Hoping to start a Family! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-10-2014, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello! My wife and I are starting the process of IUI and I am curious if anyone has: 1. Gone through Oregon Reproductive Medicine? 2. Used NW CryoBank or OHSU sperm bank? 3. Used Clomid? 4. The IUI process...how long did it take you? Thank you everyone who is willing to share your experiences. We are so excited to start our family. Mrs. Selfridge :)

Me (29) hearts.gif DW (38)  superhero.gif   DS adoptionheart-1.gif  dog2.gifSchnapps dog2.gifDaisy
#2 of 5 Old 01-11-2014, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I can only comment on #4. The IUI process itself is pretty simple. The doc will generally do some tests first to make sure an IUI will work for you. Some basic blood tests at the beginning of your cycle to make sure you appear to have regular ish cycles and an HSG to make sure your tubes are clear. So it takes a month of testing and then you can try the next month if your doc is on the ball.

If you're doing clomid, you'll take pills for 5 days on probably days 3-7 of your cycle, then you'll probably go in to the docs office around day 9 and they'll do a transvaginal ultrasound and look to see how the follicles are growing. You'll probably go back around day 11 or 12 and then get a shot of medication to make you ovulate and they'll do the IUI 36 hours later. Your mileage may vary.

The IUI itself is straight forward. Find cervix, insert sperm.

Have you done any testing yet? When do you start?
tracyamber likes this.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#3 of 5 Old 01-12-2014, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Xerxella,
Thank you for sharing! We are at the very early stages, getting ready for our consult. I have asked different clinics what the average process was like and they do not give much info- so thank you! This is what I was hoping to hear about. Really looking forward to getting started :-D
Mrs.Selfridge. rainbow1284.gif

Me (29) hearts.gif DW (38)  superhero.gif   DS adoptionheart-1.gif  dog2.gifSchnapps dog2.gifDaisy
#4 of 5 Old 01-19-2014, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone looking to adopt embryos dh and I have had four faied transfers dint know if this is the right place just looking for advise and a couple that has extra embryos that are planning to dinate
#5 of 5 Old 01-21-2014, 09:44 AM

Hi Mrs. S! Congrats on starting your family! I'm also in the IUI process in Oregon. We're going through OHSU, but I've heard great things about ORM, too. We looked at the OHSU sperm bank, but since it's pretty small we didn't find a donor who matched my hubby's background, so we went with a larger national bank. Dealing with the OHSU team (who prepares the sample when we come in) has been smooth and easy, though, in case you do use their bank. We've only gone through one cycle, which didn't work- the second will probably be sometime this week. My doc wants me to try 3 natural cycles (since they're regular), then move on to Clomid. Please feel free to send me a personal message if you want to talk about it more! Good luck! :)

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page