The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 - Page 37 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#1081 of 1195 Old 06-01-2014, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Chuord - I'm glad you've been in better spirits. I can so understand the bummed feeling.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#1082 of 1195 Old 06-01-2014, 03:43 PM

So, my update.... 5 of the 13 were blasts today and they transferred 2 really good looking ones. With the other 3, 1 looked good and the other 2 are so-so. The last 8 weren't blasts and likely won't make it to tomorrow. So, it looks like we'll have 3 to freeze. I'm a tint bit disappointe that more didn't make it, but I'm glad we have the ones we've got.

My beta is on the 11th, late morning. I'm in the mountain time zone, so it'll be possibly the 12th before I post the result. I do plan to POAS beforehand, of course. I've never been able not to

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#1083 of 1195 Old 06-01-2014, 03:52 PM

Anyone know how to add a picture with a phone on here? I have a picture of the blasts but it seems there is no easy way to post them.
#1084 of 1195 Old 06-01-2014, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
@ toothfairy2be
I am sorry I really am hugs!!!!!
#1085 of 1195 Old 06-01-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie80 View Post
Anyone know how to add a picture with a phone on here? I have a picture of the blasts but it seems there is no easy way to post them.
I'm sorry it is so confusing and I am trying to add a photo too. About the codes before you post deal, mothering gets spammed a lot so I guess this is why this new version requires this. Sorry, it's been frustrating for me too.

Have you tried clicking on your picture(avatar) and choosing customize profile? Then somewhere you should see adding photos. Also, on my ipad the box in which we post there is an icon for adding a photo as well. I will come back to add detail.

Check out this thread too
Mobile Site Feedback Thread

Last edited by tracyamber; 06-01-2014 at 04:27 PM.
#1086 of 1195 Old 06-01-2014, 04:30 PM

@kewpie80
Congrats on being pupo!!!!!! Very exciting.
#1087 of 1195 Old 06-01-2014, 04:42 PM

Ok, so I just emailed myself the photo and then downloaded it just so I could post it here. I'm feeling rather grumpy about the new site. What was wrong with the old one, I wonder?

Anyway... enough complaining...

The upper left are the 2 we transferred. The upper right are the ones we're going to freeze. bottom 8 aren't doing well and likely won't make it to blast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1240058_10152955165401091_8775296306317311197_n.jpg (159.2 KB, 14 views)

IVF #1 11 weeks

#1088 of 1195 Old 06-01-2014, 05:19 PM

They look great!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you found a way to post!!!
I've been grumpy too about the changes with mothering but this is what happens when it is bought by another company as huddler no longer owns mothering. In the long run though I think all the kinks will be worked out and be better.... Just not now.
tinytina and kewpie80 like this.
#1089 of 1195 Old 06-01-2014, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Everyone having trouble with the new format: When you login and click on forum at the top, do you see the "thread subscriptions" button at the top right? That should show the threads you're active in.

@teamviddy , how cool that you are a foster parent. What a hard and important job. My username used to be bootsvalentine. I thought I'd share this link. I found some really good clomid info on this guy's blog, and it looks like although it's not been updated in awhile, he is a real doc and has answered a lot of questions. Here are his posts on MTHFR.
http://womenshealthandfertility.blog...ch/label/MTHFR

I've had one side cramping and I'm slowly going crazy. I'm trying to remain hopeful but also plan the next couple of cycles regarding doctors, meds, etc. I'm about 8DPO. Pretty proud of myself for not testing yet even though it's crazy early, I have definitely done it before.

Has anyone had any experience with insurance that says it will not cover treatment of infertility but will for the underlying cause of infertility?

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#1090 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 03:22 AM

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
@kewpie80 - Those blast look great. I think 3 to freeze is wonderful!!!! And you DO still have those other 2 frosties as back up, right? So, when will you POAS?

@tracyamber - SO????? Did you test yet? Come on. I know you did.

@iixivboots - Insurance is confusing. I have no idea.

to all
#1091 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 03:44 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Picture posting from a phone is still not working. To get to your threads easily on a mobile, click on menu, then click "thread subscriptions". On the desktop version there is a "thread subscriptions" button on the right hand middleish part of the screen.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#1092 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Unhappy

Quote:
Ok, so I just emailed myself the photo and then downloaded it just so I could post it here. I'm feeling rather grumpy about the new site. What was wrong with the old one, I wonder?
Nothing was wrong with the other site, but MDC got bought by another company so the old platform couldn't be used anymore

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#1093 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 05:26 AM

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Still can not figure out how to tag anyone, hating the new format still! Argh.....

I know I wanted to do research this weekend but instead I found myself trying to relax and just find a place where I can be more at peace over our new journey. I even went out with a friend this weekend for lunch (spent time with her and her 2 kids). Seeing them together just made me more resolved about wanting it for us.

I am really luck to have all your support.

I am lucky tracyamber. My husband has been my rock and source of support and inspiration right now. He is very accepting that this is our new path and that he wants to continue with it. He wants nothing more than me to be pregnant and us to have a family together. I have been able to talk to him a lot about my thoughts, feelings, and fears.

I hope your cramping has stopped tracyamber. Stick baby stick!

Thanks lilacvioletiris.

We were planning on doing ICSI as well.

Thanks toothfairy2be (so sorry hun) and chuord (hope you enjoyed time with your parents)

Thanks for the advice/suggestion Xerxella, my gut is to go IUI for 2-3 cycles too but I am not sure yet. I am so sorry hun that you are unable to enjoy this experience yet.

Good luck with your new foster child and hope your levels raise, teamviddy

Kewpie8, fingers crossed dear. Love the pictures. Sorry to hear about the ones not doing well but rather I am concentrating on the 5 ones that made it to blast!

All our insurance will cover is most of the drugs involved with IVF, iixivboots.

Hi everyone else!

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#1094 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
oxford - I am so so sorry. I'd also ask them about rescue icsi. All of our IVF's we did icsi (at no additional charge), but that was because we had pretty severe MFI and we knew the little guys would never be able to make it happen.

Kewpie - yeah on transfer!! fx that you'll be getting your BFP before you know it!!

boots - we had coverage for everything except the IVF with ICSI itself (so office visits, meds, lab work, etc). My company dropped a lot of that coverage this year, so I got lucky. I do work in the healthcare industry, so if you have specific questions feel free to PM me.

TF2B - I am so so so so sorry. It's just not fair. Big hugs.

Tracy - did you test? I think I got mine at 7 or 8 dp3dt. and at that point it was really light. here's to hoping!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#1095 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 08:48 AM

@tinytina I'm glad you just relaxed this weekend. You deserve it .'it is a mentally taxing journey. @Xerxella nope have not tested.... Scared. Maybe I will gear up and hold my pee( because I pee every couple of hours during the night) and do it in the morning. Maybe I will be chicken. Maybe I won't even go in for my beta.... Yeah right @hope4light thanks for all your support!!! @chuord you kinda quiet these days. I hope you are grieving and healing and doing all you need to do to get ready for your next cycle. @iixivboots hi, I don't think we've met but I like your courage of just jumping in and becoming part of this thread. @toothfairy2be you are in my thoughts. There really are no words . You have been through so much in the last year and a half and it feels simply unfair.(hugs)) @oxford how are you doing? I cannot remember where you are in your cycle. Can you remind?
#1096 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixivboots View Post
Everyone having trouble with the new format: When you login and click on forum at the top, do you see the "thread subscriptions" button at the top right? That should show the threads you're active in.
Yep, i do that and this one isn't listed, just the old winter thread that ended in february.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#1097 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 01:50 PM

So, we lost another embryo and only 2 of the remaining 12 were frozen. I'm a bit bummed, but trying to focus on the 2 on the inside right now.

Beta is on the 11th, but I'll probably POAS on the 9th or 10th.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#1098 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 01:54 PM

Ok, so after some poking around, I discovered that even though I've been posting here, I wasn't, "subscribed" to this thread. No wonder I couldn't find it without going back through emails... Anyway, I should have an easier time locating it now.

It's so odd cause it was listed under subscriptions on the old site. Oh, well.
tracyamber likes this.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#1099 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Morning!!! Sorry I went AWOL, nothing more dramatic than my parents are staying with us for a week and since I'm not pupo and being gentle we've been doing excursions and having fun yesterday we did an island day trip, saw the most beautiful beach, and from a cliff lookout turtles, dolphins and rays swimming - mum saw a whale although they're not in season yet... Anyway the sea was so relaxing.
Tf2b - hugs and chocolate! I'm with everyone it sux. I wish you nothing but success and hope your time is soon, you definitely are a trooper and an inspiration.
Oxford - how are you doing after your awful result? Hope you are being gentle...
Tracy - I'm so excited for you!!!! When is beta?
Kewpie - woohoo for transfer, thanks for the pic it's fascinating... I'm in the any cycle you make it to frosties is a good cycle at the moment... Fx for sticky embys - you'd love more teins right?
Xerxella - I totally understand, at this stage letting yourself celebrate fully just makes an ending more painful... I'm working on even keel generally too - it's less draining. Can I ask if there's a week you would feel safe by?
Tina - my one thought about the ivf is, if you got frosties then you could have multiple children with the same biological thread - even if the donor stops donating. But it's one of those things that's a huge expense for that outcome.
Hi everyone hope you're doing something fun today!
tracyamber likes this.

Last edited by chuord; 06-02-2014 at 03:27 PM.
#1100 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iixivboots View Post
@teamviddy , how cool that you are a foster parent. What a hard and important job. My username used to be bootsvalentine. I thought I'd share this link. I found some really good clomid info on this guy's blog, and it looks like although it's not been updated in awhile, he is a real doc and has answered a lot of questions. Here are his posts on MTHFR.
http://womenshealthandfertility.blog...ch/label/MTHFR

Has anyone had any experience with insurance that says it will not cover treatment of infertility but will for the underlying cause of infertility?
Ahhh, that makes more sense! I remember "boots"-- OK. And I see Lilac and Xerxella, who I of course remember from the Bajingo thread... I appreciate the link, and yes, that guy is not trying to sell infrared saunas or water ionizers. Thank you

My MD has been giving me possible ICD9 codes and I call my insurance company and check whether they are covered. Then they use the ICD9 code that matches the problem I have, and is covered. It takes a lot of time, an MD office willing to give you codes, being on hold with the f-ing insurance company, talking to an insurance service person who never gets this question, and an MD who is willing to be flexible (not totally sure they can get in trouble for doing this? as long as the diagnosis is correct it can't be too bad...). But it can save you thousands of dollars. Just an idea.

Turns out the kid we are fostering is totally easy, goes to bed fairly early and we still have some free time... I still can't keep up with the pace of this thread though!
tracyamber likes this.
#1101 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi All! I've been cheering you on and lurking away! I'm finally back in the game. Had my baseline U/s today. It went well...lots of little guys. Also got my AMH back and it's 5.6. So hoping for some good eggies!
#1102 of 1195 Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 PM

Adiejan: Good luck this month! !
#1103 of 1195 Old 06-03-2014, 05:40 AM

Ack.....just lost my big post that I had typed up. Argh.....

Feeling alright- my positivity seems to come and go. Trying not to worry/over-think things before our appointment on Thursday. However, I am feeling like I need to get lots done right now. My anxiety is a bit worse tho, more frequent since our appointment last week.
Been trying to enjoy the sun and warmer temps this week. Suppose to cloud over tomorrow until Friday.

Hi hope4light

Thanks tracyamber. I don't think I was prepared completely for just how difficult this journey is mentally. How are you doing?

Hope you are trying to remain positive, Kewpie80.

Hope you enjoyed some much needed time away (AWOL) chuord. Your island day trip sounds like a lot of fun. That certainly is a consideration/thought we have discussed with IVF vs. IUI but I think we are both leaning towards no more than 3 cycles of IUI first.

Glad things are going so well teamviddy.

Glad your baseline ultrasound went well, adiejan

#1104 of 1195 Old 06-04-2014, 04:55 AM

Last night me and my hubby decided we needed time out/where we didn't talk about all of this. We decided to go out for dinner and a movie. It was really nice to get away.

Tomorrow is our follow-up appointment. Super nervous right now.

Hope everyone is doing well!
kewpie80 likes this.

#1105 of 1195 Old 06-04-2014, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Adiejan- my thoughts are with you as you start your new cycle. You are auch a strong woman fighting for your baby. One day that LO I going to know how much you love him/her.

Kewpie- hope you are relaxing?

Tina- your night off sounds lovely. Good luck for Thursday.

Xerxella- any more news? I hope the symptoms are mild.

Chuord- welcome back, glad you enjoyed family time.

Afm, we had our wtf appointment yesterday and they couldn't tell us much. DH sperm was normal and I had 5 normal mature eggs, they don't know why it didn't fertilise. I have read a lot about pcos affecting the egg shell so that's my theory. Anyway they recommend icsi next time and seem optimistic that will work. The good news we had today (first in a while!) was that they are going to find another round of treatment for us :-) normally you only get one free IVF through our NHS (healthcare system) but because we didn't get to transfer they are funding another, great news for us. I think I am going to take two full cycles out to let my body recover and then try icsi.

Hope you are having a good day?
#1106 of 1195 Old 06-04-2014, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Oxford - that's the best news you could have at this point! I'm really happy you get another free session, and that they are confident with ICSI. Here's to a couple of months injection free
Adie - woohoo you're back in the game! Fx for you lady!
Kewpie / Tracy - how are you both going?
Tina - times where you don't discuss it are vital to sanity - good call!
Hi everyone else!
tracyamber likes this.
#1107 of 1195 Old 06-04-2014, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Oxford-thanks for your sweet thoughts! I'm sorry about the last cycle. I really think that had a lot to do with why my IUI's didn't work. Our clinic does icsi from the get go. I really hope it works for you! I love that you got another round funded...amazing!!!

Tina- I'm glad you took a night off! How was your appt today?

Chuord- how are you love?

Tracy- any news yet?!?

X- how are you feeling mama?

Kewpie- how is the 2ww?

Tf2b- thinking of you love!!
#1108 of 1195 Old 06-05-2014, 05:14 AM

Hi everyone,

Things are crazy. The community in which we were suppose to go for our appointment today is dealing with a man hunt for a cop killer. They are locking down the city. They just called from the clinic to reschedule our clinic (we were going to call and reschedule anyway). So our appointment is next Thursday. I just hope we have enough time to try to start next cycle. This has got me freaked out- this has hit way too close to home and I am questioning our ability to stay safe and to keep our children safe in this crazy world.

Thanks @oxford -sorry you were unable to get answers, however, at least you have a clearer plan moving forward

Thanks @chuord

Hi @adiejan

Hi @abbey01

#1109 of 1195 Old 06-05-2014, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Tiny - OMG, I heard about that manhunt on NPR this morning!! How scary!!! I hope they find him soon.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#1110 of 1195 Old 06-05-2014, 06:50 AM

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
chuord, Xerxella

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page