The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#601 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Oh and I've lost 1.8 pounds on my first week on WW in case anyone care. It's a small milestone but a milestone nonetheless. go me!

Xerxella and adiejan like this.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#602 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi,

Yes chuord I am still here lurking, just no big news to share. AF arrived today, so we are doing a natural cycle this month then starting IVF for the first time at the end of May.

Mo, I have to agree with rcr, my hsg was very painful, it felt like being blown up like a balloon from inside crossed with severe period cramps. But as rcr said, it's inly for a few minutes. Worth being prepared though, my doctor said it was uncomfortable and I was totally unprepared. I would take two painkillers about an half an hour before. I have read really varying accounts of it though so I hope yours is totally painless.

Hi to everyone else. I am reading and cheering along.
#603 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

tracyamber - Thanks. It was a rare moment of patience for me! lol.gif I'm so surprised they gave you an exact date for egg retrieval and transfer! I guess it's just an estimate really. Boy, I hope she works out. Is she a proven donor? What's the "refund" policy if it all falls apart? Those dates mean they don't think she'll even start stims until May 9th-ish? Is she doing long Lupron? I'd have so many questions. Feel free to ignore me if my questions just make you too nervous! I like the idea of some gift from the heart. I like your idea of a head scarf. It sounds beautiful.

AFM - I think (hope) I'm feeling something going on down there. Come on ovaries! U/S tomorrow morning....

Ask away!yes she is a proven donor to an extent. She produced and responded well for another couple but the recipient of the egg had issues that prevented a pregnancy and though they( the couple have eggs left, they have not used them) my doctor really was into us choosing her and so were we.. Yes the donor starts her meds a bit later than I do. She is on bc pills right now as well and will be taking lupron so she will be starting only about a week after me. Around the April 28 th then about a week late she adds follistim and menopur. It is all an estimate because we know anything can go wrong but I so start lupron on monday! There is no refund policy for donor eggs. If I were just regular IVF than yes but I guess it is so expensive that if a frozen transfer is needed it is apparently really cheap.. Well in comparison to the 30,000 we are spending. And they say their success rate is so high they do not do a refund policy or anything on donor cycles.
I want to hear all the details of your ultrasound on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#604 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Do you guys want to see something funny? :joy

hope4light, Sourire and mainebaby like this.

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#605 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 03:39 PM

omg!!!!! I can't believe it!! I am so happy for you. Congrats!!
You did get an implanted embryo from the Easter bunny. Wow
#606 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 04:04 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Mo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!! jumpers.gif:joybroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif:joybanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif:joybroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy

tracyamber likes this.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#607 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats Mo!!! :joy

#608 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Out of hiding to tell Mo congrats girl!! FINALLY!! You def got the prize egg this Easter!! Yay!! I bet you are over the moon!!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#609 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Mo!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!! That's so wonderful!!!! So excited for you!!!!!!!

What now?!?!!

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#610 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Yay Mo!!' Hmmm so throwing away the thermometers and opk's is a good plan wink1.gif
How happy is dh? Has it sunk in yet?
adiejan likes this.

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#611 of 1196 Old 04-17-2014, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@NaturallyMo-congrats!!!!! Yay!!!

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#612 of 1196 Old 04-18-2014, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congratulations on your BFP Mo and that is B and F!!! I thought you must be pregnant when you had let go enough to not even track anything!! YAy. So pleased for you. How did you tell DH?
#613 of 1196 Old 04-18-2014, 07:41 AM

Mo - We need details!!!

Kewpie - How'd your baseline go this morning???

AFM - So, things were fine this morning at u/s. I guess some women can really take off on this protocol (Microdose Lupron Flare), but I am not one of them. So, that's good. Slow and steady is fine with me. We've got about 12 small follicles growing, all under 10. We'll see on Monday how many actually come out to play.

#614 of 1196 Old 04-18-2014, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Congrats Mo!!!  I had been meaning to write supporting the HSG plan, but I guess there's no need now!  

& @Kewpie80 - I'm glad that they're willing to bump you up, but *hugs* on needing to process the last cycle first.. 

@tracyamber - this whole process seemed complicated enough just trying to get my body to do what we wanted it to - but it sounds like they know what they're doing.  Got my fingers crossed for you! 

*hugs* to everyone else - I keep reading, and you're all in my thoughts!!

DH(37) + I(36) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 2/2014 - IVF cycle =  due in late November!
#615 of 1196 Old 04-18-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Mo - We need details!!!

Kewpie - How'd your baseline go this morning???

AFM - So, things were fine this morning at u/s. I guess some women can really take off on this protocol (Microdose Lupron Flare), but I am not one of them. So, that's good. Slow and steady is fine with me. We've got about 12 small follicles growing, all under 10. We'll see on Monday how many actually come out to play.
Good to know! Slow and steady . Are you drinking pomegranate juice and eating more protein?
#616 of 1196 Old 04-18-2014, 11:20 AM

@tracyamber - I'm eating lots of avocado and eggs. I need to pump up my other protein. What's good about pomegranate?
tracyamber likes this.

#617 of 1196 Old 04-18-2014, 03:26 PM

Xerxella - that sounds just right smile.gif here's to them steadily all growing together! Avocado? Is that for the oil? I have a good quality protein powder that I use for breakfast - after retrieval I used it whenever I felt too full for a meal - it was brilliant!

Kewpie - hoping all went well? Hugs on the roller coaster.

Tracey - yes why pomegranate?

Autumn laughing - how is it going for you? Lol you can't pop in and not keep us updated smile.gif

Afm - day 21 here, no temp rise yet (typically unmedicated o used to be on day 19) so just working on bd and waiting - I'm not remotely worried about it, just it's strange since opk's are not clear either - I've never been running blind like this before lol.

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
36***40
#618 of 1196 Old 04-18-2014, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Mo, I hope AF is way more than 100 days late after all. Congrats!!!
Xerxella likes this.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS
#619 of 1196 Old 04-18-2014, 10:02 PM

I had a brain freeze and was thinking about uterine lining and pomegranate juice. I'm the one to be drinking the pomegranate juice.
@Xerxella
@chuord
#620 of 1196 Old 04-19-2014, 06:20 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Okay, back again with lots of updates!!   I've finally gotten through all the medical testing, and i've officially been approved to be a surrogate!!!   my cousin and i are SO excited!

you might remember that my TSH levels (about a month ago) were really high.  they put me on thryroid meds, and then dropped so fast, that within 2 weeks of meds, my TSH was completely normal.  amazing!  i wasn't expecting it, since my dose was so itty bitty, and my TSH was high (went from 6.9 to 2.5!!).

i started hormones 3 days ago (estrogen), and i have an ultrasound on the 25th... if my uterine lining is thick enough, then i start progesterone injections, and our embryo transfer date will be May 1st!!  things feel like they are happening so quicky now!!  i'm currently on CD 6, transfer will be around CD 18.  after the transfer, the progesterone will be suppositories instead of needles.   NOT looking forward to injections in my rear end, but thankfully they are only for 6 days.   

please cross your fingers for good ultrasound results, and that the embryo will take on the first try!

please move me to IVF/IUI/Other Treatments

adiejan likes this.

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#621 of 1196 Old 04-19-2014, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. This last assignment for school this term is killing me right now

No word on either the job or appointment front. Just trying to let go of the stress and not worry about it

Glad the ultrasound went well @Xerxella. Hoping your next one shows great growth and progress. We eat a lot of protein because they help to moderate carbohydrate levels with my husband's diabetes. Remember beans, legumes, and meat have lots of protein. Peanut butter too

@NaturallyMo- WTG on the weight loss and your BFP! So excited for you hun!

@oxford- I am hoping to do our first IVF cycle soon too. Maybe a natural cycle first will be good for your body 

Wow @tracyamber, that is a lot of money

Hope your baseline went well today @Kewpie80

Hello @rosie2727, @mainebaby, @rcr, @chuord- hope you get a temperature rise soon, @adiejan, @Autumnlaughing, @monkeyscience

@shelley4- I am on a low dose of thyroid medication too and it is really helping. Wow, things really are moving very fast. Best of luck in being a surrogate. 

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#622 of 1196 Old 04-19-2014, 03:42 PM

Interesting Tracy, lol I'm guessing I should have been doing that too. I've been rubbing flax oil on my tummy and legs - apparently there's something nutritionally in it that I was missing, and it was affecting implantation (natural therapy stuff) now I've cut to half and am just putting it in my legs.
Shelly4 - congrats! You both must be so happy that it's all happening. Great news on the ths as well - it sure worked fast!
Tina - it's hard to be patient for so many big things at once, here's hoping you find out about the job and the mock soon. I find the same re protein - I was told that more protein less carbs gives better blood sugar balance and that it is beneficial for migraines. If I have something like pancakes for a meal - I get a headache before the next one... Ok now I need pancakes wink1.gif
Afm - cd22 still no obvious signs, I've never been this relaxed about not knowing - it's really freeing.
How is everyone's Easter?

36***40
#623 of 1196 Old 04-19-2014, 06:27 PM

Hey everyone!  I need some opinions...I am still waiting on AF after my D&C 2/28.  I had a follow up appointment with my ob who suggested I take provera to start my period again.  I called my RE and he said I should just start taking birth control.  Initially he said cytotec but I had awful side effects when I took that after my D&C and he hates provera.  I kind of feel like AF is coming soon and would like to be back in the game but don't want to force my body when it's not ready.  I made an appt with my RE for Tuesday to discuss our next IVF treatment.  I am thinking of not starting anything until after that appt if at all.  What do you all think? 

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#624 of 1196 Old 04-19-2014, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

@adiejan  Provera made me *incredibly* depressed - I'll never take it again!   Taking the last week of BCP and then stopping would probably have the same effect.  I don't think it would hurt to wait for the RE appointment, though.  

@chuord- I'd believe that more stable blood sugar = less migraines.  I haven't had any since my last AF, but I knew mine were significantly hormone triggered.  Plenty of sinus headaches, though, and they used to start a migraine which would perpetuate the sinus headache.  No fun!  I'm getting more magnesium and water, which might help, too. 

AFM - I'm still plugging along, 10 weeks today!  It starting to feel a bit more real to me.  I'm trying to set up appointment for prenatal care providers - probably should have happened awhile ago, but it was really emotionally hard.  Went emergency clothes shopping on Friday - I'm at that awkward stage where maternity clothes don't fit, but my regular clothes were all really uncomfortable (I think the elastic waisted skirt is about to become my best friend, again.  Also I'm really uncomfortable wearing unzipped pants, no matter what is over them.)  I have a bit more energy than I did, but also more mid-afternoon/evening nausea, and that means that I'm still sleeping a ton because I really hate nausea!  I'll need to drive for 4 hours tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it - the 30 min commute home is a bit much sometimes :(

Still got my fingers crossed for everyone!

tracyamber likes this.

DH(37) + I(36) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 2/2014 - IVF cycle =  due in late November!
#625 of 1196 Old 04-19-2014, 09:17 PM

Autumn laughing thanks for the update smile.gif
Ditto re sinus and migraine, they do an evil waltz together right? Hugs on the long drive, and nausea but it's so cool - 10 weeks! Hehe enjoy the comfort of elastic!

36***40
#626 of 1196 Old 04-20-2014, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone! I have been so busy this weekend basking in the glow of the BFP and the fact that today (Easter) is my birthday makes it even more special. 

You've all asked how I told DH well: I put the test in a jewelry box and at dinner told him how I knew how bad he has been wanting this bracelet we saw at the jewelry store. Then I said I got him something better than the bracelet. So DS placed a book in his hand to throw him off and I placed the jewelry box. First he asked if were handcuffs in the box (ummm, don't ask LOL) I told him know. So he put the book down and opened the box and said, "what's this? Oh. OH! We did it?! Are you serious?! we Did it!?!" I told him yes and that he was going to be a dad again. 

Yall, it was the cutest thing ever. He was so happy and proud. I videoed the whole thing so I will have to share one day. 

alivewithyou likes this.

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#627 of 1196 Old 04-20-2014, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

My due date is something time between Dec 22 and Dec 26 so we will be having a Christmas baby! The morning sickness has been around for a few weeks anyway, as has the fatigue. My doctor is so excited so I go in for my first appointment in about a week or two. We are going to tell the family around week 12 or 14, hopefully I won't get a bump too soon but this is number 2 so we'll see. We told my parents and best friend, but we are holding off a little longer on the full annoucement. 

Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

#628 of 1196 Old 04-20-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiejan View Post

Hey everyone!  I need some opinions...I am still waiting on AF after my D&C 2/28.  I had a follow up appointment with my ob who suggested I take provera to start my period again.  I called my RE and he said I should just start taking birth control.  Initially he said cytotec but I had awful side effects when I took that after my D&C and he hates provera.  I kind of feel like AF is coming soon and would like to be back in the game but don't want to force my body when it's not ready.  I made an appt with my RE for Tuesday to discuss our next IVF treatment.  I am thinking of not starting anything until after that appt if at all.  What do you all think? 
I think waiting until your appointment is fine. Its on Tuesday and today is Sunday so..... I wanna hear all the details of your appointment!!!!!!! Excited for you!
#629 of 1196 Old 04-20-2014, 02:29 PM

Adie - I haven't been there so don't know, my best thought is for you to go with your gut instinct - if that's to wait then do that. Like Tracy - keep me posted!

Mo - dh reaction is excellent smile.gif I bet he was starting to feel as insecure about his 'performance' as we all do about ours so he got his ego back as well as the news he's a dad smile.gif
I think a Christmas baby is sweet, an extra blessing to share - congrats again! So cool that your doc is also excited. How many weeks are you?
Hi everyone - anything exciting over Easter?
Still no idea here, just keeping up the bd. (Tmi) after a few months of treatments, this month I've so far had a week of really good ewcm, it's been a shock, so I must have had less while on meds wink1.gif
tracyamber likes this.

36***40
#630 of 1196 Old 04-20-2014, 08:25 PM

@chuord & @tracyamber- of course I will keep you both posted...do you really have a choice ha ha!  Thank you for your opinions...I really appreciate how you take the time to offer them.  It is very validating when I am second guessing myself!

@Autumnlaughing- thanks for the provera advice...I didn't like it either.

tracyamber likes this.

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
chuord, Xerxella

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page