The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Summer 2014 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 404Likes

Old 08-18-2014, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

Does it feel like August is flying by already? Got a lot to do around the apartment.
Today is CD 6.

Hi @alivewithyou and @tifga

Hi @tracyamber and @Xerxella

So happy for you @chuord

Hi @tenzinsmama and @rcr

Thanks for asking @radiowave , I am starting to feel a bit better. More positive. Glad your step-father is going to help you.

Hi @hope4light

Fingers remain crossed for you @LittleKind

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2014, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
@chuord
Waiting for 2nd beta! Want details @adiejan when is you beta again??
Hi everyone!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2014, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
August is in a crawl for me. Dr. wants me to take 1 cycle off before the FET so I am cranky with nothing baby making to do.
And my allergies have started acting up for the first time all season so that is making my cranky.
In general I am very cranky today!
Old 08-18-2014, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Chuord, yayyy! . Happily stalking along.

LittleKind, pee sticks suck! Hoping you get a clear positive tomorrow!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 08-18-2014, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Rcr, hope4light - thank you!!!! Wow I'm feeling so covered in happy right now

Quick update - second beta 681, doubling time 47.1 (17dpo) so I'm allowing myself to relax and enjoy until my scan (early September)... This feels so awesome it's amazing!

Radio - that is great news! Ok just a thought, my cycle that got cancelled I only paid $60 out of pocket for - but I'm in Aus - it's worth finding out, cos if it looks like a poor haul better to save the money and try again another month. Second - if you get a good amount of eggs you may get some frosties, a fet (frozen embryo transfer ) cycle is way cheaper. So you could still get several bites out of the cherry with your one go. I would explain all that to the doc and tell him you need to get the most out of your one chance
Littlekind - lol I still haven't poas... Do you drink a lot of water? Maybe it's too diluted lol... All the signs are sounding good though fx!!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@LittleKind -stupid sticks!! I agree with chuord...all of the signs sound good!! Do you think you'll POAS again?
@chuord - yay for good doubling! I'm so thrilled for you!
@tinytina -It seems like you're always keeping yourself busy. I love it. I agree august has flown by...well except for my 2ww!
@radiowave - how incredible of your stepdad. Have you looked into any other clinics that might do a preg guarantee plan? With my clinic we paid 13,000 and had 2 cycles covered. They also didn't charge us extra for our FET.
@tracyamber - my beta is on Friday!

AFM- my normal POAS addict nature has turned into me being a chicken!! I think I might do it tomorrow. I feel pregnant...I just don't want to burst my happy bubble. What do you all think...to pee or not to pee?!? I'll be 8dp3dt (or 11dpo).

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Old 08-18-2014, 06:43 PM

Adie - I'm a no pee-er obviously - what if you are pg, but have dilute pee? You don't need that downer, lol but I'm sure everyone else will want you to test
Soo exciting!!!!
Tina - have you recovered? Are you ready to try again?

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12******20***24***28***32***
36***40
Old 08-18-2014, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
@chuord I'm late to the party, but congrats!
@adiejan I confess I'm a pee-er. I say go for it!

AFM nothing to report really. Healing post D&E is going well. I'm back to running. Bleeding/cramping has stopped, which is nice. After the last miscarriage it took two months to totally stop bleeding.

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:49 PM

@chuord - you better change that signature of yours mama!!!
@MakeItSew - I'm glad your bleeding is stopping. I HATED that part!!

Thanks for the votes ladies! Of course I knew yours chuord
@tifga -sorry I missed you on my last post! I'm sorry you have to wait. I did too but I actually felt like I could enjoy some time off and then headed right into it! Sorry you're sidelined!

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Old 08-18-2014, 09:11 PM

Adie was your fet august 1st? As per your siggy? If so it's 18 days later.... Wow that's waiting a long time to test!
I will change it soon, honest

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12******20***24***28***32***
36***40
Old 08-19-2014, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Hi @tracyamber

Sorry to hear about your allergies @tifga . I am in wait mode --so time is going fast and slow all at the same time. I am also on a break from school which seems odd. Add in too much to do around the apartment and it all equals a fast and slow month. LOL! Hope your break (1 month off) goes quickly dear.

Hi @Tear78

Glad your second beta was so good @chuord , definitely take it easy and relax dear. Thanks for asking how I am doing dear. I am definitely feeling more like myself and I think I definitely want to try again this month. I realized the end goal of having a child needs to outweigh any of my fears right now.

Busy isn't the word right now, @adiejan , I feel like I want to get things done while I am on break from school plus it is also keeping me busy while I wait. Add in my folks coming for a visit later this month and you get the picture.... Sorry to hear your wait is so long. I find the TWW very long as well.

Glad to hear you are feeling better @MakeItSew .

Hi everyone!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:02 AM

@adiejan
If you test, I think it would be okay. 8dp3dt and now today is 9d . Humm, if egg implanted on 10th day then it gives 2 days to produce HCG. So you should see a line.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:44 PM

Talking

Hi All!

I am actually 8dp3dt (11dpo) and well...BFP!! So begins the other part of the journey (again) that I pray will finally lead to my take home baby/babies! For now I am thrilled!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BFP.JPG (11.9 KB, 18 views)

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Old 08-19-2014, 03:49 PM

Adie - woooohooooo!!!!! Lol you had a feeling right? So how many days till beta? Fx this one is it for you, no more false starts!
Tear, makeitsew - thanks I'm so floating in the love right now it's awesome!
Tifga - sorry missed your post! Hugs, I know the frustration... When my second cycle got cancelled I still had to wait an extra month or so to heal... A month is a huge chunk of time.
Tina - you know how you mentioned fears, for me childbirth has always loomed as a world ending procedure that I have no control over - huge fear. Now, before this bfp I was so determined I no longer care about the fear, my birth plan is no longer about me but about the best way to get the baby safely out - I've made peace with all the options. It's weird (dh is in shock) but letting go the fear is so peaceful. Whether it's hormones or not I'm happy to have found that place.
Adie - yay!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 03:55 PM

Adie - btw, strong bfp for so early... I'm putting my bet on multiples just getting in there early!
Plus you might want to post on the scenic route thread... A lot of recent activity and they'd love to hear
Old 08-19-2014, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
congrats adie!!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post
Adie - woooohooooo!!!!! Lol you had a feeling right? So how many days till beta? Fx this one is it for you, no more false starts!
Tear, makeitsew - thanks I'm so floating in the love right now it's awesome!
Tifga - sorry missed your post! Hugs, I know the frustration... When my second cycle got cancelled I still had to wait an extra month or so to heal... A month is a huge chunk of time.
Tina - you know how you mentioned fears, for me childbirth has always loomed as a world ending procedure that I have no control over - huge fear. Now, before this bfp I was so determined I no longer care about the fear, my birth plan is no longer about me but about the best way to get the baby safely out - I've made peace with all the options. It's weird (dh is in shock) but letting go the fear is so peaceful. Whether it's hormones or not I'm happy to have found that place.
Adie - yay!!!!!!

Thanks so much love!! Beta will be on Friday. I have taken note of your bet that it's multiples ...maybe we won't be the "left ovaries" after all!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Old 08-19-2014, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Congrats Adie! Can't wait to hear about the betas!!!

Had my mock embryo transfer today. Everything looked good. It now feels like this is really happening. Here we go!

Hi to everyone!

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
Pregnant again after IVF, EDD July 6, 2015!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:29 PM

@adiejan
I knew you'd be positive too!!! Congrats!

Old 08-19-2014, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay @adiejan !! that is a great dark line for so early. How wonderful.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
oh AFM I didn't test this morning. If I am not pregnant, this is now a new record for longest cycle. I came home from work today (first day the junior highers had class. oy). and I fell asleep for 2 hrs on the couch as soon as I entered the door. Now I am making a grilled cheese for my son and we're having early bed
Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I know I'm a little behind, but congrats Chuord! And Adie! And LittleKind!
Feel free to join us in grads whenever you're ready, and we totally understand if it isn't for awhile.

There were other things I was going to say, but I have now forgotten them all. Yay, insomnia brain. Sounds like September/October should be busy times in here, too!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 08-19-2014, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Congrats adiejan!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Hi @tracyamber , how are you doing?

Big congrats @adiejan

So happy to hear your fears are melting away @chuord

Hi @tifga

Glad the mock transfer went well @radiowave

Hi @LittleKind , hope you get some much needed rest dear

Hi @monkeyscience and @alivewithyou

Old 08-20-2014, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Congrats Adie!!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 08-20-2014, 01:38 PM

@tinytina
I'm Okay. I don't want to complain here especially on this thread as we all are trying so hard to get pregnant and I don't want to come off unappreciative.

How are you doing. Are your in-laws visiting? Are you gearing up for your next cycle?

Old 08-20-2014, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
omg so many BFPs! I can hardly keep track! Congrats @adiejan and fingers crossed for @LittleKind . Hoping for sticky babies for all of you.

Things aren't so bad here... a friend who owns a bakery just stopped by with some cupcakes to cheer me up. I gotta be careful though, all this cheer might start showing up on my waistline.

I have decided to go forward with taking some supplements from the "can't hurt, might help" category. I'm generally in the "eat food not pills" camp, but at this point I'll try most anything. I'm taking a prenatal (mostly for the Vitamin C and Folic Acid), and CoQ10. The CoQ10 pills are SO BIG I think I'll switch to the gummy version after this bottle.

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:29 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
Chuord: that's great! May I ask why you do 50/50 instead of all ICSI?
I have been terribly concerned about multiples…worried about health issues, if my cerclage would hold etc. So I was glad to learn about ESET, offered by my clinic. Here is a description from my clinic's website "ESET is elective Single Embryo Transfer, a process by which one good quality blastocyst (or day 5) embryo is transferred back to the patient. The embryos that survive to the blastocyst stage of development are more likely to be strong and healthy. Blastocyst embryos have a much higher chance of implanting than 4 cell (day 2) or 8 cell (day 3) embryos, therefore fewer embryos are required to achieve a pregnancy.

"When you choose eSET, you are giving yourself the best possible chance for a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby," explains Robert Stillman, MD, Shady Grove Fertility’s Medical Director. "Now we can confidently tell an increasing proportion of our patients that they won't be sacrificing their chances of pregnancy in order to achieve that peace of mind."

And it’s catching on. Since its inception in 2002, the number of patients choosing elective Single Embryo Transfers has increased each year. In 2010, nearly 20% of all IVF patients and 41% of donor egg patients elected to transfer a single embryo which resulted in a 61% clinical pregnancy rate for IVF and 62% pregnancy rate for donor egg."

Has anyone here done this? I am trying to learn how the chances of success differ from transferring two at a time, which is what my doctor recommended. He never even mentioned this.
I am pretty sure we are not going to do the genetic testing now…we really can't afford it, and since it is not %100 accurate it wouldn't provide the peace of mind we are looking for…
adiejen: how are you? are you taking progesterone? how are you feeling? when are you going to test?
Hello and have a great day to everyone else!

I'm extremely late replying to this because I haven't been around much. Where I live (province of Quebec, in Canada), fertility treatments are paid by the government but they also limit the number of embryos you can transfer at a time. I've had 3 single embryo transfers... One was a BFN, one was a miscarriage, and one is 3 month old daughter.

The reasoning behind SETs is as follows: say you have 2 embryos. You can either transfer them both at once, or transfer one and freeze the other to use later. If one of those embryos was good enough for a pregnancy, you get pregnant in both scenarios, although it could take a few extra months to get pregnant in the scenario where you are doing SETs. If both embryos were good enough for a pregnancy, then you have twins in the first scenario, and you have two singleton pregnancies a few years apart in the second scenario.

Since twin pregnancies are riskier, doing SETs makes a lot of sense when you have plenty of time and money is not an issue (because in most clinics you have to pay for the frozen cycles too). With SETs and freezing, you end up with just as many babies

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 08-20-2014, 08:41 PM

Arg posting from my phone, I wasn't quite done when I sent the above message.

I also wanted to say that the theory above assumes that freezing does not harm the embryos. If your clinic uses the most advanced freezing technique (vitrification), this is pretty accurate as I think the survival rate is around 90-95%. However I had 8 frozen embryos and one of them did not survive defrosting. Some doctors claim that the embryos that couldn't survive freezing and defrosting wouldn't have resulted in a successful pregnancy anyways, so it's not much of a loss.

Anyways it's a personal choice. For my first and second transfers I had no choice but to do a SET. For the 3rd my doc encouraged me to transfer 2 but I chose to put only one. I did quite a bit of research into the risks of twin pregnancies beforehand, and I personally knew a few people who had issues with their twin pregnancies, so that is what motivated my decision. Now that I've experienced what it's like to take care of a newborn, I simply can't imagine how anyone could do it with 2 babies so I'm pretty happy with my decision!

Old 08-20-2014, 08:44 PM

By the way my first 2 transfers were blasts, my 3rd one (the one that worked) was a single 3 day, 8 cell embryo... Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of that successful transfer

User Tag List