Forum Jump: 
 404Likes

#121 of 437 Old 06-25-2014, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post
I'm sorry guys...... We are traveling and really this is the first time I could sit down with my computer allllllllll day
Drum roll please.......... Da da da
One!!!!!! One Little bean. Yep one and the heartbeat and size was perfect for 6 week and 5 days.
Thanks for the stalk ladies!!!
Yay!!! So happy for you love!!

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#122 of 437 Old 06-25-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post
I'm sorry guys...... We are traveling and really this is the first time I could sit down with my computer allllllllll day
Drum roll please.......... Da da da
One!!!!!! One Little bean. Yep one and the heartbeat and size was perfect for 6 week and 5 days.
Thanks for the stalk ladies!!!
Yay @tracyamber !! So excited for you!
tracyamber likes this.

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#123 of 437 Old 06-25-2014, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Awww congrats! I was rooting for twins, though

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#124 of 437 Old 06-25-2014, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Woohooo Tracy!!! Go relax and enjoy the good news!
tracyamber likes this.
#125 of 437 Old 06-26-2014, 03:00 AM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
@tracyamber - That's awesome!!!! You were right!!! It sounds like one strong, healthy bean! Yeah!!!! So happy for you!
@chuord - I'm just chugging along, but it's a long road. I'm still following you guys and cheering you on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tracyamber likes this.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#126 of 437 Old 06-26-2014, 04:54 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
tracy! Yeah!!! so glad you have one strong healthy little bean growing in there!! woo hoo for the heartbeat!!
tracyamber likes this.

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#127 of 437 Old 06-26-2014, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

Negative ovulation tests yesterday and today.

Last night me and hubby sat down and looked at all 3 websites for sperm donors. One website was much more user friendly and provided a much more detailed profile. This detailed profile made me feel like I could almost see the person in my head. We really liked that website. We found 1 man in particular that we were both drawn to and we think he will end up being our donor. He is a lot like my husband. We did come up with a list of possibilities though. We found an open donor (at the age of 18 the child could contact him if they choose to- kinda like an adoption).

Hi @Xerxella and @alivewithyou and @adiejan

Hi @chuord and @iixivboots and @hope4light

Yippee! So happy for you @tracyamber !

Hope everyone is doing well. Here, today is suppose to be pouring down rain all day so it is a stay at home day.
kewpie80 likes this.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#128 of 437 Old 06-26-2014, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
@tracyamber - Yay!!!
tracyamber likes this.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#129 of 437 Old 06-26-2014, 08:21 PM

Hey ladies! @tinytina -sounds like you have some hopeful prospects! How exciting!
@chuord -how are things? I love how encouraging you always are!
@Xerxella - hope you are feeling alright mama!

Hi everyone else!

AFM: I am still having horrible allergic reactions. Pretty sure it is the Lupron to supress the ohss. However, I got my blood drawn and hopefully things will have calmed down enough to stop it! I also think I am about to greet AF. I'm planning to do an FET this month if these will work out. Has anyone done estrogen patches? Any side effects I need to know about?

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#130 of 437 Old 06-26-2014, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4light View Post
tracy! Yeah!!! so glad you have one strong healthy little bean growing in there!! woo hoo for the heartbeat!!
Did you get my email?? Just curious.

Hi everyone else. I'm always thinking of you and reading every post don't think I'm not!
#131 of 437 Old 06-27-2014, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Tracyamber - congrats!

Tinytina - that sounds like a plan in progress! Glad to hear it

Adiejan - I don't think I had anyside effects from the estrogen patches, though I was also on progesterone, so that confuses the issue. They aren't easy to get off (at least, with my dry skin), and they leave stickiness behind...
#132 of 437 Old 06-27-2014, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Tracy - I did now :-) Thanks for the shoutout - I sent you an email back!! (I got a new phone under warrenty, and am STILL trying to get it all set back up. So, now my email is back ha ha)

adie - I don't remember any side effects specific to the patches, but for me I only used them on my successful IVF, so who knows what symptoms/side effects were from what, you know?

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#133 of 437 Old 06-27-2014, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

It is suppose to be a nice weekend here- warmer and Canada Day is Tuesday- big celebrations here including fireworks, outdoor concerts, a parade, etc.

I am at Day 14, and I am suppose to O between day 11-17 and I have had 3 straight negative OPK's- I am only testing once, first thing in the morning.

Hi @kewpie80 , hope you are doing well dear.

I am definitely working on feeling at peace and relaxed about the whole situation. I am happy to have the start of a clearer plan.

Hi @adiejan , sorry to hear about AF finding you and the allergic reaction.

Hi @tracyamber and @Autumnlaughing and @hope4light - Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi everyone else!

#134 of 437 Old 06-27-2014, 01:32 PM

Tina - donor search sounds very positive! It's exciting you're almost ready
Adie - I did estrogen tablets so no idea re the patches, it would be great for you to get a reaction free month with your fet - I love that you're still cheerful despite all the issues!
Xerxella, hope, Tracy - you are all starting to sound relaxed and pg it's great to see!
Afm - Flying this morning, looking forward to the sun, relaxed atmosphere and good food. Planning on avoiding the crocodiles lol
#135 of 437 Old 06-28-2014, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone!

Another negative OPK this morning.
Decided I want to actually start writing on my blog about our struggles with infertility. I started the blog back in February but I wasn't ready to write on it.
Got really emotional last night, my parent's cat passed away last night (they have lost 2 cats and a dog in about a year). It's been really rough on my parents and me and my brother.

I am feeling pretty good about the search right now, @chuord . Enjoy your time away dear!

#136 of 437 Old 06-28-2014, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Good morning! It is a lovely, but very hot, day in Baltimore. I am trying to learn what various things mean as you discuss them, but I am still pretty new so I don't feel like I have much to contribute beyond my own story, except lots of encouragement and hope!
Yesterday we had our second consultation with the RE. He said, based on my tests, my TAC, DH's borderline sperm motility issue, and our ages and pregnancy history, that he wants to go ahead with the following plan: Start IUI treatment at the beginning of my next cycle (which should start between tomorrow and wednesday. Scan and bloodwork CD3, Clomid CDs 5 through 9, scan and bloodwork CD12, and based on that, probably a trigger shot around then and then the IUI, and then vaginal progesterone for two weeks. He said that he only wants to do two rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF. This all sounds fairly aggressive to me, which I am ok with, I think, but surprised by. I thought that we would try more rounds of IUI before moving on. He doesn't want to do any IUI with injectable before moving on to IVF because of the greater risk of multiples, which we are not sure that my TAC could handle well. I am very nervous about the clomid. I already struggle with depression and anxiety, and am in the process of weaning myself off of klonapin for sleeping so that I can start the treatment. Does this sound like a normal process to all of you? How did you deal with the Clomid side effects? I thought that I would be feeling relieved to get started after waiting so long, but my anxiety has only increased. I just keep remembering that the reason we are doing this is because we lost our dear Nico due to pprom and IC.
Have a lovely day, everyone!
Aimee

Aimee, mom to Mirah b. 08/09/08
and my angel, Nico, , lost to us at 19 weeks gestation, 12/27/12
Longing for our rainbow

Last edited by radiowave; 06-28-2014 at 07:38 AM. Reason: typos
#137 of 437 Old 06-28-2014, 05:37 PM

Hugs Tina! Just wanted to mention, I can get a negative opk first thing but a positive by about 11am to midday... Apparently the hormone is only produced once you are up etc. Maybe try testing then?
Radio wave - sounds like a sound plan, I think most of us have been surprised at the aggressive plans suggested at some time or another. I know I was. Just know that you will be fine, whatever the hormones throw at you you will cope, because it's for that precious package. When it gets tough that's what I hold onto.
Re the clomid they don't like to do too many as it can affect your lining, also they have no control over multiple eggs - ivf although it is a more intense process gives the doc so much better control - which sounds important in your case. Remember at your day 12 scan if there are two many follicles you can cancel.
Re the effects I did letrozole (same effect but different drug) just make sure you and dh are aware that it could affect your mood, and I found if you let him know when the drugs are making you twitchy they are more tolerant and better at the hugs!
Good luck!
radiowave likes this.
#138 of 437 Old 06-28-2014, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello hello!

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I would love to join all of you. I stepped back from the forums last year to focus on some big life changes, but I am more than ready to be back.

A little intro: DH and I have been TTC for 4 years now. We had one loss 2 years ago at 5 weeks, but no other pregnancies. We've been without health insurance until recently, so been taking it slow and trying some more natural things but it's just not happening. So we're seeing my OBGYN right now for basic testing. I have a sonogram scheduled for July 8th, to check my anatomy and see if I am producing follicles, and then we'll go from there!

I guess you can add me to the Waiting to O section, though I'm not sure I'm ovulating. :/

Can't wait to get to know everyone better and see some BFPs soon!

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.

Last edited by WildDoula; 06-28-2014 at 09:54 PM.
#139 of 437 Old 06-29-2014, 07:10 AM

@radiowave - I know it seems aggressive but honestly I wish my re would have been more aggressive. The one I was seeing at the time led me to believe things were great and we did 4 IUI resulting in one ectopic. I have a history of major depressive disorder and clomid really didn't bother me at all! I hope it's the same for you!
@chuord - hope you are having fun! Well who am I kidding I'm sure you are !
@WildDoula -welcome!!! this is a fabulous place to endure this journey!

AFM: well cd2 u/s yesterday to see if we can do FET...no go. Still have too many left over cysts from last cycle. In retrospect I'm glad we didn't put any embies back or I would be miserable with continued OHSS. Had a very hard time with it all yesterday. My crazy allergic reaction was due to the stupid Lupron. Luckily I can stop that now...yay! My hives have already decreased. I think that contributed to my depression and headaches too. So looking for things to start getting back to "normal"! I'm sad I'm out another month but I'm holding on to those frozen embabies and hoping for next month!!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#140 of 437 Old 06-29-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiejan View Post
@radiowave - I know it seems aggressive but honestly I wish my re would have been more aggressive. The one I was seeing at the time led me to believe things were great and we did 4 IUI resulting in one ectopic. I have a history of major depressive disorder and clomid really didn't bother me at all! I hope it's the same for you!
@chuord - hope you are having fun! Well who am I kidding I'm sure you are !
@WildDoula -welcome!!! this is a fabulous place to endure this journey!

AFM: well cd2 u/s yesterday to see if we can do FET...no go. Still have too many left over cysts from last cycle. In retrospect I'm glad we didn't put any embies back or I would be miserable with continued OHSS. Had a very hard time with it all yesterday. My crazy allergic reaction was due to the stupid Lupron. Luckily I can stop that now...yay! My hives have already decreased. I think that contributed to my depression and headaches too. So looking for things to start getting back to "normal"! I'm sad I'm out another month but I'm holding on to those frozen embabies and hoping for next month!!
Thanks for the reassurance, @Adiejen. I am ok with aggressive, since I feel strongly that I need to get pregnant as soon as possible. It just made me feel like maybe I was not as good a subject for IUI as I'd thought.
What are FET and OHSS?
I was also wondering if anyone had experienced side effects from post IUI progesterone, or from the trigger shot?
Have a lovely day, all?

Longing for our rainbow
#141 of 437 Old 06-29-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
Thanks for the reassurance, @Adiejen. I am ok with aggressive, since I feel strongly that I need to get pregnant as soon as possible. It just made me feel like maybe I was not as good a subject for IUI as I'd thought.
What are FET and OHSS?
I was also wondering if anyone had experienced side effects from post IUI progesterone, or from the trigger shot?
Have a lovely day, all?
@radiowave - FET=frozen embryo transfer OHSS= ovarian hyperstmulation syndrome...it's awful and you definitely don't want to have it ever!! I had no real side effects from the progesterone. I have done progesterone in oil which was pretty ouchie due to the lumpy shots. i have also done oral and vaginal with mostly fatigue. I guess it's hard to know what's what I'm this process since you're so pumped full of hormones.
tracyamber likes this.

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#142 of 437 Old 06-29-2014, 03:47 PM

Wild doula - welcome! Hope your journey is a gentle one!
Adie - snap! I'm glad that you are getting a chance to rest your ovaries (annoying as the delay is) those frosties are not aging though - just waiting for you so glad the lupron allergy is clearing up, hopefully they'll use a different drug if you have to go again!
Darwin is lovely, having a fun time with all the food and markets
tracyamber likes this.
#143 of 437 Old 06-30-2014, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

Got negatives on OPK on days 15 and 16. Are you freaking kidding me? I worry that this is driving me crazy. I had a tiny bit CM yesterday around lunch time but that was it. Normally I have a lot more than this. No ovulation pain either. They said for the first 3 months only test once a day and they said first thing in the morning. I decided to test a month early just to get use to it etc and to have a rough idea for next month. Now my anxiety is spiking. So I guess my question is, how long will I get a yes result on a digital test? If I test in the morning, ovulate during the day, will I get another negative result the next morning?

Sorry I have no experience on Clomid, @radiowave . It does sound like your RE is being aggressive with your treatment plan. Is there a chance to have a second opinion? Glad @chuord and @adiejan was able to give you some advice/information dear.

Hello and welcome @WildDoula , best of luck on your pursuit to have a baby.

Hope you feel better (no allergic reaction) @adiejan , hope things settle down in the next month.

Glad you are enjoying your time away @chuord .

#144 of 437 Old 06-30-2014, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Still stalking along and cheering for you ladies. Just popping in to add a few thoughts.

Adie - Boo on not getting to transfer this month, but yay for recovering from your reaction! Hopefully your ovaries will get busy resetting themselves now.

radio - I agree with what others have said, it may sound aggressive, but it's probably better not to waste time. If you are concerned about progesterone side effects, you can choose not to do it. Unless you have a history of low progesterone, it's really just the RE covering their butt. Your body should make plenty of progesterone on its own just by you ovulating. But you'll have to do what feels right for you.

Tina - Ugh, how nerve-wracking! It sounds like you're checking your CM - have you also been checking your BBT, or any other fertility signs? Have you ever used OPKs before? There seems to be a lot of debate about when to use them (as different brands give different instructions), but most of what I've seen points to first thing in the morning not being the best time to use them. It really depends on how long/strong your LH surge is. Some people definitely do get +OPKs in the morning, others don't. This link has some good info in it. Hope you get your + test soon!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#145 of 437 Old 06-30-2014, 03:11 PM

I have realized that I am ok with this aggressive treatment, since every month counts, but it took me by surprise. You know that moment when you suddenly know that now this is your life, and it something you never even considered?
My most immediate anxiety is the fact that I will likely be on clomid while at the beach with my extended family. There is a fight every year at some point, and I am just worried that I will be a mess the whole time.
I hope that everyone is having a decent day!

Longing for our rainbow
#146 of 437 Old 06-30-2014, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the welcome!
@adiejan hope you're feeling better! Bummed for you that you have to wait longer to have your FET, but it sounds like your body will thank you for the rest.
@radiowave Glad you have found some peace in your treatment plan. Fingers crossed that the Clomid is easy on you... The beach sounds so nice! Jealous! Boo family drama though, hopefully you can skip all that.
@tinytina OPKs are crazy, hoping you get a definite positive soon!

How's everyone else doing?

I'm hanging out here at CD5, waiting for AF to taper off. Not much to report.

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
#147 of 437 Old 06-30-2014, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome wilddoula. We were on the TTC one thread together 100 (like 4) years ago. I had a different username then but I remember you. Sorry we are both still here.

Love and following you all. Just processing.
MindlessChrissy and adiejan like this.
#148 of 437 Old 07-01-2014, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi,

I haven't posted or a while because I am taking a break and letting my body recover after the IVF cycle where no eggs fertilised :-( we are chilling out for a couple of months and then trying icsi in august.

Radio wave- I did 4 rounds of clomid and it made me very irritable and contrary, I would argue anything with DH! Then after I had finished taking the tablet (later in the month) I felt really depressed like all the hope had been sucke out of my life, even though rationally I knew that thibgs were good. However we have a lady on the ither thread who got pregnant straight away on it and there are a lot of clomid babies in the world! It does work. I was told if it hasn't worked within 3 cycles, it's very unlikely, so I think it's good that you are trying thibgs and progressing quickly. I also read somewhere anecdotally that a very experienced RE had never seen a positive result on clomid where the woman had bad side effects to the drug, so maybe that's why it didn't work for me. I would say go for it!! You just need to warn DH that you maybe a bit grumpy and then remember if you are feeling particularly blue it is because of the drugs and it will shift. Just be kind to yourself.

Tina- try not to stress too much about opks, I never got a true positive but I was ovulating. I think sometimes it goes a bit darker and you know that's the right time. Personally the EWCM and my libido are more reliable indicators for me. On O day and -1 I want to rip DH's clothes off!! I think he gets a bit scared ;-)

Hi to everyone else. I am faithfully reading along and cheering you all.
radiowave, hope4light and adiejan like this.
#149 of 437 Old 07-01-2014, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
For those who would like to know the news, but don't like post stalking in the graduates thread, I thought I'd let you know that we had our first u/s this morning. We're expecting a second set of twins. Everyone looks healthy so far, but of course we're still nervous.
adiejan likes this.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#150 of 437 Old 07-01-2014, 02:40 PM

Kewpie - that's fantastic!!!! Lol I had a feeling! Been waiting for your news, but didn't want to make a fuss as I know you prefer calm... But woohooo!!!! Are you excited? Or feeling overwhelmed? I'm really happy for you xx

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page