The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 70Likes

#91 of 1196 Old 03-05-2014, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Today was absolutely horrific at work but my day ended on a positive note. First off, DH and I DTD last night. He actually remembered to wake me up and it was quite worth it :thumb Secondly, we have been going back and forth about something to do for our first wedding anniversary this upcoming June. We didn't take a honeymoon and there was no way I was not going on for our first anniversary. Needless to say, we will be heading to Philadelphia and New York for our anniversary. Philly for a music festival and NYC just because he's never been. I can't wait! I know this isn't baby related but it has taken my mind off things and I'm loving it!

Finally, got another positive OPK today soooooo I guess we're on the right track. We DTD last night so we will skip tonight and do it tomorrow. By the way, we bought insurance our tickets just in case we can't go LOL

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 1196 Old 03-05-2014, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Monkey - yay for being at peace with the baby. All the symptoms actually sound like great pg signs too.
Mo - you totally have this o thing down now wink1.gif that honey moon trip / 1st anniversary sounds fun!

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#93 of 1196 Old 03-05-2014, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
@chuord congrats on the 14 fertilized embies!!!!!! When is your transfer?
#94 of 1196 Old 03-05-2014, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

@chuord-grow embies grow!  So exciting!

@toothfairy2be- I hope your surgery goes ok...when would you do it?  I have to say it is really nice to see you pop up on here!  Thanks for being so supportive to me this past week :)!

@NaturallyMo- BD, BD, BD!!  Good luck!

@Xerxella- where are you my dear?  My brain is in such a fog that I am kind of confused on everyone's cycles at this point?

Everyone else...like I just said to X...I am in such a fog that I want you all to know that I cheer you on daily!  I am just very forgetful lately.  AFM- It has been one of the most awful weeks of my life.  I just feel broken in so many ways.  I'm sure it will heal over time but right now it is just utter bullshit.  I am so lucky to have such incredible support in my life and also on here.  I really appreciate you ladies. 

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#95 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

I really hate you had to go through all of that Adie. Hang in there.

Thanks everyone! Let's see what this month holds.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

#96 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Adie I'm sorry. I know words aren't enough.

Everyone else I'm reading along. I go for my beta in an hour. Praying it has doubled.
#97 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 12:26 PM

#98 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 02:21 PM

Adie - hugs, I agree this stuff shouldn't happen... To any of us! Thanks for taking the time to care about us all foggy brain and everything!

Tracy - transfer will be on Monday (5 day) we should find out times today... Hopefully they give me a number so I can call and find out about the embryo progress smile.gif I can obsess like the best... This whole process still feels surreal... Am starting to have a lot less soreness, and am feeling a little bad as it's dh 40th today - right in the middle of all this! No plans for celebration at this stage (we will later)
Mo - BD BD - hope you're having fun!
How was Disney X?
Hugs all

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#99 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 02:27 PM

Ladies please help me. The dr office called back. My beta hcg today was 54.

So 3/2 it was 18
And 3/6 it is 54

She said it is rising but they wanted it at 72.

So I go back Saturday.

So it's not doubling?
#100 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@ilovemykiddos- I'm sorry...you really are in beta hell! It doesn't look like it's doubling. You can look at a beta calculator. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I've heard the doubling is what's important. I
Hope things turn around for you. What did your doc say?

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#101 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Check out today's positive ovulation tests. These definitely much darker than they were a few days ago. I guess I'm peaking. DH already knows what's going down tonight!:thumb

#102 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 04:51 PM

Adie the nurse just said the number is 54 and that they wanted 72. But that it is rising so I am pregnant. I asked her what does that mean and am I out of the woods and she said no. But that all that was said.

She wants me back sat or sun for blood test. So I said sat but I am wondering if I should do Sunday for better number chances.

I looked at the doubling calculator and put in my 2 betas and it said doubling time 60.57 hours.

So does this mean the baby isn't OK?
#103 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

@ilovemykiddos - I don't know much about numbers, but *hugs* are in order for the stress of it!!!! 

+ Hugs for Adiejan, too.. 

TF2b -  We transferred one last Thursday - I promised DH I wouldn't test :irked so I'll get a beta on Saturday (14dpR, 9dpT). Things look good, but.. well, we all know too well that you never know.  We froze 6.  I'm glad to hear the LAP worked for you - and that you'll hopefully get more relief in the future!

Mo - yay for positive OPKs!  I'm glad they're resulting in some fun, too :

Chuord - those numbers are awesome!  Go you!!!  Be gentle to yourself - you did just have surgery!  The whole thing feels really surreal to me, too - I mean, in one way, it's like every month is now - I don't really believe that I could be pregnant, but I've kind of blocked out that I might get my period (which is awful these days) - except that I've got that turned up to 11.  Or 15. 

Monkey - I'm glad to hear that things are going well, mentally at least :)  It's nice to see what happens after all of this front end business... 

Mainebaby - good luck on the IVF!  Our first cycle has worked out pretty well, so far - I hope yours does, too!

I should respond more frequently - I'm sure I'm missing things...  I'm just waiting... I thought that not testing would drive me bonkers, but it hasn't really been a big deal.   I've been super tired - hopefully that's a good sign!   Also a little irritating, I keep having problems with what seems to be tinnitus in my ears - it's not a ringing, just my breath is so loud I have trouble hearing anything else, and it happens for hours at a time.  I've had it happen before, but not this consistently.... I guess I'll call the clinic about it tomorrow, in case it's a side effect of something, but The Internet doesn't seem to think that there's anything to be done.

DH(38) + I(37) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 2/2014 - IVF cycle =  due in mid November!
#104 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

ilovemykiddos - Sorry the beta limbo continues. Glad your numbers are at least going up! Your doubling time is not good news, but it's not certain doom, either. Doubling time under 48 hours would be more reassuring with such low numbers, but I know some sources that say a doubling time under 72 hours is good enough. Only time will tell. If you wait until Sunday, it probably will give you a better overall picture of how things are going, but I know I would have a hard time waiting an extra day for more info. Many hugs to you during this tough time, and I am hoping and praying for a good outcome for you!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
#105 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Currently lying in bed with DH while he reads comic books on his iPad and I pretend to read my tablet when I'm really plotting when and how im going to jump his bones LOL. As soon as he takes his glasses off, its on!

#106 of 1196 Old 03-06-2014, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Oh the things we fertility challenged women do to get these babies!

#107 of 1196 Old 03-07-2014, 06:24 AM

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Hey all! I've been reading along, but haven't had much time. I had to respond to...

Ilovemykiddos- I've been through many losses. Most of which were beta hell. I always hated it when people would tell me everything's going to be fine when it wasn't. Are there miracles with numbers like that? Sure. But, I have never been that miracle. (((Hugs))). Be kind to yourself.

wave.gif to all from disney. I'll be back at work on Monday and will give a full update then. Good luck all!!!

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#108 of 1196 Old 03-07-2014, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Chuord - 14 is AWESOME!

adie - So so sorry again.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#109 of 1196 Old 03-07-2014, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 260 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Hey everyone,

We went to the clinic yesterday and we have decided to start IVF asap - we are waiting for the urologist to call my husband for an appointment to meet and discuss the sperm retrieval by TESA.

Waiting for AF to come back (expected March 21st or possibly in April realistically by the time everything falls into place).

Then we can schedule my MOCK.

So the plan is IVF with ICSI.

They will transfer 1 great embryo or 2 if the quality is a little less.

http://www.conceptia.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&Itemid=20&lang=en

Of course we are both excited and nervous, it seems to be getting real all of a sudden. I think we are both worried about timing and money and just the reality of it all right now.

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#110 of 1196 Old 03-07-2014, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

@Xerxella - Welcome back!

@chuord - 14 fertilized!! Congratulations! GL Monday. For some reason we are like a week & a half behind you though my CD1 was 2/26.

@ilovemykiddos - Hope your beta continues to rise, grow baby, grow!

@Autumnlaughing - Thanks! Hope you get good news in a few days & the ear thing goes away soon. I get that "hearing your breathing loud" thing sometimes, too. So annoying!

@tinytina - Glad to hear you're starting IVF soon. GL!

AFM - Today is CD10, Day 8 of shots. Had second US & BW today. Over 10 follies on each side (US tech counted 16 on each side when I was in there), lead @ 7.06mm. Staying on same med dosage & starting Cetrotide Sun night. Next US Mon morn. Probably will need refill of the Follistim 300iu. Weirded out that retrieval will be later than I thought but they're saying I'm right on target. Idk. *Positive thoughts*. 

GL and hugs to all!!

#111 of 1196 Old 03-07-2014, 01:54 PM

Hi X
Kewpie - thanks smile.gif apparently there's still a ways to go before Monday... They graded them and I have 12 that were average (level 3 with 2 cells) and two that were oy level 2 (one 2 cells, one 4 cells) in Aus the rating is 1-5 with 5 being a very rare excellent...
Tiny tuna - I'm glad things are starting to feel like they are moving for you smile.gif just remember you really are in control of your choices.
Maine baby - wow that's a lot of eggs!!!! I really don't think the timing makes a lot if difference, the only time it would would be if the eggs get 'overgrown' and become dudds...
Btw the doc told me that keeping everything passing through was important (digestively) post operatively, but they didn't tell me that constipation is quite a typical reaction - greensad.gif I tend that way anyway and would have taken precautions had I known... Sorry about tmi, I just want anyone on their first cycle to have control... I'm now on Saturday after a Wednesday retrieval and nothing yet, despite treatments... Just be aware and if you need to up your fibre a few days before...
If any of you experienced ladies have suggestions I'm all ears!

#112 of 1196 Old 03-07-2014, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

@chuord - Thanks for the positivity! Good to know about the constipation... that stinks! You've probably tried this but lots of water might help. Feel better & rest up.

#113 of 1196 Old 03-07-2014, 02:36 PM

I am in such a bad mood.  I can barely concentrate at work.  I know I probably should just go in on Sunday, but I think I want to go on Saturday.

I have never had a miscarriage before.  I had 2 pregnancies and then the last one was when he was stillborn at 38 weeks.  I can't lose another baby.  I can't.

Why aren't my numbers better?  I had a 26, 22, 16 on the right and a 15 on the left.  Is there only one good egg each cycle?  Do you think the 26 was too big and a smaller one fertilized?  

Doesn't your body make the healthiest one the biggest each month?

I am a novice at fertility treatments as you can tell.  

#114 of 1196 Old 03-07-2014, 03:00 PM

I lovemykiddos - hugs!!! Be as grumpy as you need to be, but protect your sanity, this is a reasonably hard path and somehow you need to protect a piece of you from the crazy... I know I've let myself get really distressed too.
My RE told me that anything over a 22 tends to be like over ripe fruit - it still has a chance but is more likely jam than table fruit. Your doc was probably waiting till the two that were similar were big enough to trigger.
If it helps at all I try and think of it as my baby has a soul, that soul is looking for the 'vessel' in which to visit us... And that my early losses mean something wasn't quite right with the vessel, but that the baby will be back to try again - right or wrong it's my truth and it helps keep me focused...
I hope you find your peace xxx

#115 of 1196 Old 03-07-2014, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Does anyone else other than me feel severely nauseous while ovulating? If I didn't know that's what was going on, I would think I was pregnant. This happens the ENTIRE time I am O'ing. 

Speaking of O'ing, look at today's test. Another positive. 4 days of positives.

#116 of 1196 Old 03-07-2014, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Here's how I track:

1. the hearts represent the nights we've BD:shy

2. The yellow circles with black centers represent the positive ovulation tests.

3. The yellow squares represent the days the tracker anticipates I will O, although we know that may be off since I did a second cycle of clomid at the end of Feb.

4. The only reason the 6th and 7th are marked is because we BD at 4:00 am this morning (so unplanned - newlywed life). I wasn't sure if that would count as Thursday or Friday.

#117 of 1196 Old 03-08-2014, 10:20 AM

@ilovemykiddosIlovekiddos
I am sending you hugs as this must be very difficult for you right now. When is your next beta? What is the doctor hoping it will be? Doubling time is important so I really don't have any advice but can offer support to you and your family.
Hugs
#118 of 1196 Old 03-08-2014, 10:22 AM

@NaturallyMo looks like you and dh have been quite busy these days!!!!!
#119 of 1196 Old 03-08-2014, 10:27 AM

@Chuord
Are you taking calcium mag regularly? The mag really helps with the constipation and such. Something " calm" I cannot remember the whole name. Is the one I drink. Hope you are well.

ETA: do you have your pineapple core?( a bromeliad ) for after the transfer? Are you doing acupuncture?
#120 of 1196 Old 03-08-2014, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

hello everyone!!!   i'm offically joining this thread in the Waiting to Be Ready catergory!   i will (hopefully!) be acting as a gestational surrogate for a family member, and we are just in the process of getting the contract drawn up and signed.  then i'll have to go for medical testing to make sure i'm a good candidate, and then i'll have to start hormones at home before attempting our first embryo transfer.  i anticipate that will be in April at the earliest.    i'm very excited, this is all very new to me, and i'm so hoping that it will work out.   this baby-to-be will not share any genetics with me... it will be hubby's cousin's egg, fertilized with her hubby's sperm... they already have some embryos frozen and waiting.  now to get me ready!  

please cross your fingers that this will work out for us... the cousin and her hubby have been TTC for 5 years now, and have lost 6 babies so far.  this is their last hope before adoption.  hoping all goes smoothly!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th

Tags
Infertility

User Tag List
chuord, Xerxella