The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#631 of 1196 Old 04-21-2014, 05:02 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

So today i start doubling my dose of estrogen... they do 5 days of 2 mg morning and night, and now 5 days of 4 mg morning and night.... ultrasound is on Friday morning... if it goes well (fingers crossed!!!), then i start the progestrone in oil injections.   has anyone here done them?  any tips?  hubby will be giving them to me, but i'm probably most nervous about this stage, i'm not eager to have a sore bottom... thankfully it's only for 6 days, and then embryo transfer day.   then the progesterone will turn into suppositories.

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#632 of 1196 Old 04-21-2014, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
shelley - The PIO isn't fun, but it's manageable. We found that icing the area first really helps. I know others warm up the PIO so it's closer to body temp. We didn't do that, though. But, you get used to it and it's not too bad. So, exciting how close you're getting!!!!

autumnlaughing - That's awesome news! So happy for you!!!! smile.gif

Mo - So exciting! I'm excited for the first ultrasound! That's always so nice to see that little beating heart! smile.gif

adiejan - Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!

It's good to see everyone! Sorry I'm not getting in a whole lot of personals. I'm a little bummed. So, one of the follicles has jumped ahead of the others and is now a 16. greensad.gif All the others are very evenly in the 8-10 range so to have such a dominant follicle really sucks. There's a good chance that this will ruin the whole cycle. For now, they'll just ignore it and charge ahead. Hopefully, we can continue to ignore it or it'll slow down and the others will catch up. It really sucks because they're about 14 others that could really make a great cohort of follicles, but this one may take all the meds and starve out the others. I'll go back on Wednesday and see how it's all going.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#633 of 1196 Old 04-21-2014, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
X- sorry to hear you have one that got away. Why do they think that happened? I hope it slows down and the others get a quick growth spurt!

Shelley- so exciting! Are you putting back a single embryo or two?

Chuord- good EWCM is very exciting! That's one area I always lack.

Tracy- stalking you too. Always happy to hear of progress in your journey.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#634 of 1196 Old 04-21-2014, 01:07 PM

We are transferring just 1 embryo.  we discussed doing two, but i felt like it would be a harder pregnancy and delivery (and recovery!) for me, and my cousin would prefer to raise 1 at a time as well :D   we are hoping for a home birth, since my last 2 were birthed at home, and if we had a twin pregnancy, home birth would be not allowed (where i live, anyways!).   i'm totally excited!!!!   i never knew how much i wanted to be a surrogate until my cousin asked <3

#635 of 1196 Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 363 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Shelley4 it's great that you are getting as much pleasure out of this as your cousin - that's a true win win!
How's everyone going? Is it time to status update?
My bloods yesterday showed no o yet (cd25 today) but possible surge so another test today. At least I probably won't have to wait long next month before starting ivf (doc is on holidays till 19-5) at this rate I may be waiting to o still!

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#636 of 1196 Old 04-22-2014, 05:22 PM

X - I didn't know that could happen. When I had a bigger follicle they just sort of wasted that one and grew the others to the right size, the big one got over ripe. Fx this happens for you!

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#637 of 1196 Old 04-22-2014, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am new to this board. I was on the TTC thread however after 8 months of trying I went to a fertility doctor and found that both my DH and I have issues. My egg quality is low and I have a blocked tube and my DH has a low sperm count. It looks like due to time we need to go straight to IVF.  I am going to start taking DHEA and will maybe try the SBD along with exercise as the doctor said that would help. I am a little afraid of the process as it is all so new.  Any advice would be appreciated.

#638 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 09:01 AM

tf2b - What's going on with you these days? Hopefully good things. smile.gif

shelly - That sounds awesome and then hopefully she'll have some frosties for baby #2 for them. smile.gif

chuord - That's about what we'll do. But, sometimes the big one can hog all the meds and the little ones don't grow at all. That's what happens naturally when your body wants only one dominant follicle every month. So, basically we're fighting nature by trying to get so many more to grow.

mjwalker - Welcome.gif I'm sorry your journey has been so difficult. I'm glad you're moving ahead and getting help. Can I ask, how old are you? I know about DHEA, but what's SBD? Find out what protocol you're doing and what your meds are and just get yourself armed with information. I always feel better when I know what's going on. I feel more in control of the situation. smile.gif (But if you're the type that that stresses you out then don't do that! :P ) Thanks for joining us.

AFM - U/S tomorrow. Fingers crossed and thoughts and prayers and all that that some of these follicles and eggs are coming out to play....

#639 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
It's been so quiet in here lately.
Welcome@mjwalker
@Xerxella will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Hi everyone else
I am on my second day of lupron and mentally preparing for the headaches and night hot flashes. I have an extra tank top and towel under one of the pillows so I do not have to get out of bed. I am still on bc pills until Friday so I probably will be okay until then. I am also on an antibiotic for ten days so I have been making batches of water kefir and my son an I have been enjoying that. That's all. We retracted out offer on the house because after the inspection there were too many unforeseen fixes that we did not want to feel with, it was built in 1920 so that is the disadvantage of buying an old house. We have our eye on another built in 1990 so this will be interesting .......
Okay
Hugs to you @toothfairy2be it is hard to stalk you.... Lol what are you up to?
#640 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Happy Hump Day!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#641 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Not up to much right now @Xerxella and @tracyamber. I'm on BCPs until May 1. Start Lupron April 25. I got my doctor to agree to Dr Shers protocol. So I'll get AF and then changeover to a low dose of gannirelex when stims start. We are also doing PGD this time. Looking for answers, if there are any to be found.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#642 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

@mjwalker - If SBD is South Beach Diet, both my cousin and I got pregnant using that diet. We both have PCOS, and keeping more stable blood sugar levels tends to help with PCOS. If it's something else, hopefully someone else knows about it!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
#643 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Sorry ladies, haven't been around this week. No personals today. At the library borrowing the internet LOL!

We are switching internet providers and apparently there was a major mis-communication. Anyway no internet or tv until Saturday, argh.....thank goodness for dvd's.

Got a call from the clinic this morning. The doctor is finally back from vacation. Needs to look over the file and they will call with an appointment for our mock. Yeah! 

AFM: AF is here (today would be day 1)

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#644 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 02:52 PM

we signed our surrogacy agreement last night!!!!   things are going to go fast now... ultrasound on friday morning, and if that goes well, then embryo transfer next thursday!!

#645 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley4 View Post

we signed our surrogacy agreement last night!!!!   things are going to go fast now... ultrasound on friday morning, and if that goes well, then embryo transfer next thursday!!
That is pretty cool!!!!!!
#646 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 04:56 PM

Wow sudden rush of chat - yay!
X - I hope all goes well in the morning! I understand the concept of growing extra, can they increase certain if your meds to help restrict o and increase others growth?
Tracy - fx for minimal night sweats and headaches! So is Lupron worse than gonal f for causing them? So many exciting cycles are getting started!
Tootfairy - I'm feeling hopeful for your next cycle! Did you think about trying the flax seed oil too? Apparently there's something in there nutritionally that when it's missing can affect implantation - of course it's 'natural medicine' but I'm trying whatever feels right wink1.gif
Mo - has it sunk in yet? Are you walking around in your own little patch of sunshine?
Tina - it's so funny how we can't cope without the Internet. Here's to your mock finally happening!
Shell - I love your excitement for all this, your cousin chose well!
Afm - bloods yesterday indicated o would be today (my temp jumped heaps this morning) so I guess I'm in the tww, I start synarel nasal hcg on Sunday - has anyone used this? It will both support anything this month and prep me for next months ivf. For anyone interested o was 7 days late after an ivf cycle, from my research that seems the norm too.

#647 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 07:15 PM

It is South Beach Diet. I am going to get the book to start it probably this weekend.

So I had an interesting day at work today, I went to inform my manager that I will probably need time off in a few months to do blood work, etc when getting closer to the shots and egg retrieval time. Just to give a heads up so my company can work with me. He proceeds to tell me that he just found out his wife in pregnant after 2 months of trying. Then asks me if I am religious and do I go to church? Said I should talk to me DH about attending church service and sending up prayers for a baby and that he knows that will help. Also saying that people with God in their lives have a structured life and people without don't. It was the most inappropriate thing ever and really put my mood into a negative tailspin. What nerve!

Sorry, I just had to vent.

#648 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 170 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Hi Everyone!

Welcome @mjwalker...you have found a wonderful place to talk about how things are going for you in this process.  There are some amazing ladies on here!  I did no carb when I got pregnant with my first IVF.  There is really something to that. Oh and people like your manager make me want to punch them in the face!!! Vent away sister!

@tracyamber-sounds like it is probably a good thing you didn't go for the first house.  I mean after all you will have a LO soon so you can't have all of that work to do on the house (fingers crossed)!!  Hope the headaches and hot flashes aren't too unbearable.

@toothfairy2be- Is PGD going to be a large out of pocket charge or does your insurance cover it? We are thinking about it with this cycle but everything for us is out of pocket so that would be another 3k.

@tinytina- So exciting to start a new cycle! I hope your mock goes well!

@shelley4- I have to say that I think what you are doing for your cousin is amazing!  I hope everything goes well on Friday.

@Xerxella- I hope those follies are right where they need to be.  What was your protocol this time? If there is a lead will you switch to IUI or was this an IUI cycle...hard to keep up :p.

@chuord- Yay for the 2ww (I guess ha ha...I have a love hate relationship with those weeks).  I am glad you decided not to go straight into another IVF cycle it sounds like your body is recouping though.  I love how relaxed you sound. Tell me more about the flaxseed.

AFM:  Well...I finally have plan which feels good!  I started BCP yesterday and will continue active pills until May 30th.  I will have my baseline u/s on June 2ish and go from there.  Since I did mini IVF last time we are doing something different this time.  However, he did a u/s yesterday and had forgotten how pcos I am...I had 26 on L and 22 follies on R not doing a dang thing on their own.  So it looks like we will do gonal F and hcg, then atagon, and a Lupron trigger.  Anyone else had an experience with a similar protocol?  I'm so excited to have a plan.  It just feels like there is a bit more control.

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#649 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 09:31 PM

@adiejan you are always so good with personals! I am so happy that you have a plan! I know nothing about your protocol. I am sure@Xerxella
Will have some questions hehe. She's the IVF medicine woman thumb.gif
Sounds like we are all cycling around each other! We will all be on the fertility challenged graduates together as well! I cannot wait!
@mjwalker vent away! I enjoyed your story though sorry it put you in a mood. Some people just don't know!
@tinytina af today, mock in 5 days? When will you possibly be starting bc pills?
@chuord 2ww! Exciting seems like everything is going up hill from here for you! Thank you for always keeping it positive, it inspires me.
@toothfairy2be thanks for the info! PDG sounds like a good thing to me. How exciting and your doctor is doing something different. That is great. I am going to go back and read your post. So I may add something to this post. I know I wanted to mention something but your post is on the page 32 and I am posting on 33 argh! Sending you positive everything for this cycle!
#650 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 10:19 PM

Mjwalker - your boss deserves a kick where the sun don't shine lol - well done for biting your tongue!
Adie - my natural healer (Ranee) said for me it was that my implantation is slightly off - I imagine two Lego bricks trying to be joined when not line up... For me flax oil is the missing nutrient... I searched and found this on the net which supports this. However I take mine on my skin - and wow just as a moisturizer alone it's fab lol
Tracy - thanks smile.gif that's very kind and much appreciated!

#651 of 1196 Old 04-23-2014, 11:09 PM

@chuord I wish I had a natural healer. Tell me more when you have a chance. Is it like a naturopath in the states? What other great tips has she given you? Curious.
#652 of 1196 Old 04-24-2014, 02:00 AM

@tracyamber we have naturopaths here too smile.gif slightly different, there are actually many different 'methodologies' I'll get some links and pm you smile.gif I started searching for alternatives when I couldn't 'get better' with orthodox meds - I really believe the two compliment each other...

#653 of 1196 Old 04-24-2014, 07:09 AM

chuord - I'd like to know more too! smile.gif I liked that link, especially since that's what I'm doing! I think I need to add flax oil in though. Doesn't flax oil raise estrogen levels?

@adiejan - Yep! It sounds like a pretty standard antagonist approach. It's very successful generally. It's what I used on my first 3 IVFs. They'll probably start you out on pretty low stims because of your PCOS status. But, overall it tends to be very successful. It's so nice to have a plan. smile.gif

@mjwalker - I second the kick to the rear your boss needs. Truly kudos to you for biting your tongue. I won't begin to know what god does or thinks, but I know plenty of very religious people with tons of problems and atheists who had no trouble having children. If it was truly god making a difference why would China with a Buddhist predominance have the highest population in the world?

shelley - That's so awesome!!!!!! Is your cousin transferring frozen embryos to you or is she doing a fresh cycle? Do you know the grade of the embryo? I'm so fascinated by these things! So exciting!!!!!

@tinytina - Yeah for getting af!!!! At least you can feel like things are moving along!

Mo - Hey!!! Happy Thursday!!!! smile.gif

@monkeyscience - Good to see you! I'll have to go stalk you in the grads thread!

@toothfairy2be - I'm excited for you that your moving forward, but if you're anything like me, you're probably feeling pretty ambivalent at this point. I described it to DH as "just another Monday." I hope you can retire from this IF job soon. Hugs to you.

AFM - YEAH!!! So, everybody woke up and decided to come to the party! I think she measured the 16 wrong last time because now we have: 15, 15, 14, 14, 13, 12, 12, 11, 10, 9 for the biggest ones. But, there were 16 total, which is awesome! That's more than I've ever had. And, my lining was at an 11 (triple stripe), so that's good. They're a little more scattered than I'd like to see, but oh well. If we have some in the wheelhouse, that'd be great. Now, my estrogen needs to cooperate and start really rising.... I go back tomorrow and then probably Saturday and probably trigger Saturday for a retrieval Monday!

#654 of 1196 Old 04-24-2014, 07:15 AM

@Xerxella, we are using frozen embryos.  i believe she had 8 of them, used 2 on herself (but they were unsuccessful), and that leaves 6 for us to use.  we're just transferring one at a time.  i don't know the grade... i will ask when i go in for the transfer.  all i know is that they are 5 day old embryos.  is there any difference when using fresh or frozen? 

ultrasound in the morning!!! fingers crossed that my uterine lining is the desired thickness... if it is then may 1st is our transfer date!!

#655 of 1196 Old 04-24-2014, 04:38 PM

X - wooohoooo!!!! That is great news! Fx they are stayers and all get to the finish line. I'm really happy for you! I really loved your phrasing on the 'just another Monday' I was thinking about it the other day and wondering if I'd do the emotional roller coaster this month or just stay calm. I've not been on the journey as long as some others, 18 months actively ttc - but then in my mind there's also the 5 years where the goal was to get well enough to ttc, everytime a friend got pg during hat time I'd cry. Now at least I'm in the game which is better odds lol!
Shell - there is no difference between fresh and frozen really, the freezing process is so good nowadays they only freeze embryos that have a good survival chance still about 15% don't survive the freeze/thaw process but that's it. If they thaw then they are good to go. My re said it's then just the same random success as fresh - there can be the odd dud embryo, even if they have had the genetic testing. Just keep your wonderful positivity and believe that each embryo is perfect and ready to be a baby.

#656 of 1196 Old 04-24-2014, 05:22 PM

More flax seed and oil info here
The two main therapies I do are kinergetics this my lady Ranee's link, the guy that created it philip's link
I also use Bowen therapy instead of Physio, it feels like pressure point massage this is a good explanation
Before I was 'well' enough for Bowen I had reconnective frequency work with this lady Sally Freestun I enjoyed it so much I did the course and now use it on family and friends. They all have helped with IF issues on people. Bowen can help make childbirth easier if used throughout pregnancy, kinesiology can fine tune your mineral balance, remove traumas etc. Please note I'm not in any way selling these - just sharing what has helped me get to be normal again smile.gif any more detail will have to be a pm lol I don't want to bore everyone wink1.gif

#657 of 1196 Old 04-24-2014, 06:33 PM

Reading along and crossing my fingers for everyone. Contrasts mo.
#658 of 1196 Old 04-25-2014, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

@chuord - hey there! all is well. Yes, it has definitely sunk in that I'm pregnant. The nausea and exhaustion is here in full force. I'll be 6 weeks on Sunday.

@Xerxella  - hey there!

AFM: I am almost 6 weeks and the symptoms have hit full force. Food aversions, exhaustion, nausea, frequent urination. My allergies are acting horrible and unfortunately I can't take anything for it until I'm out of my first trimester.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#659 of 1196 Old 04-25-2014, 08:31 AM

had my ultrasound this morning, and my uterine lining is great!   they are looking for 0.8 cm or greater, and mine was 1.1.  so looks like we are on track to do progesterone injections, starting tonight, and embryo transfer next week!  waiting for the clinic to confirm the date of the transfer.   so excited!   er, not about the needles though :P

#660 of 1196 Old 04-25-2014, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post

X - I didn't know that could happen. When I had a bigger follicle they just sort of wasted that one and grew the others to the right size, the big one got over ripe. Fx this happens for you!

They wasted by big follicle too and waited for the others to come up.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Tags
Infertility

User Tag List
chuord, Xerxella