The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

Old 03-16-2014, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Tract amber - so exciting!!! I'm so looking forward to seeing this work for you smile.gif
Me - just biding time... Not a lot of twinges so no idea yet... But hopeful

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12******20***24***28***32***
36***40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
@Tracy...that's good news!

AFM we are going with iui this cycle. The clomid dries me out so maybe that is why iui worked and not timed intercourse.

And we decided if this doesn't work to go to mexico for ivf. Tijuana we are thinking because it is only 3 hours away from us. Their website says 60% cheaper than us prices. There is no way I'm going to be able to afford it at our clinic. Dh will call today since he speaks Spanish. I think I should start lining this up.

There is an option for ivf and if with genetic. So I'm going to ask about both since I am still unsure on the pros and cons
Old 03-16-2014, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

@xerxella, @chuord, thanks for the welcome! :)

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
Old 03-16-2014, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

@girlspn - Welcome! GL with your IUI. I've used Clomid before but only with TI & had no luck. But I think I may have been a poor responder.

@Kewpie80 - Good thing you caught that costly mistake! Thanks for the good wishes :) Did meds come on time??

@tifga - Hope everything goes well with third beta. That's so hard to be waiting for news like that... BUT your #s doubled, so that's wonderful! Congratulations!

@chuord - Thanks! I logged in to the Boston IVF patient portal & realized I could have been checking out my US results from each appt, including all my follicle measurements! (Doh!) It looks like there were at least 10 follies on each side at last US but only 3-6 on each side of the optimum measurements for fertilization. I feeling so excited & hoping all goes well. How are you feeling? Fx for you as well ;)

Old 03-16-2014, 03:10 PM

Ilovemykiddos - that sounds like a sound option, good to see that you've found a solution that works for you both... Do you know anyone that has used the Tiguas practice? Dh checked with some people he knows re ours as he felt it was important to know that the level of care was there - just a thought.
Tracy - I just keep thinking of your perfect lining, ready to receive smile.gif
Girlspn- how far through this cycle are you?
Mainebaby - I think that sounds like a great number of follies, apparently anything over 10 increases your chances of ohss, autumn laughing can you refresh us on your stats? I'm thinking you got 18? Did you get much bloating? And I know you got heaps of frosties - what day were they?
When you keep the emotions out (which given the hormones can be tricky) the whole process is soo fascinating! The magic of life right before your eyes wink1.gif lol well day by day at least... MaibebBy - that's do cool you can look your stats up!!!! Would love to do that!

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
36***40
Old 03-16-2014, 03:23 PM

@ilovemykiddos - Great that Dr. is offering you guys a discount; that's pretty uncommon! Compassionate Care& First Steps savings programs have income limits, unfortunately. We definitely aren't rolling in it haha, but we didn't make the cut-off. GL with IUI this cycle! Cool your hubby speaks Spanish - that should be a huge help if you decide MX IVF is for you!

@Autumnlaughing - Awesome your insurance covers lots! Hopefully it will be more rather than less... Here in Maine insurance covers no IF treatment at all. :(

@NaturallyMo - I'm sorry you're feeling down. I know it's already been said but - a sperm analysis is so inexpensive & easy to do (maybe even fun for him, lol). You should give him some info about it & see what he says :)

@Xerxella - First Disney, now China! You're going to be racking up those frequent flyer miles! ;) GL, and hope you get great news when you get back!!

@tracyamber - That's wonderful! Clear for landing, hehe! Thanks for the info on vitamin D, now I feel like I should be taking an extra supplement, haha. I never drink milk but I do have 1/2 & 1/2 from our local dairy farm in my tea (& sometimes coffee because I can't help but have a few sips in the AM!!) GL with your donor :)

@chuord - Thanks, we're doing ICSI, I can't remember, did you do ICSI? I don't seem to have any OHSS symptoms. I'm not sure how many follicles is average? Mine were actually really slow-growing. This whole process is fascinating, but also nerve wracking! uhoh3.gif

Old 03-16-2014, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Old 03-16-2014, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
You all are so positive women. Thank you for making this such a safe place to share our struggles and happiness.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:15 PM

Questions - What to wear to retrieval? Loose fitting clothing of course but do I get to keep my shirt on or will they make me wear a johnny/gown? Also, what to expect post-retrieval? So far I've heard constipation & bloating... pain - terrible or tolerable?

Old 03-16-2014, 06:40 PM

Mainebaby - ohss tends to occur after retrieval if it happens... It seems that the process of maturing all those eggs throws the bodies natural electrolyte and protein balance out, so you end up with extra fluid in the tummy area - I put on 4kg (59-63)between retrieval and transfer - back to normal now
We did half ICSI half standard (dh has excellent swimmers)
Ok if I was doing a second round, I'd start taking a satchel of 'movicol' or similar laxative a few days before and increase to two satchels after... (The worst for me was 5 days of blockage) yes they put you in full hospital gown so just go comfy and easy to put back on again, as you'll probably be getting dressed while still a little groggy. They go through the vagina wall (most times) so take a pad and stick it in ready while changing into your theatre stuff (sorry for the tmi everyone else) you will get a few days of some spotting. Make sure you have a heat pack at home, with the heat pack I only used paracetamol as pain relief, but you can use stronger. Also you will be starting extra meds straight after (progesterone and estrogen) apparently sometimes when they harvest eggs the corpus listen doesn't produce as much as it normally would - so they boost your supply. I was told to drink 3 litters of fluids a day, and stick to smaller high protein food. I also used protein shakes for those tones I felt 'too full' to eat anything. Most of all be gentle with yourself and happy that you will be the next step through the process... It wasn't as scary as I thought - GL xxx

36***40
Old 03-16-2014, 06:56 PM

@chuord - Great advice, thanks so much! I might have my hubby pick up some laxative at the drugstore. I think I'm just going to wear a hoodie & yoga pants. Going to bed soon! Goodnight all :) Thanks Chuord!

Old 03-16-2014, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the welcome!!

@mainebaby Good luck with the retrieval! Are you inseminating this cycle as well?

@tracyamber glad to hear all your test results are good! 

@chuord today is CD 9, and tomorrow my dr will do an ultrasound to check how my follicles are growing. I'm really hoping I won't need Clomid this cycle. 

#2 due December 2014!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:57 PM

@xerxella, where are you going in China? Good luck to you!!

#2 due December 2014!
Old 03-16-2014, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

@tifga - Doubling is good! I'm sorry they've worried you with asking to do another beta, but hopefully it will just bring added reassurance. Congrats!!

@NaturallyMo - I'm sorry you and your hubby aren't getting along. But seriously, if he won't even do a a simple semen analysis, it really isn't worth spending any more time/money on fertility treatments. It's every bit as likely it's him as that it's you (or that it's both of you). Sperm testing is completely noninvasive, unlike all the things we subject ourselves to. Either he's in this with you, or he's not. If he's not, well, better to find out sooner than later! Also, maybe I mentioned this before, but how is your cervical mucus? Clomid is notorious for drying it up, so even if his swimmers are good, they may be dying from lack of nourishing CM. Pre-Seed is an easy solution to that problem. :)

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 03-17-2014, 07:14 AM

@girlspn - Yes, we are doing IVF & hopefully Sunday will be the transfer. Off to the retrieval, now!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! I'm hoping some of this Irish "luck" will rub off on me ;)

Old 03-17-2014, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

@monkeyscience My CM is good :thumb And Im going to ask him at the sperm test. We can do an at home test before going to the doctor for it. 

This weekend was particularly tense between us and I can still feel some of that tension lingering. Anyway, we'll get over it. 

I'm still not sure about AF. She's about 4 days later according to one tracker and 23 days away according to another. shrug.gif I'm going to give myself until Friday and then I'll test that way I will be 14 days since my last positive ovulation test.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

I sent DH a message this morning about the sperm testing. He seems to be ok with giving it a try after all so I'm going to pick up a home test from the pharmacy and we will give it a try tonight. Here goes nothing...

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

Old 03-17-2014, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thats good news Mo!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

okay, update on us!  so blood work was last week.. oh joy.   no results back yet.  my doc appointment with my cousin's doctor is on this wednesday.  he's the guy who will/won't approve me to be a surrogate.  no reason to think he won't approve me, but you never know.   if approved, i could be starting hormones soon.

i'm starting to feel PMS-y.. i think my cycle is going to start in the next day or two.  i haven't been keeping track of my cycle, so at least it will be good to know for sure where i'm at.

my appointment with her clinic's psychologist is next week.  no reason to think there will be any issues there as well.

my cousin got into contact with another mother who had a child through surrogacy, and she so nicely let us see her contract.  so my cousin and i have been going through the contract, changing names/dates and coming to an agreement on all major issues.  she's got a lawyer, and now i need to find one too (cousin will pay lawyer's fees).  the lawyer just needs to make sure that we all understand what we're signing.

sooooo.... we've got all sorts of things happening!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
Old 03-17-2014, 11:53 AM

@NaturallyMo - Good, hopefully this test will help you guys gain a little more knowledge about your fertility. GL!

@shelley4 - So loving of you to do that for your cousin. Best wishes for everything going well.

AFM: I'm home with the heating pad on the couch while hubby does some work on the "big" computer, haha. I'm not in too much pain as long I am lying down. They retrieved 17 eggs!! So happy!! 17 eggs on the 17th of March ;) They'll call tomorrow with fertilization results. They said retrieval will either be Thurs or Sat. Now it's time for me to take a nap!

Old 03-17-2014, 12:06 PM

Should I change to waiting to know? Since I just had the retrieval.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks @mainebaby  I think it's feasible to switch :thumb

Old 03-17-2014, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

number hit 8 this morninf. 

Old 03-17-2014, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@tifga- I am so sorry! Early losses are still awful...hugs!!!!

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I'm so sorry, tifga. That really, really sucks. Many hugs to you! greensad.gif

Mo - Glad your dh is being cooperative!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 03-17-2014, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

sorry for your loss @tifga  :(  sending hugs.

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
Old 03-17-2014, 03:40 PM

@mainebaby-- What do you need between retrieval and transfer? Do you need to take any meds?

@tifga-- i am sorry.. hugs to you.

@naturallymo-- glad to hear your DH is okay with testing. Good luck!

#2 due December 2014!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:04 PM

Hugs Tifga greensad.gif
Woohoo Mo on his agreeance... Re the arguments - great passion has to be balanced with something wink1.gif
Mainebaby - congrats that is awesome!!! Rest up and fx for fertilization.
Shelly - the stuff we take after an egg harvest cycle might be different, ask one of the ladies like kewpie who've done a frozen transfer smile.gif fx for your approval!
Hi everyone else!
I felt a bit better yesterday so did a little bit of stuff - was so tired and yet couldn't sleep last night... Oh well another day smile.gif

36***40
Old 03-17-2014, 05:18 PM

@tifga - I'm so sorry.

@girlspn - I start progesterone (Endometrin tablets) tomorrow 3x/day & continue until they tell me to stop. Luckily they had 18 days worth of samples to give me! It's so nice to be done with injections. :rotflmao

@chuord - Thanks! I slept a bunch today so far. Hubby is being great about doing things around the house since he took today off. GL on your upcoming beta, when is it scheduled for? :blowkiss 

Old 03-17-2014, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

So I'm surfing the crimson tide surf.gif AF made her appearance this evening. shrug.gif I guess I'm moving back to waiting to O. Let me go pop 'Dirty Dancing' in and curl up in bed.

Tags
Infertility
User Tag List
chuord, Xerxella