The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#61 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 01:58 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Siuann- on DH's sperm test I would say get on with it sooner rather than later. If he has problems there are lots of things you can do with vitamins and diet so it's better to know as early as possible. Also the drugs and tests for us girls are brutal! You don't want to be going through all rage without knowing once you produce that egg the sperm can actually reach it.
On your life planning, it is sooo difficult. I spent the first year putting things on hold and pausing my life in anticipation of being pregnant, it didn't happen!! You can't do that indefinitely sometimes you just gave to get on with things and the baby arrives when it's ready! The other thing to consider is do you want to study with a new baby, sleepless nights and maybe breast feeding? It may be easier to get on with it now. Nobody can rely advise you on this though it's your choice and there be pluses and minuses with each choice. In the positive side it may make a baby come along!!! They seem to appear at inconvenient times ;-)

Ilovemykiddos- what an agonising wait!! I hope you find some nice things to do to distract yourself until you have more clarity.

Adie- nice to hear from you. Hope you are doing ok, small steps, don't rush yourself. Are you getting lots of support at home?

Chuord- keep the end in mind, that gorgeous baby be worth all the injections/shots.
#62 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 05:27 AM

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Siuann- I am actually trying to finish my Master's before I have a baby (I am taking 2 classes now, 1 in the spring May-June, 1 in the summer June-July, 1 in the fall September-December) and than I graduate a year from May. I don't mind being pregnant during this time- would actually prefer it.

I understand what you mean about the importance of timing.....

Been trying to keep myself busy this weekend.....

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#63 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know why he would have me wait 4 days. Do you think he is thinking negatively?

I looked up the beta pregnancy test online and may be able to get it intime.

I still feel nauseous. I'm having cramp like or stretching feeling. So not sure what that means.
#64 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemykiddos View Post

I don't know why he would have me wait 4 days. Do you think he is thinking negatively?

I looked up the beta pregnancy test online and may be able to get it intime.

I still feel nauseous. I'm having cramp like or stretching feeling. So not sure what that means.

I would call and ask to have an appointment after the two days. Tell them your concerns. I don't know if your doctor was thinking negatively. You could also ask. You've paid enough money and put yourself through enough to be able to ask questions and make requests. Hugs again!
#65 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 AM

That's true. He's so unorthodox.

I'm so sad. I want a take home baby.
#66 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Sending everyone hugs. We have all been through so much!!!!!
#67 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Girls, I am starting to feel a little impulsive, and since we're on the subject of timing, I need advice. I've been waiting until May to ttc in hopes vitex will continue to help (this is my third cycle on it, also taking raspberry leaf but will stop when ttc). I also wanted to wait until May because I am a teacher and taking masters courses and I want to be in my low-stress summer so I can lounge around and help my baby stick tight. The only problem is....I actually want to just ttc right now. It has been a year since my last mc and I think my body has healed and changed. On the other hand, I am a little scared and wonder if I should just wait anyway. I know there are pros and cons either way, just throwing it out there because you all understand and it is on my mind (constantly.) Glad to see everyone is pulling through today and hear from Adie. ilovemykiddos, I agree with the others. Ask to be seen sooner.

#68 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
@tracyamber- SOOOOO true! Hugs to you too!!

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 3 embies transferred BFP!!
#69 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 10:19 AM

So dh says what's the difference between tuesday and Thursday? But after going through a stillbirth I can't. So if I go on tuesday and my numbers double am I out of the woods? Or will he make me come in thursday for a blood test too?
#70 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 10:27 AM

@ilovemykiddos- you would not be out of the woods. I'm sure they would want to see a few more rising betas since it is quite low. If you got one tues and one thurs you could at least have a better idea of doubling time. I'm sorry about your loss greensad.gif unfortunately as you get further into understanding all of this if just seems there is more to worry about. Hugs!

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
#71 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi all,

@adiejan- I'm so sorry. Crazy how strong people on this thread can be. 

@Xerxella- Have fun @ Disney! You asked about protocol, here it is: 112.5 Follistim at night, then 5 nights of Cetrotide 0.25 mixed w the Follistim, Ovidrel trigger and Progesterone tablets. 

AFM: Started shots one day early due to AF coming immediately after getting off BCPs. Had first shot 2/28, this morn had U/S & BW. Tonight will be fourth night of Follistim. 

BW/US #s: 

Estrildol at 50

Progesterone at 1.03  

Follices: 5-10 on left side, same amount on right, all <12

The nurse said "you're where we expect you to be." Hopefully that sounds right to everyone on this thread who knows such things, haha.

@NaturallyMo- I'm in the IVF Waiting to O category! Thanks :)

GL to everyone!!

#72 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 11:32 AM

@ilovemykiddos- you would not be out of the woods. I'm sure they would want to see a few more rising betas since it is quite low. If you got one tues and one thurs you could at least have a better idea of doubling time. I'm sorry about your loss greensad.gif unfortunately as you get further into understanding all of this if just seems there is more to worry about. Hugs!

#73 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Littkekind - I'd go with your gut, if you feel good and ready to start, or instinctively drawn to ttc - your baby could be trying to tell you it's ready... More importantly it really sounds like you are emotionally healed and ready smile.gif
Ilovemykiddos - when ttc gets too hard, fall back to the 'one day at a time' rule - that's how I'm coping (lol ish) just focus on getting the next test done, then start thinking on the next one... 'Preservation of the mum's sanity while ttc' is the key.
Maine baby - woohoo you seem right on track, I found out on day 9 that they trigger a little earlier with ivf (18-20 follies) when I did iui it was 19-21. Your protocol is very similar to what mine has been... Follistim (gonal), cetritide, and I had a pregnyl hcg trigger (last night) egg numbers are looking good for you too.
Ladies with ivf experience, apparently after ER I'm taking estrogen, progesterone tablets, progesterone pessaries, (crinone after transfer) and the clexane for up to week 11 - is that normal protocol?
mainebaby likes this.

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Looking good so far
#74 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

UPDATED TO HERE

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#75 of 1195 Old 03-03-2014, 08:18 PM

Thanks everyone. I'm new to this and it means a lot to have everyone's advice.

I took another first response early response and still a line. Dh says it looks a little darker to him. I took it 30 min ago so obviously not fresh urine.

So...my car was hit no fault of my own so dealing with the ins may be a good thing because it will keep me busy.
#76 of 1195 Old 03-04-2014, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

@ilovemykiddos - it's weird how even a bad thing can be handy to take your mind off of things sometimes!  I'm still sorry to hear that you have to deal with car things, too, though... I don't know too much about tests, but darker is better!! 

@chuord - I think that's normal?  I've got Crinone and vivelle patches (estrogen) that I started the day after ER - they didn't tell me how long, but I think to the 12 week point is normal.  I kind of hope not, though - now that I've adjusted, the patches are OK, but the Crinone is a bit irritating to my skin (I react to everything..), and I'd like a break from that!  I have heard that some people are able to discontinue earlier... I hope to be one of those!

to everyone waiting for things - do it!  :)  though I guess that's heavily colored by my perspective.  I have perhaps too much patience, and tend to wait if I have the chance.  I certainly wish we'd started TTC sooner, and that we'd realized our MF stuff sooner..  

I scared DH when I told him that if the test came back positive on Saturday I would actually already be a month pregnant.  We'll need to make a lot of changes before we actually have a kid (we'll need to move, hopefully buy a house, I should get a new car, he'd like to get a job that isn't over 100 miles away from the area we want to live in AND there's all the usual baby-prep stuff..) so he figures we need as much time as we can get!   Oh, and I want to visit my brother in Utah, and maybe a friend in San Francisco... 

DH(37) + I(36) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 

2/2014 - IVF cycle = 2ndtri.gif due in late November!

#77 of 1195 Old 03-04-2014, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I've been passing out at 9:30 each night so I figured I would post before I head to bed. Tested this evening before my little's soccer practice and got a positive OPK test. I guess this means we have some ovulation going on. DH has a show tonight so I told him to make sure he wakes me up when he comes to bed at 11. Hopefully I can wake up so we can DTD. Sorry if I don't sound excited but I am exhausted LOL

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#78 of 1195 Old 03-04-2014, 09:25 PM

Just a quickie - hugs to all smile.gif
Got 14 eggs - will find out tomorrow re fertilization, a little tender but not bad at all...
Fx for you all xxx

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Looking good so far
#79 of 1195 Old 03-04-2014, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

Hi y'all.  I was regularly stalking the last thread, but stayed pretty quiet :W.  I'm not gonna try and catch up to everyone, but I have been thinking of each of you!

@adiejan - so sorry for your loss.  It's been a long road, hey?  Hugs to you.

@Xerxella - Disney world?  I hate you.  :irked

@chuord - damn, girl!  That's a lotta eggs

AFM:  All quiet on the home front.  I have an appointment with my GP on Saturday to get a requisitions for the boatload of blood test our consultant has recommended.  Some of them are cycle dependent, and my period is due in the next couple of days, so I'm hoping that will work out nicely.  So that will probably take the best part of this month to get through.  Then, hopefully in April we will be able to send off the rest of our US testing, and have a full review, and get our plan of attack.  Just gotta keep busy until then!

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12**16***20***24*** 28***32***36***40
#80 of 1195 Old 03-04-2014, 11:38 PM

@chuord- yippee-eye-eggs smile.gif...so ready for this to be your time love!

#81 of 1195 Old 03-05-2014, 12:03 AM

milk8shake - good to hear from you smile.gif glad it's moving along for you! I know! My re seems to like a fair few eggs... He's a farmer by origin wink1.gif
Adie - thanks sweety smile.gif see what I mean, you have the biggest heart 💜, I'm hoping so too... Looking forward to finding out how many fertilized... Do you have a plan for moving forward? Or are you taking time?

#82 of 1195 Old 03-05-2014, 01:44 AM

@chuord- you are always so good to me smile.gif! I hope those eggies do well so you have lots to choose from. I would like to start again as soon as we can. Right now it is currently 2:40 am my time and I am having (TMI ALERT) major huge clotting and cramping. They had me take cytotec after D&C which I don't really get. Anyhoo...think of ttc with all of this pain and yuckiness seems far off but I don't want it to be!!! When do you find out what eggies turned to embies?!

#83 of 1195 Old 03-05-2014, 02:32 AM

Adie - ouch! But at least your body is purging, which allows the healing... I know you'll be back into it soon - you're so keen! And the good thing is your doc should have learnt more about your cycle after this last try, hopefully the protocol is adjusted and improved smile.gif
We need to call in about 13 hours to find out which ones fertilized... Am guessing there'll be an update again on Friday... And so on, transfer will be Monday assuming there's done goodies there...

#84 of 1195 Old 03-05-2014, 06:35 AM

@chuord - Wow, 14 eggs, that's wonderful!! GL with fertilization, can't wait to hear. What date did you start your cycle? It's always nice to hear from people who are doing a similar med protocol. Our ER could be Tues. 3/11 if follies keep on track ;). After ER I'm only taking progesterone tablets, but I'm sure if your Dr. wants you on that many things he/she has a good reason, as annoying as it is. 

@ilovemykiddos - Sorry about the car accident! Hope everything goes smoothly with insurance.

AFM: Still doing same Follistim dosage; next US & BW Fri morn. First acupuncture appt yesterday & loved it! Made me feel like I was floating; felt like I could feel the blood flowing through my body, lol! Got one bruise from it right under my belly button, but I think I just bruise easily close to the belly button since that's the only place I've bruised with the Follistim. Went for my first massage ever right after acupuncture, too! Awesome day.

GL to all!

#85 of 1195 Old 03-05-2014, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

@chuord- sounds like a very successful cycle so far! This has to be it for you. I'm very hopeful. I was on crinone & vivelle patches with my 2nd ivf, I did much better on the pills than the patches. They have you stick to 12 weeks bc that is when the placenta takes over production. I'd be weary to stop before that as with IVF you may not have a strong corpus luteum cyst making progesterone and have had friends miscarry when their doctors said they could stop the progesterone sooner. The estrogen they say you can stop bc it just reduces the chance of early bleeding (which they say has no effect on pregnancy outcome, just reduces the stress caused by seeing blood). I personally won't stop either until 12 weeks bc I am a worry wart (rightfully so, I think). The clexane I am not familiar with… is that a steroid? Again I think miscarriage risk is higher until the placenta takes over so if it is a steroid they would want to prevent your body from attacking the embryo, which at 12 weeks is a lower chance once the baby is working for itself? Not clear on that one, just my opinion. Can't wait to hear your results!

@Milk8shake - Hi lovely! I am so glad to see you are starting with a plan of attack and that you are back and updating us. It is an exhausting process and sometimes checking in is a reminder of how long we have been around these parts. We are the lone rangers from way back when, right? Let's make a pact that 2014 is the last year we will get poked with needles and ultrasound wands (without them showing us a living baby). Okay?

@Autumnlaughing Are you going to test early or waiting for your blood test? You ended up putting back 1 or 2? What did they freeze? Sorry, I've been reading along but I'm having trouble remembering details. You will have plenty of time in 8 months to get all the things you want to done and if not, you'll have a baby to exhaust you for years after so it won't matter!

@mainebaby Is this your first IVF cycle? Acupuncture is amazing, best nap you can get and its good for you! Good Luck & Enjoy!

@NaturallyMo Enjoy ovulation time! Hope you were able to wake up enough to make it happen.

@ilovemykiddos The waiting is true torture. The test getting darker is a good sign. 18 is low for 15 dpiui but it is possible you had late implantation. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

I saw my surgeon Monday. He said that when I had my LAP 2 years ago the endometriosis was extensive and very inflammatory so it is possible that over time it has returned. It doesn't help that with IVF twice I feel like there is scar tissue. Theres discomfort around my left ovary all the time. 

We have a lot of things to consider right now. RE wants to do a fresh IVF cycle with PGD but we have 2 embryos frozen. I am trying to decide whether to do lupron for a few months and when to plan on doing a frozen transfer or doing a fresh cycle or whether to say screw it all and do donor eggs or embryos or use a carrier. In some ways I don't want to think about or plan for anything and in other ways I just want to know what I should do and be able to make a plan. I guess my only update at this point is I'm doing another LAP to remove scar tissue and endo. In hopes that at least it will make me more comfortable on a daily basis. I'm not sure it will do anything do help my fertility or miscarriages but at least the pain will be gone. 

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#86 of 1195 Old 03-05-2014, 10:10 AM

@toothfairy2be - Yes this is my first IVF cycle. We've been trying for 8 yrs, but never had the $ to do IVF til now (no carrier in Maine offers IVF coverage). GL with your LAP, hopefully it relieves your daily discomfort!!

#87 of 1195 Old 03-05-2014, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

Milk, Tf2B - Good to see you both pop up again! I love you both to pieces, and I don't think I'll ever quit haunting these boards until you ladies graduate! Milk, glad you're getting ready to move forward, and I really, really hope you can find some answers. Tf2B - I hope you can figure out the right direction to go. Having so many choices can be good and bad, I guess. I forgot, have you done any testing on the babies you miscarried? Have you and your dh been tested for chromosomal issues, like translocations?

Everyone else - :blowkissstill reading and cheering. I do still plan to start a grads thread eventually, but it looks like I would be lonely there right now, so I'm going to wait... hopefully we will see several BFPs in the upcoming weeks!!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#88 of 1195 Old 03-05-2014, 12:55 PM

Mainebaby - my cycle started on 2/21, and I started the gonal on cd 2, so ER was on cd13 - I was initially expecting cd14-15 but he was happy with they're size at trigger. My best advice is just be gentle with yourself - between trigger and ER I dashed around doibg last minute jobs and caused myself soreness... I've also been tender afterwards, but paracetamol and heat packs take most of it away.
Tootfairy - thanks!!! I know you've tried a variety of ways so your info is invaluable smile.gif do you know no one had explained to me the reasons why the progesterone and estrogen supps - if I know why it's soo much easier to just do it lol. (My issue was I got a letter from the re stating that both my estrogen and progesterone levels last month were excellent - hence the confusion) so thank you for explaining that for me smile.gif I'm on 8 provera and 8 progynova tablets a day + 4 progesterone pessaries or crinone - so I think that'll be enough lol.
The clexane is a blood thinner, because I had over 10 eggs and high estrogen (2700 cd9) (also apparently on the high dose estrogen tablets) so there is more chance of DVT and clotting, the clexane is the preventative, and I'm also taking baby asprin.
Here's to your lap cleaning everything out and leaving you pain free - the best place to be regardless. I'm hoping you are able to step back after the lap and find the space and peace in which to find your answers - monkey Is right, soo many choices doesn't make it any easier... I can't wait till the day you post an ultrasound pic of you live one growing smile.gif
Monkey - how are you going with it?

#89 of 1195 Old 03-05-2014, 04:31 PM

Just found out all 14 fertilized, apparently that's quite rare... I'm sure we'll lose a few along the way - but a great start!
Omg - I'm happy right now lol

#90 of 1195 Old 03-05-2014, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

chuord - That is AWESOME! Grow, embies, grow!

AFM, still dealing with a lot of nausea/reflux/general crappiness. Also realizing that this will most likely be our last biological child, as I can't really put my family through this again. I had my first mw appointment, but didn't get to hear the heartbeat (it was early, 8w2d, but we heard it clearly then with my son), so still waiting for that. I'm definitely growing, though, and feel at peace about this baby for now. :)

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40** Oct 2014 - it's a

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
chuord, Xerxella

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page