The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 621 Old 01-25-2014, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Siuann - glad it was a great success smile.gif you're right sometimes the less time we have to panic first the better it is!
Love your thoughts re the baby love, we've been thinking the same here - somehow it helps get through the rough bits.

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 621 Old 01-25-2014, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siuann View Post

One day we can look back and tell our children how much we loved them even before they were conceived with all the things we went through to bring them into this world.

QFT

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#363 of 621 Old 01-26-2014, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Thanks @chuord . I all kinds of moody and emotional this week. 

@Siuann glad that surg went ok and no blockages. Sending positive vibes your way. 

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#364 of 621 Old 01-26-2014, 09:56 AM

Tomorrow is my last day of clomid and AF finally stopped today. As happy as I was to see her, I needed her to scoot on out of here. This cycle was rough; lots of heavy bleeding and cramping. Anyway, she's done and it's time to move on. This is my first time doing this whole clomid thing so I'm confused about the next steps. Do I wait a few days and starting testing with ovulation kits? My doctor wanted me to have lab work done on cycle day 21 or 22, where my cycle day 1 is the day my period started. 

I'm confused. Can anyone help?

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

#365 of 621 Old 01-26-2014, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

Someone mentioned awhile back they were lost in the acronyms. I well remember that feeling! Here's some help. :down And you can always ask. I thought I was never going to figure out what TWW was - and even once I found out it meant two week wait, I still didn't know what it meant!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
#366 of 621 Old 01-26-2014, 09:59 AM

Mo - I'm assuming you're doing timed intercourse? Yes, I would start doing OPKs ASAP. You probably won't O for awhile, but you don't want to miss it! Also, if you haven't used OPKs before, they are different than pregnancy tests - it's usually recommended that you take them in the afternoon. They can also be maddening, because the test line has to be as dark as the control, and you can have a line for a LOOONG time before it finally hits the right darkness to indicate impending O. HTH.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
#367 of 621 Old 01-26-2014, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Mo - I'm assuming you're doing timed intercourse? Yes, I would start doing OPKs ASAP. You probably won't O for awhile, but you don't want to miss it! Also, if you haven't used OPKs before, they are different than pregnancy tests - it's usually recommended that you take them in the afternoon. They can also be maddening, because the test line has to be as dark as the control, and you can have a line for a LOOONG time before it finally hits the right darkness to indicate impending O. HTH.

Mo - And to add to that, the cd 1 IS the first day of your period and the doc wants to check your progesterone on cd 21 to see if its elevated and that would show you ovulated.

Good luck. And if its bit too much work try to BD with DH at least every third day from now on just to make sure you don't miss your ovulation. Every day or every other day is better if you can manage it. smile.gif

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#368 of 621 Old 01-26-2014, 03:11 PM

Mo - definitely start with the opk's, sometimes you can take it at the wrong time of day and never get a true positive - however if the line fades quickly over a few days chances are you ovulated within 24-48 hrs of the strongest line ( i had that last month and had a chem so I know I ovulated). Like monkey and Xerxella say if you are bd'ing often and taking opk's you have your best chance going. My last cycle with letrozole brought o forward 4 days to around cd15 or a 'normal' cycle...
Here's to a big standard cycle for you xxxx

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#369 of 621 Old 01-26-2014, 09:52 PM

Thanks for the info @monkeyscience @xerra @chuord

#370 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mo, I just want to add that there's a big difference between bw on CD 21 or 22 and bw 7 or 8dpo. Our progesterone peaks at 7 days past ovulation, but that may or may not be anywhere near CD 21, if that makes sense. I'm assuming your Dr is assuming that you will ovulate right at day 14...which you may or may not. Just a thought from my massive experience in blood work that is so date specific, I have to make dates with the hospital. Lol!

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#371 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfamMama View Post

Mo, I just want to add that there's a big difference between bw on CD 21 or 22 and bw 7 or 8dpo. Our progesterone peaks at 7 days past ovulation, but that may or may not be anywhere near CD 21, if that makes sense. I'm assuming your Dr is assuming that you will ovulate right at day 14...which you may or may not. Just a thought from my massive experience in blood work that is so date specific, I have to make dates with the hospital. Lol!

So true. I don't get why so many doctors seem ignorant on this point, either. Even people with totally regular cycles don't necessarily ovulate on day 14 and have a 14 day LP. In fact, I've run in to very few people who seem to have an LP that long, it seems to me.

Question for you ladies (and any of our stalkers who might know): When is the soonest you'd expect to see a heartbeat, assuming a transvaginal ultrasound with a good machine and tech? And what is the latest you'd say it's okay to see nothing but a sac? I'm asking partly for me, and partly for someone in another group, who says her friend is 6 weeks and all they saw was a sac. My understanding is you should have a heartbeat at 6 weeks, or at a bare minimum, a fetal pole. What do you ladies think/know?

PCOS
#372 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I saw a fetal pole at 5 weeks with my first pregnancy, so at 6 weeks you should definitely see one. I've heard stories of people not seeing a heartbeat at 6 weeks and things turning out ok. With my current pregnancy I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks + 3 days... I didn't have any ultrasounds before that so I have no idea if I would have seen it a few days earlier.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#373 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Question for you ladies (and any of our stalkers who might know): When is the soonest you'd expect to see a heartbeat, assuming a transvaginal ultrasound with a good machine and tech? And what is the latest you'd say it's okay to see nothing but a sac? I'm asking partly for me, and partly for someone in another group, who says her friend is 6 weeks and all they saw was a sac. My understanding is you should have a heartbeat at 6 weeks, or at a bare minimum, a fetal pole. What do you ladies think/know?

I saw only sacs at 5.5 weeks and saw very VERY faint HBs at 6w3d, They had to search for several minutes to see the flicker and had to position exactly right to hear them.  One fetal pole was there, but the other was barely barellllllly visible.  Both were very visible at 7w3d and movement was seen at 8w3d.

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#374 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 01:50 PM

I'm having my consult with my new RE tomorrow morning. Scared, excited.... feeling it all.  I've been through this twice before, so I pretty much know what to expect, but I've still got the jitters.  I'm hoping they can get me on BC immediately so we can start working towards stims.  My husband's company was bought out so we're losing our IVF coverage in 6 months.  If I end up m/c again, we may lose our shot if we can't fit in another cycle before this summer.  I need a crystal ball.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#375 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Yes. It should've been seen if they had good u/s equipment. I did a bunch of research on this (I'll try to post it later when I find it), but if the heart hasn't started beating by 5w6d, it's an extremely bad sign. With the last u/s there was no hb at 6w1d, there was a hb of 89 at 7w and none at 8w.

Now. I wouldn't say anything because you have no way of really knowing if they had good u/s equipment and/or a good tech. A bad/rushed tech may not have seen the heartbeat even if it was there.

Kewpie - Good luck! It's crazy to start the whole process over again! I can't imagine. Would you consider doing some freeze all cycles while you have coverage? When you lose coverage you'll still have some frosties in the bank. You could definitely get 2 or 3 freeze all cycles in in 6 months.

AFM - I think I'll start testing tomorrow at 9 dpo. They tested my progesterone today and it was only at 9. And, that's on Crinone, which I hate. I always had fine progesterone levels on endometrium and PIO. I'll go on one of them if I get a + HPT.

#376 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 03:25 PM

Sorry I have no idea re the Foetal pole - I've never got there yet.
Ok finished appointment follies -16, and a couple of almost there ones... The other ovary has 3 but all too small to be in the running
So I'm on 75 gonal for 4? Days and o suppression injections for 3 days (centri...?)... Sat morning appointment with likely trigger sat night for Monday iui... Apparently the blues from the meds is normal... Vitamin b and evening walks or exercise is the best remedy (unless severe and then meds) so I'm getting into that! I'm sick of crying and being not me...
Lol and apparently gonal is gentle on the side effects!
I'm open to any info if you've been through this process and have tips smile.gif
Hope everyone's cycle is on track... Mo, X all good?

#377 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 04:31 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

I'm having my consult with my new RE tomorrow morning. Scared, excited.... feeling it all.  I've been through this twice before, so I pretty much know what to expect, but I've still got the jitters.  I'm hoping they can get me on BC immediately so we can start working towards stims.  My husband's company was bought out so we're losing our IVF coverage in 6 months.  If I end up m/c again, we may lose our shot if we can't fit in another cycle before this summer.  I need a crystal ball.

Have you thought about doing a few freeze-all cycles before your insurance runs out?

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#378 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@naturallymo- good luck with the opks! My RE also mentioned that for pcos women the digital opks often work better to detect the surge.

@chuord- so sorry you are feeling so emotional. You've been through a lot lately and all of those hormones surely don't help! Hugs my friend. It looks like you have a great plan in the works!! I'll be thinking of you...it's always funny when you are doing any ART to think someone else is getting you preggers...that always makes me giggle when I'm lying on the table.

@Kewpie- good luck at your appt tomorrow! Did you ever decide to go for 1 or 2?

@monkeyscience- when do you go in for your 1st U/S? I'm glad you asked that question. I go in feb 4th...super nervous but also excited!

@Xerxella- good luck with the testing! If you know that PIO and endometrium work why do you they put you on crinone? Just curious.

AFM- waiting for u/s next tues. Still cautiously thrilled and living in the moment! It's so hard given my early loss (ectopic) last April, to not feel like something will go wrong.

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#379 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

adiejan - I know!!!!!! I didn't notice it until it was already ordered. They do an order through Walgreens and it all arrived together. I'll fix it. How far along will you be at your u/s?

#380 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 06:32 PM

Adie - I don't know! The #*#$( nurse was supposed to call FRIDAY with my beta results from Thursday, but she still hasn't called. I'm going to be having a serious talk with the doc about her when I see him next. We've had ice Friday and today, so I suppose results could have been delayed, but seriously, I think she just doesn't give a crap about calling. It's all routine to her. My guess is if the results weren't good, she would have called. I was going to try to schedule my u/s for the 5th (my birthday), but dh is having to go out of town at the last minute and won't be back until that afternoon. So hopefully the 6th. I'm just going to call tomorrow and try to schedule an ultrasound without talking to the stupid nurse. :P

chourd - Sorry you're having such a hard time with the meds. I was fairly lucky that the actual fertility meds didn't seem to do too much to me when I did take them. The prometrium, though... that stuff gave me crazy vertigo! Hope your vitamins and exercise help, and your follicles grow, grow grow!

Kewpie - Good luck with a fast start, and hope you get pregnant before your coverage disappears!

PCOS
#381 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Kewpie - Good luck! It's crazy to start the whole process over again! I can't imagine. Would you consider doing some freeze all cycles while you have coverage? When you lose coverage you'll still have some frosties in the bank. You could definitely get 2 or 3 freeze all cycles in in 6 months.

I hadn't even thought of that.... wow... I'll talk to DH and see what he thinks.  We do have 2 frosties in another state, but we were saving them as a last resort (feels wrong to say that) because they were not very high quality.  Plus, they won't age, so we planned to leave them there for now.  hmmmmm

IVF #1 11 weeks

#382 of 621 Old 01-28-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiejan View Post

@Kewpie- good luck at your appt tomorrow! Did you ever decide to go for 1 or 2?

AFM- waiting for u/s next tues. Still cautiously thrilled and living in the moment! It's so hard given my early loss (ectopic) last April, to not feel like something will go wrong.

We'll transfer 2.

Good luck at your u/s.  It's hard if not impossible to shake that feeling that something will go wrong.  I just kept telling myself that things look good now, so for now, every thing is good.  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#383 of 621 Old 01-29-2014, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Chuord - did I read you correctly that you have 16 follicles growing for an IUI cycle? No wonder you're feeling like crap, that's more than some people have for IVF! My clinic once cancelled one of my IUI cycles because I had just 5 mature follicles and they won't do an IUI with more than 4 because the risk of high order multiples is too big (and even when I had just 3 follicles I had to hear the selective reduction speech... ugh).

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#384 of 621 Old 01-29-2014, 11:49 AM

Finally got my beta results and ultrasound date. Beta was 681, which is about a 35 hour doubling time. Ultrasound is a week from Friday.

PCOS
#385 of 621 Old 01-29-2014, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Nice double monkeyscience thumb.gif .

How are you handling the the iciness Mo? Hope you and yours are doing well! hug.gif

Hi to everyone wave.gif ; hope you're all doing well! Super busy here so stalking you guys but not much time for posting. Lots of dust.gif to everyone this cycle blowkiss.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#386 of 621 Old 01-29-2014, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

monkey - Awesome beta!!!!! Super happy for you!!!

AFM - BFN this morning. Not surprising on many levels. It was a crappy cycle and it's early. It's only 8-9 dpo depending on how you count it. I'll test again Friday and Sunday before quitting the progesterone.

#387 of 621 Old 01-29-2014, 01:38 PM

Sourire - sorry my bad shorthand... No I have one follicle that's 16mm, and two that are undersize but can be matured... So I should end up with 3 - omg I can't even imagine having 16! I think I'm just someone whose really sensitive to hormone changes... Years ago I tried the 'marvelon' Bc pill - it gave me morning sickness every day between 12-2pm lol.
Monkey - yay for the doubling time, it's looking really good - looking forward to your ultrasound results!
Hi mamacats smile.gif
Xerxella - you are brave testing that early wink1.gif I struggle testing before 14dpo now - I'm scared of those lonely lines...
Afm - I tried the exercise and vitamin b multi - it really worked a treat to lift my mood, so I'm recommending it to anyone who needs a lift... Also magnesium - apparently most people are deficient in it and it's so important mindlesschrissy found this article that I found fascinating https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/vitamins-and-miscarriage/magnesium

#388 of 621 Old 01-29-2014, 01:53 PM

monkeyscience - Yay!  I'll be looking forward to your u/s results next week!

xerxella - That's still really early.  I'm still hoping for you!

I had my IVF consult today.  She's thinking we'll be ready to start stims the beginning of March and retrieve and transfer mid march, depending on when my period starts in february.

She took a look at my ovaries this morning and it looks like I'm about to ovulate.  I didn't think I ovulate at all, but apparently I am.  I have a follicle on my left side that's big and about ready to rupture.  I'm on CD 16 right now.  Isn't that late???  She told us to have sex tonight and friday and see if we can catch it and avoid IVF.  But does a late ovulation make a difference in egg quality?

I'm also on the fence because if we do catch it and we get a baby, we lose all the potential totcicles (frozen embryos) for the future.  Since we're losing our IVF coverage in the next 6 months (maybe 9) it's kind of making me hesitate.  

She did say that I have an beautiful egg reserve which made me feel good and I have 15 early follicles on one side and around 11 on the other.  She's hoping to be more aggressive than my last RE and get us 10-12 eggs, so a couple of freeze all cycles may not be needed.  I guess we'll see how I respond.

She said she's leaning towards the progesterone suppositories instead of PIO.  I've only ever done PIO injections, so I'm wondering what the suppositories are like.  Anybody care to share?  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#389 of 621 Old 01-29-2014, 03:21 PM

Kewpie - yay for getting straight onto it! I don't think that cd16-17 is late, my natural o is cd 19 like clockwork (my problem is age) this iui cycle he's getting me to o on cd17...
Re the pessaries - I took one days worth last month (before I found out if was a chem) I discovered that something is been told was true - they are quite messy when used vaginally, you also need to either lie down for 20-30 mins after insertion or coat a tampon in Vaseline and insert it afterwards if lying down isn't an option... Apparently it's less messy to use rectally (and as efficient) but can cause the runs. Hope that helps lol although I know it's not an appealing description wink1.gif

#390 of 621 Old 01-29-2014, 03:34 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

I hadn't even thought of that.... wow... I'll talk to DH and see what he thinks.  We do have 2 frosties in another state, but we were saving them as a last resort (feels wrong to say that) because they were not very high quality.  Plus, they won't age, so we planned to leave them there for now.  hmmmmm

@Kewpie80I was thinking the same thing. You could make the decision to freeze all or transfer when you find out how many blasts you get.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Tags
Infertility

User Tag List