Surrogacy in Canada - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-04-2014, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Surrogacy in Canada

Has anyone here either been a surrogate or used a surrogate in Canada? I have some friends that are looking in to the process, and I would love to help them out any way I can.

Thanks!

Andi - roller derby, slave to the hoop, birth junkie, lover of love, single mama of 4
#2 of 6 Old 06-09-2014, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi Andi! I'm sorry no one has responded yet. I am bumping your post up for more attention. I know we have lots of Canadians in the community. I hope one can share some knowledge.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 6 Old 06-10-2014, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I'll hand up @shelley4 . She's doing surrogacy for her cousin and I think she's in Canada. Maybe she will see this and help you out.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#4 of 6 Old 06-10-2014, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post
I'll hand up @shelley4 . She's doing surrogacy for her cousin and I think she's in Canada. Maybe she will see this and help you out.

Yup!!! I"m in Canada (outside of Toronto),and I'm just 8 weeks pregnant with my first ever surro-babe would love to help you out... what in particular would you like to know?

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#5 of 6 Old 06-12-2014, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley4 View Post
Yup!!! I"m in Canada (outside of Toronto),and I'm just 8 weeks pregnant with my first ever surro-babe would love to help you out... what in particular would you like to know?
Thanks! I guess it would be a little different, as you likely did a private arrangement, but I'm wondering about agencies and legal stuff. My friends are having a hell of a time finding someone to carry their babe, so I'd like to provide them with a few options if I can.

That is very exciting that you carrying a surro-babe It's something that I've been interested in for a long time, but due to life stresses and family I just cannot commit.

Thanks again!

Andi - roller derby, slave to the hoop, birth junkie, lover of love, single mama of 4
#6 of 6 Old 06-12-2014, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
yes, my situation may be a bit different, since i'm carrying for a cousin. we didn't need to get an agency involved. but i still had to do all the lawyer stuff.

it is really hard to find a surrogate.. i'd suggest to first explore all family options.. you never know who might be willing to do it. also, there's a great website with forums called surrogate mothers online (smo), and they have tons of info. lots of the surros are in the US, but it's possible to find some in canada, or at least give information about being in canada and working with an agency.

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page