The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Summer 2014 - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 404Likes

Old 08-27-2014, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@radiowave -how exciting to have a plan!!! Stimming is no fun but you are well on your way to a bfp! I'm so happy the financial burden has been lifted. So incredibly generous. What is your protocol?
@tinytina -I know you're busy but just hoping the opk said go time!!

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 02:46 AM

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Radio wave - great plans moving forward! One thing, make sure you let them know you want rescue Icsi if the eggs don't fertilise naturally - it sometimes happens that the egg and sperm aren't compatible - this happened to oxford, at least it would help ensure the cycle works. At least just ask for your peace of mind.

Tina - have a lovely time with family, cry, absorb their love and be revitalised for the next part. Re the crafts, I'm sure you'd love it

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12******20***24***28***32***
36***40
Old 08-30-2014, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I'm trying to find information on what rescue ICSI is, but having trouble finding anything comprehensible. Any site suggestions?

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
Pregnant again after IVF, EDD July 6, 2015!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Old 08-30-2014, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

AFM: Spent a few great days with my parents. Got a positive OPK result yesterday morning so this morning we got to go for our 2nd IUI procedure. It was a bit more painful than last month. So now I guess I can say I am in the Two Week Wait again.

Glad you have a plan @radiowave . Good luck on your stim drugs

Thanks for checking up on me @adiejan

Thanks @chuord . Emotionally I am actually doing pretty good right now. It was nice to have my parents here as a great distraction.

Hi @tracyamber

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
Old 08-30-2014, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

FYI: I am willing to stay on as threadkeeper for now if everyone wants me to. Let me know of any changes!

Updated to Here, please make any changes in BOLD

Old 08-30-2014, 09:28 PM

@tinytina -yay for the 2ww!! (Well sort of...it feels soooo long). Fx for you love!

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Old 08-30-2014, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can I poke my head in here?

I wrote a long thread ("Successful Testicular Biopsy. ICSI Stories?"), and I was directed here.

My DH had a successful testicular biopsy (for Congenital Absence of the Vas Deferens), and I am feeling very emotional about moving forward with ICSI. We had our follow-up appointment on Friday, and I was given a prescription for birth control. (I was diagnosed with PCO at our consultation. I appear to ovulate, but I have irregular menstrual cycles). I am in the process of weaning from several different medications (anti-depressants, migraine prophylactics) that may not be safe during pregnancy. I will start the birth control at my next cycle. I will then be booked for a sonohysterogram, and given further instructions to move forward.

I'm very nervous. I'm worried about my mental health. I'm not feel very comfortable with the invasive procedures. I know that it will all be worth it, but it is difficult to prepare. A dear friend of mine, in a similar circumstance, (DH has same disease and prognosis), had her embryo transfer, and lost her husband a few days later. (This was last week). It was completely unpredictable, and very sudden. It has left me very shaken.

May I join this thread? I am in the early stages, and I am still learning about the process and procedures, but I will contribute to the best of my abilities.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:29 PM

The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Summer 2014

Welcome @treehugger86
This is a wonderful thread full of support!!
I had ICSI with my first son born in 2011. It's not so invasive except when retrieving your eggs but you may be put under. The hard part for me were the medications.
Hugs to you you sound like you have had a hard week.
I think @radiowave is doing ICSI as well.
Best

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2014, 12:45 AM

Tina - thanks for doing a great job, and fx for this two!

Welcome tree hugger! Anyone is welcome here, I've found it to be a wonderful supportive thread... I'm with Tracy you seem to have been having an awful week or two... Re the meds I fully understand, I used to have issues with daily migraines (and meds) it's hard to give up the safety net sometimes. I found that taking a dha high fish oil capsule (4 a day) took away a big part, and natural therapy helped with the rest. Let us know if you have any questions. The egg retrieval is a little uncomfortable with all the hormones - but take it one day at a time and believe that the end result is worth it.

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12******20***24***28***32***
36***40
Old 08-31-2014, 10:02 AM

@treehugger86 - welcome!! You have found the right place! I completely understand your worries it's a scary process. So do they have to do something special to retrieve dh sperm? I am also diagnosed with pcos. The most difficult thing for me with that was the risk of (and I did) hyper stimulation. We also did icsi (that's all our clinic does). Really, there was nothing to that for me this is an exciting daunting journey. Best advice is to take it a minute at a time . I really hope your mental health stays intact over this process...it can be hard. We all know this and are here to support you!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

Old 08-31-2014, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow. Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate the support. I will keep you updated.

tracyamber: Yes, I will be put under, I believe. It is the medications that I am more concerned about, because I tend to be very sensitive to even subtle changes in hormone levels in my body.

chuord: I will look into a DHA fish oil supplement. I also take B2, CoEnzymeQ10 and magnesium for migraines.

adiejan: My DH had a bilateral testicular biopsy, in hospital, with general anesthesia. He does not have a vas deferns and his epididymis was completely collapsed. He has been in a lot of pain and discomfort for the last few weeks. He does seem to be healing, but it is a rather slow process.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:14 PM

Tree hugger - great that you are already mixing the vitamins for support. While doing the hormones if you change to a b multi it helps with the mood fluctuations (several of us are really sensitive - if we got through it you can!) q10 is great for egg quality, also vitamin e - I would stop that at retrieval though...
Adie - hope you are staying zen xxxx
Tina - busy tww?
Littlekind - how are you?
Old 08-31-2014, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Welcome, @treehugger86
I am also doing IUI with ICSI. I start my stim drugs on Thursday evening, and am feeling nervous, too. I am fairly sensitive to hormone levels. I've had some challenges with being on birth control pills this last cycle, but it was not as bad as I'd feared. I didn't have a terrible reaction to the clomid during my IUI cycle, but I had a bit of trouble with the progesterone. I was in a sad haze throughout the 2 WW. I am taking anti-depressants already, but am at the max, and I also worry about getting depressed. We'll be here for each other, ok? I have found extra b vitamins, long walks, and acupuncture to be helpful. And I am open to any other suggestions!

@tinytina I am sending you lots of positive baby thoughts during your 2 ww!

Aimee

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow
Pregnant again after IVF, EDD July 6, 2015!
Old 08-31-2014, 09:21 PM

The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Summer 2014

@radiowave
Did you mean you were doing IVF with ICSI? I've been wrecking my brain with how ICSI can be done with IUI and just figured it must be a typo. Did any of those websites help that I posted for rescue ICSI? I hope they did.
It's good to know the bc pills did not affect you quite as bad as you thought. I hated them. The lupron has always been awful for me as well. Will you have to do that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2014, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Please join us on our new thread for the fall! Does anyone have any changes to make to their statuses? Please make any changes in bold so that I can keep the thread up to date.

The Fertility Challenged One Thread -Fall 2014

Old 09-01-2014, 03:04 PM

Tina could you update me on this old thread to bfp? I forgot all this time!
Sorry can't bold on phone!

User Tag List