The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Summer 2014 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 404Likes

Old 08-13-2014, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
@chuord since I am not testing, you HAVE to! I cannot be in suspense about both of us!!

It is pretty satisfying to just not allow myself to test. It is certainly not for everyone, but I used to be a POAS addict so maybe others would enjoy the same experiment. Not you, though. Go to your beta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2014, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 170 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@Hope forlight-thanks for the good thoughts and for stopping in!!
@tinytina -i totally agree with chuord...let your hair down for a bit. I don't know about you but after a failed cycle I'm always excited about the prospect of a new one. Kind of odd I know. I just like at least being in the game.
@LittleKind - when will you test? I think it's awesome you have found this holistic dr!! Fx it helps...I'm sure it will!
@tifga -10 frosties...wahoo!! I had to wait a few months for my FET...it felt like it was going to be forever but I actually was a great break. Take care of you for a bit my dear!
@chuord - how I would love to fly over and drag you to your beta!! Haha paints an awesome picture! Yes, I try to hold off but really never can wait.

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Old 08-14-2014, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Yesterday was a rough day, emotionally but thanks to some amazing friends on here, I am feeling a lot better this morning. I can't believe I was scared to ask for help.

Thanks @tracyamber . I have been struggling/debating whether I am ready to try again and I keep flip flopping about it. But I am feeling like I am seeing a bit more clearly this morning.

Sorry you lost 4 embryos @tifga . Happy belated anniversary! I like low-key dates too.

Haha! You are hilarious @chuord . Thanks for the messages by the way I think your idea about allowing myself a treat or two would be good. Sorry to hear you are still bloated and sore. Feel better my friend.

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
Old 08-14-2014, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
@chuord
Your beta is Saturday but isn't that tomorrow your time compared to U.S. Time...... Friday for us , Saturday for you. Will you go in as soon as the clinic opens?
I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Ok guys I am way over my head trying to keep up with the IUI/IVF terminology... you guys and your blasty frosties... is there a glossary somewhere?

I'm laying low and following along, D&E went fine and we should have results in a couple weeks on the genetic testing. Meanwhile I'm enjoying all my vices this cycle, since I plan on giving up caffeine and alcohol for the whole of the next one. I confess I'm usually a "drink till it's pink" gal.

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:32 PM

@MakeItSew isn't the language crazy? I have never had any of these procedures but you start to figure it out from context after a while. I am glad everything went ok for you and you have a plan to rest and cut loose.

I was hoping with the time difference we'd have heard from @chuord . pins and needles.
@tifga that date is adorable.

AFM @adiejan asked when I will test and I don't know. it is fun to see each day if I can go one more day without. I will probably wait well past the time I could test. What if I wait until mid Sept without getting AF, and then I'd definitely be far enough to see a heartbeat and be past the "early m/c" anxiety and could move straight into normal pregnancy anxieties Or what if, since I'd surely know I was pregnant by then, I just didn't test or get an ultrasound and just slowly transitioned by noticing how my body changed. I'm not saying I'll do any of this, it is just fun to consider. When I m/c it is always natural and complete so I have no history to make me think I'd be at risk by doing this. My midwife group does very little in early pregnancy anyway. Anything I wanted to do like ultrasounds or betas would be through the HMO dr of my health insurance. But if I get sick and need medicine, or can't take the suspense, or any other reason I'd want/need to know, I will just go ahead and test. There are 4 tests in the drawer in the bathroom and I am astounded at my own willpower.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 363 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Makeitsew - it's a good thing if you're not up on all the terms
The most exciting term to know is dpt 'day past transfer' which can be done anytime from day 1-6 after egg retrieval... If they grow the egg out to a blast it seems to have a better chance (I think it's when the egg divides into two cell types; the baby and the placenta that a lot of them just stop growing). The bit I find annoying is I am 9dp 5 dt 9 days past 5 day transfer (5 day blast) lol seriously don't stress it's only important if it's a process you need to go through.

Littlekind - bloods won't be for 24 hrs from now... No pressure ladies! Lol and that's if I show up
I think I'm starting to come out the other side of the emotional battle (bat shit crazy would be the technical term)
How many days are you littlekind? Btw I really like that idea of just waiting...
Old 08-15-2014, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Actually ended up having a decent day yesterday. A much more normal day. And overall, I felt much better.

Hi @tracyamber

Trust me @MakeItSew , some days I feel like I need a glossary too. Enjoy your caffeine and alcohol. Get some rest and relax dear friend

Your strength and will power is inspiring @LittleKind

We all go alittle crazy at times during this process @chuord . You know I lost it for a few days there, right? Now I am starting to come out the other side.

Hi everyone else!

Old 08-15-2014, 11:03 AM

@chuord
Stalking!!!!
Thinking about you !
Old 08-15-2014, 11:25 AM

@MakeItSew - I agree with Chuord...it's good that you don't know all of these things yet. If you ever have a question feel free to ask. It took me forever to figure out what FX (finger's crossed) meant ha ha! Here is also a little list of fertility lingo http://thefertilityblogs.com/trying-...nd-slang/1009/ Enjoy yourself while you can! I totally indulged after my miscarriage. I hope your genetic testing comes back soon!

@LittleKind -Your idea of waiting cracks me right up! It also makes me feel a little anxious as I read it...I so wish I could be someone who waits! Do you know where you are in your cycle? I love how free you are with it right now.

@chuord - Wondering if you decided to go to your beta or if I need to hop on a plane to Australia! Isn't it Saturday there yet?!? If not I want it to be.

@tinytina - Hope you are taking care of yourself love!

@tracyamber - Hi! Thanks for keeping tabs on all of us! Hugs to you!

AFM: Lots of little twinges and crampies...taking that as a good sign but really not stressing too much this cycle. I am have really convinced myself that this is going to work. I hope that doesn't backfire haha...but if it does at least it has led to a more peaceful 2ww!

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Last edited by adiejan; 08-15-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:29 PM

Yep, stalking @chuord
Old 08-15-2014, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Agreed, I am here rooting for you as well @chuord .

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

Old 08-15-2014, 08:00 PM

Really quick one, got my results back...
Hcg 336 at 15dpo equivalent, estro 10,000 and progesterone 1822

Thanks for the support - more tomorrow when I'm calmer and hopefully less bloated.
Am so beside myself with happiness right now... Will do second beta Monday but am happy they seem strong

Any news?
Old 08-15-2014, 08:07 PM

@adiejan your twinges sound promising to me, too. I am glad your 2ww is calm. I think it shows in your posts.

I just counted and I am CD29, which might mean I'm a teensy bit late but I often ovulate late, and I didn't track it. It could still reasonably be about a week before I see AF. After that I would have to admit it is a very abnormally long cycle indeed.
@chuord , no pressure. no pressure. but we are all rooting for you and dying to know. in a good, no pressure kind of way.

hi tinytina and makeitsew. following along with you two as well.

Last edited by LittleKind; 08-15-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: I wrote this while chuord was also writing her great news :) it is still true though
Old 08-15-2014, 09:47 PM

HOORAY HORRAY
I'm sooooooooooooooo happy happy happy happy happy
You deserve this soooo much.OMG I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!
@chourd

Do you have two babies in there?????
Old 08-15-2014, 10:52 PM

I know I already said this elsewhere chuord but whooooohooooooo!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:15 PM

WAHOOOOOOOOOOO! Yay @chuord !!!!!!! I just knew it!!!!!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Old 08-16-2014, 12:56 AM

Thanks ladies!!! The friends I've made through mothering have made this journey (so far) way more bearable!
Tracy - lol thanks, with my hcg I won't be surprised at twins, or disappointed with a single... It feels surreal right now... I'll relax more after the second beta
Old 08-16-2014, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Hi @tracyamber and @alivewithyou

Hi @adiejan , I am trying to take care of myself and am feeling a lot more positive. Fingers crossed for this cycle dear. Love your lower stress approach.

Yippee @chuord !

Hi @LittleKind

Hi everyone else!

Old 08-16-2014, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Omg congrats chuord! Those are awesome numbers!
Old 08-16-2014, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
congrats chuord!!!
Old 08-16-2014, 09:18 AM

@chuord
Please tell us how you told DH, isn't he out of town?? Happy happy
Old 08-16-2014, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Chuord - YEAH!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!

Caution! Seizure inducing dancing veggies ahead:

(I hate how this new format limits the number of dancing veggies. It makes it so my feelings aren't expressed strongly enough!)

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Old 08-16-2014, 03:19 PM

Thanks everyone!!!!! Lol Xerxella that was plenty of veggies for me

It's strange although I haven't been on this thread forever, I've been trying and posting since November 2012.... It takes a little brain adjusting to move to the other side of the fence - this morning I woke up very relaxed. Having said that I'm not considering moving until I have a scan and know everything is good, so you're stuck with me a while yet.
Dh yes he's interstate, lol nothing exciting he knew I'd had the blood draw - I rang him, he asked what was up, I said good news and told him, he asked who I rang first, lol I said you, you idiot it's our news! And he laughed... We laugh a lot... As I said before I was given an 11% chance of a single pg from this ivf transferring two embryo's... Luck seems to be on our side. I'm just feeling blessed, and rambly lol... I do laugh at myself I reckon I might have got a positive on a poas for once!
So what's everyone's news??? Littlekind anything? Adie??? Tina are you settling into the new cycle?
Tifga - what process are you doing?
Thanks grad ladies for stalking I'll come visit when I know I belong xx
Old 08-17-2014, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hopping on here to say CONGRATS Chourd!!!!!!!! So, so incredibly happy for you!!!!!!!!!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Old 08-17-2014, 02:44 PM

Thanks tenzins mama! It's been a while in the making! Love that my friends are popping in to say hi how's everything with you?

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:48 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Horay Chuord!!! :j oy

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Yay @chourd!!!! So happy for you, dear!!!

Adiejen how are you feeling?

Any better, @tinytina ?

Hi, everyone!

AFM, my step-father offered to pay for one round of IVF (which at my clinic is $11k) when he found out our insurance wouldn't cover it, and we saw no other way to pay for it. I had been devastated for those two days…started looking at clinical trials, tried to imagine not having another, looking up children available to adopt from foster care (even though dh is not sure). It felt like I had lost another baby. If nothing else, the experience showed me that this really is what I want to try to do, even if not successful. I don't know what happens if the first round doesn't work, which I know is a possibility. And this makes trying to decide whether or not to do just a single transfer more difficult. But, starting acupuncture for both me and dh, and found a place an hour away to do mayan abdominal massage. In training for this IVF!

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
Pregnant again after IVF, EDD July 6, 2015!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
chuord!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! I'm so freaking excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 08-18-2014, 06:23 AM

quick AAM because my computer is old and shuts off constantly now - need a new one.
Anyway, I think I'm at CD34 today and FINALLY took a test because I threw up at my grandma's last night and have had crazy heartburn for about 4 days.

Now I remember why I hate to test. I think I barely see the faintest beginning of where a line should be, but I get line eyes and I don't want to overthink it. I will test again Wednesday. So, crazy heartburn, nausea, tender breasts, throwing up....all is going according to plan except that stupid stick.

User Tag List