The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#481 of 1196 Old 04-02-2014, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Happy Hump day! Hope everyone is doing well today. Let's hear from you!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 1196 Old 04-02-2014, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

@mainebaby - Wow, I would have been upset about the facebook posts too.  Yikes!

@Xerxella  - I think it was you who asked about family size if we end up with twins... If we have twins inside now, We'll just transfer the 2 frosties we have in another state later and then we'd be done.  

AFM - I've been pretty upset about losing all of our embies and trying to not lose hope on the 2 we've transferred.  It's been hard, though.  I'm just hoping so hard that one of these 2 sticks.  I feel like the safety net has been pulled out from under us.  I have been cramping pretty strongly for the last 24 hours.  I'm taking that as a good sign since the implantation process would have begun yesterday if they're going to do it.  My cramps are bad enough that if I were not post transfer, I would be taking ibuprofen right now.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#483 of 1196 Old 04-02-2014, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies!  I had FSH drawn last Thursday and went in for an ultrasound this morning.  I will go in and talk with my doc tomorrow for "results".  To me, based on my gorgeous charts and seeing a perfect follicle developing, I think I am ovulating.  My gut tells me blocked tube or dh has an issue.  I am frustrated that any RE's need a doc's note to get an analysis done for him.  He has a standard physical scheduled on the 14th, so they can give him a note, I just am impatient and want him to go in NOW!  I'll be 42 in May, time is tickin'.

More if I get any further news tomorrow.  Hope you are all doing well and staying sane!

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
#484 of 1196 Old 04-02-2014, 12:54 PM

Just lurking here to cheer on kewpie! stick little ones stick!

I also been having a bit of baby fever but right now it's a really bad time and my rational side says that 2 kids is the right number for our family, still my hormones don't believe me and every time I see a little baby I want one sooo bad.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#485 of 1196 Old 04-02-2014, 01:48 PM

@kewpie...fx...waiting with baited breath.  :)  

@mainbaby...congrats!!!  

AFM I went for my IVF nurse consult yesterday.  He said he normally charges 7,500 but he'd do it for 6,000.  Well I found out yesterday it is 6,000 for everyone.  (Not including meds or anthesia or genetic testing).  I think total is $12,800 out the door.  It is mini IVF not regular IVF.  I asked if the goal was to have some frozen why mini IVF?  The nurse said because of my AMH.  I don't understand.

They would barely be giving me more meds she said than I am taking for my IUIs. 

They still wouldn't give me a copy of my complete med. records.

I'm tired of this and this is so draining.  

#486 of 1196 Old 04-02-2014, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 363 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Kewpie - fingers crossed over here too smile.gif focus on the fact you know ivf works for you... Grow embys grow!

Keria - just to help (not) someone told me a while ago that 'by the time you crave a baby, there's already a spirit baby hanging around waiting to manifest in your family'
Lol whether it's true or not, but it makes you wonder if you're in control of that desire at all smile.gif

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#487 of 1196 Old 04-02-2014, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

@mainebaby
 - Wow, I would have been upset about the facebook posts too.  Yikes!

@Xerxella
  - I think it was you who asked about family size if we end up with twins... If we have twins inside now, We'll just transfer the 2 frosties we have in another state later and then we'd be done.  

AFM - I've been pretty upset about losing all of our embies and trying to not lose hope on the 2 we've transferred.  It's been hard, though.  I'm just hoping so hard that one of these 2 sticks.  I feel like the safety net has been pulled out from under us.  I have been cramping pretty strongly for the last 24 hours.  I'm taking that as a good sign since the implantation process would have begun yesterday if they're going to do it.  My cramps are bad enough that if I were not post transfer, I would be taking ibuprofen right now.  
I hope it is implantation! That is how July implantation felt 3 years ago. It woke me from a sound sleep. Thinking about you.
#488 of 1196 Old 04-03-2014, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Hello ladies,

I haven't forgotten you all.

I need to do up my personals.

We went to our appointment yesterday at the urologist (1 1/2-2 hour drive each way for a 10 minute appointment) but the doctor does seem rather optimistic that they can do the procedure on my husband and get sperm for IVF so that is a huge positive. 

Next is the MOCK (hoping to get it done this month), Than the next month we could start IVF. I am just ready to start already. It seems like I have been here for so long and I have been waiting and waiting (I know others have been here longer - I am sorry and pray that April will be each of your months). 

I also have a job interview today -really nervous, my last job ended at the end of March (term position). That meant changing our budget completely so we could live off just my husband's cheque. Money is a huge worry/concern for both of us. I keep wondering if now is the right time to try for a baby but how long do you put it off. 

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#489 of 1196 Old 04-03-2014, 06:23 AM

@chuord - sounds like you have a plan for this month- hope it works dear

@Xerxella - hope your hysteroscopy goes well today

@adiejan -hope AF shows up soon

@tracyamber -hope you both sync up quickly. Wow, that is a lot of money

@mainebaby -sorry to hear that everyone put information on facebook before you wanted to

Thanks for the heads up about clomid and my skin- @NaturallyMo 

@lilacvioletiris -Hello!

@Kewpie80 - prayers and hugs dear. 

@CawMama -it all seems to take so long- it feels like forever

@Keria- Hello!

@Autumnlaughing- hope you are doing well

@ilovemykiddos - that sounds frustrating. Can you do something to take your mind off of it for a couple days?

Hello to anyone I missed! Sorry. I am thinking about you all

#490 of 1196 Old 04-03-2014, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

No problem @tinytina

Hi all! I'm not sure I'm feeling these digital ovulation tests :irked. I've been slightly crampy, which I usually indicates that i'm O'ing or about to O. All of my digital tests have been saying negative. I've done some research and apparently alot of people are unhappy with the digi. I'm not particularly fond of peeing on something and having to keep it for multiple uses either :rotflmaoANYWHO, we will continue with our DTD every two nights and see what happens this month. I had to have a convo with my uterus this morning about how I need a healthy baby implanted in there, growing like ASAP!:1praying:goodvibesmakebabe.gif

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

#491 of 1196 Old 04-03-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

No problem @tinytina

Hi all! I'm not sure I'm feeling these digital ovulation tests irked.gif . I've been slightly crampy, which I usually indicates that i'm O'ing or about to O. All of my digital tests have been saying negative. I've done some research and apparently alot of people are unhappy with the digi. I'm not particularly fond of peeing on something and having to keep it for multiple uses either ROTFLMAO.gif ANYWHO, we will continue with our DTD every two nights and see what happens this month. I had to have a convo with my uterus this morning about how I need a healthy baby implanted in there, growing like ASAP!praying.gifgoodvibes.gifmakebabe.gif
Are you checking your cervical mucus as well? Or is that out of the door when on Clomid?
#492 of 1196 Old 04-03-2014, 03:45 PM

Ladies....I could really use some feedback and insight here.  This is all pretty new to me.

So, I had my follow up appointment today.  I was told that my progesterone and estrogen were both below the low end of the "normal" range on CD 21 last month, and my CD 3 FSH level was elevated this cycle (12.5).  The first thing my doctor mentioned was hcg injections.  In her next breath, she began mentioning diagnostic surgeries that she would like to perform (she says since it's been 8 years since I had my son, 5 years since my miscarriage, and failed attempts at getting pregnant again since).  She wrote a list for me, because I knew I'd forget, here is what she is suggesting: Selective HSG, diagnostic Hysteroscopy, diagnostic laparoscopy, D&C (not sure if she wants to do this regardless, or only if something shows up on the scopes), possible CO2 lasering of endometriosis.

I don't understand if and why a D&C would be a part of diagnostics?  Also, I don't feel good about a potential CO2 lasering, as she mentioned that one of the complications could be future miscarriages.

Yes I am almost 41, and the clock is ticking....but I just am not anxious to have all of these things done to me.  Would it be reasonable to just do a few cycles of hcg and see if anything happens, maybe the HSG alone?

What experiences have you ladies had with diagnostic tests?  Do you think all of this is pretty routine?

THANK YOU!!!!!

#493 of 1196 Old 04-03-2014, 04:41 PM

Tiny tuna - hugs, great news re dh, but waiting is hard at all times just be gentle with yourself... And fx for the job!

Mo - mental note to self - never get digi opk smile.gif
Are you temping too still? Just keep bd till you get that rise.

Cawmama - I've only had the hsg (if you do this make sure you chose the antioxidant oil flush after - better pg stats after that) personally if there was something potentially stopping implantation I'd just bite the bullet and get it done - but then I'm almost 40 also. You could do as much or as little as you chose, ladies who've had a lap?

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#494 of 1196 Old 04-03-2014, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

@chuord - Uh oh, that must’ve been annoying to accidentally send a group announcement!

@girlspn - Thank you!

@Kewpie80 - I’m sorry and I hope your cramping gets better soon. You can take Tylenol! I took regular strength (325, I think) Tylenol 2x/day from retrieval to day after  transfer because I was in too much pain. It’s fine even when you’re pregnant.

@CawMama - Hope your test results give you some anwers. I hear you on not wanting to wait!! I’ve done the HSG and I don’t mean to scare you but… it hurts like a b*tch. I cried HARD. Ask for the child-size catheter - I didn’t know there were different sizes but the Dr who did mine years ago tried over & over, stabbing me with the catheter until finally giving up & moving on to a child-size one. Um, hello? Why didn’t you start with that one? Have someone to drive you home & make you tea while you rest with a heating pad on your stomach. Perhaps yours will go better but mine was like trying to thread a needle with a frigging butter knife. Fx for no pain!

@ilovemykiddos - Thank you! I’m sorry; it really is a lot to deal with. Fx the mini works for you!!

@tinytina - Sounds like the long drive was worth it. :) GL with the mock transfer. I so get you on the money issue… my poor hubby has been stressed to the max the last few weeks… we found we owe $1400 in taxes! Ugh happens every year (he often does freelancing from home) but this is the first year it was over $1k. Geez, they just want to take it all, don’t they? Hope your money concerns ease & you find yourself enjoying a lucrative job. :meditate

@NaturallyMo - Hope your uterus conversation does the trick! fingersx.gif

#495 of 1196 Old 04-03-2014, 07:26 PM

Thanks ladies. 

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes for the interview --it seemed to go well, really informal, should find out early next week. It seems like the job would be a good fit so I have my fingers crossed. But it might mean waiting until August-September to do the IVF because of a very tightly scheduled summer. We have decided to talk about it over the next couple days before deciding one way or another. 

My husband wrote his final exam last night in his course and tonight we found out he got an A+ in the course- so big smiles at our house tonight.

#496 of 1196 Old 04-03-2014, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

@CawMama - I had a HSG done at my original Ob/gyn office.  It didn't hurt me very much - felt weird and disturbing while they did it, cramped a little later, and the discharge was gross.  The fertility clinic did a hysteroscopy - that one was even less bad.  They both check for any physical malformations - tubes that are open, septate uterus, that sort of thing.  A diagnostic laproscopy only makes sense if they think you have endo or scar tissue that's causing an issue (I likely have some endo, but no one felt it was worth a lap)   I don't know about the D&C either... 

DH(38) + I(37) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 2/2014 - IVF cycle =  due in mid November!
#497 of 1196 Old 04-03-2014, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Cawmama - I've had the hsg and it was a breeze. No pain. I think it really depends. Personally, I'd do the hsg at least. That'll tell them a lot. Then I'd start with a meds stimulated IUI and see how that goes. At 41 you really don't have anytime to waste. Honestly, since you labs came back kinda poorly, you really should jump straight to ivf if you truly want another child, but it doesn't sound like you're ready for that.

Tiny Tina - Congrats to the tinytina household!!!! smile.gif. I'm glad the appointment went well. I wouldn't put off anything. You never know what the future brings. If you have a chance to go for it, I'd do it now and not wait.

Mo - I love the digis. There's no ambiguity. :P. I'm just sorry they're not turning positive. greensad.gif I wish your doc would be just a touch more aggresive and monitor you or something. Mostly, then "I" could know what's going in in there! orngtongue.gif. lol.gif

Kewpie - fingers crossed for you. Betas always seem so far away.

Ilovemykiddos - decisions the hard. I hope the path becomes clear to you. hug.gif

wave.gif Hello to all and anyone I missed

AFM - the hystosonogram went fine today. No abnormalities and the scratch was successfully completed. I'll be done with BCP in a week and start my cycle! Woohoo!

Has anyone else done a microdose lupron flare?

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#498 of 1196 Old 04-04-2014, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've done an HSG (cramps during, no post tx pain or discharge), sonohystogram twice (same story, cramps etc), biopsy x3 (those suck), and LAP twice (typical surgery, post op ab pain was not bad, the carbon dioxide in my shoulders was pretty bad). I would start with the first 2, as prev posters said the LAP really only make sense if you have endo or suspected scar tissue.
Also Xerxella is right, IVF is really your best chance with elevated FSH. You could try IUI but you can lose time trying something with a much lower success rate.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#499 of 1196 Old 04-04-2014, 05:41 AM

@Xerxella -if I get this job, I wouldn't be able to do the IVF cycle (I only get 2-3 days off a week- 40 plus hours but it would only be from May-mid-August) and I would need to be in the city everyday for a week (ultrasounds, retrieval, transfer). We had decided it would save money, time, and traveling cost to the clinic (1 1/2-2 hours away) to stay in the city during this time period. So it just doesn't seem possible to do it while working this particular job. 

Glad you get to start your cycle so soon

#500 of 1196 Old 04-04-2014, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Friday!

Last night I was venting to a girlfriend who has struggled with infertility for YEARS and finally got pregnant with her daughter 2 years ago via IVF and then randomly popped up pregnant back in December with no assistance at all. Like, she wasn't even trying. Anyway, I was venting to her and told her that I'm considering tapping out of this whole TTC thing. I mean, there is SOOO much that goes into this physically as well as mentally. I really don't think I was prepared at all for this and it is causing me serious anxiety and stress; more than I care to have. I have never been so tense all the time the way I am now. Funny how we go through most of our lives not wanting to get pregnant and trying to avoid it but when we really want it, it doesn't happen.....

I don't know ladies, maybe I'm just in a mood but then again maybe that's the reality. Maybe the reality is that I am really going to struggle with this no matter what. If we have to move to IVF, I cannot continue on. We simply cannot afford it so its out of the question. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. Funny how a trip to New Orleans and two months resulted in me getting pregnant. And my poor poor husband is feeling some kind of way too; like he's a failure. It's just way too much going on.

With all that said, if I choose to just stop, I will still hang around here and keep up the thread and encourage you guys on. After all, we are in this together.:grouphug

PS: I am sending an email to my doctor right now to discuss next steps and what types of monitoring we can do. I hear you @Xerxella

#501 of 1196 Old 04-04-2014, 03:00 PM

Hugs Mo! I hear you, I'm sure everyone here understands... Good luck with the doc, I still have a good feeling about iui for you..

#502 of 1196 Old 04-04-2014, 09:39 PM

Hi all I just read all the posts I had not read.. Hum, I'm tired an have a migraine. It is so pensive here and rightfully so( in this forum) I am glad we have each other to talk to and just vent or offer advice and encouragement. Seems like we are all waiting in some sorta way. Funny how life is like that sometimes.
I have to have a physical on the 15 th and have my D levels checked again. Then dh and I have to have a consultation( required) by a psychologist to make sure we are not crazy but I think we all are a little crazy when facing infertility. Hope we pass.
So my nurse said.......... April 21 st I could possibly start injections! Hooray! Now what normal person says "hooray" to having injections in their stomach fat and butt muscles? Really? Crazy. Ha ha. But nonetheless I am excited. I could actually be pregnant again at the end of next month.
Going to bed,
#503 of 1196 Old 04-05-2014, 05:29 AM

Hugs @NaturallyMo- I can understand that some days are easier than others. We all need to decide and truly understand what we are willing to do (our limits). I know I have questioned how much I am willing to do and some days I feel differently than others. Hope your discussion with the doctor goes well. 

Hello and hugs @tracyamber, you are right we are all waiting for something. I for one am not looking forward to the shots in the stomach and butt but I know it is for the greater good. Best wishes for you!

Hello to everyone else! 

#504 of 1196 Old 04-05-2014, 09:49 AM

@tracyamber .....hang in there!  Migraines, seriously this worked for me and I've had them for 20 years.  I was getting 8+ migraines per month, now I'm getting one or two.  I read articles about taking doses of Riboflavin (B2) as a way to reduce the number and severity and it's totally working.  This is the ONLY thing that has given me relief.   Safe for pregnancy too.  It might be something you want to look into.  http://migraine.com/migraine-treatment/natural-remedies/riboflavin-vitamin-b2/

#505 of 1196 Old 04-05-2014, 12:14 PM

I took a digital pregnancy test this morning and it said not pregnant. Dr. wanted me to test on 4/9.  I am 11 DPO.  

#506 of 1196 Old 04-05-2014, 05:09 PM

@NaturallyMo  - (hug)  I hear you.  It is so draining, mentally, physically, emotionally, and of course financially.  Only you can know what's best for you and I hope whichever way you choose to go, you can feel at peace with your decision.  If it helps, I have this LINK that has some grants that you can apply for for infertility treatments.  I've never applied and I have no idea how hard (or not) they are to get, but may be worth looking into if that's your biggest hurdle.  

AFM - HPT this morning.  BFN - but, it's still really early.  Today is the first day that hcg would have entered the bloodstream.  I'm thinking monday or tuesday will be the earliest it could be detected, so I'm not worried yet.

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#507 of 1196 Old 04-05-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemykiddos View Post

I took a digital pregnancy test this morning and it said not pregnant. Dr. wanted me to test on 4/9.  I am 11 DPO.  

I think that's still a bit early, so don't lose hope yet.  From what I've been reading, even good tests only detect about 58%-61% of pregnancies on 11dpo.  Maybe give it 48 hours and try again?

IVF #1 11 weeks

#508 of 1196 Old 04-06-2014, 08:15 AM

@ilovemykiddos I too think it may be a bit early bit sorry it I'd bfn now. When will you test again?
@Kewpie80yep, give it more time. Did you test early because you are anxious? I hope you too get your bfp.
#509 of 1196 Old 04-06-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post

@ilovemykiddos I too think it may be a bit early bit sorry it I'd bfn now. When will you test again?
@Kewpie80yep, give it more time. Did you test early because you are anxious? I hope you too get your bfp.

I tested early because I'm following an IVF chart that say what happens each day post transfer.  Yesterday was the first day hcg would have been released, so I thought I'd just see what happens.  I won't test again until monday. 

IVF #1 11 weeks

#510 of 1196 Old 04-06-2014, 04:24 PM

I tested again today with First Response and nothing.  I even took it apart to make sure there was no line.  :)  

We are off for vacation so I won't be testing I guess until the 9th when Dr. told me I should test.  

I'm so irritable and grouchy and already cried today.  My hormones are all over the map.  My face has pimples all over and I look like a teen.  

If AF does come we can't do anything this cycle because we will be on vacation.  I feel like I'm fighting off infertility depression.

Tags
Infertility

User Tag List
chuord, Xerxella