Progesterone levels in pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-02-2014, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

My last pregnancy I had really low progesterone levels and was on prometrium and injections until around 25 weeks pregnant.  I had tried to go off a few times but my levels always dropped lower than what he preferred to see so I'd have to start up on them again.  This pregnancy I have a different doctor who is just sort of like, "yeah, take them for a few more weeks and then stop." I'm nervous about just stopping because I know last pregnancy when I did, they were still low for a few more weeks and then finally when I went off and tested again later, they were still good.  So I'm not comfortable with her not monitoring it better. I'd like to have an idea myself then of what are good levels at different weeks during pregnancy.  My old OB followed the "zones of pregnancy" using naprotechnology but the chart online of that is too small to see well and when enlarged it gets blurry. Anyone else given specific info on levels throughout the pregnancy?  Oh, and if relevant, I've had 2 miscarriages which is why it has been monitored so closely.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-03-2014, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Come on ladies, some of you have more experience on this topic Thai I do:). Please advice
#3 of 3 Old 04-12-2014, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I don't know what the specific levels are sposed to be but you could supplement yourself. You can get progesterone cream at the health food store and there are oils,herbs & foods that help your body create it too! 

• doTERRA essential oils: 

Geranium, Oregano and Thyme ~ are all helpful oils for helping to overcome low progesterone levels.  Thyme is in the Lifelong Vitality Pack and can be additionally used topically on the feet or in a capsule daily.  Oregano can be used for short periods of time. Rub Oregano oil, 1-2 drops on the soles of the feet for 8-10 days then stop for 15-20 days.  May repeat after a 15-20 day break.

Marjoram and Thyme ~ place 3 drops each of oil diluted with coconut oil over the liver at night.

• Vitamin E in amounts up to 600I.U per day (use only 50 IU if you have high blood pressure, heart disease, or diabetes)
  • Vitex
  • Maca 
  • for more info on the last 3 entries see this link http://natural-fertility-info.com/preventing-miscarriage

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 

Tags
Infertility

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page