and getting ready wink1.gif
@mamacatsbaby @LittleKind I was having spotting for up to 7 days before AF was due, I'm putting that changing down mainly to vitex (I'm guessing but probably low progesterone?) which means vitex does work for both ends of the screwed up hormones lol... With my short chem my progesterone was 36 so it's now 'normal ish' it did take 4+ months for the full effect though... I love your explanation of the increased fertility mamacats - if your hormones are balanced it would have to help.
Kewpie - good luck the isci seems to work well for you!
Emily25 - again not trying to pry, but is your condition permanent or something you could improve? I spent 4 years working on healing myself to the point I could ttc, well the first 2 were so I could exist and live a normal life lol... I suffered from daily debilitating migraines, chronic vestibular issues and loads of anxiety... Where orthodox medicine doesn't have a solution there's often some natural treatments that can help... I guess what I'm asking is, could getting you well enough be a solution for you? Hang in there, where there's a will there's a way... My cousins wife had two babies through chronic fatigue (she walks with a stick) and so many ladies around here have dealt with health issues as well.
Laggie - hugs! I'm sure the little one is doing fine, when do you get a scan?
Adie - what's the news???
Hi everyone!
Afm - day 3 letrozole... Hoping that at the scan on Friday I'm traveling well enough not to need the fsh as well...

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#315 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Laggie- good luck at the scan tomorrow!!! Update us.

Mo - congrats on getting AF!

Mamacatsbaby - I've done the NKC testing. The first doc found elevated NKCs. The second doc found my NKCs to be below normal. The third doc found my NKCs to be normal. But, we've been doing intralipid treatment anyways and I just did one yesterday. Intralipids are the standard treatment for elevated NKCs.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#316 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 03:38 PM

Mo, Try knocking back a T or two of raw, organic, apple cider vinegar with at least a cup of water per tablespoon for a chaser to ease the cramps. It's a beautiful thing! orngbiggrin.gif

Have a wonderful scan tomorrow Laggie smile.gif .

Good to see you're hanging in there monkeyscience thumbsup.gif . PAL is certainly not for the faint of heart is it? wink1.gif

chuord, two cycles before I caught with our DS2 I had four days of spotting before AF showed. IIRC the spotting would happen some cycles and not others over the years. I never gave it a second thought and wasn't freaked about it before all this crazy but TTC sure destroyed that blissful ignorance orngtongue.gif .

Xerxella, glad to see your doc is so receptive to treatment thumb.gif . I've seen more than a few frustrated US ladies get in quite a state b/c their providers wouldn't look into it irked.gif . What do you think about Dr. Shehata's malaria pill treatment? Could be some exciting news for some! I certainly hope he will be able to continue his research with it.

Me, AF is here so just mellowing out. Hope she behaves herself this cycle!! shake.gif

#317 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi ladies! Sorry I've been missing in action. Work has been nutty!! I am a psychotherapist in a treatment program for teen girls...never a dull moment!
@monkeyscience-you had me worried! Have you had a beta yet?
@Xerxella- I'm sorry this cycle isn't going as planned!
@Laggie-good luck on your scan tomorrow!!!! I feel you on the crying thing. I cried at an Olympic ski jumping commercial!!
@chuord-I hope you are doing ok...I keep thinking about you. Are you doing more fertility drugs this cycle? Hugs friend!!
@NaturallyMo- sorry about the AF effects you had forgotten about but glad it came. Do you start clomid cd 3?
Hi Everyone else!!
AFM- 1st beta at 10dp3dt was 26. 2nd beta today at 14dp3dt was 117. Things are doubling in good time...however I wish they were a bit higher. It is so hard for me to not re-live the beta hell and trauma of my ectopic fiasco. I am just praying and hoping this little bean sticks around! I am so thankful to be pregnant though! What do your RE's suggest is a good progesterone number?? Mine was 20.2 at 1st beta and my RE likes it above 20...just curious. Love to you all!!!

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#318 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 07:50 PM

Laggie - good luck at the scan tomorrow!  I'm hoping the spotting stays away

Monkey - Glad to hear there's no more spotting! Bleeding is always so scary!

adiejan - I've always been told that the number itself doesn't matter as much as the doubling time.  You're looking good!

AFM - DH and I have been talking a lot about how many embryos to transfer.  We're leaning towards 2 again.  The thought of having 4 under 3 years old is a bit scary.... but if we do 1, and it doesn't take....  we're thinking we'd rather be overwhelmed than broken hearted.  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#319 of 621 Old 01-21-2014, 07:56 PM

I apologie in advance for any typos. Working from my tablet.

thanks for the support ladues. Yes I did forget what a period was like LOL I love the term @chuord used "spring cleaning".

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#320 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 02:13 AM
Banned

thanx a lot!
#321 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 11:43 AM

Thanks for all the support, ladies! I'm going to try to catch up on personals. I apologize in advance if I miss anyone!

Emily - I don't think there's anyone on here using a surrogate, but I feel like there have been discussions about it in the past. Have you tried searching the site for threads about surrogacy? (Not that you aren't welcome here, just that maybe you would find people who've been there, done that!) Also, and this may not work, but @rcr is like the goddess of all fertility things in my mind. I know she's been in other forums where they discuss egg donation/embryo adoption, so maybe she knows a forum with more active support for surrogacy?

Mo - Yay for being on your way! Boo for unpleasant periods. My periods have thankfully not been too bad recently, but I still have plenty of unpleasant memories from past AF "adventures". Hope it passes quickly, and you move on to better things! Keep us updated. :)

Kewpie - Excited to see you guys trying again. It is crazy your kids are so old. I don't know if you remember that my SIL had twins a month before you... but she is pregnant with her 4th now. (Once again, a little bit of a face kick to me, but not her fault!) They will have 4 under 4 for a few months. It seems pretty nuts, but you are now a pro twin mom, so I'm sure you can do it!

Adie - Glad your little one is hanging in there! Doubling time looks great on your betas, and that counts more than actual numbers, as I'm sure you know. Just think happy thoughts about how you're less likely to get morning sick if your hCG levels aren't crazy. Do you have an ultrasound date yet? Also, what an important job you have! I have a ton of respect for you - I have thought a few times about being some sort of psychologist or therapist, but I just lack the ability to not get too personally involved with people. I think I would wind up in a crushing depression myself. Glad that there are others who do that important work, though!

mamacat - If there is one club I never, ever wanted to join, it was definitely the miscarriage club. No offense to the other members, because they are awesome, but... yuck. I thought infertility made me anxious enough about pregnancy. Now I can be scared about both getting pregnant AND not getting pregnant! Good luck riding your crimson tide in serenity. ;)

X - Good luck with your TWW. Are you doing anything besides intralipids with this cycle? Also, I didn't get a chance to respond earlier to your progesterone comment. I've never had progesterone issues. I have a good, spotting-free LP. My miscarriage was totally spotting-free until the day before the miscarriage started, and it would have been pretty late (nearly 8 weeks) for a progesterone deficiency to cause miscarriage. I hate screwing with my hormones any more than I have to, since they're already wacky.  And I hate that if you start progesterone, you can't quit it for months. But I appreciate the thought. :)

chuord - How is the letrozole treating you? And I've forgotten - are you doing IUI, or what is the plan for this cycle?

Laggie - Everything makes me cry. EVERYTHING. I've been more tear-prone since my first pregnancy, but it is getting worse. Yesterday, I was crying at Mulan, for heaven's sake! Because her father was trying to walk without his cane and fell. And because he was worried about the family honor. Maybe we can get matching Crazy Lady tags? Are you seeing an RE back in Canada, or just going to a regular OB or midwife now?

Keli - Glad things are improving for your dh! And I totally understand not having time to reply once you finally catch up. I'm glad to have a busy IF thread again, though!

AFM, FINALLY got my beta results! First beta was 26 (either 9 or 11 DPO, but I'm leaning toward 9) second beta was 160-something - I didn't have a pen to write it down, but I think it was 162 or 164 3 days later. My doubling time is about 28 hours, which is very reassuring. I still cannot get the @#&(* medical assistant to ask the doctor about my TSH, and I have no way of contacting the doctor directly. She just keeps saying that it's normal. :irked I think the doctor would be receptive if I could actually speak to him. She wants me to get another beta tomorrow (I have no idea how much this is going to cost me per test, hopefully not more than $10-15!), so we can figure out when to schedule an ultrasound. Um. In two weeks. That's when we can schedule an ultrasound. Because then I'll be 6 weeks, and we can see a heartbeat. But apparently I'll have to just keep doing stupid blood tests until my beta is over 2000 (which it won't be tomorrow!), because THEN she will be convinced we'll be able to see something. Because I obviously can't know anything about my own body, like when I ovulated. Cuss.gifAnyway, I've been a little reassured that most people talking about thyroid issues in pregnancy have had a TSH of 6 or 8 and have managed to keep their pregnancy until getting treatment. So here's to hoping. I also got a blessing from my husband and my dad Monday night, and that has given me a lot of peace. I really think this baby is going to make it. In the meantime, hopefully my arm doesn't turn into one giant bruise from being poked so often!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
#322 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 11:47 AM

Grr. My mobile reply box has the @ sign, but my computer does not. And the square-brackets thing isn't working. Ohhh, wait, let me try something - it's pulling things up when I just type a regular @ sign!

#323 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 01:06 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Wow, I have been gone for about a month and this thread has just taken off! And you can tag people, and monkey is pregnant yay!!!!!!!!!

@Monkeyscience thanks for calling me a goddess. I would rather be a goddess of , um, fertility, than infertility... But at least I am a goddess redface.gif I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE PREGNANT. and that the spotting has not returned. Come over to the grads thread when you can. We really should change the name of that thread to the fertility challenged grads instead of the IVF grads.

Emily - there is a forum for parents via egg donation that has an active surrogate area.

Kewpie - welcome back. I am relieved that I got pregnant before your return so that I was not lapped by another person.

@Laggie glad things are going well. Have you heard the heartbeat or heartbeats yet

All - welcome to all the new people. I hope your stay is short. Please join us on the grad thread as soon as possible!

AFM - I am trying to stop myself from wanting another. IT IS NOt going to happen unless I am one of those people who magically gets pregnant after years of infertility. Sheesh... I am not even three months postpartum, and don't have AF back. dH and I just had sex for the first time since DD was born, and all I could think of is I hope I get pregnant. Infertility is sure hard to get over. I need to get it back into my head that sex is for fun and not just ttc. If I thought that DH would agree I would do donor embryos again right away before I turn 40.but he is so over ttc and was over it years ago. I am not even going to bring it up. He went along with it last time but it is not going to happen again.

So I guess now I am just one of those people stalking you and cheering you on.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#324 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Monkey - hugs! The never ending pg roller coaster, can be a little rough... I'm doing iui this month, and letrozole that lovely hot flush causing med lol... Actually I get a few symptoms but it's not too bad...
X - did you say they cancelled your cycle? Or are you still trying naturally?
Can I ask has anyone had any success with baby asprin? Does it help babies stick?

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#325 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 01:19 PM
rcr

Oh, and forgot to add - war eagle @NaturallyMo @Siuann

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#326 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 01:43 PM

Monkey - SO glad you're doubling well.  

rcr - I'm glad too.  I would have felt badly.  I've had a hard time getting ttc out of my mind when just having sex as well.  After nearly 15 years of marriage and no spontaneous pregnancies, it isn't going to happen but I still think about peeing on sticks when I'm late and think about conceiving naturally all.the.time.  It sure messes with the head.  I'm afraid that when we do hit our family size limit (hopefully we hit it) I'm afraid of always wanting more after that because that's what has been normal for so long.  I wonder if women who don't obsess over fertility and don't want for so long go through that too..... Keria started the IVF grads thread.  Maybe she can change the name?  Or maybe a new thread should be started?  I think we started it in the fall of 2011...wow...

chuord - I took baby aspirin my second pregnancy and they were born healthy.  My doctor had me go on it as a precaution because we weren't sure what caused my 11 week m/c with my first.  I stayed on progesterone injections till 14 weeks as well, so no idea if either helped or both or what.  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#327 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
monkey - Those are awesome numbers! Congrats!!!! Sometimes nurses can be so silly. They wanted to schedule my HCG test for this cycle and I was like we can do it at 13 dpo, but I'm unavailable 14 dpo. She freaked. LOL You can't do that!!!!!! I finally talked to the head nurse who said it was fine, which of course, it is. I'm doing Lovenox this cycle too. For no reason really. I think I'm going to skip the Prednisone, though. I am doing progesterone again. I don't mind being on it.

mamacatsbaby - Truthfully, I don't really believe the NKC theory. It's not back up by any research. So, I would be hesitant on taking such a strong drug. BUT, if the doc gets some research backing it up and you've got nothing to lose, you might as well. I'm only doing the intralipids because it's considered very safe.

kewpie - I have a friend who did IVF and did end up with 2 set of twins under 4. I'm sure it's crazy, but it's their norm, so it's not too bad. I guess we cope with whatever's thrown at us. I have another friend who put back 3 embryos the first time and got one and the next time put back 2 and got 2. So, as we know, anything can happen.

rcr - It's good to see you. I stalked the graduates thread and saw your little girl. She's beautiful! I'm so in awe of her story! I think about my 7 frosties and wonder if any of them will be a person someday.

chuord - No one cancelled me (as if they could. Ha!) No, it was just such a crappy cycle DH and I didn't want to bother with the IUI, so we just tried on our own.

AFM - Nothing to report. I'm 2 dpo. LOL I don't expect anything from this cycle. Besides, even if it's a +, there's so much more road ahead of me after seeing a +.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#328 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 02:00 PM

xerxella - I've been doing a lot of thinking about it and you're right... it will just be the norm and we'll figure it out.   Good luck and I sure hope this is it for you!  Totally unrelated, but I noticed you're from chicago area.  That's where I grew up... NW suburbs. :)  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#329 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Monkeysc@Xerxella you know I am always thinking of you sending positive vibes your way mama!
@rcr you are a goddess and you want another already? Thanks for checking in with me with a pm. You are very thoughtful!
@monkeyscience I just cracked up ! Definitely pregnant you are.
ATM
I sending the best to all. I may lurk a bit more as I am on a slightly different journey:lurk
#330 of 621 Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 PM
rcr

@tracyamber - I know, right. Crazy. I don't even know how I could handle another (besides the fact that is is not going to happen!). I don't know how those with twins do it. I think my mind is so used to wanting a baby, and TTCing, I don't know how to turn those thoughts off, no matter how irrational or impossible it is. I think it just takes time to get used to a new normal, and I am not there yet. I took care of my mom for 10 years (she had younger-onset alzheimer's). And after she died I found myself worrying about her constantly just like if she was still alive. It was weird to get used to the sudden change of something that had consumed every thought for so long not being there anymore. So I think getting over IF is kinda like that.

Anyway, back to lurking.

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page