The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 - Page 34 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#991 of 1196 Old 05-26-2014, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Kewpie - Good luck at retrieval tomorrow! It's sounds like everything is lining up well for you.

Chuord - I can't believe you got cancelled. I'm angrier than you are! (But I've never had high estrogen, so what do I know?) Why don't they do a lupron trigger and a freeze all cycle? That would seem to be a way to salvage the cycle. Will you/ can you still try on your own this month?

Oxford - It sounds like everything is chugging along nicely! You never know. I've had the lead slow down a lot and the others catch up. Good luck!!!

Tinytina - Good luck on Thursday!!! I'm excited for you guys moving forward.

Boots - My understanding is that if you ovulate on one dose of clomid, there is no benefit in increasing the dose. So, if you track your cycle and you ovulate, I don't think there's any benefit in increasing the dose. I think that's the standard of care. (I would definitely recommend getting a new doc...). As far as 3-7 or 5-9, I don't think there's any difference. The only thing clomid can help you do is ovulate. Once that's accomplished, more clomid only hurts you (your lining, your cervical mucous, etc). Good luck to you!

Tracy - Did you get your 3 day report today? I'm super excited for you.

Tf2b - When will you test?

Shelley - Does the doc have good u/s equipment? Will it be a transvaginal u/s? If yes to both of those, you should be able to see a heartbeat. I'm excited for you!!!

Adiejan - I'm glad you're starting soon. And ending BCP!!

Alivewithyou - I hear good things about Femera! Good luck!!!

wave.gif to everyone else!!!! I'm sorry if I missed anyone. Thinking of you all.
tracyamber likes this.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#992 of 1196 Old 05-26-2014, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Shelley - Does the doc have good u/s equipment? Will it be a transvaginal u/s? If yes to both of those, you should be able to see a heartbeat. I'm excited for you!!!

yes, it will be a transvaginal u/s.  i'm assuming his u/s equipment is good, he is a fertility doc.  however, i am not going into the main office (toronto), the doc just happens to have a satellite office in my town (1 hour away from T.O.).... but still assuming the equipment would be good?  really hoping for a heart beat, i think it would help me and my cousin to both just relax a little!!!    still no spotting/cramping/pain, so trying to remain positive!!!!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#993 of 1196 Old 05-26-2014, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
@chuord I'm really thinking about you. I do not know much about your protocol but like xerxella said, can anything be done to save those eggs that have developed?
#994 of 1196 Old 05-26-2014, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Thanks ladies!
I was distressed at the start - but as my dh says (after he read about ohss) better not to mess with your health as you can always make another batch of eggs later. That perspective feels right for me this month so I've been letting go the disappointment and going with the safety.
Re meds Xerxella, I've been on a longer slower cycle (didn't start stimming till day 6) and have been using Nafarelin instead of cetrotide (which I used last time) for prevention of o. Last time I bloated up 5-6kg and couldn't go to the loo for 5 days (lol tmi - I took a whole satchel of bowel prep 1lt which is meant to work in 1 hr universally - mine took 11) so I really can't blame the doc, he seemed very concerned and also feeling bad about it. Re salvaging the cycle - the gentle option with trigger here is to use the nafarelin - but as I used it all cycle I can't... (That upsets me if most as when I mentioned using it I meant as a trigger! ) I won't ovulate at all this month now, I'm back on the nafarelin for suppression for 10 days (with clexane and asprin) during which time those follicles will just waste away. Part of me is sad, but onwards and upwards right?
Tina - so close!!!
Kewpie - it's Tuesday morning here already... Fx for you in 12 or so hours, hoping it's a good haul this month!
Tracy - do you have another update? I'm so hanging on every cell division smile.gif
I need to add that your support and 'upsetness' on my behalf mean the world... I'll turn 40 before I get another chance which is meaningless really, but hanging around me like a cloud.

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#995 of 1196 Old 05-26-2014, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@chuord-I'm sorry about this cycle love! I must just be a little nutty but I actually teared up reading about it. We all put so much into every piece of this that I truly feel your pain! I also totally get the birthday thing!! It is absolutely not meaningless. Sending lots of hugs your way!!

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#996 of 1196 Old 05-26-2014, 04:38 PM

Does anyone have any thoughts...pros and cons for PGD?

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#997 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 247 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

Fingers crossed @oxford. You must be getting excited. Hope you get lots of follicles

Hope your quality is better this cycle @Kewpie80

Thanks @Xerxella. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. 

Hope your ultrasound will help you and your cousin to relax @shelley4

I agree your overall health and safety is more important than this particular cycle, @chuord. Once again your courage and attitude are refreshing and encouraging. It is getting very close and hopefully we will have positive results so we can move forward with IVF in June. It's very nerve-wracking right now. It's down right scary to be honest. I pray it works so we can start putting together plans for June- it involves me staying in a hotel for a few days (we want to make it as comfortable as possible for me). Don't let the negative image of your age surround you. 

Hi @adiejan, I really feel for everyone one else here. The support is invaluable.

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#998 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 05:21 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Chuord- hugs on your forthcoming birthday. I totally understand how tough the milestones are. Make sure you and DH plan something nice and enjoy the day. Hope your follicles are not too painful right now.

Tracy- how is it going? Any news??

Kewpie- good luck for retrieval today. I am sending you calm vibes.

Afm- I have headache like my head is in a vice and my ovaries are aching :-( on the positive side I don't usually get my EWCM and for the last few days I have had loads!!! Sorry tmi!! I hope my retrieval will be Friday as I am keen to stop this ache now. Counting the days.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you enjoyed your memorial weekend.
#999 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 06:06 AM

Oxford - I hope you trigger soon so you can start to feel better.

Adiejan - I think PGD is complicated and it depends on your goals. PGD will not get you closer to a take home baby. But, it will reduce your miscarriage risk and if you have a ton of blastocysts, it will help you pick the best ones to put back. So, it really depends on how many blastocysts you get. If you have more than 8-ish, I could see how it would be worth it. If you just have a couple, it makes more sense to just put them back and you'll find out that way if they'll work or not.

#1000 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Has anyone heard of Lydia Pinkham? Thoughts?

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#1001 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford View Post

Afm- I have headache like my head is in a vice and my ovaries are aching :-( on the positive side I don't usually get my EWCM and for the last few days I have had loads!!! Sorry tmi!! I hope my retrieval will be Friday as I am keen to stop this ache now. Counting the days.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you enjoyed your memorial weekend.

I can't remember... are you on ganirelix or cetrotide?  Headaches are a common side effect for those.  I got them really badly my second cycle and thankfully not since.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#1002 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 11:51 AM

We got 14 eggs!!!  That's huge for me.  My past cycles, we got 4, 5, and 7 eggs.  RE is thrilled.  We're doing ICSI on all of them, so we'll see tomorrow how many fertilized.

shelley4, Xerxella and hope4light like this.

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#1003 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 11:52 AM

@Kewpie80 - Woohoo!!!!! That's awesome!! So happy for you. I cant wait to hear the fertilization report tomorrow!

#1004 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 AM

I guess you can move me from the "waiting after failed cycle" to " IVF/IUI/Other Treatments"

tracyamber likes this.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#1005 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 12:54 PM

Yay!!! Well done kewpie. Fabulous result!! Fingers crossed for lots to fertilise. Keep us updated :-)
#1006 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Kewpie - 14 is a great number for anyone!!! So happy for you smile.gif fx for great fertilisation!!!

Thanks again for all the support ladies - a few days off the stims and my head is almost back to its usual optimistic self - I'm thinking age smage - let's knock this out of the park lol. Really we should have stuck to the first protocol - why change something that works?

Oxford - hang in there sweetie, the last few days are hard work - make sure you've done any bed changing washing etc before trigger - cos I found every step was sore after that and like kewpie I was queasy. Be gentle you are almost there!
Xerxella / adie - I haven't done pgd but I agree with what you say, our re also said it's only about 90% accurate and there have been cases where after pgd the materni -T test thingy has picked up chromosomal issues. However it would reduce the chance of a miscarriage. Adie this will be your first full ivf? So you have no idea yet how many eggs is 'normal' for you?
Tracy - do you know how they're going? Hoping there's a bunch!
Tf2b, mo, monkey, alive, and everyone - hugs and hi!
Kewpie - lol I'm still excited for you smile.gif
tracyamber likes this.

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#1007 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 08:13 PM

@Xerxella- Thanks! That's really what I was looking for. Since our first IVF resulted in turners I'm prone to doing it if we have a lot of eggs. I know there are no guarantees but the heartbreak of carrying her perfectly but having that abnormality was awful.

@chuord- yes this will be my first full IVF and I'm nervous. Previously on 50 mg of clomid for most of my Iui's I had 4-6 follies. However, obviously last round didn't go so red hot with my two empties and 3 immature.

@Kewpie80- so excited for you!! Now fx for a wonderful fertilization report. Yay!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#1008 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

We got 14 eggs!!!  That's huge for me.  My past cycles, we got 4, 5, and 7 eggs.  RE is thrilled.  We're doing ICSI on all of them, so we'll see tomorrow how many fertilized.
Excellent!!!!!
#1009 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 08:37 PM

Okay ladies...... No final fertilization report until I go in tomorrow. My transfer is at 12:30. I have acupuncture before and afterwards. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive each way so busy day. I am suppose to have no activity for 2 days. They said I could prop my head up with two pillows... Lol I like how they have it down to how many pillows I can use. I got my pineapple today too and cut out the core. Wish me luck. I'm really excited about this transfer.
So that being said I will have lots of time to chat on this thread he he
Beta on June 5 th
hope4light and pokeyac like this.
#1010 of 1196 Old 05-27-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post

Okay ladies...... No final fertilization report until I go in tomorrow. My transfer is at 12:30. I have acupuncture before and afterwards. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive each way so busy day. I am suppose to have no activity for 2 days. They said I could prop my head up with two pillows... Lol I like how they have it down to how many pillows I can use. I got my pineapple today too and cut out the core. Wish me luck. I'm really excited about this transfer.
Beta on June 5 th

Sticky thoughts!  

tracyamber likes this.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#1011 of 1196 Old 05-28-2014, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post

Beta on June 5 th

good luck!!!!

#1012 of 1196 Old 05-28-2014, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Oh man, I'm gonna miss someone!!

TF2B - keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Chourd - I'm sorry about the cancelled cycle, but you're handling it really well. When I had a couple cancelled cycles back in 2007 I thought I was gonna breakdown!! Hang in there, here's to hoping the next cycle is the winner!!!

Kewpie - that's a great number!!! Woo Hoo!

tracy - good luck, keeping my fingers crossed!

Shelley - glad the spotting slowed down. I spotted a few times with my first successful pregnancy with no problems, so it def happens. I believe it's more likely to happen with IVF too...

HI to everyone else - I keep lurking and cheering you all on!!!
tracyamber likes this.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#1013 of 1196 Old 05-28-2014, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 247 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

Leaving this afternoon to go to the city. Staying overnight in a hotel, husband has a 7 am appointment tomorrow. We really need all fingers crosses. This is a biggie. We need them to find sperm- quality and quantity at the test. This is our chance of having a biological child so we could start IVF next month. Feeling so excited, anxious, nervous all at the same time. I am so glad I have all of you right now. 

Sorry to hear about your headache and ovary pain @oxford

Hi @Xerxella and @hope4light and @Alivewithyou

So happy you got so many eggs this cycle @Kewpie80. Cannot wait for the implementation report

Hugs @chuord

Hope this cycle goes well @adiejan

Good luck at your transfer @tracyamber

tracyamber likes this.

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#1014 of 1196 Old 05-28-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytina View Post

Hi everyone,

Leaving this afternoon to go to the city. Staying overnight in a hotel, husband has a 7 am appointment tomorrow. We really need all fingers crosses. This is a biggie. We need them to find sperm- quality and quantity at the test. This is our chance of having a biological child so we could start IVF next month. Feeling so excited, anxious, nervous all at the same time. I am so glad I have all of you right now. 

Major fingers crossed for you guys!!!!!   let us know how it all goes as soon as you can, k?

#1015 of 1196 Old 05-28-2014, 05:17 AM

i have my ultrasound in about an hour.  this is the big one... really hoping to find a heart beat, and that the babykin is measuring the right size for our dates.  i'm 6w6d today, and had my first barf.  fun times!   i'm so nervous, ack!!  i just want it to all be over with and just KNOW what's going on.  i'm so glad the spotting is gone, but it really made me super paranoid :(

tracyamber likes this.

#1016 of 1196 Old 05-28-2014, 06:00 AM

Wow! Busy day today!

Tracy - So transfer is today!?!?!?!?! I can't wait to find out how they're looking! It's day 5 today, right? You should get some frosties out of this, too. I'm feeling really good about this for you. Update when you can.

shelley4 - Good luck today! I'm confidant for you! Update when you can!

tinytina - Good luck tomorrow! I hope they can find some sperm. Most of the time they get success with these sorts of things. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

kewpie - I'm waiting on your fertilization report!

AFM - THE ultrasound is tomorrow. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for bad news, but I just can't. I really just don't know what to think anymore. I try to tell myself that if I didn't have the history I have, I would never suspect a problem. There was a little spotting at implantation time and there's been nothing since about 15 dpo. So, for 2 weeks no spotting. No cramping. Just a little achiness and fullness feeling. Lots of tiredness and nausea. In other words, I've had absolutely nothing that points to there being a problem. BUT..... I DO have a history. And, I just have no idea what to expect tomorrow. I just want to know. Well, I really want there to be a heartbeat, but, if there's not going to be one than I just want to know that so I can move on. Sigh. I didn't sleep well last night with the worry. And, now I'm counting down the hours. 22 1/2 hours to go....
tracyamber likes this.

#1017 of 1196 Old 05-28-2014, 06:53 AM

Xerxella- we are all cheering you on, you certainly deserve a break. You put three back right? I hope at least one is snuggled in. Best of luck.

Shelley- im thinking that you are in your scan around now? Sending you lots if positive vibes. I hope you see your little one and hear some reassurance.

Tracy- hope transfer goes smoothly. How many fertilised? Are you putting back one or two? Thinking of you.

Tiny Tina- good luck for your expedition!! I hope everything goes really smoothly for you an DH. How exciting To be getting so close now.

Chuord- thanks for the advice I have out my washing on today and trying to get the house in order. What are you doing to relax?

Kewpie- any news on all those lovely eggs. Fingers crossed for a high fertilisation rate.

Afm- I had another scan today. 5 mature follicles, the largest at 22, then about 10 immature around 14ish. I am going to trigger tonight for a Friday retrieval to go after the five good ones. I'm feeling nervous about retrieval now.

This thread is moving so fast at the moment. So much possibility! Take care everyone and keep in touch.
tinytina and tracyamber like this.
#1018 of 1196 Old 05-28-2014, 07:02 AM

we are back, WITH A HEART BEAT!!!!    omg, i am SO relieved.  baby is measuring just the right size.  i never want to have spotting again ever!

#1019 of 1196 Old 05-28-2014, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)

Yay, Shelley!!

So much happening in the next few days - hoping for good things for everyone!! We need some more company on the grads thread!

AFM, I'm now counting down to our next big milestone... viability. 2 weeks from today, this baby would officially be considered worth trying to save if it came early. Obviously not our hope, but it will make me breathe a sigh of relief. :)

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
#1020 of 1196 Old 05-28-2014, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Shelley that's fabulous! Congrats!

Chuord- you always impress me with your ability to take what comes to you. It is so hard to put the time in perspective and look forward to another chance. I'm with you with why change what works. Lesson learned for both of us. What's the next steps? Can you try again when AF comes?

Tracy- can't wait to find out how transfer went!

Oxford- you should have a few more mature for Friday. Good luck!

Adie- I agree with what X said. We were going to do PGD because of recurrent miscarriages but didn't get enough embryos. I can see why after your miscarriage you would be concerned about having another trisomy. I think if you can get more mature eggs for a full IVF you will have a good chance at normal embryos regardless of PGD.

Xerxella- I am hoping and crossing everything for good news tomorrow. You having a successful pregnancy after a history of miscarriage gives me hope. It's so hard to be positive after repeated failure & you so deserve a happy ending.

Tina- good luck tomorrow! Enjoy your night away!

Hope- thanks for checking in! Good to know you're still cheering us on!

Kewpie- that's awesome! Waiting patiently for your fert report!

Monkey- that is great news! You're getting so close to the end!

AFM- not much going on at this point. I took FRER this morning (8dpo, 6dp2dt) and there's barely a faint line so my trigger must be nearly out. I'm trying so hard to stay positive and do my meditations. I have acupuncture today so maybe after that I'll feel more at ease. I've had implantation spotting with all 4 pregnancies so that's what I'm waiting for. Anyone else had spotting from transfer?

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40

Tags
Infertility

User Tag List
chuord, Xerxella

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page