The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
First ... 9  10  11 12  13  21  ... Last
Infertility > The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 08:07 PM 03-17-2014

I'm beginning to notice a pattern: 10 days after my last positive ovulation test, AF shows up. Its been exactly 10 days. I have about 5 days positive tests, with the first day being a faint line and the second day being a super dark line. It seems I'm O'ing during the first week of each month. Granted this is only after 3 months of serious tracking but I'm noticing a pattern which  a) still doesn't explain why I'm not getting pregnant despite knowing for sure when I'm O'ing; b) hasn't been this predictable since early last year when I finished BCP; and c) might require some additional tracking such as temping (not sure how well that will work since I literally do not and cannot go to bed at the same time every night and get even 3 hours of straight sleep - you try sleeping straight through the night with kids!)

tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 09:03 PM 03-17-2014
@NaturallyMo
Don't you temp just after you wake in the mornings( before you get out of bed)? That's how I did it... Gulp. For a Whole year in another country when to find out dh had the lowest amount of sperm. That's another story so maybe I have no idea. Hugs
monkeyscience's Avatar monkeyscience 09:55 PM 03-17-2014

Temping may be worth a shot, Mo. I was able to see a temp shift even with still getting up once a night or so to nurse my son. Also, are you counting any line on your OPK as a positive, or only when it's as dark as/darker than the control? Hope you get some more answers soon!

mainebaby's Avatar mainebaby 06:02 AM 03-18-2014

I was never one for temping, Tried it intermittently for at least two years with FertilityFriend.com  but never could keep a steady wake up time. Finally I gave up! GL though; if you have a good routine you should be fine doing it.

NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 07:42 AM 03-18-2014

@tracyamber @monkeyscience @mainebaby I've tried temping but I was never consistent. My sleep pattern is horrible, y'all. Horrible! But I'm going to see what I can do. The thing about when I first wake up is that I fall immediately back to sleep and keep doing it about 3-4 times before I realize it. I'm a deep sleeper. SMH I have all kinds of issues LOL

mainebaby's Avatar mainebaby 08:45 AM 03-18-2014

LOL @NaturallyMo in my post-retrieval anesthesia/numbing drug fog, I could not for the life of me remember what word I was looking for this morning in my most recent post. It was consistent!! When I read your post above I was like OMG that's the word I was searching for  - duhhhh! duh.gif

- TMI alert -  So today I accomplished some things I am very proud of, LOL. One is - overcame post-retrieval bathroom issues banana.gif I also made breakfast for the hubby while walking around like the hunchback of Notre Dame, did dishes, folded clothes, showered (!!), and started Endometrin. Snuck some coffee, too, mwahaha! :coffee Question for those who have taken Endometrin: what side effects did you have? Also, did you use the applicator? I wasn't too successful with that this morning.... Thanks!!

ilovemykiddos's Avatar ilovemykiddos 09:50 AM 03-18-2014
@tifga...I am so sorry.

@naturallymo...the crimson tide ... That cracks me up. I've never heard of that before.

@mainebaby...I never figured the inserts out as it always came back out with the applicator. Tmi

@Tracy...very excited for ywontget m to the next page.and i call there usa number and i only get a recording.ou

@Shelly...go to you and your cousin

As for me, I cant get ahold of Tijuana Ivf clinic. They have a website but request a quote wont work and their USA number I just reach a recording.
Autumnlaughing's Avatar Autumnlaughing 11:12 AM 03-18-2014

I've been reading along, but this is the 2nd busiest work week of the year, so I haven't had much chance to respond!

@tifga - *hugs*

@mainebaby - sorry that I haven't had a chance to pipe up!  I'm glad things went well - I had pretty much the same experience as Chuord, tho a little more luck in the bathroom department - which, BTW, is also something that happens because of the hormones, so stay on the fiber and water!  And I didn't spot, but the nearby mucus membranes were Not Pleased. 

I'm on Crinone for progesterone this time, but I've used Endometrin before, and tried it again for a few days last week.  Both tend to come back out the way they went in sometime later (it's normal + they've already released the progesterone at that point, it's just kinda gross.. I wear a panty liner)  I'm not sure *what* is drying me out, but *something* is, and the dry Endometrin "pills" were pretty painful (the Crinone is a gel).  I haven't had too much of an issue with the Endometrin applicators, which surprised me because I can't seem to use tampons with applicators correctly!   I've been using coconut oil to try to keep things a little less dry, but only because I know that it's fine with my skin - other people have problems with it (I'm allergic to a lot of things, and have problems with everything else..)

Aside from that, I can't pin down which side effects are which!  But I can say that my moods haven't been crazy, and I consider myself to be pretty sensitive to the cognitive effects of hormones.. 

@ilovemykiddos - I know *of* people that have done IVF in other countries, though I haven't had a chance to talk to them much.  With the Tijuana clinic so close to you, it certainly sounds like an idea worth looking into!  Even with airfare it can be less expensive.  I also kind of wish that I'd been able to go on "retreat" with DH while we were going through the process, which could be another advantage. 

@NaturallyMo - I have no luck with OPKs, but did have luck temping - of course, that only tells you AFTER you ovulate!  I sleep super deeply + wake up slowly in the morning, too, but I'm usually out for most of the night...  

I'm sure I'm missing things/people I meant to respond to.. *hugs* to everyone!

NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 12:12 PM 03-18-2014

I spoke with my doctor and he wants me to do another round of clomid and he may be increasing the dosage. I guess we'll see how this third round goes. shrug.gif I'm not complaining though, just taking it all in stride and we'll see what happens. Something is working so I will just be diligent and wait and wait.

mainebaby's Avatar mainebaby 12:16 PM 03-18-2014

@Autumnlaughing - Thanks for the info! I didn't realize the progesterone also can give you constipation. I'll have to stay on guard for it, then ;) How are you doing?

girlspn 01:56 PM 03-18-2014

CD 10 yesterday, and last night had long stringy stretchy cloudy mucus after wiping (sorry if TMI...). Is that EWCM?? Cervix was low and firm, and opk negative. I had an ultrasound yesterday and the largest follicle was only 11, so isn't it way too early for EWCM?

girlspn 01:59 PM 03-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

I'm beginning to notice a pattern: 10 days after my last positive ovulation test, AF shows up. Its been exactly 10 days. I have about 5 days positive tests, with the first day being a faint line and the second day being a super dark line. It seems I'm O'ing during the first week of each month. Granted this is only after 3 months of serious tracking but I'm noticing a pattern which  a) still doesn't explain why I'm not getting pregnant despite knowing for sure when I'm O'ing; b) hasn't been this predictable since early last year when I finished BCP; and c) might require some additional tracking such as temping (not sure how well that will work since I literally do not and cannot go to bed at the same time every night and get even 3 hours of straight sleep - you try sleeping straight through the night with kids!)

Could it be that LP is too short? Ovulation occurs 24-48 hours after a positive test, so maybe your period is coming only 8-9 days only. 

I'm trying to temp this cycle, but so far it's all over the place. Kid wakes up too often at night. 

oxford's Avatar oxford 03:31 PM 03-18-2014
Hi,

Mo - I temp despite waking up at weird times, bathroom visits during the night and about 5 hour window in which I temp! I temp vaginally and it seems about right. I can certainly distinguish a pattern. I wouldn't worry too much about hitting an exact time, I don't and it works fine. Although if you manage alternate days bd, it matter less that you know the exact day.

AF has arrived with me so I'm getting bashed at the moment. Please can you move me to waiting to o and I will begin again on clomid. I think with spring springing, this could be a good time for it to finally happen ;-)

Girl sp- sounds like beautiful EWCM. It can come early and that's a good thing. My beat friend got pregnant 5 days before O during a phase of EWCM. Sounds like a great sign!
chuord's Avatar chuord 04:01 PM 03-18-2014
I agree girlspn ewcm can come early particularly if you're also taking fertility meds wink1.gif

Mainebaby - woohoo on the movement! Lol yep definitely keep aware of it - if you are taking booster hcg shots after transfer they can stir it up again (swelling etc) I'm like autumn laughing I'm on the crinone - easy to apply, the pessaries aren't as nice. So did you call and find out about fertilization? We need an update wink1.gif
Autumn laughing - how many weeks now? Lol I'm not surprised you can't tell what is causing what symptom wink1.gif by now you should be hormones right up! I'm getting lots of fatigue, am assuming it's the meds - can you remember if you had it?
Mo - the surfer dude on the crimson tide cracked me up too wink1.gif
Kewpie - are you on the meds? Did they arrive?
Tracy, X, Tifga, Oxford, Shelly, and I'm sure I'm missing (sorry) hi smile.gif
tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 04:55 PM 03-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlspn View Post

CD 10 yesterday, and last night had long stringy stretchy cloudy mucus after wiping (sorry if TMI...). Is that EWCM?? Cervix was low and firm, and opk negative. I had an ultrasound yesterday and the largest follicle was only 11, so isn't it way too early for EWCM?
Stringy stretchy is good!
ilovemykiddos's Avatar ilovemykiddos 05:14 PM 03-18-2014
A clinic in Tijuana called me. 7000 for ivf including meds. 11000 for ivf with genetic testing. That sounds high. They need all my records since I've done most tests. 5000 for mini if including meds.

So maybe someone that understands this more than me can chime in...my Dr saidhe would have me on the same meds maybe a bit more SD since in his experience low amh if he gives lots of meds 1 or 2 follicles will lead. So isn't this mini if? I asked him if mini if and he said it could means a lot of things.

Does this make sense? I am on 150 clomid for 5 days. 150 bravelle for 3 days. He had said for if he would add a little more meds but also growth hormone. He expected to get 5 to 6 eggs.

Why not loiad me up and get the most eggs?
mainebaby's Avatar mainebaby 05:26 PM 03-18-2014

@chuord - No more shots for me! I'm only on endometrin vaginal tablets.

Fertilization update: 15 fertilized!!! :joy (we did ICSI) out of the original 17 eggs. They don't tell the grading I guess until transfer day, which will be Saturday for a blastocyst transfer. We are probably only transferring one embryo (I want two, hubby & doc seem to think it's too risky due to possible complications with a twin pregnancy). Either way, we are ecstatic with 15 embryos! Hoping they all make it to blast but we'll see. :1praying 

chuord's Avatar chuord 06:53 PM 03-18-2014
Mainebaby - woohooo!!! 15 fertilized is a great start smile.gif I didn't get 'ratings' but they did tell me daily how many had progressed to the next division or step... I'm so glad you are transferring at blast - I found out during the process that that is the biggest hurdle for them to pass the change in cell type to blast (so there's a natural drop off of lesser quality) meaning you are getting a great chance put back in smile.gif
tinytina's Avatar tinytina 06:58 PM 03-18-2014

Way to go everyone- hugs and prayers too. Sorry its been a few days since I was on last- been trying to keep myself busy so I don't over-think things while waiting for our next appt. plus school is coming down to crunch time. I signed up for my last 3 classes of my Master's program this week. I cannot believe by Christmas time I will be done and graduating a year from May.

Me and hubby got our taxes done today (went really well) but with yesterday's news of an increase in student loan payments we are in budget re-working mode. I know we can do it with some hard work and sacrificing. We have a clear list of goals that just need some juggling and we are also going to try to start a baby fund too. Feeling a bit more hopeful tonight than yesterday.

Autumnlaughing's Avatar Autumnlaughing 07:33 PM 03-18-2014

@Mainebaby - that's an awesome number!   We only put one back as well - I do want 3-4 kids, and starting at 36, two at once was tempting, but the chance of getting pregnant at my clinic really didn't increase for my age range if you put 2 back.  I still haven't asked about grading.  They're supposed to send the details after the cycle, but I guess I'm still considered in the cycle?  I was hoping they'd come in a packet I got today, but that was two sheets of early pregnancy tips with my u/s appt written on the top.. 

tinytina - Yay graduating!  The finances can take awhile.. :(  It's unfair that the hormones can make us feel hopeless right at the worst times, so I'm glad today is better. 

ilovemykiddos - if they over stimulate you can end up with OHSS, which is uncomfortable and can (though rarely) be fatal.  The weird thing is that with IVF, they're pretty much *always* trying to overstimulate a little - just not so much that it causes serious medical issues!  

girlspn - Yay for EWCM!!  Like the folks said, that's both a ladder and the perfect media for swimmers to hang out in :)

Kewpie - I want to know, too!  How are you doing?

Oxford - *hugs*

Chuord - 5wks 3 days.  1st u/s next Tuesday.  I've been *super* fatigued since probably the retrieval, but last week I seriously slept 13 hours one night.  I've only gotten 8 the past two nights, and it feels more like 5-6....   Other than that, I'm actually feeling a little less symptomatic, which has me nervous, but I think I've just figured out how to deal with my stomach. I'm still getting a few cramps mostly more near ovaries than uterus - I'm guessing that's healing from the retrieval still.   When's your test again?  

And you know, I wouldn't say I'm moody, but I decidedly have less patience... 

girlspn 08:28 PM 03-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebaby View Post

Fertilization update: 15 fertilized!!! :joy (we did ICSI) out of the original 17 eggs. They don't tell the grading I guess until transfer day, which will be Saturday for a blastocyst transfer. We are probably only transferring one embryo (I want two, hubby & doc seem to think it's too risky due to possible complications with a twin pregnancy). Either way, we are ecstatic with 15 embryos! Hoping they all make it to blast but we'll see. :1praying 

Wow, that's awesome!!! Yay!!

tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 10:47 PM 03-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemykiddos View Post

A clinic in Tijuana called me. 7000 for ivf including meds. 11000 for ivf with genetic testing. That sounds high. They need all my records since I've done most tests. 5000 for mini if including meds.

So maybe someone that understands this more than me can chime in...my Dr saidhe would have me on the same meds maybe a bit more SD since in his experience low amh if he gives lots of meds 1 or 2 follicles will lead. So isn't this mini if? I asked him if mini if and he said it could means a lot of things.

Does this make sense? I am on 150 clomid for 5 days. 150 bravelle for 3 days. He had said for if he would add a little more meds but also growth hormone. He expected to get 5 to 6 eggs.

Why not loiad me up and get the most eggs?
That does not sound much less expensive. My first IVF was about $8,000.
I think the " mini" has to do with you not overstimulating, which is rather important and that you also don't want a cancelled cycle.... I think.
tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 10:48 PM 03-18-2014
@mainebaby those are great numbers. Don't forget to get you pineapple core for after the transfer!!
tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 10:58 PM 03-18-2014
@chuord how are you feeling? How many days past transfer are you now? Did you do blasts? I am sorry I cannot remember but I am thinking of you and wondering?

Hi everybody else. I try to pop on more but my lovely 2 year old ,soon to be three is on a Thomas the train video detox. Third day has been better but it also means if he can't be on his ipad then I can't be on mine. Now it's bedtime and I am trying to catch up on everything on several threads. I am still excited and waiting for a call telling me when our donor starts bc pills which should be this week!!!!!!
NaturallyMo's Avatar NaturallyMo 06:53 AM 03-19-2014

Woohoo @mainebaby! That's fantastic news!

AFM: Doc has me on another round of clomid which would make my 3rd round. I'm still at 50mg. He said that since I'm O'ing on 50 mg, there's no need to increase. He also gently reminded me that just because I'm ovulating, that doesn't mean I will always conceive. I hear ya loud and clear, doc. Either way, Hubby is taking his spermy vitamins and we will do our test on him either tonight or tomorrow. That's the latest for now.

shelley4's Avatar shelley4 07:05 AM 03-19-2014

Cycle day 1 for me here!!   meeting with the doctor this afternoon... please cross your fingers that he will approve me for surrogacy!   totally nervous :nut

girlspn 02:42 PM 03-19-2014
Quote:

AFM: Doc has me on another round of clomid which would make my 3rd round. I'm still at 50mg. He said that since I'm O'ing on 50 mg, there's no need to increase. He also gently reminded me that just because I'm ovulating, that doesn't mean I will always conceive. I hear ya loud and clear, doc. Either way, Hubby is taking his spermy vitamins and we will do our test on him either tonight or tomorrow. That's the latest for now.

That statistics all show that Clomid increases conception rates, but it's never worked for me. I used Clomid 50mg last cycle, ovulated, IUI at the right timing, but didn't work. A few years ago, Clomid w/ timed intercouse didn't work either. My dr said sometimes Clomid mucks things up. For those that BD, clomid can make the CM hostile to sperm.  Still, lots of success stories for ladies on Clomid. Good luck!!!!

chuord's Avatar chuord 03:11 PM 03-19-2014
Autumn laughing - you are so far already smile.gif that's exciting! I've heard many ladies lose their symptoms around then - it seems reasonably common. I'm glad you have also been tired, this is so hard... Lol yesterday I went shopping, and did a load of washing and cooked - it was way too much and I had to keep taking half hour lie downs between jobs as I was lightheaded... You ladies that do this while still working have all my admiration!
Tracy - I did do blast transfers, we got 6 and transferred 2 (my docs preferred amount) I 'feel' I'm due a singleton lol so part of me bought it a waste - but I thought what the heck.
devilish's Avatar devilish 04:30 PM 03-19-2014
Quote:

DD2 was successfully conceived on my second cycle of clomid, but they did increase the dosage on round 2 to 100 mg and I ovulated on cd 14 for the first time since I was a teenager. It was also the only time in my life I've ever actually felt ovulation pains. That sharp pinching in one's side. Normally I o between cd 17 and cd 25 and don't feel a damned thing.

Autumnlaughing's Avatar Autumnlaughing 05:09 PM 03-19-2014

@chuord - I hadn't heard that, so that's reassuring :)  It seems to be to be about the time that my body takes to get used to new hormone levels, so it makes sense, some.  I kind of figure that with all the stuff we end up supplementing with, we're all on our own schedule anyway!   As for work - I mostly work sitting down, and my closest coworker and my boss both know, so I don't feel weird about taking a seat as soon as I step into one of their offices, even if it's just for a minute.  I also have my own office, so I don't have to have my "game face" on for most of the day.   Dinner and laundry have really been suffering, though!  

Also on the after-effects of IVF list - I called about getting more Crinone + vivelle today, and they called back saying that I shouldn't need more after the scan next Tuesday (and that I could cut the dose a bit, if I was running out and needed/wanted to stretch it a bit).  This is exciting - even if the dryness is pregnancy related + not drug related, it'd be easier to deal with without the Crinone, and while the patches are no big deal, I don't mind being done with them anyway. I thought I was stuck with them for another 6 weeks!

@shelley4 - I hope it went well!!!

@NaturallyMo - good luck!  honestly, I'd love to try a home test with DH, just because I'm curious, but I think he'd be horrified at the thought of me looking at his swimmers ;)   I'm glad that the Clomid is working well for you, though!  If you are having any CM issues, you might try taking Mucinex before BD - it can thin out all the different mucus, and sometimes that helps.. 

Tags: Infertility
First ... 9  10  11 12  13  21  ... Last

Up