The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 621 Old 02-17-2014, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@chuord- I am really thinking you should POAS...smile.gif

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 of 621 Old 02-17-2014, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

xerxella - So excited for you!  I can't wait to see if any of them stuck in a couple weeks!

autumn - welcome!  I'm not far behind you.  Hopefully we'll be graduated IVF preggo buddies together.  We're doing ICSI too.  It's amazing what they can do with such tiny little things!

AFM - Nothing much to report other than each day I'm feeling less and less rageful, so I must be getting used to the hormones.  Yay?

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#543 of 621 Old 02-17-2014, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone.  I'm joining in on this thread.  

I am 39.  Our baby was stillborn at 38 weeks about 7 months ago.  Dh and I are TTC and haven't gotten pregnant yet.  I am taking B6, Vit D, DHEA, Royal Jelly, Prenatals, Cal/Mag, CoQ10.

We saw the RE after losing our baby so we could speed the process up of getting pregnant because it took 9 months to conceive our baby that died.  RE thought he could have us pregnant by Christmas.....and here we are not pregnant.

We did injects and clomid for 2 cycles using TI.  First cycle 3 eggs.  Second cycle 1 egg.  BFN.  Since I only got 1 egg from my last cycle with RE (and I normally ovulate on my own) we took a break and dtd ourselves.  Still BFN.  

This month we went back to RE and still injects and clomid.  3 eggs on my right and 1 egg on my left.  We decided to do an IUI just in case it was dh's sperm (which it wasn't).  So I am in the 2WW.  

He said if this doesn't work we need to talk about IVF which we can't afford.  I have two kids previously and I don't know why I can't get pregnant.

#544 of 621 Old 02-17-2014, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Kewpie - I'm so impressed at your self control at feeling the mood change coming and controlling it... Also even better if your body is adapting - I've never had that lol. So glad you only get one month of it!
Xerxella - woohoo!!! Sounds like you are in for a fantastic chance this month - everything crossed!
Autumn laughing - welcome here! Omg that was a huge increase in estrogen!!! I'm glad they are dropping it a little bit - no wonder your hormones were manic smile.gif I know right (although I do feel line bd around o) guys have no idea the hormonal changes we get...
Adie - I did get a very faint positive yesterday - but assumed it was the hcg working out still... How are you? Your natural bubble seems to be overusing any hormonal effects? smile.gif
Ilovemy - welcome! Sorry for your loss, hugs re the journey being harder... We understand smile.gif but hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait.
Afm - ok cramping so bad Sunday night that it woke me up and had to take pain killers to sleep, not proper AF cramping though - less generalized (if that makes sense) then had the faint residual bfp (14dpo) spotting during the day - tmi some clots? So will test again in a few minutes but not much hope - expecting it to be lighter again... Oh boobs have been getting more tender - but could be AF... I find these last few days so confusing, I was doing really well at staying calm And neutral, then I get suspicious, then hopeful and by the time AF arrives devastated lol - ok off to test.

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#545 of 621 Old 02-17-2014, 02:01 PM

chuord - (hugs)

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#546 of 621 Old 02-17-2014, 02:27 PM

Thanks kewpie smile.gif
Ok I tested, it's about the same as yesterday so no idea if hcg shots or me... First pic is 14dpo second is today at 15dpo

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#547 of 621 Old 02-17-2014, 02:31 PM

Sorry about quality - lol it was still dawnish... Also I think my urine was much more concentrated yesterday... Anyway until I see a beta increase I'm not getting excited either way... Thanks so much for your thoughts!

#548 of 621 Old 02-17-2014, 09:35 PM

@chuord- I am going to pray that it is not the HCG from your shots. I am going to think positively about this one friend...sticky baby juju your way!!  How long ago did you take them and at what dosage?  When do you have your beta?  What did you mean by my natural bubble love...I was confused ha ha.

@Kewpie80- I'm glad you are feeling less rageful...gotta love the hormones!!  When do you start your cycle? 

@Xerxella- I hope your 2ww goes quickly!!  FX for you and a sticky bean!

@ilovemykiddos- I'm so sorry for your loss :(!!  I hope that things move more quickly for you!!  The ladies on here are wonderfully supportive!

Hi everyone else!

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#549 of 621 Old 02-17-2014, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
@chuord. Oh I hope it is your own hcg. Sending hugs and positive vibes.
@Xerxella I am hoping there is a little embie about to snuggle in real tight in a couple more days.
@ilovemykiddos sorry for your loss. That must have been real hard and probably still is emotionally. I am glad you are able to jump right back to get your
Baby.

Afm- I may be joining you soon. We have decided to do donor eggs. I feel great about this decision so I think it is the right path to take to expand our family.
Thanks chuord for encouraging me to stop by. And thanks xerxella for posting a comment to my thread. No one ever comments to my threads . Maybe I just sound crazy.
#550 of 621 Old 02-17-2014, 11:07 PM

adiejan - Hoping to start stims 2nd week in march

IVF #1 11 weeks

#551 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 01:38 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Xerxella- it sounds like a great chance for you this month! Any updates??

Kewpie- I hear you on the hormones, they are brutal. I was surprised how they can totally take over you, even when you know the situation rationally is different. Hang in there! Your little baby will be worth it.

Chuord- think I said it all on the other thread!! Congrats again on your BFP and fx for a sticky one :-)

I love my kiddos- oh you've had a tough journey. My heart clenches at how much you have been through and I so admire the way you're still fighting for your baby. With spirit and determination like that- it will come! I will watch your story and hang out to celebrate with you.

Traceyamber- exciting/scary step for you! Another brave woman fighting for what she wants! Good for you. Please keep us updated on your experiences. Good luck!

Afm it's CD4, AF found me and I've rolled into the next (third) round of clomid. I hope the hormones are not as brutal this time (or DH does!!).
#552 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 05:20 AM

Adie - I meant your bubbly cheerful personality smile.gif overcoming the meds - I think auto correct got me.

Night all - thanks for the support, too exhausted to wrote more xxx

#553 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 09:13 AM

@Kewpie80 - Totally with you on the mood swings.  It does help a little to know that it's hormones and not just being a crazy pants doesn't it?

@chuord - FX those lines keep getting darker and that you get an excellent beta!

AFM- Got U/S moved up to CD 11 (Thursday), trigger shot should be here from the pharmacy today, and I'm almost done with our first round of Clomid!  Will keep bd-ing EOD and wait to see what U/S shows.

Our family: Caite (32), DH (35), one dog2.gif, two cat.gif, some chicken3.gif, and a bunch of cows.
#554 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitewould View Post

@Kewpie80 - Totally with you on the mood swings.  It does help a little to know that it's hormones and not just being a crazy pants doesn't it?

Indeed.  It was sure a relief

Yay for end of round!  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#555 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Still around --trying not to over think things right now- I think about you all often. I am sure once we truly get started on the process I will be on here more often. 

Right now we are still waiting for our appointment.

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#556 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome. The reason we started ttc is because my heart and hands ache for a baby. I keep thinking if I had a baby maybe he wouldn't have died for nothing...idk I don't see any purpose in babies dying.

Does anyone here know what extra tissue means? When I went for my iui he couldn't see my cervix and then left to get a different speculum and as he left the room he said something about extra tissue. When I went for my hsg that dr had to get a diff speculum too...said my cervix was high up.

Everyone says iui is quick but it wasn't. And my hsg the dr said this usually doesn't take as long.

Bec I want to vent...I don't like my re. I am using him bec he got 4 people I know pg. when I saw him after our using him break I said I don't know why I can't get pg and he said yes you do. I said I do? And he said egg quality. I never feel like I have time with him. I pay 150 for ultrasound and out in 5 min. I get 5 min total. But dh says when he gets us pg I won't feel this way.

I really wish I could go to a female re as I would be way more comfortable. But this guy knows my response and hx.

Ok vent over.
#557 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Ilovemykiddos - ((((hugs)))). Don't be afraid to change REs if tours isn't giving you the response you need. There are lots of REs that specialize in us AMA gals. Go look on the SART website and see who has better stats in your area. Go with the data. Maybe the 4 people you know are the ONLY 4 people he's ever gotten pregnant!

Tinytina - When's your appointment?

Caite- Yeah for almost being done with clomid! Come on Thursday. I can't wait to find out how many follicles you have cooking in there! smile.gif

Oxford - congrats on starting another round of clomid. orngtongue.gif I hope it's your last one! What's the plan if this one doesn't work? I forget, do you do ultrasounds on these cycles? (Just worried about your lining after 3 rounds of Clomid).

Tracy - yeah for you joining us!!!! Are you looking in to donor embryos or just donor eggs? So glad to see you here. smile.gif

Chuord - Any news? Honestly, those don't look positive to me. I hope I'm wrong.

Kewpie and adiejan - any updates?

AFM - nothing to report. Hopefully I have some 8-ish cell bundles in my Fallopian tubes right now.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#558 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 01:24 PM

Beta this morning, lines are definitely there, pink and in time... Just they seem to be getting lighter so possibly another chem... Will find out this am

#559 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM

xerxella - nothing new till sunday, but I'm just adding a new med.  Nothing exciting yet.

chuord - Oh dear :(  I sure hope not.  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#560 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 02:31 PM

@Xerxella yes, donor eggs . I am thinking about you and hoping you will graduate from here!!!!!!!!!!!
@chuord ughhh, sending baby dust!!!!!!!!
Everyone else- hello!
#561 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

@chuord - I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

@ilovemykiddos - that sounds like a hard road!  I hope it's easier from here on out.  I'm also for at least checking out other options in your area.  I don't much care for my doctor, but the place has good stats, and it's convenient... 

@Kewpie80 hopefully I'll be an inspiration ;)  I feel like I've been dealing with my moods by hiding most of the time... I'm feeling grateful that I can just hide away from anyone if I have to!  

Speaking of SART, though, they have 2012 data up!  I'm way too excited about that.  I'm a total dork for statistics.

...And while I'm being a complete dork, NPR had an article about IVF today. 

Decreasing the meds seems to have calmed my stressed-ness some, so that's good.   I'm feeling kind of inspired to start all of the art projects that the infertility experience has made me think of, but I'm still too tired to *actually* do any of them!   (I did make a stack of nickles to try to visualize what my eggs will look like.  Maybe I'll keep that up when I find out what they actually do look like?  U/s tomorrow...)  I also kind of want to do a "time lapse photo", like the baby-bump ones... It would have been great to be doing that before I lost weight (@ 30 lb, roughly 2 years ago), or before I moved.  Of course, now I'm thinking that I want to do a pregnancy bump time lapse, only start with a lot of non-pregnant photos (...I'd have to cheat a little for that...) to represent my actual experience. My problem there is that I just don't have good lighting anywhere except in the middle of the day, and I'm usually at work then. 

On a hopeful day, I try to keep in mind that I'm getting to experience things that many people never do... 

DH(38) + I(37) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 2/2014 - IVF cycle =  due in mid November!
#562 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 09:35 PM

Autumn loving - love the art ideas smile.gif

Afm - I'm out hcg was minimal... Onwards and upwards! Just waiting on AF now until mega meds... Frustrating journey this... Fx to those of you still in!

#563 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 09:37 PM

chuord - I'm so sorry.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#564 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 09:44 PM

@chuord hugs to you. It's always so maddening, frustrating and devastating. Keep strong and sending hugs and strength.
#565 of 621 Old 02-18-2014, 09:55 PM

Chord I'm sorry. AF sucks.

So I looked at sart and it is all Greek to me. But I found a website that lists success of ivf for age range. My clinic was 27 out of 35. That's not good is it?
#566 of 621 Old 02-19-2014, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Chuord - hug.gif Sorry. I hope AF comes quickly and you can move on.

Ilovemykiddos - Yeah. That's pretty bad. And with his bad attitude I honestly don't know why you'd stay with him. Unless he's the only one in a reasonable area? If there are others in your area, look them up on sart and pick one data point on sart. Such as your age and births per retrieval. Then pick the one with the highest percentage and just go for a consult. If you want to share your location we can help you. smile.gif (I'm also a stats geek).

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#567 of 621 Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Chuord big hugs. You are so close sweetheart, just hang in there. :-)
Can you do something nice over the weekend with DH? Give you both a break and have some fun!

Autumn- I am lovibg your art projects! That is so creative. Is that your job or just a hobby? Glad to hear the stress has receded this journey is tough enough without chemicals making it more intense.

I love my kiddos- the success rates are important but you also need to feel trust. If you are not happy you should look around. You might find one better, or all worse!

Xerxella- any news??
Thank you for your comments, I love your no nonsense style in just saying things how you see it. I was thinking about what you said about my lining after 3 rounds of clomid. I phoned the hospital this morning and they agreed to track me this month. Yay! I get to watch eggs baking again :-). Thank you for the push to ask for it.

Hope everyone else is doing well. The rain has finally stopped here so I hope it will be an end to the storms.

Have a good evening
#568 of 621 Old 02-19-2014, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Sorry for the bad news, chuord and Mo! I hope these new cycles are your lucky ones!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
#569 of 621 Old 02-19-2014, 12:59 PM

@chuord- I'm so sorry!! Stupid stupid infertility...I truly hate it!!!!! Hugs!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#570 of 621 Old 02-19-2014, 01:03 PM

@Xerxella- I'm sorry you've asked how I am twice and I'm so flaky lately I didn't answer. Things are going well! Just trying not to worry constantly for no reason. I don't really know where I fit on here anymore. I don't want to be insensitive and post about myself. So I just keep cheering you all on!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Tags
Infertility

User Tag List